Skip to content
Do you have adblock enabled?

Host: MrBallou
Description: We need a DC/MD meet up, soon. Some of Fark's best live here and we should out ourselves
Date/Time: TBD
Party Info:
I propose a brewery near me,

They make some of the best micros I've ever had and can accommodate packs of erudite drunks.

Meet at: https://truerespite.com/
7301 Calhoun Pl #600, Derwood, MD 20855, USA
(open map in new window)

797 clicks; posted to Main » and Fark Party » on 22 May 2022 at 1:03 AM (19 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all

2022-05-22 1:19:51 AM
And here I quit drinkin'.

2022-05-22 1:32:45 AM
Your dc fark party is pretty far away from dc

/grew up in silver spring
//not there anymore
///have fun

2022-05-22 1:38:12 AM
"Some of Fark's best live here"

Oh, there's a high bar

i0.wp.comView Full Size

2022-05-22 1:39:42 AM

2022-05-22 1:44:58 AM

I've never associated Rockville with anything but fun. Rockville ROCKS!

2022-05-22 1:45:15 AM

2022-05-22 1:48:19 AM

I've never associated Rockville with anything but fun. Rockville ROCKS!

Lol. No.

2022-05-22 1:48:48 AM

Magorn: I'm moving to Fredericksburg this week from Leesburg. But it might well be worth the drive for this. Keep me posted

You're headed to fRednecksburg? Lo siento

2022-05-22 2:05:00 AM
Oh come on.  Who the hell good lives in Maryland.

2022-05-22 2:07:59 AM

aerojockey: Oh come on.  Who the hell good lives in Maryland.

Fark user imageView Full Size

2022-05-22 2:08:15 AM

I've never associated Rockville with anything but fun. Rockville ROCKS!

Lol. No.

Maybe we're considering different Rockvilles.

2022-05-22 2:15:57 AM

I've never associated Rockville with anything but fun. Rockville ROCKS!

Lol. No.

Maybe we're considering different Rockvilles.

Ok. But i grew up in that area. Rockville has never been more than a business corridor. I went back a few years ago and the local govt had only *just* relaxed their buttholes to allow taprooms and bottle shop bars. Like a decade behind the times, and still beholden to being "run" by the county.

2022-05-22 2:19:57 AM

I've never associated Rockville with anything but fun. Rockville ROCKS!

Lol. No.

Maybe we're considering different Rockvilles.

The mountain bike trails are unparalleled in Rockville. I've left skin and blood in that place and rode out with a smile on my face.

2022-05-22 2:23:54 AM

I've never associated Rockville with anything but fun. Rockville ROCKS!

Lol. No.

Maybe we're considering different Rockvilles.

And that doesn't sound like Rockville in Sacramento Valley near Davis CA. College towns know how to rock and roll.

2022-05-22 2:28:30 AM

/Now in Cali

2022-05-22 2:30:40 AM

/Now in Cali

How do you like living in Colombia?

2022-05-22 2:31:31 AM

TwowheelinTim: Murflette: TwowheelinTim: Murflette: TwowheelinTim: blackminded: I'm not there anymore but you kids have fun. Though I never associated Rockville with fun.

I've never associated Rockville with anything but fun. Rockville ROCKS!

Lol. No.

Maybe we're considering different Rockvilles.

That is antithetical to literally every mtbker ive known to review the area. Rville is boring and has poor trail markings

2022-05-22 2:32:03 AM

I've never associated Rockville with anything but fun. Rockville ROCKS!

Lol. No.

Maybe we're considering different Rockvilles.

We're talking about rockville MD

2022-05-22 2:40:53 AM
Go Terps!

/FTFM
//Yes, was in town for the basketball championship
///Most glorious Duke suckage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2UUyAzKLMg

2022-05-22 2:41:38 AM

TwowheelinTim: seelorq: Oh, the nostalgias...spent many years in College Park in grad school. And I still miss it. Have fun, Beltway-adjacent Farkers.

/Now in Cali

How do you like living in Colombia?

Cute!

2022-05-22 3:25:20 AM

2022-05-22 3:42:38 AM

2022-05-22 5:42:31 AM

This. I Iive in Arlington, and do my best to avoid anything that close to the ICC.

2022-05-22 5:45:57 AM

What about Tyson's Corner?

It's got a pile of decent restaurants, metro access (the silver line), and it's right off 495 for folks coming in from out of town.

2022-05-22 5:49:12 AM

What about Tyson's Corner?

(Though,truth be told, Rockville does have metro access via the Red Line. I see a Rockville Town Center that is right next to the station.)

2022-05-22 6:07:22 AM

Evil Twin Skippy: Evil Twin Skippy: Warthog: ViolentEastCoastCity: How about we meet in DC?  We have DC area farkers in both MD AND VA so it would be hella inconvenient for one of those groups unless we meet in the middle.  The beltway is a pain in the ass.

What about Tyson's Corner?

Gramma needs insulin

2022-05-22 6:16:40 AM

What about Tyson's Corner?

I would be much happier about Tyson's Corner.

Still unlikely to attend.

But the location I'd be skipping would be convenient.

2022-05-22 6:16:53 AM
I'm in Annapolis, so probably not going to pay for that Uber ride after I get trashed in Rockville.  But you know, put me in the maybe column.

2022-05-22 6:39:27 AM

foo monkey: aerojockey: Oh come on.  Who the hell good lives in Maryland.

[Fark user image 480x637]

My house was on the other side of that bridge, a road called Capital View. It took them over 20 years to redeck that one bridge. Had a house down by the boys club then one backing to the beltway (strange things happened next to the beltway.)

We still have a house in Woodmoor/4 corners. It would be nice to see some farkers. I spend most my time on our boat on the bay (South River) it is an amazing place crabs rockfish and billies-2-the-bone people do actually play banjos down here it's quite common.

Oh went for crabs yesterday at Skippers in Deale. 140/dz Monsters. That's over 11 bucks a crab. I plan just to handline off the boat this year, its a fun way to spend the day a trot line is even better.

If anyone eats German food there is the one place called the Old Stein, people fly in to go there. As they have Silvy the accordion player. My son has a store in Wheaton that sells old toys and card games (MtG).

2022-05-22 7:00:46 AM

maxheck: Yeah, but then there's the REST of us farkers / farkettes who live in the region.

What I came to say. After decades in DC, we're now outside Harper's Ferry. Am I allowed to come...err, attend?

2022-05-22 7:09:32 AM

Ew - by choice?

2022-05-22 7:36:30 AM
Nope.
I certainly don't mean to diminish any of the wonderful craft Brewers in the DC area, but my choice would be for us all to meet at the following location in Baltimore (I know, right?)

Located in baltimore, DUCKPIN ALE is one of the best beers I've ever drank in my entire life, has a real good buzz to it - just the right amount of hops and extremely drinkable, (perhaps too much so for Drew if you get my drift)

Easy access via US 95 or US 70 to Baltimore US 83 and only 20 minutes from Baltimore Sky Harbor airport

2022-05-22 7:40:27 AM

Number7: Nope.

Made in Baltimore, DUCKPIN ALE is one of the best beers I've ever drank in my entire life, has a real good buzz to it - just the right amount of hops and extremely drinkable, (perhaps too much so for Drew if you get my drift)

I might also add the Baltimore has many EXCELLENT microbreweries along with a major production plant of Guinness USA

There's so much craft brew here in Baltimore we are all drunk all the time, and the traffic as bad as it is is still better than driving around DC, LOL!

2022-05-22 7:49:46 AM
I read that as a 600/1500 meetup.
Stupid Roman numerals.

Boe [OhFark]
2022-05-22 7:57:39 AM

This!

/VA farker

2022-05-22 8:03:08 AM
Just here to contribute to the negative opinions on Rockville

2022-05-22 8:05:16 AM
Someone post that Reddit Storage Locker meet up pic so everyone on the fence can get an idea what it might be like to attend a Fark party.

2022-05-22 8:07:36 AM
R E M - Don't Go Back To Rockville
Youtube 6fXCjSgItgw

2022-05-22 8:21:09 AM

I've never associated Rockville with anything but fun. Rockville ROCKS!

Lol. No.

Maybe we're considering different Rockvilles.

Me too but fortunately there was a sale so I'd stocked up.

/Laurel

2022-05-22 8:35:22 AM

foo monkey: aerojockey: Oh come on.  Who the hell good lives in Maryland.

[Fark user image image 480x637]

I JUST took the tour of the DC temple last night.

I've also never heard of this brewery, which is kind of a mystery considering I've been to almost every other brewery around. Idk, are you folks nice and ad awkward as me? I've never been to a Fark meet up before. This sounds like a good idea though.

2022-05-22 8:45:08 AM

Warthog: Evil Twin Skippy: Warthog: ViolentEastCoastCity: How about we meet in DC?  We have DC area farkers in both MD AND VA so it would be hella inconvenient for one of those groups unless we meet in the middle.  The beltway is a pain in the ass.

What about Tyson's Corner?

I would be much happier about Tyson's Corner.

Still unlikely to attend.

But the location I'd be skipping would be convenient.

I'd definitely be in for Tyson's area

2022-05-22 8:52:03 AM
Also, True Respite are the folks who created Biermi, which enabled local breweries to offer delivery and online ordering early in the pandemic. For that, they've earned my forever business.

2022-05-22 8:55:02 AM
It's only 2 hours away but I don't drink and really don't do social stuff. Have fun though.

2022-05-22 9:07:12 AM
Shout out to anyone who attended the  10th anniversary party at the Black Rooster in '09.

2022-05-22 9:12:26 AM
What about Comet in Chevy Chase? I hear they have a large basement for entertaining groups of people. Kid friendly too!

/Not from DC, just visiting my brother who lives in CCDC

2022-05-22 9:34:22 AM
As people can't seem to agree on a location, I propose that we have multiple simultaneous parties, spread between MD, DC, and VA.  Maybe Delaware and southern PA, too.

And we should make it convenient for anyone who plans on getting really drunk, and within stumbling distance of our beds.

So someone pick a day, and we can all stay home and drink, and pretend we're being social.

2022-05-22 9:49:05 AM
The last time we had a DC Fark party, a black guy became President, like the next day!

2022-05-22 9:57:52 AM
Gas is just too darn expensive for me to drive out that far for a few beers, but I'll be getting (legally) stoned in northeast Baltimore and my door's always open, metaphorically speaking.

2022-05-22 10:23:16 AM

The beltway sucks for sure but it is easier to get from VA to Rockville than it is to get to DC just might take an extra 20 min past the American Legion Bridge bridge.

2022-05-22 11:21:22 AM