Host: MBK
Description: Houston Fark Party on Saturday, Feb 24th, 7:30pm CT @ Neil's Bahr
Date/Time: February 24, 2018 - 07:30 PM (local time)
Party Info: Hi friends!

I'll be visiting Houston on Feb 23rd to the 25th and thought about maybe getting a few locals together for a few drinks and some good times.

After talking it over with some people, Neil's Bahr is the place I've settled on. It is a place with beer, alcohol, and games. What more can a person ask for?

So come out and enjoy a few drinks with your fellow internet friends.

Also, I will be looking into maybe setting up a pre-party dinner somewhere at around 6 PM. If anyone has any suggestions on a place with lots of options for everyone to enjoy, those are also welcome.

Meet at: Neil's Bahr
2006 Walker St, Houston, TX 77003, USA
(open map in new window)

3623 clicks; posted to Main » on 24 Feb 2018 at 12:59 PM (20 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all

Thraeryn
Treygreen13
tumbtack
Whosits_112
Will_2679

2018-02-06 03:10:48 PM
If  Shostiegoes does that automatically make it an ass party?

2018-02-06 03:18:27 PM

2018-02-06 04:02:18 PM

CatherineM: Don't yell at me if you're included in this list and no longer live in the Houston and surrounding areas,  or if you've been excluded and your feelings are hurt because I obviously don't remember unimportant details like geography. Only stuff like who had sex with who and said that one funny thing that one time three years ago.

This is the only time I ever make lists on Fark, so I'll never tell even if I move back to Colorado some day.

2018-02-06 04:10:33 PM
a fark party i may actually be able to attend?

count me as a tentative yes.

2018-02-06 04:23:51 PM
I should be able to make it.

2018-02-06 04:25:22 PM
Wait. Forgot how this is supposed to go.

The Flying Saucer? Gawd that place sucks! Let's do it at the sh*thole bar 200 yards from my place! My hoverround doesn't have the range to make it downtown!

2018-02-06 04:35:31 PM

2018-02-06 04:49:27 PM
Remember to bold those names CatherineM.

2018-02-06 04:59:07 PM

Mirrorz: Remember to bold those names CatherineM.

Fark will only let you bold a few at a time or it reads as Spam and won't post your comment so you go back and forth between the queue and the thread wondering why the numbers are different and who has you on ignore until you're like GODDAMNIT I HAVE TO DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN

MBK [TotalFark]
2018-02-06 05:03:40 PM
Thanks Catherine. You are the bestest

2018-02-06 05:05:30 PM

CatherineM: Mirrorz: Remember to bold those names CatherineM.

WELL I DIDN'T GET A NOTIFICATION. My wife actually saw this and told me to check it out.

2018-02-06 05:26:21 PM

Mirrorz: CatherineM: Mirrorz: Remember to bold those names CatherineM.

.... YOUR WIFE IS HERE?!?! ZOMG WHERE IS SHE?!?!

I bet she's super fun and smart and creative and I really, really want to be friends with her and creep her out with my enthusiasm and surprising friendliness as much as I creep everyone else out, but not like... touching her inappropriately creepy, just regular trying too hard to be funny kinda creepy.

2018-02-06 05:27:41 PM
I'm out, there's a Basketball Tournament for Junior up in the DFW area that weekend

2018-02-06 05:28:11 PM

Shostie: Wait. Forgot how this is supposed to go.

They have hundreds of beers but their whiskey selection sucks and I don't think they have gluten-free nachos and it's so far away from where I live and I'll try to make it but we all know I won't be there.

2018-02-06 05:29:09 PM

CatherineM: Shostie: Wait. Forgot how this is supposed to go.

Shostie must live in Katy

2018-02-06 05:34:50 PM

loonatic112358: CatherineM: Shostie: Wait. Forgot how this is supposed to go.

Shostie must live in Katy

F*ck that. I'm not uppity and rich enough for Katy.

2018-02-06 05:41:43 PM

Indolent
HohDHJ
Joliebleu
Kaduh
Loonatic112358
Lordbater

I work that weekend. We need to come to Houston though. Wahhhhh Stupid History Harvest.

2018-02-06 07:33:03 PM

Thanks a bunch for the invite, but I live in SA now. :(

2018-02-06 09:09:48 PM

Harumph!

MBK [TotalFark]
2018-02-07 08:49:57 PM

NOOOOOO

It'll kill my uniqueness!

2018-02-08 10:33:49 PM
The Flying Saucer does suck... badly, but at least it's on the rail line so I can park at Fannin South
I really, really miss the Stag's Head!
/remembers the Ale House on West Alabama

2018-02-08 10:55:08 PM

Take him muddin'.

2018-02-08 10:55:46 PM

MBK [TotalFark]
2018-02-08 11:00:45 PM

Sounds good!  I have no plans and all days are open for me.  HUGS INC KAREN.

2018-02-08 11:06:59 PM

Sounds good!  I have no plans and all days are open for me.  HUGS INC KAREN.

YES! It's about a two and a half hour drive, so I'll try to leave my place by 10am or so. We can have lunch and then go do something touristy that someone else suggests because I've got nothing. :)

2018-02-10 03:17:23 PM
Would love to be there, but will be at the Houston Sabercats professional rugby match out in Sugar Land.  Kickoff at 7pm.

Pretty much anywere is better than downtown on a Saturday night, especially if the downtown spot is the Flying Saucer.

2018-02-10 03:28:22 PM
That totally won't be a super packed venue,

A rather tepid, packed, bro-tastic, venue. Enjoy.

Looking for pre-drinking eats? Try Chili's, people here love it.

2018-02-10 03:37:59 PM

K_Rock: MBK: K_Rock: I can't do saturday nights but MBKif you want to hang during the day I can haul my ass over that way for a little bit.

Sounds good!  I have no plans and all days are open for me.  HUGS INC KAREN.

Discovery Green is a good spot downtown

Or go see third planet comics

2018-02-10 03:54:06 PM

2018-02-10 07:46:09 PM
"Anywhere is better than downtown"

They're not wrong.

2018-02-10 08:38:55 PM
img.fark.netView Full Size

There's this place, kinda north central.
610/Shepard

2018-02-11 08:33:47 AM
Yeah Baby!  Drew I'm in can't wait to finally meet you old boy!

2018-02-12 07:54:01 PM
Would be fun, but unfortunately due to the nature of my job I'm never able to do Saturday stuff. Y'all have fun, and remember to snag one of the CaH sets they have.

2018-02-12 08:37:31 PM
I'd rather not humanize other farkers.

2018-02-12 08:41:03 PM
Neil's Bahr - Love that bar!

Only been there once, but it's out of the way and I don't have much bar time.

Nerd bar deluxe!

I will not be attending.  My butt is jobless at the moment.

MBK [TotalFark]
2018-02-12 09:10:43 PM
I'll be in Houston all weekend and have no idea what to do

Any suggestions on places to visit would be great!

2018-02-12 09:17:09 PM
I can drive In from Brenham... Should I bring Blue Bell? We can always pour Kahlua over the top of it...

2018-02-12 10:58:31 PM

MBK: I'll be in Houston all weekend and have no idea what to do

Any suggestions on places to visit would be great!

Museum of Natural Sciences is a world class place.
Buffalo Bayou area is friendly in the daytime and alway something going on.
Aquarium is ok.
Bellaire for all your Asian needs and wants but get out before late night.
Art District is incredible.
You can shop and ice skate indoors at the Galleria.
Enjoy. Dont drive here if you can help it.

2018-02-12 10:58:52 PM
That's the last night of Rodeo Cook-off, where I'll be trying to end the beer/liquor inventory.

2018-02-12 11:12:03 PM

theguyyousaw: "Anywhere is better than downtown"

They're not wrong.

Oh I don't know, I'm thinking if it was any neighborhood that flooded, you'd rather be in downtown then

2018-02-12 11:49:21 PM

MBK: I'll be in Houston all weekend and have no idea what to do

Any suggestions on places to visit would be great!

- NASA Space Center toward Clear Lake (quite a drive plan on all day)
- Buffalo Bayou Cistern tour - Maybe kayak tour if it isn't too cold
- Museum of Natural Science
- MFAH / CAM / Menil - Art
- Top Golf
- iFly (if you are more adventurous, Skydive Space and and actually skydive, it is a world class place)
- Galleria (if you want a touristy shopping spree all day)
- City Centre (if you want less of a touristy shopping spree)
- iPic Movie Theater (Studio Movie Grille if you are in City Centre)
- East End Hardware - EaDo Bar with snowcone mixed drinks
- Nancy's Hustle restaurant - in EaDo, make reservations or get there early
- You pretty much can't go wrong with the restaurants here. If you want a super Texasy history flair meal, go with Taste of Texas. I would recommend lunch and not wasting dinner there. Shiner Bock Steak Sandwich is ridiculous.
- Bars - there are plenty, but the Heights will probably be the most fun and has the best restaurants (White Oak area). Midtown is okay. If you let me know what environment and what you like to drink, I can give you recommendations.
- Take your picture at Armadillo palace in West U
- Watch a Rockets game at Toyota Center
- Karbach or Saint Arnolds brewery tour. Karbach has decent lunch there.
- Shoot shiat at one of our gun ranges. The shotgun range out toward Addicks Reservoir is fun.
- Grab Brunch at Ritual or Hugos. Make reservations.
- Drunk food at Katz' or House of Pies.
- Downtown basically sucks.
- Do not venture east of 45.
- Do not venture past 43rd if you end up north of 610
- Do not venture south of 610S
- Do not venture west of BW8
- Check rates on Uber and Lyft. Lyft has free promo codes a lot depending where you are or what you're doing.
- Although we have tons of awesome authentic Mexican or Tex-Mex, it is pretty hard to beat Lupe Tortillas Beef Fajitas. Ask for extra Sour Cream and for the beef to be Rare. It will cook more and be delicious when it arrives.

2018-02-13 02:45:12 AM
I'll be there after work. I usually stumble in to Neil's around 1 anyway.

Pablo will be on the deck with chicken and beef tacos, burgers, sausage, barbacoa, etc  :)

2018-02-13 12:28:33 PM

Are you actually showing up or did you just come in here to complain?

2018-02-13 04:29:53 PM
Somebody get some tent passes and take him to the Houston Rodeo BBQ Cookoff

2018-02-13 05:24:49 PM
STUPID FRIDAY AFTERNOON SHELF EXAMS.
I don't think I can drive to houston in time. Sorry phil. I'm squeezing your butt-cheeks virtually.

MBK [TotalFark]
2018-02-13 10:02:16 PM

Ras-Algethi: STUPID FRIDAY AFTERNOON SHELF EXAMS.

Its okay boo.  We'll always have Austin.

CatherineM: the money is in the banana stand: Downtown Houston is horrible. Literally, anywhere else in the city is better. EaDo is even better for the sole fact that the boozy snowcones at East End Hardware are delicious.

Are you actually showing up or did you just come in here to complain?

So far I think its just gonna be me, you and Timanous.

Probably just me.  I should start singing "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables"

2018-02-14 12:13:59 PM

Shostie: EatenTheSun: I may go just to give MBK a ride around the block so he can check off "rode in a truck".

Take him muddin'.

While my truck has been offroad more than most offroad trucks, it ain't made for muddin'.

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.