Fark NotNewsletter: What's even nuttier than Fark's favorite squirrel?
Posted by DisseminationMonkey at 2018-07-03 11:31:17 AM (58 comments) | Permalink

2494 clicks; posted to Main » on 03 Jul 2018 at 10:06 PM (2 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

________________________

A message from Drew Curtis:
________________________

The 4th of July is a great time of year for Fark.  For the week before, we get all the great stories out of Florida warning people not to shoot guns into the air or take fireworks through security at airports.  For the week after, we get all the stories of people blowing themselves up accidentally. Good times.

As some of you already know, this year will be the 6th annual release of Stone Farking Wheaton W00tstout at Hop-Con 6.0 at Stone Liberty Station on July 19th.  Tickets are still available if you're interested in going. I'll be there along with my friends Rebecca Watson and Adam Savage for a round of Quiz-o-Tron, as well as quickly and haphazardly judging a costume contest while inebriated.

In addition to this, turns out in his spare time, Greg Koch has been trying to disrupt the U.S. nut butter market.  Nutista has announced a special W00tStout NutButter. In their words, here's what they were trying to do:

---

How did we do it:

·         We first drank a lot of 2017 release of w00tstout.
·         Used ingredients to echo the flavor of the beer like bourbon-soaked malt, malted rye, roasted barley.
·         We added our own nutty flair - raw Elliot pecans and dry roasted peanuts, a healthy amount of pecans are used to mimic the flavor profile of the beer.

Why is this noteworthy: This is one of the world's first nutbutters designed to be awesome when paired with the beer, and that authentically uses brewer's ingredients like rye, barley, and bourbon-soaked malt.

---

A sample of this arrived at my house last week, and holy crap is it good.

If you'd like some, they've released a small prototype batch and it's available for purchase here.  A portion of the proceeds will go towards Fark and paying off my exorbitant beer tabs in other states.  So if you were looking for a way to help us out other than signing up for TotalFark (which you should do), why not pick up some prototype W00tstout nutbutter?  And yes, it's not cheap, but nothing good is.

________________________

We now return you to your usual Fark NotNewsletter.
________________________

Comment Mentions

Canada Day - 78
Anthony Kennedy - 707
Supreme Court - 1221
Harlan Ellison - 101

Comment Votes

Some of the top-voted smartest and funniest comments from the past week
Funny:
bigpeeler admitted to spreading numerous STDs
HighlanderRPI commented on the aftermath of an explosion at a hospital
joemack621 gave us some background on the "girlfriend" from the "distracted boyfriend" meme
you are a puppet knew how far criminals will go to impersonate firefighters
Miss5280 wanted to see a wider variety of sexy swimsuit designs
Angry Drunk Bureaucrat discussed some shooting victims
Pocket Ninja predicted what will happen to teens who mocked a man as he drowned
Tax Boy found the original of that
buzzcut73 figured out what was wrong with a car crashing, flying, and coming to a stop at a gas pump
Jack Sabbath pointed out why 50 Cent shouldn't make fun of Terry Crews

Smart:
Precious Roy's Horse Dividers noted the timing of the Capital Gazette shooting
PaulRB compared different types of murderers
blender61 lamented hermit problems
Torgo_of_Manos discussed one of the saddest episodes of any television show
shower_in_my_socks brought up recent high-profile verbal attacks against journalists
bluorangefyre saw the Capital Gazette shooting as a battle between amendments
Gunboat reacted to an artist's arrest for leaving a sculpture of a giant bent spoon outside a drug company
FormlessOne understood why people are "ghosting" employers
Diogenes wanted to discuss ghost job listings
Farkin_Crazy discussed Trump's initial reaction to the Capital Gazette shooting

TotalFark Discussion:
Note: This section can only be accessed by TotalFarkers
Funny & Smart:  NoseBrain had advice on how to get your ex to leave you alone
Funny: Louisiana_Sitar_Club knew what to do when an ex gives you an expensive gift
Funny: meg12279's remains won't go to waste
Funny: Exluddite explained why details of the next "Spider-Man" movie will be leaked

Politics Funny:
impaler presented a very confused Snekretary
ThomasPaineTrain came up with a Secret Service code name for Sarah Sanders
hissatsu showed us what Sean Hannity's platform might look like
lilbjorn found a reason to delay finding a replacement for Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy
fusillade762 was shocked by something Attorney General Jeff Sessions did

Politics Smart:
DeaH appreciated seeing some progress in civil rights
freddyV noted that "civility" has been lacking for a while now
whither_apophis pointed out something about "blue-sky" policies
sigdiamond2000 wasn't buying Roseanne Barr's apology

Contest Votes

Some of the top-voted contest entries from last week, listed from highest number of votes down

Photoshops:
Alligator made this passenger a little less cute
Yammering_Splat_Vector showed a guy who was desperate to stop the best song ever
RedZoneTuba arrested a furriner
ElectronChaser discovered gravity
stertz found a convenient trampoline
Wrongo updated a classic magazine cover
Cork on Fork made a dirty phone call
RedZoneTuba found someone who can communicate with oversized crustaceans
RedZoneTuba revealed the inspiration behind a well-known song
RedZoneTuba showed that Steve Tyler has had some work done

Farktography:
CiliarySpasm won Farktography Contest No. 686: "Midway" with a very fishy photo

Farktography is Fark's weekly photography contest. If you would like to suggest a Farktography theme, you can contact Elsinore or stop by the Farktography Forum.

Upcoming Fark Parties

See Farkers up close in their unnatural habitats

Wednesday, July 18: 6th Annual Farks In The Wild Party at the Buffalo, NY Zoo
Thursday, July 19: Hop-Con w00tstout release party in San Diego, CA

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all

2018-07-03 11:35:22 AM

2018-07-03 11:51:13 AM

2018-07-03 12:00:05 PM

brap: I love you like a brother, Drew, but I may have to draw the line at purchasing tubs of your nutbutter.

Good God, man.  It's less than $2 an oz.  Get *two* tubs and smear it on all the things you love!

2018-07-03 12:03:58 PM

2018-07-03 12:19:48 PM

2018-07-03 12:20:38 PM
I got robbed.

2018-07-03 12:32:24 PM

Old Man Winter: I got robbed.

If you're talking about the post I think you're talking about, TFD politics threads aren't included in the NotNewsletter because there's already a whole section for politics, and most people don't really want to see more. Also, any TFD thread where the subject was already covered in a greenlit thread isn't included. This is because that section in the NNL is meant to highlight TFD-specific content. I'll certainly reconsider this if most Farkers would like it to be done differently.

2018-07-03 12:33:51 PM

fark admins

2018-07-03 12:52:05 PM
What, no CSB?

/I don't catch up during the weekends

2018-07-03 12:55:40 PM

DisseminationMonkey: Old Man Winter: I got robbed.

I'm just playing :p

2018-07-03 01:01:26 PM
I got robbed.

/Maybe it works for liters too?

2018-07-03 01:05:22 PM

ReverendLoki: What, no CSB?

/I don't catch up during the weekends

Unfortunately, nobody submitted one.

2018-07-03 01:08:03 PM

NoahBuddy: I got robbed.

/Maybe it works for liters too?

Only works for anyone if I happen to remember it or have a pretty good idea where to find it. You can always ask me here or email me or contact Farkback to ask about a particular post. Please provide a link, though. :)

2018-07-03 01:38:10 PM
Is this a poop thread?

2018-07-03 01:43:09 PM

cowgirl toffee: Is this a poop thread?

2018-07-03 01:49:19 PM
my poop

2018-07-03 01:49:34 PM

Moderator: cowgirl toffee: Is this a poop thread?

[img.fark.net image 219x251]

aaaaannnnnnd.... you are welcome.  :P

2018-07-03 01:51:49 PM

cretinbob: my poop

forums.mtbr.comView Full Size

2018-07-03 02:53:04 PM

2018-07-03 02:56:42 PM
I want to know where the fark user is who recommended his sci fi novels has gone.

2018-07-03 02:58:24 PM

DisseminationMonkey: NoahBuddy: I got robbed.

/Maybe it works for liters too?

Bah! Foiled again.

/And Farkers claim mods are stupid

2018-07-03 03:03:10 PM

2018-07-03 04:02:25 PM

real_headhoncho: [img.fark.net image 500x279]

s33.postimg.ccView Full Size

2018-07-03 04:11:13 PM
Oops, I apologize.  That last post was very lazy of me.

s33.postimg.ccView Full Size

2018-07-03 05:28:23 PM
Squirrels going 'nuts', you say?...

2018-07-03 05:40:56 PM

2018-07-03 06:04:53 PM

bratface: I didn't receive my 'weekly Fark NotNewsletter' today. Anybody else not get theirs?

Don't know, I got mine...

2018-07-03 06:06:13 PM

2018-07-03 06:08:02 PM
We're just going full-on blue nuts this afternoon...

2018-07-03 06:19:29 PM
Damnit, now I'm bummed out!

Tried to look up a funny gif for a hedgy eating peanuts.  Turns out, hedgies CAN'T have peanuts; the nuts get caught in the roofs of their little mouths.  Much like some Farkers, I suspect.

2018-07-03 07:01:39 PM

Diocletian's Last Cabbage: Damnit, now I'm bummed out!

Here's a soon-to-be-dead hogger for you:
s33.postimg.ccView Full Size

2018-07-03 10:06:38 PM

2018-07-03 10:10:32 PM
Two squirrels.

2018-07-03 10:30:33 PM

Yeah, they're still sending. Dev is looking into why it's taking so long.

2018-07-03 10:32:53 PM

2018-07-03 10:59:45 PM

2018-07-03 11:01:03 PM

2018-07-03 11:01:49 PM

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.