Skip to content

Fark NotNewsletter: Farking Wheaton w00tstout release party coming up, y'all
Posted by DisseminationMonkey at 2018-06-13 10:47:54 AM, edited 2018-06-13 11:11:05 AM (34 comments) | Permalink

1458 clicks; posted to Main » on 13 Jun 2018 at 9:57 PM (26 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

________________________

A message from Drew Curtis:
________________________

Fark Party at Stone Liberty Station July 19th - Hop-Con 6.0

Hey everyone, it's almost w00tstout time again.  Stone Brewing is releasing our collaboration beer again on July 19th at Stone Liberty Station at a mini festival they call Hop-Con. Greg, Wil, and I will be there along with some other famous Farkers to be announced later. If you can make it, tickets need to be purchased in advance and they will sell out so get them ASAP!  Hope to see you there!
________________________

We now return you to your usual Fark NotNewsletter.
________________________

Comment Mentions

Eagles - 484
Bakery - 66
Kate Spade - 160
Anthony Bourdain - 452

Comment Votes

Some of the top-voted smartest and funniest comments from the past week
Funny:
Warthog was extremely offended by a video posted on Fark
bearded clamorer shared a cat's thoughts on the effects of the Kilauea volcano eruption
A story about a drunk driver killing a white supremacist reminded SoupGuru of something
Smoking GNU showed us how organic matter ended up on Mars
bloobeary figured out why a televangelist won't get a new jet by believing it into existence
TheAlgebraist explained why people stopped while fleeing a volcano eruption in Guatemala
ox45tallboy reacted to Anthony Bourdain's death
Prank Call of Cthulhu had a suggestion for anyone driving away from a volcano eruption
calbert showed that even for cats, hindsight is 20/20
Eddie Adams from Torrance paraphrased a woman who tried to rob a bank by promising sexual favors

Smart:
downstairs hoped that Farkers wouldn't be judgmental about how Anthony Bourdain died
NeoCortex42 pointed out some problems with civil forfeiture
Trocadero looked at why Rage Against the Machine's old songs are still relevant
LoneWolf343 explained cats
Great P-rn Dragon described what it's like to grow up in a family that belies televangelists like Jesse Duplantis
edmo had concerns about a South African teacher who had been imprisoned in Chinia
ox45tallboy defended "The Last Temptation of Christ"
kimwim explained why a person with an enviable life can suffer from depression
SecretAgentWoman gave instructions for eating Kit Kat bars
Mr. Coffee Nerves described a homophobic gym owner

TotalFark Discussion:
Note: This section can only be accessed by TotalFarkers
Smart:  italie wasn't about to let some carnies get away with their tricks
Funny:  generalDisdain waited for the submitter to return from boning
Smart:  IvyLady had some suggestions for de-stigmatizing mental illness
Smart:  Fat Old Broad explained how drinking two glasses of wine a night can mean you have a problem

CSB Sunday Morning:  Road trips and roadside attractions
Smart:
  SonOfSpam recreated a road trip 56 years later (this is really cool, so check it out)
Funny:  GooberMcFly found some classic works of art at a souvenir shop

CSB [Cool Story, Bro] Sunday Morning is a thread where Farkers share stories based on a weekly topic. If you have a topic idea for a CSB Sunday Morning thread, please submit it on Saturday afternoon/evening (you'll want to write out your intro first so you can copy and paste it in for the Boobies), or email dugitman.

Politics Funny:
markie_farkie discussed work that Melania Trump has had done
Harry Freakstorm thought of a reason for Donald Trump to pardon himself now
Eddie Adams from Torrance was interested in seeing more than French President Emmanuel Macron's thumb mark on Trump's hand
Markoff_Cheney figured that Macron was well prepared for meeting with Trump again
you are a puppet shared Trump's reaction to a Kansas City, MO special election swinging to the Democrats

Politics Smart:
Karac imagined what David Hogg could have said to police after his house was swatted
dougermouse was frustrated by the lack of impeachment proceedings
aaronx discussed how Trump thought trade deals would work
AirForceVet looked back on Bill Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky

Contest Votes

Some of the top-voted contest entries from last week, listed from highest number of votes down

Photoshops:
Cork on Fork found that spending time on Fark causes you to learn to speak Farkanese
RedZoneTuba made a poster for racist tweeters
Yammering_Splat_Vector got the storm started
Herb Utsmelz wanted to do some high-tech gardening
Don_cos showed us what's going on in Australia
Wrongo discovered the cause of a strange car accident
hammettman picked up a well-dressed hitchhiker
ionthrust demonstrated the wrong way to pick a weed
#2 showed us what happens when you buy the wrong type of cat food
Mojongo brought enough beer for everyone

Farktography:
CiliarySpasm won Farktography Contest No. 683: "Waterscapes 3" with the prettiest drainage ditch you'll ever see

Farktography is Fark's weekly photography contest. If you would like to suggest a Farktography theme, you can contact Elsinore or stop by the Farktography Forum.

Upcoming Fark Parties

See Farkers up close in their unnatural habitats

Saturday, June 23: Chicago Fark Party
Wednesday, July 18: 6th Annual Farks In The Wild Party at the Buffalo, NY Zoo
Thursday, July 19: Hop-Con w00tstout release party in San Diego, CA

Fark Weird News Quiz Results (brought to you by ox45tallboy)

Yet another great quiz last week, including a bit of fun with America's favorite hat, Canada. Bear151556 sits alone in the 1000 club house with 1019, followed by Oakenraven who got stopped just short of the door with 997.  That's okay, though, whither_apophis has a party going on in the parking lot with his 975, and foo monkey and Denjiro just showed up with 924 and 903, respectively.

The hardest question on last week's Hard Quiz was over who Hemi and Luna were. Only 22% of quiztakers caught the story on the US Police Canine Association's Detector Dog competition. Hemi took top honors in explosives detection, while Luna was deemed best at finding drugs. For the record, although it's extremely rare, twin hippos have been born in captivity on multiple occasions, most recently on Christmas Day 1988 at the Memphis Zoo. Those hippos were named Splish and Splash by actress and Memphis native Cybill Shepherd.

The easiest question on the Hard Quiz was over what Florida Man was going to get to shoot (legally, this time) in Everglades National Park. 77% of quiztakers knew that some numbskulls let their pet Burmese pythons out into the wild decades ago, and the species has flourished in the swamps at the cost of native ecology. Perhaps some enterprising Floridian should consider setting up a roadside shack selling snake meat and snakeskin boots and belts - I'm sure they'll have all the raw materials they need in no time.

The hardest question on the Easy Quiz was over mysterious booms being heard in the middle of the night in Bucks and Lehigh counties in Pennsylvania. Only 54% of quiztakers had read about the extensive police investigation which determined that some local yokels had actually found something entertaining to do in rural Pennsylvania by setting off some explosives just for the hell of it. No word on if the group allowed the local sheriff to join in on the fund, although everyone knows he asked.

The easiest question on the Easy Quiz was over what company had issued a recall on SPAM. Since Nigerian Prince wasn't one of the options, and they never recall their SPAM anyhow, 90% of quiztakers knew that SPAM was made by Hormel. For you lucky 10% who didn't know because you've never had it, you're not missing much. Although, come to think of it, I would like to try some of the various flavors in Japan and South Korea. They have almost as many options for SPAM as they do for KitKats.

Congratulations to the winners, and if you missed last week's quiz, you can catch up on it here.

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

2018-06-13 10:52:30 AM
img.fark.netView Full Size

2018-06-13 10:52:40 AM
No, sorry, I'm not one of the famous Farkers that will be at Hop Con.

Sorry about that....

2018-06-13 10:58:30 AM

2018-06-13 11:09:04 AM

He does, but he doesn't post commets very often.

2018-06-13 11:12:56 AM
Farking Wheaton w00tstout

I'm sorry, Barleyon is a superior grain for stouts.

2018-06-13 11:19:41 AM

DisseminationMonkey: One Bad Apple: Does Wil still hang out here ? I like the guy and all but why does he still get treated like Fark's favorite celebrity ?

He does, but he doesn't post commets very often.

Sorry - sometimes the wifi in the basement's a little sketchy....

2018-06-13 11:19:44 AM
Whar Wheaton tag, whar?

2018-06-13 11:22:09 AM

Mr_Fabulous: Whar Wheaton tag, whar?

I'd totally use it, but I can't. Blog entries will only allow the Fark Blog tag.

2018-06-13 11:30:12 AM
pbs.twimg.comView Full Size

2018-06-13 11:30:32 AM
I'll take it then that you'll not be drinking the Wheaton w00tstout Captain?
img.fark.netView Full Size

Some Wheaton w00tstout Mr. Worf?
img.fark.netView Full Size

I would rather have my brain removed with a melon baller.

img.fark.netView Full Size

Captain, I drank some of that Wheaton w00tstout ...

TWX [TotalFark]
2018-06-13 11:32:05 AM
No wheaton tag?

I am disappoint.

2018-06-13 11:39:55 AM
I bought some last year for a buddy. Saw them at a local liquor store here.

I would go but I can't enjoy the beer so paying to not drink would be lame.

2018-06-13 11:41:01 AM

OneTimed: [pbs.twimg.com image 600x401]

Release the Seamen!

alienationmentale.files.wordpress.comView Full Size

2018-06-13 11:42:56 AM

I would go but I can't enjoy the beer so paying to not drink would be lame.

There are a bunch of other beers there, too. For what it's worth, last year's was my least favorite. I liked the other ones much better. YMMV.

2018-06-13 12:07:30 PM

I would go but I can't enjoy the beer so paying to not drink would be lame.

He doesn't drink at all.

*I'm* the one who can't stand the taste of any beer (yuck! ptooi!).

2018-06-13 01:22:44 PM

mama2tnt: DisseminationMonkey: Badafuco: I bought some last year for a buddy. Saw them at a local liquor store here.

I would go but I can't enjoy the beer so paying to not drink would be lame.

He doesn't drink at all.

*I'm* the one who can't stand the taste of any beer (yuck! ptooi!).

I'm with you there.

/cue get_out.gif

2018-06-13 03:25:40 PM
Woot Stout.

2018-06-13 03:35:30 PM
If you haven't had the chance, the kit's available to make your own version.

It's been my most popular beer - I still have two bottles left from two years ago, and I'm loathe to finish them.  Cause then I'll have to make more.

Enjoy the fresh stuff, folks.

2018-06-13 04:07:40 PM

I wish he did, so I could bug him about what he's working on, is he still doing tabletop

that and maybe apologize for using shut up Wesley on him years ago without knowing the context. doesn't make it less dickish, but I don't think I saw that episode

2018-06-13 04:18:01 PM

Donovan Cox: One Bad Apple: Does Wil still hang out here ? I like the guy and all but why does he still get treated like Fark's favorite celebrity ?

I don't know whether there WAS an episode - I just know that from the very first time ol' W. Crusher appeared, we in the audience were generally shouting it at the screen.

/along with, "You dumb adults! No one ever listens to the kid, and he's the only one who's right!"  XD

2018-06-13 04:32:57 PM

2018-06-13 04:35:42 PM

Today's Saturday, so I don't know WHAT you're talking about.

2018-06-13 04:39:51 PM

It would have been Tuesday, but I wasn't feeling well on Monday and needed an extra day. :(

2018-06-13 04:40:00 PM

mama2tnt: bratface: The newsletter used to come out on Monday, then it was moved to Tuesday (can't remember why), now it is showing up on Wednesday. What's the deal? Is it going the way of Thursday's food thread & what used to be Friday's WEEKLY news quiz?

Today's Saturday, so I don't know WHAT you're talking about.

Whoops, it's Wednesday again. I hate these time storms.

2018-06-13 05:59:05 PM
YAAAS, back near the top of the quiz!  WOOT!  RAHR  and WHOO-HOO and other  onamatapoetic words to express my delight!!  *bows to imaginary audience*

....uh, where are my pants?

2018-06-13 07:09:59 PM

HedlessChickn: And of course the post I made in the RINO thread with 200+ likes isn't good enough.

Nothing I do is good enough.

I quit.

Settle down, the NotNewsletter covers Sunday morning through Sunday morning. That thread was posted this past Sunday evening, after the cutoff time. However, posts that are obvious, memes or quotes from other sites, restatements of the article or headline, insulting other Farkers, biatching about the Fark or the link or article, or something that's already been covered several times usually aren't included, so if your post falls under any of those categories, it likely won't be in the NotNewsletter. Otherwise, look for it next week.

2018-06-13 09:43:22 PM

I would go but I can't enjoy the beer so paying to not drink would be lame.

I gots me the cirrhosis. I can't have any beers anymore. It really, REALLY blows man.
If it didn't cost to go, I'd head down there. I'm only up in Ventura. 3.5 hours north.

2018-06-13 09:47:43 PM

Not cool. Having a specialty beer that most of the people that regularly participate in your website on an elevated basis but have no realistic chance to try it out all out there in your Newsletter front and center.

*shrugs*

It's OK. I'm cool with the limited share and all. But 6 days notice?

Make it up to some farkers by reserving some bottles and taking them on the road for a few weeks. Doesn't need to be many, and not for a long time, but damn. Not everyone here lives that close by, Drew.

2018-06-13 09:58:55 PM

Wanebo: Cool. Having events for the people that participate in your website on an elevated basis.

*shrugs*

It's OK. I'm cool with the limited share and all. But 6 days notice?

2018-06-13 10:08:25 PM

DisseminationMonkey: The first couple of batches were hard to get in most states, but now they tend to be widely available. And the event is next month, not this month. :)

Ah. Missed the difference between June and July there. I'm not going to be able to adjust my vacay and get up there for even that though.

But. Still. I think if the distribution (Imma gonna drive over there) laws allow taking a case here and a twelver there it might be a good PR for both Fark and Stone. Bottle a few cases extra and take it on the road.

2018-06-13 10:26:34 PM

I would go but I can't enjoy the beer so paying to not drink would be lame.

Depending on how it turns out, you might be in good company. ;-)

2018-06-13 10:38:45 PM

Because Lawrence Fishbourne won't admit to being a farker on national TV and untill he does, Wheaton is it.

Wheaton also narrated the audio book version of Masters Of Doom and he did an OUTSTANDING job! It helps that it's such a great tale.

2018-06-13 10:40:25 PM

cyberspacedout: Badafuco: I bought some last year for a buddy. Saw them at a local liquor store here.

I would go but I can't enjoy the beer so paying to not drink would be lame.

Depending on how it turns out, you might be in good company. ;-)

Well it's not so much being around booze, I am headed to the Chicago Fark party next week.
Maybe I might get a wild hair in my liver and head down just for the shenanigans.

2018-06-14 01:44:45 AM
Maybe

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.