Skip to content

Fark NotNewsletter: Nature's greatest spectacle
Posted by DisseminationMonkey at 2019-03-20 1:57:01 PM (58 comments) | Permalink

1071 clicks; posted to Main » on 20 Mar 2019 at 8:36 PM (4 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Hello, Farkers. It might seem like the Fark NotNewsletter is late this week, but every Fark NotNewsletter matures at its own pace and emerges from its cocoon when it's ready. This is nature; I do not make the rules.

Comment Votes

Some of the top-voted smartest and funniest comments from the past week

Funny:
Wadded Beef chastised people for worrying about what a college student was up to
tuxq figured out how many times a negligent mother has been to Myrtle Beach
bearded clamorer showed us the poor opossum who had his poor furballs stuck in a fence
BKITU ranted about a library being closed because a moose was blocking the door
OkieDookie acknowledged the bright side of Facebook being down all day
MrBallou told us about when you know you're old
Diogenes revealed a conspiracy about rocks
farkyorefeelings was curious about two other Farkers' relationship
davidphogan brought Jaguars to a leopard thread
Pandora's Litterbox predicted how a thread about the "Captain Marvel" movie might go

Smart:
King Something argued that sometimes a hand gesture means just what you think it means
wax_on explained why a 17-year-old didn't get jail time for killing three pedestrians in a crash
WickerNipple agreed with the Catholic Church that Pete Davidson shouldn't compare them to R. Kelly
salvador.hardin told us what people did wrong in the college admissions scandal
MrBallou speculated on something that might have influenced the shooter in New Zealand
Action Replay Nick pointed out that you can help stop mass shootings without having to grab a gun out of an assailant's hands
Mister Buttons remembered another time the Catholic Church demanded an apology
davidphogan discussed the video of the mosque attack in New Zealand
Rocketboy1313 thought that the college admissions scheme was part of rich peoples' way of life
Naido had a suggestion for the Catholic Church

TotalFark Discussion:
Note: This section can only be accessed by TotalFarkers
Smart: Drew explained why you can't edit your Fark comments after you post them
Funny: flucto figured out which "Star Wars" figure a Farker found in Mom's attic
Smart: ThomasPaineTrain had advice for anyone who has a drunk driving problem
Funny: Drew told us his favorite kinds of cheese
Funny: merrillvillain made an observation about condoms and balloons
Funny: Drew let us know the proper way to pronounce "caramel"

Politics Funny:
Shostie noticed something interesting about one of the groups of "tough people" Trump listed among his supporters
Miss5280 predicted how Trump would respond to Nancy Pelosi's comment about impeaching him
wax_on figured out what Devin Nunes was doing with his tweet complaining about having to ask for a straw
Mike_LowELL was upset by a Ben Garrison cartoon
Mad Scientist thought that Ivanka Trump might be right about her dad not being a racist

Politics Smart:
Pocket Ninja thought Nancy Pelosi had the perfect response when asked about impeaching Trump
Sgt Otter had a question about Jacob Wohl reporting a death threat that he allegedly faked
UberDave figured out why a man in a MAGA hat was kicked out of a bar
pueblonative suggested a response to the desire to keep liberals from living in red states
holdmybones responded to Trump's implied threat that his fans would attack those who don't support him

Contest Votes

Some of the top-voted contest entries from last week, listed from highest number of votes down

Photoshops:
Alligator found two rowers rowing
Yammering_Splat_Vector really confused me with this one
nissananimal helped Mr. Kotter's students get into college
Don_cos switched the head on Allison Stokke's body
RedZoneTuba found out how Donald Trump got into the university of his choice
retrophil had a surprise for some thrill riders
RedZoneTuba made the Fonz even cooler
RedZoneTuba gave some advice to people visiting New York City
Yammering_Splat_Vector gave this soldier a verrry interesting helmet
noazark showed off a totally legitimate weightlifting photo

Farktography:
MorningBreath won Farktography Contest No. 723: "Arts and Crafts" with an emerging woman

Farktography is Fark's weekly photography contest. If you would like to suggest a Farktography theme, you can contact Elsinore or stop by the Farktography Forum.

Beyond Fark

We're very sad to have lost SilverStag, a longtime Farker and beloved member of the Farktography community. Next week, there will be a Memorial Farktography thread in his honor. Please read about SilverStag's memorial Farktography thread here to find out how to participate.

Upcoming Fark Parties

See Farkers up close in their unnatural habitats

Tuesday, April 2: Robinsonville, MS Fark Party and Farker's birthday party

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all

2019-03-20 02:05:53 PM
img.fark.netView Full Size

2019-03-20 02:10:09 PM

2019-03-20 02:12:09 PM
Is this about circumcision or bananas?

2019-03-20 02:13:30 PM

libranoelrose: Is this about circumcision or bananas?

2019-03-20 02:14:00 PM

libranoelrose: Is this about circumcision or bananas?

Circumcision and bananas.

2019-03-20 02:16:16 PM
img.fark.netView Full Size

2019-03-20 02:17:59 PM

DisseminationMonkey: libranoelrose: Is this about circumcision or bananas?

img.fark.netView Full Size

Welcome to Fark

2019-03-20 02:42:53 PM
img.fark.netView Full Size

2019-03-20 02:46:41 PM
img.fark.netView Full Size

2019-03-20 03:12:37 PM
img.fark.netView Full Size

2019-03-20 03:29:30 PM
img.fark.netView Full Size

2019-03-20 03:32:38 PM

2019-03-20 03:38:13 PM

You could just type the correct words.

2019-03-20 03:43:14 PM

You could just type the correct words.

I try my best but finger go badly sumtims.

2019-03-20 03:48:05 PM

frostus: fly_gal: frostus: So why can't we edit our comments after we post them? Preview doesn't always work during fits hurried posting.

You could just type the correct words.

I try my best but finger go badly sumtims.

You'll get over it.

2019-03-20 03:54:04 PM

To avoid bait and switch posting.

2019-03-20 03:54:49 PM

envirovore: frostus: So why can't we edit our comments after we post them? Preview doesn't always work during fits hurried posting.

To avoid bait and switch posting.

Makes sense.

2019-03-20 04:25:52 PM
Just blame it on auto correct and move on.

2019-03-20 04:27:53 PM

uncleacid: Just blame it on auto correct and move on.

Or just assume we all know it was an auto correct error.  It happens to everyone.

2019-03-20 04:45:20 PM
i.imgur.comView Full Size

2019-03-20 08:26:53 PM

2019-03-20 08:28:53 PM

You could just type the correct words.

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? That's crazy.

2019-03-20 08:32:47 PM
This Drew guy is getting out of hand in the notable mentions for the TFD area. Especially as related to the amount he is involved there.

It's like having your 3rd cousin attend the family reunion and then they insistently want to get everybody together for breakfast the next morning.

2019-03-20 08:36:07 PM
I MADE THE NEWSLETTER!

I MADE THE NEWSLETTER!

2019-03-20 08:42:51 PM

Shostie: I MADE THE NEWSLETTER!

I MADE THE NEWSLETTER!

He said MADE twice. He really likes MADE.

2019-03-20 08:43:11 PM
Am I the only one that noticed a farker died?

/welcometofark.jpg

2019-03-20 08:55:15 PM
That hippo is FABULOUS.
Will probably end up on the Fantasia ensemble.

2019-03-20 08:55:21 PM

Unikitty: Am I the only one that noticed a farker died?

/welcometofark.jpg

But I made the newsletter!!!

2019-03-20 08:58:06 PM
img.fark.netView Full Size

2019-03-20 09:00:56 PM

Shostie: Unikitty: Am I the only one that noticed a farker died?

/welcometofark.jpg

But I made the newsletter!!!

excellent

*rubs hands together like a mad scientist*
One day, I too will be mentioned in the NotNewsLetter.

2019-03-20 09:04:39 PM

Shostie: I MADE THE NEWSLETTER!

I MADE THE NEWSLETTER!

Congrats.

It seems to have been decided that some of us never, ever will.

2019-03-20 09:08:59 PM

Non Sequitur Man: [img.fark.net image 500x292]

Okay, I approve. (Not that I made the original, but I'm pretty sure I know where you got it from.)

2019-03-20 09:20:23 PM

FriarReb98: Non Sequitur Man: [img.fark.net image 500x292]

Indeed, you do.

2019-03-20 09:30:53 PM

Dance Party: It seems to have been decided that some of us never, ever will.

I only made it once and that was for a silly pic I didn't think would attract a large number of funny votes. It can seem to be random.

2019-03-20 09:50:42 PM

Shostie: I MADE THE NEWSLETTER!

I MADE THE NEWSLETTER!

Congrats!

The one time I made it was for a single exclamatory word at the beginning of a thread.

Never for my subtle and more refined judgements. But then again, [farrrrrrrt...]

2019-03-20 10:26:33 PM

Somacandra: But then again, [farrrrrrrt...]

img.fark.netView Full Size

2019-03-20 10:30:42 PM

Unikitty: Am I the only one that noticed a farker died?

/welcometofark.jpg

He sounds like an interesting guy. RIP.

2019-03-20 10:41:40 PM

Somacandra: Shostie: I MADE THE NEWSLETTER!

I MADE THE NEWSLETTER!

Congrats!

It's harder to get listed in the NotNewsletter than it used to be since now, while I still go by voting results, I try to make the NotNewsletter better by skipping over comments that are obvious; that are basically just "fark this guy" comments; that are summarizing or quoting the article without adding much original info; that are re-posted memes or comments from other sites (unless used in an original way); or that are just complaints about the article, the headline, the source, or other Farkers.

2019-03-20 11:00:04 PM

DisseminationMonkey: Somacandra: Shostie: I MADE THE NEWSLETTER!

I MADE THE NEWSLETTER!

Congrats!

As it damn well should be.

2019-03-20 11:55:00 PM

Could the kind farkers here recommend an inexpensive (less than $500) but good computer? My 10 year-old 'emachine' is slowly dying. I don't need anything fancy, I don't play RPGs, I don't download a lot of stuff (at least things that will stay on the hard drive), I mainly just browse the internet, etc. Also, my present computer still runs Vista & I'm having more & more trouble navigating on some sites. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2019-03-21 12:16:36 AM

You have TF, post it in discussion. Jesus.

2019-03-21 01:47:27 AM
What the fark?

2019-03-21 02:13:36 AM

You have TF, post it in discussion. Jesus.

Who pissed in your corn flakes? I asked a farking question & under what question/category am I supposed to do that? Why so hostile anyway?

2019-03-21 06:11:23 AM

Open box deal at Newegg with plenty of money left over to buy a an SSD and upgrade.

Or are you looking for a laptop?

2019-03-21 06:16:51 AM

You have TF, post it in discussion. Jesus.

We just got rid of the "Dude, you're getting a Dell" threads there.

Do you want queue spam? Becuase this is how you get queue spam.

I kid, all of TFD is queue spam. And it's wonderful.

2019-03-21 06:19:10 AM

bratface: Unikitty: bratface: Bit of a thread jack. I left this on the Geek forum but I didn't notice that hardly anybody actually goes there, so I'll ask here?

You have TF, post it in discussion. Jesus.

Total Fark Discussion is what Uni was referring to.
You'd get more of a proper, serious answer in Advice, but it's much like Chernobyl in that it's a barren wasteland and those that go there end up leaving a bit funny.

2019-03-21 06:25:45 AM

You have TF, post it in discussion. Jesus.

We just got rid of the "Dude, you're getting a Dell" threads there.

Do you want queue spam? Becuase this is how you get queue spam.

I kid, all of TFD is queue spam. And it's wonderful.

What happened to the Dell threads?

2019-03-21 06:33:01 AM

libranoelrose: envirovore: Unikitty: bratface: Bit of a thread jack. I left this on the Geek forum but I didn't notice that hardly anybody actually goes there, so I'll ask here?

You have TF, post it in discussion. Jesus.

We just got rid of the "Dude, you're getting a Dell" threads there.

Do you want queue spam? Becuase this is how you get queue spam.

I kid, all of TFD is queue spam. And it's wonderful.

What happened to the Dell threads?

Dunno, they just stopped being posted after a few weeks.

Though I suspect that will change now for some reason.

2019-03-21 06:42:48 AM

lindalouwho: And now mystery (to me) has been solved - I saw a Drew office hours thread late at night with 5-600 comments, but was too tired to read it. The next day I saw the other Drew's office hours thread (didn't know there were two) and... befuddle I was. So I'm glad Drew made the NotNewsletter, now I know I didn't dream it lol

So you're saying there were no moar than two?

2019-03-21 06:44:03 AM

There's a thread in Total Fark Discussion just for this now, btw.

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.