Skip to content

Host: Mr. Fuzzypaws
Description: 6th Annual Farks In The Wild at the Buffalo Zoo. July 18, 6pm - VIP Sold Out
Date/Time: July 18, 2018 - 06:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: The party that won't die. In three parts, like always.

Part Uno: A daytime tour of the Zoo for some Farkers starting at 12 noon and ending at 3pm. I TRY to set up something special for these but it is way early and I don't have a schedule for the summer. Either way admission to the zoo and parking is on me. First come first serve, EIP for this.

Part Uno.Five: After the tour I go across the street for some big boy beers and half price chicken wings. Just sayin'

The Main Event: Wines In The Wild. A 3 or 4 hour tasting spectacular, depending on if you go VIP or not. VIP is $100, General Admission Early Bird tickets are $45, most likely until July 1st. I would recommend VIP for sure, only 100 VIP tickets are sold and they can go quick. An hour might not seem like much but you get the fatty wine glass plus VIP SWAG from the vendors.

The Winddown: The Survivors will hit a bar after Wines, about 9:30pm, and end the day. This will be at Geckos on Hertel Ave, just about a mile from the zoo.

Meet at: Buffalo Zoo
300 Parkside Ave, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
(open map in new window)

3671 clicks; posted to Main » on 18 Jul 2018 at 6:59 AM (9 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2018-05-03 05:49:51 AM

2018-05-03 08:43:00 AM
It's seriously a Wednesday?

2018-05-03 09:28:34 AM

we'refromthesamestory: It's seriously a Wednesday?

It is always on a Wednesday, that is when the zoo schedules it.

Maybe we can do a gathering on Friday or Saturday too.

I'll definitely be there!

2018-05-03 09:50:20 AM

feckingmorons: we'refromthesamestory: It's seriously a Wednesday?

It is always on a Wednesday, that is when the zoo schedules it.

Maybe we can do a gathering on Friday or Saturday too.

I'll definitely be there!

I emailed you.

2018-05-03 11:45:14 AM
Email sent!

2018-05-03 12:26:43 PM

It is old and has pastel plumbing fixtures but it is comfortable and you can park right out in front of your room. It is also about $50 a night. Fel's Three Crown Motel.

img.fark.netView Full Size

2018-05-03 01:47:03 PM
I read that as Farking at the Buffalo Wild Wings

/which would suck. The wings I mean.

2018-05-05 09:54:17 PM
present.

2018-05-08 08:15:08 PM

feckingmorons: If anyone is traveling I know a great budget motel that I'm going to use. I uber or lyft to the zoo.

[img.fark.net image 600x380]

class!

2018-05-18 03:34:11 AM

---

I have at least 4 signed up for the daytime tour.

As of today I have enough passes to get in 10 adults and 4 kids (2-12) total. Yes, you can bring your kids on the tour. But Wines is 21+ so what you do with them after is completely up to you.

If you have come in the past before and plan to attend again please let me know. Do not assume I will 'just know.' Shoot me an email.

craigzy, I have you and Geri. fecking, you're a member, you can get yourself in.

2018-05-18 09:35:40 AM
My husband and I might be going, I'm going to talk to him this week about it and see if we can.

2018-05-18 09:58:38 AM
Where is the June 23, Chicago party going to be?

2018-05-18 01:27:17 PM

billiamaire: Where is the June 23, Chicago party going to be?

Here ya go.

2018-05-18 04:04:58 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Wines is 2 months out. I hope you saved your pennies, bought your tickets, and made your last arrangements!

---

I have at least 4 signed up for the daytime tour.

mrs craigzy has to work so she cant make the tour, but will be there later.

fuzz, if youre going to Buffalove tonight (5/18) throw me a txt.

2018-05-22 06:35:43 PM
I just booked my hotel room, the owner remembers me from the last few years. He said "I will give you very good price."

Last year his daughter was working on her calculus problems when I checked in. She should be in 5th grade this year.

2018-05-31 07:34:50 PM
VIP sold out yesterday.

I wish I could say that I could pull some strings to make more appear. Alas, I can not.

Plenty of General Admission, though.

2018-07-03 10:55:29 AM

2018-07-03 05:10:18 PM

Wines is just a subset of the Buffalo Fark Party, The Buffalonians, and those who travel to Buffalo to meet other Farkers are the real reason for the Buffalo Fark Party.

We'll sort this out. We'll have a great Buffalo Fark Party.

2018-07-04 07:09:07 PM

we'refromthesamestory: It's seriously a Wednesday?

Is it seriously Buffalo!?!?!

2018-07-04 08:19:58 PM
Where's Gorgor?

2018-07-04 10:47:51 PM

Oh no Mr. Fuzzypaws! I hope everything is alright! Hug!

I'm sorry I won't be able to go either due to money concerns :(. Maybe due an impromptu buffalo party on a weekend!

2018-07-05 08:08:34 AM

shortymac: Mr. Fuzzypaws: Due to circumstances I will be unable to attend. Please do not hesitate to continue without me. I am truly sorry.

Oh no Mr. Fuzzypaws! I hope everything is alright! Hug!

I have a similar dilemma ($) but sure would like to attend something while I'm there!
(can only get up there once a year)

2018-07-11 08:51:21 PM
Still gonna try for this. Not promising anything, though.

img.fark.netView Full Size

If I do make it you can find me here at Noon.

2018-07-11 09:23:59 PM
That's just across the street.

2018-07-17 08:14:08 AM

craigzy: present.

Still coming for the tour? I will be there at Noon sharp.

2018-07-17 05:54:47 PM
img.fark.netView Full Size

2018-07-17 06:37:19 PM
Ugh I'm not going to make it after all.  One of my clients just moved our meeting to tomorrow at 11:30, and the meeting is in Ithaca.  :( Really depressed as I've been incredibly isolated because of migraines and I was looking forward to doing something fun.  Sigh.

2018-07-17 09:06:38 PM

2018-07-17 09:42:32 PM

Yes. Wines ends at 9. Give us time.

2018-07-17 10:27:27 PM
img.fark.netView Full Size

2018-07-17 10:34:08 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: roadmarks: I'm actually going to be able to make it to buffalo in the evening tomorrow.  Is the after party at Geckos?

Yes. Wines ends at 9. Give us time.

Awesome. I'll be seeing you there.

2018-07-17 11:14:46 PM
Happy Wines, all!   Please drink my share for me.

2018-07-17 11:34:29 PM
Enjoy, all! I have a date with the BPO at Clarence Town Park.

As for the daytime stuff, it's really tough to play hooky at my place of employment, so na zdrowie!

2018-07-18 07:46:26 AM

Gecko's...downtown I take it.

2018-07-18 07:59:18 AM

Gecko's...downtown I take it.

Yep.

North Buffalo. About a mile from the Zoo.

1464 Hertel Ave

2018-07-18 08:03:58 AM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Mudd's woman: Can anyone show up to the bar? I actually have a party to attend earlier and might try to duck out and attend my first Fark-inspired soiree.

Gecko's...downtown I take it.

Yep.

North Buffalo. About a mile from the Zoo.

1464 Hertel Ave

Off Colvin. Sweet.
I would love to go. Is there a hand signal to flash to know where the Farkers are?
(Only half kidding)

2018-07-18 08:06:05 AM

Mudd's woman: Is there a hand signal to flash to know where the Farkers are?
(Only half kidding)

You'll know, trust me.

2018-07-18 08:09:26 AM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Mudd's woman: Is there a hand signal to flash to know where the Farkers are?
(Only half kidding)

You'll know, trust me.

heh heh

2018-07-18 08:51:45 AM
I'm surprised there is a buffalo zoo.Sure, they are magnificent creatures, but would it really hurt to have a few elephants and a big cat or two?

img.fark.netView Full Size

2018-07-18 10:19:16 PM
Gecko's

2018-07-19 08:35:07 AM
Final step count was 27,909. 11.2 miles.

2018-07-22 02:00:08 PM
This was very therapeutic for me. I'm glad I didn't back out.

Until next year!

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.