Skip to content
Do you have adblock enabled?

Host: punkrockgirl
Description: World Fark Party Apr 1 - 3 in Las Vegas at Treasure Island - see comments for details
Date/Time: April 1, 2011 - Time TBD
Party Info: [Note: This comments thread will stay open until after the party... --Mike]

We've lined a few more things up, and we can finally announce a couple of confirmed guests for the Saturday event, 4-8 pm at Treasure Island conference room. Paul and Storm will be doing a little something for us, as well as Bill Corbett of Rifftrax & Mystery Science Theater 3000, and our own aquigley will be emceeing the show. We're still talking with a couple of other people, I'll update as soon as I can. You can register for that here: http://www.regonline.com/farkcon

As Drew mentioned previously, there is a $50 cover for that event, since we're having it catered. The fee just covers our food costs, and there will be a cash bar. However, if you are stretching the budget just to make it there and can't come up with the $50, PLEASE email Drew, he may waive it for you. We don't want anybody to be left out.

Also, March 18 is the deadline for booking your room at TI with our group rate, so procrastinators need to get moving. Call 800-288-7206 and tell them you're with the Fark group, our group code is FARKCOM. The code will not work online, you need to call.

So to sum up: Bar crawl on the strip Thurs evening, starting location TBD. Friday afternoon 2:30pm poker tourney (contact Farker smells_like_meat for details). Friday evening Fark party, half-priced drinks from 6-9pm at Kahunaville, drinking, debauchery, and cupcakes. Saturday 4-8 pm, mini con-thingy with food, guest speakers/singers and random silliness.

And that's it for now, we'll keep you updated on new developments. Please feel free to email punkrockgirl or Tony/Unfreakable with any questions or suggestions.

Recommended Twitter hash tag: #farklv2011

An older blog post from Drew has a few more details.

Meet at: Treasure Island
3300 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
(open map in new window)

6002 clicks; posted to Main » and Fark Party » on 18 Mar 2011 at 12:47 PM (11 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | » | Newest | Show all

2011-03-17 3:21:54 PM
I officially invite all good looking TFettes to our Tower Suite for drinks and cuddling. And by cuddling, I mean dirty sex with a at least one bald guy. That is all.

2011-03-17 3:24:05 PM
Part of me really wants to go now. I think that part is my left elbow, 'cause it sure ain't my liver.

2011-03-17 3:24:19 PM
aquigley will be emceeing the show

oh for christ's sake

2011-03-17 3:26:10 PM
Crooooooooooow (2.0)!

2011-03-17 3:29:00 PM
So, when do we wear our retro/fake prom outfits? Thursday, Friday or Saturday?

2011-03-17 3:29:01 PM
CASH BAR!?!?!

i.imgur.comView Full Size

2011-03-17 3:29:30 PM
Quigs? Oh boy. I'm going to draw up odds for him calling out certain TFettes.

2011-03-17 3:30:55 PM
Yes, cupcakes

2011-03-17 3:32:02 PM
Oh goodie.

2011-03-17 3:32:46 PM
Woo Vegas!

2011-03-17 3:34:24 PM
The entire hotel will smell like a mixture of salami, unwashed balls and sadness.

2011-03-17 3:34:39 PM

Fra_dat_da: Yes, cupcakes

HELL YES, cupcakes. Also, if anybody with PS skills is around, I have a specific idea for event shirts but no way to design it.

2011-03-17 3:34:40 PM

vegaswench: Woo Vegas!

What she said.

2011-03-17 3:35:15 PM

Unfreakable: Fra_dat_da: Yes, cupcakes

I can't PS but I can work magic with puff paint!

2011-03-17 3:38:33 PM
This sounds better and better every day.

2011-03-17 3:38:39 PM

Unfreakable: Fra_dat_da: Yes, cupcakes

EIP

2011-03-17 3:38:52 PM

Shostie: CASH BAR!?!?!

i789.photobucket.comView Full Size

2011-03-17 3:41:28 PM
I heard Tucker Max will be there!!!!

It will be Epic and off the hook!

2011-03-17 3:42:10 PM

Unfreakable: Fra_dat_da: Yes, cupcakes

I can't believe you didn't come to me first.

SAMPLE

i253.photobucket.comView Full Size

2011-03-17 3:44:01 PM
Yeah, I am coming off of the 17 day no carbs diet, I am going to be on those cupcakes like a fat kid on cake.

2011-03-17 3:44:53 PM
I'd buy it.

2011-03-17 3:46:18 PM
aquigley is emceeing? So, all the C&C Music Factory we can handle?

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars

2011-03-17 3:50:15 PM

Yzziefrog: Unfreakable: Fra_dat_da: Yes, cupcakes

EIP

Email sent.

2011-03-17 3:51:08 PM

brap: SAMPLE

Achievement Unlocked:

img59.imageshack.usView Full Size

2011-03-17 3:52:05 PM
Dang it, I was already feeling kinda bummed for missing this, and now I'm feeling really bummed.

Jerks. I don't want to come to your dumb party anyway.

2011-03-17 3:52:56 PM
siegs you had better be going to this

youre on a laminated, approved list of people im allowed to sleep with

2011-03-17 3:53:14 PM
Service Fee:
$6.43

I am a little puzzled by the service fee for the event link.

2011-03-17 3:53:20 PM
I'm in!

2011-03-17 3:53:42 PM
I just reserved my room. There's no turning back (within 48 hours without forfeiting my deposit) now.

2011-03-17 3:54:11 PM

Hyperbolic Hyperbole: siegs you had better be going to this

I am not able to attend, my friend. Mom is not signing the permission slip

2011-03-17 3:56:18 PM

mcsiegs: Hyperbolic Hyperbole: siegs you had better be going to this

I am not able to attend, my friend. Mom is not signing the permission slip

but the goddamn list is laminated, man. the border of the card just says "Mrs. Siegsy Hyperbole" over and over with little hearts in between repetitions

2011-03-17 3:59:24 PM

Hyperbolic Hyperbole: mcsiegs: Hyperbolic Hyperbole: siegs you had better be going to this

I am not able to attend, my friend. Mom is not signing the permission slip

I think that I will have to beg mom now with this new information

2011-03-17 4:01:13 PM
Excitement! And registered!!

2011-03-17 4:01:19 PM

syrynxx: Service Fee:
$6.43

I am a little puzzled by the service fee for the event link.

That's how they fark ya.

2011-03-17 4:03:34 PM
Why did nobody tell me about a Vegas party?

2011-03-17 4:04:01 PM

mcsiegs: Hyperbolic Hyperbole: siegs you had better be going to this

I am not able to attend, my friend. Mom is not signing the permission slip

I sure did, you ninny.

2011-03-17 4:04:01 PM

Unfreakable: Yzziefrog: Unfreakable: Fra_dat_da: Yes, cupcakes

EIP

Email sent.

/it would sure sell

2011-03-17 4:04:44 PM
Will there be a liter area and a TF area?

2011-03-17 4:05:15 PM
We are on. I have scheduled a private tourney for all Farker's, spouses and friends, at 2:30 pm Friday April 1 at the card
room at Treasure Island. No Limit Texas Hold'em. The buy in will be $65 which includes all tips, fees, etc. Also included are
free beginner's lessons starting at 1:30, depending upon interest. Just show up. This is to encourage partners to join in the fun and learn a little bit about poker in a relaxed atmosphere.

Sign ups begin at 1:30 Friday at the card room. Cash only, paid directly to the house. Late sign ups accepted until 3:30, space
permitting. If we get 20 players, first place will be about $500. 3 places will be paid. The card room is very private, perfect for a party.

The tourney will finish at about 5:30, in time for the cocktail party.

The card room manager is very cool. He's agreed to let the event be MC'ed with gag gifts awarded, etc., etc. This will be
more of a party than a poker game, so whatever your level of experience, show up and play. If you spent the afternoon
playing blackjack you could drop $1K, easy. Here you risk $65 and get a party and a chance at a big jackpot.

The card room is located in the hallway between the Buffet and Kahunaville, on the way to the overpass to the Mirage.

The card room is non-smoking and the drinks are free.

See you there.

If you're going to attend, send me an email, if you haven't already. Its not a signup sheet, its to give me a rough count so that I can make sure that there are enough dealers to accommodate us. If you need a lesson, let me know that too. EIP.

2011-03-17 4:05:19 PM

Mr. Murder: Why did nobody tell me about a Vegas party?

You can't go until you beat me at Words with Friends.

2011-03-17 4:06:54 PM

Yzziefrog: Holy Chr*st! You know if I used that image in a Photoshop contest I'd be perma-banned faster than you can say "squirrel"?????

/it would sure sell

No, no, no. The image I sent you was two people fighting over a donut. Each of them has a hand on it and they're pulling it...

2011-03-17 4:07:16 PM

unremarkable asterisk: Will there be a liter area and a TF area?

Yes, and in additional to all other fees, you'll have to pay more to get into the TF area, or find someone to do it for you.

2011-03-17 4:09:34 PM
I am looking forward to this... many of you I want to meet, several of you I want to laugh at :P

2011-03-17 4:10:53 PM

februarymakeup: unremarkable asterisk: Will there be a liter area and a TF area?

2011-03-17 4:12:53 PM

The secret handshake won't be good enough to identify TF'ers. I suggest we all get matching tats.

2011-03-17 4:14:48 PM

Starryeyes: Mr. Murder: Why did nobody tell me about a Vegas party?

You can't go until you beat me at Words with Friends.

:D

2011-03-17 4:15:46 PM

smells_like_meat: unremarkable asterisk: Sounds about right. As long as there is secure segregation between the two, I'm in!

I thought we agreed on 3-wolf t-shirts...

2011-03-17 4:15:52 PM

smells_like_meat: 2:30 pm Friday April 1 at the card room at Treasure Island. No Limit Texas Hold'em.

I'll almost certainly be there. I hope whoever wins will enjoy my money.

2011-03-17 4:19:02 PM

Starryeyes: Mr. Murder: Why did nobody tell me about a Vegas party?

You can't go until you beat me at Words with Friends.

Dammit!

2011-03-17 4:21:02 PM

Hyperbolic Hyperbole: Starryeyes: Mr. Murder: Why did nobody tell me about a Vegas party?

You can't go until you beat me at Words with Friends.

:D

You're in, though it took a couple tries!

/that's totally what she said.

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | » | Newest | Show all