Skip to content
Do you have adblock enabled?

Host: kb7rky
Description: Fark Party, Indiana Style - 5:00pm, Friday, Oct. 21, 2022, The Red Yeti, 256 Spring St., Jeffersonville, IN
Date/Time: October 21, 2022 - 05:00 PM (local time)
Party Info:
Short notice for a Fark Party - October 21st, 5:00pm, at the Red Yeti, 256 Spring St. (one block south of Schimpff's Confectionery), Jeffersonville, IN 47130.

Drew will likely be there. Would love to see as many Farkers as possible, as well!

Also, going to try to get my mom to attend, and my cousin, if she's up to it.

See y'all there!

Doug Graham (kb7rky)

Meet at: The Red Yeti
256 Spring St, Jeffersonville, IN 47130, USA
(open map in new window)

1189 clicks; posted to Main » and Fark Party » on 21 Oct 2022 at 5:59 AM (6 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all

2022-10-05 7:52:23 PM
I stayed about 3 blocks away from there just a couple of weeks ago at a VRBO. Seemed like a decent area.

Yeah, just looked at the satellite and O'Shea's pub (where we went for a few) is just a block or so away.  Thought it was a kinda weird area to have the Housing Authority offices though unless they were mainly concentrating on people living in vans down by the river.

2022-10-05 8:37:54 PM
How come y'all never go hard Indiana Style in, say, Flagstaff Arizona?

It would be much more convenient for me.

2022-10-05 8:48:51 PM

It would be much more convenient for me.

I mean, I could.

2022-10-05 8:53:25 PM

ytterbium: rosekolodny: How come y'all never go hard Indiana Style in, say, Flagstaff Arizona?

It would be much more convenient for me.

I mean, I could.

GURL

2022-10-05 8:58:13 PM
Got all excited to see Indiana! 3 hours too far from me, sadly.

2022-10-05 9:28:08 PM
Hey I know that area. Family there and I visit occasionally. Maybe if you guys do it in May

2022-10-05 9:32:34 PM

Have fun, Indiana. Spill some for me, and remember to tip your server.

2022-10-05 9:51:45 PM

MrBallou: I wish one of the DC Farkers with better social skills than me would organize a party here. I'd go.

Paging punkwrestler.

2022-10-05 10:15:40 PM

It would be much more convenient for me.

The line to see you would be worse than getting to Woodstock in 1969. Try not to be so popular

2022-10-05 11:54:33 PM
Damn. That's close enough, but October's almost booked solid for me.

2022-10-06 12:23:44 AM

Wendigogo: Got all excited to see Indiana! 3 hours too far from me, sadly.

Road trip! I'll race you down 65.

2022-10-06 10:49:03 AM

Max Wedge: Wendigogo: Got all excited to see Indiana! 3 hours too far from me, sadly.

Road trip! I'll race you down 65.

Ha! From what I recall, you have a bit of a head start :-P

2022-10-06 1:49:03 PM
haha you guys live in Indiana.

/learned my lesson the second time

2022-10-06 1:54:28 PM
gannett-cdn.comView Full Size

This party's gonna be so good they'll be beating guys off with both hands

2022-10-06 2:25:27 PM
Someone should cross post this with Louisville.... just saying.

(RVA next please)

2022-10-06 2:35:22 PM
Of all places to have a Fark party... Hoosierville...

What in the hell?

2022-10-06 3:45:27 PM
I was in that place ~10 years ago when it was called something else...

/got almost blackout drunk and then had to catch a flight at 8AM the next morning, good times (insert puke emoji)

2022-10-06 3:49:25 PM
I've never been to one.  Any other southwestern ohioians going to go?

2022-10-06 8:08:30 PM

Hots_Kebabs: haha you guys live in Indiana.

/learned my lesson the second time

I live in Missouri now. Indiana is better.

2022-10-06 9:31:34 PM

ytterbium: Hots_Kebabs: haha you guys live in Indiana.

/learned my lesson the second time

I live in Missouri now. Indiana is better.

This is frightening

2022-10-07 1:22:06 PM
Will there be a contest for the oldest handle? Trivia? I have to have something more to pay the toll over the bridge....

2022-10-07 6:31:37 PM

2022-10-14 7:58:32 PM

nony2klerch: I've never been to one.  Any other southwestern ohioians going to go?

Nope. Indiana wants me. Lord, I can't go back there.

2022-10-14 8:45:44 PM
Will masks and vaccines be mandatory?

2022-10-14 8:52:17 PM

RandyJohnson: Will masks and vaccines be mandatory?

In southern Indiana? Not likely. I haven't seen anyone masked in months.

2022-10-18 3:03:32 PM
It's been about 10 years since I went to a Fark party.  Unfortunately this one is at the opposite end of the state.  Maybe next time.

2022-10-18 3:19:28 PM
I'm definitely in

2022-10-18 3:22:52 PM
Hi all...KB7RKY here.

Mom and I got in to Louisville yesterday afternoon. Visiting with friends and family today in Jeffersonville, and most definitely looking forward to Friday evening.

Please try to come by to wish Fay (mom) congratulations on kicking breast cancer's ass.

We will see as many of you as possible!

Doug Graham (kb7rky)

2022-10-18 3:25:13 PM

Drew: I'm definitely in

Mom wants to meet you, for certain! My cousin, Debbie, is planning on tagging along, as well.

Let Mike know, too...I know Lelia has to work :P

I can't get onto Facebook, so if you would, please, give everyone a holler there, I'd appreciate it!

2022-10-18 3:36:56 PM

kb7rky: Hi all...KB7RKY here.

We will see as many of you as possible!

Doug Graham (kb7rky)

I'm pretty much off Facebook myself - every time I go there I either can't remember what I read or I hate it.  Seems like a sub-optimal experience.  Someone else is gonna have to do it unfortunately

2022-10-18 3:37:07 PM
I would, but this is a 2 hour drive for me.

Would definitely be interesting putting some names to faces though...

2022-10-18 3:56:44 PM
I'll have to drive over from Louisville for this. I haven't been to Red Yeti before, but I haven't heard the best things about the place.

2022-10-18 3:58:00 PM

the summer before last I think they had some seating out front, between the building and the street... but I think that was just because of covid and limitations on seating capacity indoors... I don't think it was a permanent thing.

could someone stop off at schrimpfs and just buy like a 5lb bag of those damn cinnamon candies .

2022-10-18 4:03:17 PM

Wendigogo: Got all excited to see Indiana! 3 hours too far from me, sadly.

yeah... might as well call this a tri-state party... could almost spit into kentucky from this location depending on the wind velocity.  might get some south-western ohio farkers down to this one.

2022-10-18 4:08:42 PM

link to street view from this summer

looks like as of june of this year the seating was still out in the street.  I'm not sure this venue will hold more than 50-60 people anyway... so this isn't going to be a large fark party.

2022-10-18 5:47:06 PM

Drew: kb7rky: Hi all...KB7RKY here.

We will see as many of you as possible!

Doug Graham (kb7rky)

No prob, Drew. My mobile browser hates me, too.

Looking forward to seeing you again, good sir!

2022-10-18 9:40:58 PM

Sofa King Smart: darinwil: Does this place have a patio? It's close enough to Kentucky that the weather might not be bad for the outside.

link to street view from this summer

Thanks! Although with this cold snap rocking the Midwest over the next few days I guess it might not matter.

2022-10-20 6:08:04 PM
Enjoy everyone!   Hopefully can make one on the west coast

2022-10-20 7:34:26 PM
Represent the Hoosier state better than our politicians, and have a grand ol' time... but tell Drew that while Duke sucks Kentucky sucks even more.

2022-10-20 8:50:27 PM
Have one at the Greasy Pickle in Portland Indiana and I'll be there.

2022-10-21 6:24:24 AM
I'll be working unfortunately.

2022-10-21 5:23:19 PM
Not many people here.

2022-10-21 6:30:44 PM

Sporkabob: Not many people here.

Anyone else here

2022-10-21 6:35:05 PM
I guess it would help if I actually knew what anyone looks like 😂. I'm out on the patio if anyone is so inclined

2022-10-21 7:30:44 PM

darinwil: Sporkabob: Not many people here.

Anyone else here

You probably showed up right after I left. Hung around for little over an hour and had some food and drinks.  Didn't see anyone, so I left.

2022-10-21 7:36:32 PM

Sporkabob: darinwil: Sporkabob: Not many people here.

Anyone else here

Kinda what I thought. The beer cheese was good, but like always I'm usually a day late and a dollar short. I'll probably settle up and walk back to the hotel.
If things change or anyone else shows up I'm like a 2 min walk away.

2022-10-21 10:18:52 PM
I guess it wasn't all a loss, there was a nice fireworks show over the bridge.

2022-10-22 6:13:12 PM
Why didn't someone just stand near a crowd of folks and say FARK kinda loud?

2022-10-23 3:24:37 PM
When life hands you lemons, make lemonade, I went to Falls of the Ohio state park and saw come cool fossils, then drove down near Ft. Knox and camped at a national park camp, so all in all not a waste.

2022-10-23 6:21:13 PM

darinwil: I considered it, unfortunately there weren't really any crowds, just a few couples eating dinner. I also briefly thought about saying to the hostess that I was there for "the Fark party", but after surveying the customers while waiting I figured I would probably have more luck just asking here.

Dixie Highway? Brave soul. That's my old homebase.

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all