Skip to content

Host: Zygar
Description: April 2nd: 49th birthday party in Robinsonville, MS for a Farker who should have died from what John Ritter did. Never met any other Farkers but would love to
Date/Time: April 2, 2019 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Don't expect anyone will show up, but then again it's 3 years past how long I was supposed to live.

Meet at: Hollywood Casino Robinsonville, MS
1150 Casino Strip Resort Blvd, Robinsonville, MS 38664, USA
(open map in new window)

3801 clicks; posted to Main » on 02 Apr 2019 at 8:59 AM (3 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Newest | Show all

2019-03-17 12:46:58 AM
Thing is, are you sure.

2019-03-17 12:49:01 AM
didn't his aorta blow?  submitter is lucky

2019-03-17 12:50:35 AM
Well if I die before then no apologies...

2019-03-17 12:51:56 AM
He starred in a movie where glow in the dark condoms were featured, and it made me laugh. And I am distantly related to the guy.

2019-03-17 12:52:02 AM

2019-03-17 12:52:38 AM
I've never met another Farker and things are going surprisingliy well.

2019-03-17 12:53:18 AM

sinko swimo: that's really nice of you subby. most of these humps are scared someone will track them down and terrorize them via Secret Santa. you need help getting rid of the bodies you know where i am, just shout.

The devil is in the details.

2019-03-17 12:54:45 AM
I had to read that about four times before I figured out that John Ritter didn't nearly kill a farker.

2019-03-17 12:54:50 AM
This sounds interesting. How far is it from Florida to Arkansas.

Will a house land on me in a tornado?

2019-03-17 12:57:17 AM

feckingmorons: This sounds interesting. How far is it from Florida to Arkansas.

Will a house land on me in a tornado?

Why would you tempt fate like that?

2019-03-17 12:58:27 AM

libranoelrose: feckingmorons: This sounds interesting. How far is it from Florida to Arkansas.

Will a house land on me in a tornado?

Why would you tempt fate like that?

Arkansas is kansas for pirates.

2019-03-17 01:00:10 AM
Woo-hoo! I outlived John Ritter!

433 [TotalFark] [BareFark]
2019-03-17 01:00:22 AM
I'd like to come and celebrate life a bit, Zygar, but it's not in the cards for me for some time to travel.  I hope a good time is had!  Happy Birthday, mister :)

2019-03-17 01:03:43 AM
Which Farker died?

2019-03-17 01:03:55 AM

libranoelrose: I've never met another Farker and things are going surprisingliy well.

Ditto.

oh wait. I did meet another Farker. A TFette. She moved out here to date me for 6 months. It ended badly. So uh.....let that be a lesson to all of you.

2019-03-17 01:04:50 AM

Lenny_da_Hog: Woo-hoo! I outlived John Ritter!

umm, lenny, he's been dead since 2003

2019-03-17 01:05:06 AM

2019-03-17 01:06:00 AM
The Black Crowes - Remedy (Official Video)
Youtube BYyRLTveFJQ

2019-03-17 01:07:54 AM

Zygar: Had AAA

Alcoholics Anonymous of Arkansas?

/glad you're ok!!

2019-03-17 01:09:14 AM
ascending aortic aneurysm?

2019-03-17 01:09:23 AM
I would love to come and celebrate your non death with you, but I'm exhausted from dealing with my best friends 26-year-old daughter (she was just sent home from Sloane Kettering after a year of cancer treatments with no chance of survival). That and I live on the East Coast.

/just put my husky in the back of the SUV after she had three seizures  in a row  and my wife is now driving her to the animal  hospital:(
//this will not be a good Sunday

2019-03-17 01:09:53 AM

Barnacles!: Zygar: Had AAA

Alcoholics Anonymous of Arkansas?

/glad you're ok!!

AA was before I died, now I just pretend to be a real Farker, lol

2019-03-17 01:10:02 AM
Why is this green?

A GPS location?

2019-03-17 01:10:29 AM

wearsmanyhats: ascending aortic aneurysm?

Yup

2019-03-17 01:13:11 AM
That phrasing makes me think that you would like to get revenge on John Ritter for what he did, seeing as it almost killed you, but he's already dead. But I guess we could desecrate his grave for you. But whatever he did, at least gain solace in the fact that Mr. Roper thought he was gay.

2019-03-17 01:14:15 AM
does my tie look straight?

2019-03-17 01:14:33 AM

Zygar: Barnacles!: Zygar: Had AAA

Alcoholics Anonymous of Arkansas?

/glad you're ok!!

AA was before I died, now I just pretend to be a real Farker, lol

Did you have your chest sawed in half?

2019-03-17 01:15:23 AM

whatshisname: Zygar: Barnacles!: Zygar: Had AAA

Alcoholics Anonymous of Arkansas?

/glad you're ok!!

AA was before I died, now I just pretend to be a real Farker, lol

Did you have your chest sawed in half?

Yup

2019-03-17 01:19:41 AM
Happy Birthday fellow 1970 child, I shall raise a beer to you for your birthday.

2019-03-17 01:21:27 AM
There's a Farker on my favorites list who has a nylon tube where his abdominal aorta used to be. He continues to live a depraved, thoughtful, hilarious life. Let that be an inspiration to you, Subby, and many happy returns of the day.

2019-03-17 01:24:47 AM

My husband just celebrated his 50th and survived the same event (aortic dissection/aneurysm) And open heart surgery back in 2016. Congratulations on making it through. he's doing great and he's incredibly lucky.

2019-03-17 01:25:34 AM
Mine is GoreTex =)

2019-03-17 01:26:54 AM

DO NOT WANT Poster Girl: Zygar: REALLY short history of what happened: Had AAA, took 6 hours to get go surgery, got "paddled" twice to bring me back, had tube in my throat and couldn't talk and was in intensive care for almost 3 months. Over it now, but as I was recovering my ex-fiancee read fark article headlines tome and the articles themselves when I nodded

That's awesome!

2019-03-17 01:34:50 AM

2019-03-17 01:36:04 AM
Sure, John Ritter is good, but he's no Josh Ritter.
Also, my grandma had a AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm) and was written up and the oldest person to successfully have a certain procedure done. She lived a good long while after, despite her many complications, and I wish you the same!

2019-03-17 01:40:53 AM

2019-03-17 01:43:14 AM

turbidette: Sure, John Ritter is good, but he's no Josh Ritter.

Mine was

What is an ascending aortic aneurysm?
The aorta is the largest blood vessel in the body. It leaves the heart and forms an arch.
The arch's downward portion, called the descending aorta, is connected to a network of arteries that supplies most of the body with oxygen-rich blood. The upward part of the arch, which is the section closest to the heart, is called the ascending aorta.
The part of the aorta in the chest is called the thoracic aorta. The portion further down in your trunk is called the abdominal aorta.
An aneurysm is a bulge that forms in the wall of an artery. It happens when the artery wall weakens. Aneurysms anywhere in the body are dangerous because they can rupture and cause massive internal bleeding. An ascending aortic aneurysm is especially serious. A rupture in this part of the body can be life-threatening.
i0.wp.comView Full Size
i0.wp.comView Full Size

2019-03-17 01:49:41 AM

Long road trip from Athens, GA for a random Tuesday night. Wish I could make it, but have fun either way.

2019-03-17 01:50:11 AM
About to schedule that transesophageal echocardiogram boooyyyeee!
Good on ya kid. See you on the other side. The other side of FIFTY!

/also 49

2019-03-17 01:55:08 AM

wearsmanyhats: Lenny_da_Hog: Woo-hoo! I outlived John Ritter!

umm, lenny, he's been dead since 2003

Shh. The only joy I have left is counting the celebrities that I outlived. Like Luke Perry. I just didn't know Ritter was dead already.

2019-03-17 02:00:00 AM

Talondel: For no rational reason, I live in constant fear of aortic dissection. I didn't even know it was survivable. So thanks, subby.

Not to make you any more paranoid but my husbands symptoms were weird. Numbness/tingling in his left arm and cheek when he woke up he ascribed to sleeping wrong. Then increasing sciatic pain down his right leg with no history of back trouble later that morning whenever he tried to walk more then a few feet. We got him to the hospital for a bad back that night, they listened to me about the numb cheek that morning and said there is no pinch point in the neck for the face...that's brain. ER doc put it all together and got him a scan and saw the AAA said you're going to get open heart surgery now. Six hours later he has a new valve and a Dacron ascending aorta. But he still has a dissection all the way down his aorta into his leg that has to be monitored.

Unexplained back pain should be checked out. Even if it's weird and lower body like his.

2019-03-17 02:00:03 AM

Zygar: And don't worry about having to come to Arkansas...if you look closely it's in Mississippi, the only state that ranks lowest in pretty much everything/

Wait, they've moved Arkansas to Mississippi. Heck I need the chef diagram to find Kentucky.

img.fark.netView Full Size

2019-03-17 02:44:31 AM
Zygar:

Hey there! Can't make it for your birthday as I'm fairly far away, but I will be celebrating my own 49th on the same day. :)

2019-03-17 03:15:15 AM

JAGChem82: Damn, too bad you're having it on a weekday, I'd love to get a chance to come back near my undergrad stomping grounds (Univ. Memphis 2002) to visit.

Hey, I'm in the Augusta area.

2019-03-17 04:41:38 AM
My dad had the same surgery in 2001 or so.   I don't recall the exact year now, but that was his first.  He's had two more replaced since, but they were monitoring those so they weren't as dangerous. He's still kicking at 83 having had multiple other surgeries for other issues.

It took 5 heart specialists to catch it.  The first four said he was fine and there was nothing wrong, but he didn't feel right.  The fifth drew a picture of what it would look like and sure enough, he was dead on.  Afterwards, we asked why he described it as classic symptoms when the other doctors all said nothing was wrong.  His response was a simple "They normally diagnose this in the autopsy." So most doctors would rule it out if you were there talking about it.

2019-03-17 08:51:26 AM

As a CT MRI tech who has done hundreds of scans on AAA's, I just like to say that that is awesome. I'm in North Central Montana, but I'll be there in spirit!!!

2019-03-17 08:53:51 AM

Zygar: wearsmanyhats: ascending aortic aneurysm?

Yup

Now I'm confused... AAA is an acronym for abdominal aortic aneurysm... Was your aneurysm in your belly, or in your chest? If you had a aneurysm blow in your chest, and you survived, you are among a very small, tiny percentage of people... Abdominal aneurysms are much less nefarious and Sinister, more easily diagnosed and treated. So which is it, man??? Inquiring-minds-want-to-know??

2019-03-17 08:55:42 AM

turbidette: Sure, John Ritter is good, but he's no Josh Ritter.

That's pretty cool, do you have a link to those medical articles? I actually think I saw those years ago...

2019-03-17 09:44:12 AM

2019-03-17 09:45:37 AM

aungen: I just want to note:  I live in Michigan and this is 700 miles from me.  Did we suddenly become Texas?

Whew. Okay, Not MI. I read that wrong, lol

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Newest | Show all

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.