Skip to content

Host: DisseminationMonkey
Description: Hop-Con 6.0 Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout release party in beautiful San Diego, California
Date/Time: July 19, 2018 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Tickets are on sale now for Hop-Con 6.0. The link for information about the event and ticket sales in the Boobies. Eat some food, drink some dranks, say hi to Drew, and make sure you have a ride home because that w00tstout is strong.

Meet at: Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station
2816 Historic Decatur Rd, San Diego, CA 92106, USA
(open map in new window)

4689 clicks; posted to Main » on 19 Jul 2018 at 10:59 AM (16 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all

2018-06-11 04:13:55 PM

2018-06-11 04:50:10 PM
Bookmark.

Actually going to try and attend this year.

2018-06-11 04:52:22 PM
Woot Stout.

2018-06-11 04:55:41 PM
I've got a vertical of the last 3 years of WootStout aging in my basement.

2018-06-11 04:58:17 PM
I want Weaton to be my Dungeon Master. I'm a man of simple dreams

2018-06-11 05:04:06 PM
Man, that would be a nice Fark party to make it to. Loves me some Stone brewing beer, and managed to get some W00tstout with the first run of it. Some good beer.

Have one for me anyone who attends.

Do we have to attend to get boobie tickets? Or are those available/redeemable anywhere in the country, and if so, with whom?

/envious
//fun with filter ownage
///third slashie is enjoying a Southern Tier IPA

2018-06-11 05:06:08 PM

2018-06-11 05:10:12 PM

From what I've heard it improves over time.

2018-06-11 05:14:51 PM

I definitely felt there was a bad batch - I got multiple over the course of months. They usually have it at CostCo in San Diego, and I think the bottles I bought from the first pallet tasted a bit 'hot'.

2018-06-11 05:16:00 PM

2018-06-11 05:19:20 PM
Why is there a Wheaton tag if we aren't going to use it?

2018-06-11 05:21:05 PM

This was a number of years ago. I saw it on the shelf and I was like "Oh hey, it's Drew's beer! I gotta get that!"

Then I tried it, and my reaction was "this...is not good."

2018-06-11 05:25:18 PM
Dammit...my brother just moved to Seattle :(

Yet another Hop Con I'll never be able to attend.

2018-06-11 06:11:32 PM
Chances are July 19th will be a scorcher in San Diego.

Not sure I'd be in the mood for a stout.

2018-06-11 06:25:28 PM
IPAs are for degenerates and ineffectual people.

2018-06-11 06:28:04 PM

The Lurker at Your Threshold: IPAs are for degenerates and ineffectual people.

I dunno, they/we appear to be successful at getting you to complain about it.

2018-06-11 06:37:46 PM

KangTheMad: Enigmamf: KangTheMad: I don't know if I got a bad batch, but the one W00tstout I had was...kinda underwhelming.

Then I tried it, and my reaction was "this...is not good."

If you outright didn't like it, I expect you probably won't like any in the series - there's variation, but they are very similar in the broad strokes.

But that's why there are hundreds of styles of beer! No beer will be liked by everyone.

2018-06-11 06:40:27 PM

SuburbanCowboy: I've got a vertical of the last 3 years of WootStout aging in my basement.

I've got 3 complete verticals going back to version 1.0.

/I might have a problem...

2018-06-11 06:41:14 PM
Bookmark. Going home for that weekend might be a nice diversion.

2018-06-11 07:38:09 PM

WriteInCandidate: Why is there a Wheaton tag if we aren't going to use it?

The Fark Party tag generates the proper format (Host, description, date/time, etc.) so all the necessary info is included. The Wheaton tag doesn't do that.

2018-06-11 07:47:55 PM
For all those who are going please give Wheaton a big hug (if he lets you) for his article about anxiety and depression. He's very brave to share that to the world, and as a fan (and as a person that also struggles with anxiety) I want to let him know I appreciate it very much.

And tell him not to kill himself. Kthxbye.

2018-06-11 08:22:20 PM

I dunno, they/we appear to be successful at getting you to complain about it.

I'm not complaining, I'm delivering a message from God.

2018-06-11 08:22:34 PM

kiwimoogle84: I wish I could go but I just used up all my pto taking tomorrow off, two days for my birthday, and Christmas.

Bummer, I'd have liked to hang out :-/

2018-06-11 08:51:04 PM
That smell burning tires and week old baby diapers is just my jealousy of all who are going.

2018-06-11 08:55:51 PM

WriteInCandidate: Why is there a Wheaton tag if we aren't going to use it?

Probably because he won't be there (like last year).

I've been to the last 4 HopCons and last year was a big disappointment from the previous interations. No bands, no chats from Drew or Greg or Wil or Aisha. In fact, I don't even think they were there...
Frankly it was rather boring; the food was good though.

On the other hand HessFest 8 this past Sunday was fantastic, 25 breweries with at least 2 beers each and unlimited tastings, food samples, bands throughout the event. And it was half the price of HopCon.

I'm hoping this year's HopCon gets back to form!

See you Farkers there!

2018-06-11 08:57:46 PM
img.fark.netView Full Size

I'll take it then that you'll not be drinking the Wheaton w00tstout Captain?

2018-06-11 09:26:50 PM

Bathia_Mapes: KangTheMad: I don't know if I got a bad batch, but the one W00tstout I had was...kinda underwhelming.

From what I've heard it improves over time.

Mix it with Mountain Dew.

2018-06-11 10:22:23 PM
Would Drew be willing to provide transportation for Kentucky based Farkers? We should host our own in Lexington once kegs are released.

2018-06-11 11:45:02 PM

The Lurker at Your Threshold: whidbey: The Lurker at Your Threshold: IPAs are for degenerates and ineffectual people.

I dunno, they/we appear to be successful at getting you to complain about it.

I'm not complaining, I'm delivering a message from God.

No prophet ever had an easy life.

2018-06-12 12:27:54 AM
That was so non-inclusive I may have to have a 40 tonight ...

2018-06-13 12:16:30 PM
That's my birthday. Someone should send me some of that beer as a gift

2018-06-13 11:36:36 PM
Any word on distribution this year? Hope to see some make it to this side of the country.

2018-06-15 09:09:01 PM
Welp, I put in my order for Wootstout at the local specialty liquors shop. I just hope we can get some in again, like a few years ago.

2018-06-19 11:00:53 PM
Heard it tastes like a whale's vagina

2018-06-19 11:01:24 PM
I bought some a while back at Whole Paycheck. Maybe they'll carry it again...

2018-06-19 11:21:34 PM

Anayalator: Heard it tastes like a whale's vagina

Sperm?

2018-06-19 11:39:44 PM

cyberspacedout: Anayalator: Heard it tastes like a whale's vagina

Sperm?

No, Humpback.

2018-06-19 11:39:54 PM

whidbey: Chances are July 19th will be a scorcher in San Diego.

Not sure I'd be in the mood for a stout.

Expected high is 80 degrees, i think we won't melt

2018-06-20 12:08:51 AM

They were tasty but seems like they came out early.

2018-06-20 12:39:27 AM
Cool whip.

2018-06-20 12:10:57 PM

Amish Tech Support: I want Weaton to be my Dungeon Master. I'm a man of simple dreams

Fark is not your personal erotica site.

2018-06-30 10:50:16 PM

Snotnose: For you Sandy Eggins, last Thursday I picked up a few bottles at the Grocery Outlet in Santee (right next to the BevMo).

They were tasty but seems like they came out early.

Those were probably last year's.

Last year:
img.fark.netView Full Size

This year:
img.fark.netView Full Size

2018-06-30 11:28:19 PM
Yeah, how about no.  Think I'm stupid?

(compares bottles)

Aww hell no.

/ means I can still look forward to this year's version
// shoulda made a bulk offer to GO to buy all they had
/// Actually did that 5-6 years ago for Russian Imperial Stout.  Got 2 cases at I'm guessing wholesale.
//// A year after it came out.

2018-07-05 11:04:30 PM
San Diego in July?

img.fark.netView Full Size

/this is fine
//brew up some snowbird ale
///in November, please
////enjoy the slashies

2018-07-05 11:11:13 PM

Snotnose: Yeah, how about no.  Think I'm stupid?

(compares bottles)

Aww hell no.

/ means I can still look forward to this year's version
// shoulda made a bulk offer to GO to buy all they had
//// A year after it came out.

I got some of this recently, I really liked it!
thefullpint.comView Full Size

2018-07-06 02:02:00 AM
I was born there and now I can't even afford to visit.

/ Have fun folks.

2018-07-06 05:52:22 AM
img.fark.netView Full Size

The lead-in to my 50th birthday party a couple weeks ago...

If I went to Hop-Con, I would fully expect to see Greg, Drew and Wil in attendance. It should be part of the event, and anything less would not be acceptable, IMHO.

2018-07-11 07:33:24 PM

whidbey: Chances are July 19th will be a scorcher in San Diego.

Not sure I'd be in the mood for a stout.

fragMasterFlash: San Diego in July?

[img.fark.net image 257x361]

/this is fine
//brew up some snowbird ale
///in November, please
////enjoy the slashies

Forecast is for 76°F on the 19th, and it will cool down to the low 70's as soon as the sun sets...

2018-07-12 11:02:16 PM

cyberspacedout: Anayalator: Heard it tastes like a whale's vagina

Sperm?

Seaman

2018-07-12 11:23:29 PM
Well, I won't be making it to San Diego for this, but since I bought 4 sixers of the new 12 ouncers today - cheers to those who will be there!

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.