Skip to content

Host: Puffy McBooze
Description: Eugene, Oregon: Come join us for a beer and watch/discuss some Cohen testimony, Friday, February 8th
Date/Time: February 8, 2019 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: I posted it for 7:00 mainly because I need a little time to get home and feed and walk my dog before going out. Hopefully it's not too late, or early for you all. Good food and many selections for whatever you like to drink.

Meet at: The Bier Stein
1591 Willamette St, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
(open map in new window)

3152 clicks; posted to Main » on 08 Feb 2019 at 10:59 AM (10 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Newest | Show all

2019-01-20 09:08:50 PM

2019-01-20 09:10:53 PM
Wish I still lived in Eugene. :(

2019-01-20 09:11:33 PM
I thought he was testifying on the 7th? Are you planning on taping it so you can watch it the next day?

2019-01-20 09:29:40 PM
Move it to Bend, and I'll see about making the trip.

2019-01-20 09:38:21 PM
Count me in.

2019-01-20 09:44:37 PM
McMinnville's a bit far for that drive.

2019-01-20 09:45:04 PM

I love that place.

I'll try and make it to the Beer Stein, at least for a little bit.

I have honestly never been.

2019-01-20 09:49:06 PM

Chabash: McMinnville's a bit far for that drive.

I knew of a tigard farker. Didnt know I had a mcminnville farker so close.

/dundee

2019-01-20 09:55:48 PM
Even though I don't drink I'd come, but unfortunately I won't be able to as I'm moving to Cottage Grove on January 26th. If you're local you know how seldom buses run between Cottage Grove and Eugene, and it gets even worse starting February 2nd.

2019-01-20 10:05:00 PM
With Suzanne? In Manhattan? Till closing time?

2019-01-20 10:15:42 PM
I'll wave from work while enjoying the Cohen thread

2019-01-20 10:19:22 PM

TheSwizz: Chabash: McMinnville's a bit far for that drive.

I knew of a tigard farker. Didnt know I had a mcminnville farker so close.

/dundee

I drive past every day. God bless the bypass.

2019-01-20 10:20:50 PM
Let's talk about nfl and the big market slant.

2019-01-20 10:21:34 PM

2019-01-20 10:32:42 PM
Huh really?! Coincidentally  I have Eugene Levy tied up in the back seat for his terrible voice acting in Curious George.

2019-01-20 10:34:54 PM
I'll be busy in Portland that day. Wish I could make it. Maybe I can figure it out, but getting and staying there isn't that cheap.

2019-01-20 10:40:28 PM
Live in Albany and will try to make it.

2019-01-20 10:45:42 PM

bagfed: Let's talk about nfl and the big market slant.

But the NFL hates the Pats...

*eyes roll out of head and explode on the floor*

2019-01-20 10:49:51 PM
I'd like to discuss why they named a town after a Jeep.

img.fark.netView Full Size

2019-01-20 10:53:29 PM
Working until midnight.

2019-01-20 10:54:24 PM

I can't even imagine what kind of work there'd be in Eugene. Is it a Black Bloc get together?

2019-01-20 11:01:30 PM
Man, if I still lived in Olympia, WA, I'd be all over that.

/in St Louis now.
//don't have cash to fly out there.

2019-01-20 11:03:37 PM
Hell of a drive from FoPo..

2019-01-20 11:10:59 PM
Rudy would say Trump is the devil incarnate but so what?

2019-01-20 11:13:09 PM
I'm only 4 hours away, but car is in shop for now, otherwise it might be worth the trip. I wonder if there are enough farkers in the Mt. Shasta area to have Fark Party.

2019-01-20 11:15:39 PM

meat0918: detonator: I'll probably be working until 10:30, but I'll swing by there. If no ones there I'm heading to the pint pot

I love that place.

I'll try and make it to the Beer Stein, at least for a little bit.

I have honestly never been.

I've probably seen you at the pint pot then; I go there a lot as it's about the closest thing we have here to a "real" Irish pub. WAAAAY better than mcshane's, and the other places like O'donne Or Mulligans think Tim McGraw is Irish music.
The beer stein is like a bottled beer supermarket. You can get pretty much any kind of beer there ( hard to find foreign stuff), and the beer garden on 6th street is a mini version of that.
I'd also vote for the vets club or max's But both of those places probably have cover charges at  that time.

2019-01-20 11:21:21 PM
img.fark.netView Full Size
You can't handle the girth.

2019-01-20 11:26:49 PM
I'll be available for it, but that is going to be a very loud, crowded venue.

2019-01-20 11:30:34 PM

TheSwizz: Chabash: McMinnville's a bit far for that drive.

I knew of a tigard farker. Didnt know I had a mcminnville farker so close.

/dundee

Salem here.

Yeah, a bit far after a 10 hour day. But it sounds like fun.

2019-01-20 11:38:53 PM

MBooda: I'd like to discuss why they named a town after a Jeep.

[img.fark.net image 600x600]

Cause CJ-5 was already taken?

2019-01-20 11:41:40 PM

MBooda: I'd like to discuss why they named a town after a Jeep.

[img.fark.net image 600x600]

img.fark.netView Full Size

Eugene Skinner frowns on your tomfoolery. :D

2019-01-20 11:48:44 PM

img.fark.netView Full Size

img.fark.netView Full Size

img.fark.netView Full Size

2019-01-20 11:52:26 PM
I took all three pics in Eugene.

2019-01-21 12:00:27 AM
I think I went to the beer Stein during a Music Ed conference a few years back. The conference is in Portland this year.

2019-01-21 12:05:27 AM

Bathia_Mapes: MBooda: I'd like to discuss why they named a town after a Jeep.

[img.fark.net image 600x600]

[img.fark.net image 850x637]
Eugene Skinner frowns on your tomfoolery. :D

Skin-NEEEEER

2019-01-21 12:06:29 AM

[img.fark.net image 850x637]

[img.fark.net image 850x637]

[img.fark.net image 850x640]

Yeah but did you have a Bacon Maple Bar?

Voodoo is way better than Bayside Bakery in NB. At least re: bacon maple bar.

2019-01-21 12:26:16 AM
Sufjan Stevens, 'Eugene' (Official Audio)
Youtube mMKP2Vcc6wA

2019-01-21 12:37:06 AM
Hmmmmmm, maybe. Sounds fun.

2019-01-21 12:38:35 AM
Wish I could make it. I'll try. West Linn isn't that far. Just need a viable excuse to be out of the office that day.

2019-01-21 12:45:27 AM

[img.fark.net image 850x637]

[img.fark.net image 850x637]

[img.fark.net image 850x640]

Yeah but did you have a Bacon Maple Bar?

Voodoo is way better than Bayside Bakery in NB. At least re: bacon maple bar.

Voodoo is good, but Dizzy Dean's is better, even if they don't have bacon maple bars.

2019-01-21 12:49:37 AM

AverageAmericanGuy: D_PaulAngel: I'm in Tualatin, but am currently slated to be in Eugene for work that week, so just might be able to make it!

Even worse- the Courts are still open.

2019-01-21 12:52:19 AM

Bathia_Mapes: MBooda: I'd like to discuss why they named a town after a Jeep.

[img.fark.net image 600x600]

[img.fark.net image 850x637]
Eugene Skinner frowns on your tomfoolery. :D

img.fark.netView Full Size

2019-01-21 12:52:57 AM
Eugene. Cougar Hot springs. I lived just outside of Nimrod.

/heh
//good times
///3

2019-01-21 12:54:06 AM

MBooda: I'd like to discuss why they named a town after a Jeep.

[img.fark.net image 600x600]

Heres one; why does that character have lop-sided titties for a hand? Discuss.

2019-01-21 01:04:17 AM
Used to live in Eugene back in '86, out near west 11th near Fred Meyers...loved the rain, too bad the economy was depressed ...lotta loggers outta work...beautiful town.

2019-01-21 01:06:46 AM

Non Sequitur Man: Eugene. Cougar Hot springs. I lived just outside of Nimrod.

/heh
//good times
///3

My sis lived in Nimrod. Nothing there now. The gas station/store is locked up.
Last time there it was anyway.

2019-01-21 01:12:14 AM

/heh
//good times
///3

My sis lived in Nimrod. Nothing there now. The gas station/store is locked up.
Last time there it was anyway.

There was only a post office when I lived nearby. No store. It was approximately 30 years ago.

2019-01-21 01:28:46 AM

Alaskan Yoda: Wish I still lived in Eugene. :(

Same here.  ( I'm in the eastern part of Multnomah County. I miss being comfortable riding my bicycle everywhere)

2019-01-21 01:34:39 AM

Bathia_Mapes: puffy999: Kirablue42: Yeah, I think his testimony is on the 7th, but if it's riveting enough, maybe there will still be news about it going on, who knows..anyway, I'm in. I need to get a car for a week, and will get it from the 8 to the 15th, so that would work for me to be mobile at that time. I'm in Coos Bay, which is about three hours away, so might just get a cheap room and stay the night.  I'm up for meeting some farkers.  And it will give me an opportunity to take new pics.

[img.fark.net image 850x637]

[img.fark.net image 850x637]

[img.fark.net image 850x640]

Yeah but did you have a Bacon Maple Bar?

Voodoo is way better than Bayside Bakery in NB. At least re: bacon maple bar.

Dizzy's had bacon maple bars today when I went in.

2019-01-21 01:36:20 AM

Non Sequitur Man: Pugdaddyk: Non Sequitur Man: Eugene. Cougar Hot springs. I lived just outside of Nimrod.

/heh
//good times
///3

My sis lived in Nimrod. Nothing there now. The gas station/store is locked up.
Last time there it was anyway.

About 3 years ago I went through there. Pretty desolate. All of those little logging towns between Springfield and Sisters are pretty much dried up. I used to love driving up the McKenzie and stop in a little town to get something to eat and now there's nothing anywhere.

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Newest | Show all

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.