Skip to content

Fark NotNewsletter: Fark Madness
Posted by DisseminationMonkey at 2017-03-13 1:39:39 PM (34 comments) | Permalink

2532 clicks; posted to Main » on 13 Mar 2017 at 8:06 PM (1 year ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

________________________

A message from Drew Curtis:

March Madness is finally here.  Every year there are a few TotalFark bracket pools - feel free to jump in one of those.  If anyone wants to set up a Fark Discussion pool, feel free to submit one.  If we get a ton of submissions, I'll pick the pool names I like the most.  Duke sucks.

A quick feature update: If you subscribe to TotalFark via Stripe, it now allows you to buy recurring subscriptions for others, which wasn't the case previously.   So if you feel the urge to sign up for either TotalFark or BareFark, have at it!

Speaking of which - a generous anonymous Farker has donated ten 1-year TotalFark subscriptions.  This week we're going to post a discussion thread every other day.  Topic: what's the best thing that's happened to you as a result of Fark?  Did you meet your spouse?  Did you end up with a Fark baby?  Did knowing to drink an entire bottle of vodka after consuming anti-freeze end up saving your life as well?  Let us know - the 10 best submissions will get a free TotalFark sub.  Anyone who'd like to sponsor anyone else as a result of an extra-awesome submission, feel free - we'll pass out the 10 subs at the end of the week to whoever still doesn't have one.
________________________

We now return you to your usual Fark NotNewsletter.

________________________

Comment Mentions

The number of comments these words were mentioned in on Fark and TotalFark in the past week

Basketball - 206
Bracket - 70
Trumpcare - 468
Bacon - 229

Comment Voting

Some of the top-voted smartest and funniest comments from the past week

Funniest:
Pocket Ninja basically skipped a few pages in the Bible
Jingle Strangle shared a photo of Emma Watson
LucklessWonder shared a photo requested by the submitter of an Emma Watson thread
skyotter gave a reason for liking Hooters (the restaurant)
sxacho livened up "Green Eggs and Ham"
whyRpeoplesostupid enhanced a mugshot
iron de havilland protected a koala's modesty
Rapmaster2000 told us about his favorite Hooters waitress
Procedural Texture shared a comic about a concerned father
American-Irish eyes recognized the problems that are ruining an HOA

Smartest:
DammitIForgotMyLogin described some crazy crap Facebook pulled
Pocket Ninja basically skipped a few pages in the Bible
UNC_Samurai fought the good fight
demarke shared a story that makes you side with the lawyer
Mentat noted a lack of empathy
wax_on isn't very fond of police officers
J Noble Daggett had a suggestion for Khazir Khan
FormlessOne took another Farker behind the woodshed
fuzzybacchus thought a story deserved more attention
Barfmaker spent time reading an article about going to Hooters

CSB Sunday Morning: Farm animal encounters
Smartest: Caelistis told a touching story about a cross-species friendship
Funniest: A young Oakenraven saw firsthand what the devil weed can do

If you would like to suggest a topic for a CSB Sunday Morning thread, please email dugitman.

Politics Funniest:
centrifugal bumblepuppy shared a disturbing flowchart
Praise Cheesus's father-in-law has heartbreaking problems
Farking Clown Shoes showed what eating too many faces can do to someone
ImOscar shared a tweet about Donald Trump's strategy
Farking Clown Shoes found the president getting a late-night snack

Politics Smartest:
dv-ous addressed Paul Ryan's chief complaint about the Affordable Care Act
HighOnCraic imagined how Preet Bharara might respond to trolling from Dinesh D'Souza
Karac thought a kid could use some help
NewportBarGuy called out a lie from Donald Trump
mjjt shared a tweet about Trump's reaction to the latest job figures

Contest Votes

Some of the top-voted contest entries from last week, listed from highest number of votes down

Photoshops:
Yammering_Splat_Vector showed that a Ford crashed into this guy's roof
RedZoneTuba eavesdropped on a spiritual calling
Alligator created Willie the Sad Clown
Yammering_Splat_Vector put Rapunzel to work
#2 pierced a plastic pony
This wild and crazy guy photobombed Yammering_Splat_Vector's Photoshop entry
Daddy's Big Pink Man-Squirrel revealed why Trump is orange
RedZoneTuba showed us the best thing about Heaven
Pure Weapons-Grade Bolonium discovered what else sinks ships
Alligator found two men getting ready for a rally

Farktography:
Queen Mab won Farktography Contest No. 618: "The Air Down Here" with a great photo from Mammoth Hot Springs

If you would like to suggest a theme for a Farktography contest, you can contact Elsinore or stop by the Farktography Forum.

Upcoming Fark Parties

See Farkers up close in their unnatural habitats

Sunday, March 19th: Boston Farkers St. Paddy's Day Pub Crawl

If you'd like to plan a Fark Party in your area, you can use the Fark Party submission form.

Fark Headlines of the Week (brought to you by ox45tallboy)

Always after me lucky charms. Well this is the story of a bloke that was not so lucky

Mailman caught in the lab

Statue of Liberty undergoes metaphor renovation

Despite all the dildos, they failed to get off

Florist boss shot after dropping child off at daycare. Probably an arranged killing

Kirk Cousins wants to escape the other dumpster fire in Washington DC

Time crystals observed by scientists for the first time They are described as having 16 corners, 96 hours and 4-simultaneous 24-hour Days within a single rotation of Earth

Is Richard Simmons being held in a fitness protection program?

Today is the day when all patriotic Americans will show President Trump all the respect he deserves

The Hula-Hoop was patented this day in 1963. Take one out for a spin, if you're hip

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

2017-03-13 01:51:55 PM
*waits to see what people consider to be "Fark babies"*

2017-03-13 01:58:47 PM
Fark dumpster babies.

2017-03-13 02:01:10 PM
Fark Prom Bathroom Babies.

2017-03-13 02:03:51 PM

FortyHams: Fark dumpster babies.

I Am Someone Else: Fark Prom Bathroom Babies.

Prom Night Dumpster Baby - Family Guy
Youtube xgQ8BJdkN5U

2017-03-13 02:05:07 PM

2017-03-13 02:05:12 PM
Baby hipster.
img.fark.netView Full Size

2017-03-13 02:06:09 PM

Chris Ween: I saw Politics and Main in the closet making TFD, and one of the TFers looked at me.

Artists Reenactment:

img.fark.netView Full Size

2017-03-13 02:18:44 PM
Fark Madness.I assume it is like a regular Fark gathering, only it occurs at midnight or only in the month of March.

What a useful addition to the English language. Well, at least to Fark patois at any rate. Unlike many Fark memes it may be culturally bound.

2017-03-13 02:20:28 PM

real_headhoncho: Baby hipster.
[img.fark.net image 600x798]

Elbonian child need our love, too!

2017-03-13 02:23:27 PM
Woohoo! I made my NotNewsLetter debut thanks to The Rock.

2017-03-13 02:29:56 PM

lindalouwho: *waits to see what people consider to be "Fark babies"*

You don't have to wait, there are a bunch of them in the Politics tab.

2017-03-13 02:36:10 PM
Woohoo!  my submission made headlines of the week!

2017-03-13 02:42:26 PM
Woohoo, I got bacon!

2017-03-13 02:48:24 PM
Procedural Texture, I didn't see the original thread and now as I'm laughing hysterically I'm also busily reminding myself that I'm an atheist and there really is no bus to hell....

2017-03-13 03:00:43 PM
Wow, a two-bagger? I guess my check cleared.

2017-03-13 04:13:23 PM
McGeezax.
i.imgur.comView Full Size

2017-03-13 04:16:25 PM

2017-03-13 04:29:49 PM

An email that someone you sponsored has renewed?

Didn't know they could do that. Huh. How does that happen?

2017-03-13 04:32:54 PM

I drink the vodka first and then I don't want antifreeze

2017-03-13 04:35:39 PM

mama2tnt: Dallymo: I got an email that my TF sponsoree from last month re-upped for a six-month subscription. Yay!

An email that someone you sponsored has renewed?

Didn't know they could do that. Huh. How does that happen?

Yep. Also a message at the top of the page (where I keep my system-generated "Happy birthday from Fark" messages). And I got another sponsorship to give out, too. Nice!

2017-03-13 04:36:31 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever made the newsletter, so I'm getting a kick ...

2017-03-13 04:37:04 PM
Drew: This week we're going to post a discussion thread every other day.

Which days? Under "Discussion"? When does this begin? Will it be greenlit?

2017-03-13 07:55:08 PM
Holy crap I made the newsletter a second time! Woo, me!

2017-03-13 08:12:03 PM

Which days? Under "Discussion"? When does this begin? Will it be greenlit?

First one goes up tomorrow

2017-03-13 08:16:33 PM
Speaking of madness, did anyone else miss the quiz this week?

2017-03-13 08:27:13 PM

Marcus Aurelius: Speaking of madness, did anyone else miss the quiz this week?

It will be up probably within the hour.

2017-03-13 08:29:28 PM

ox45tallboy: It will be up probably within the hour.

That's what she said.

2017-03-13 10:27:39 PM

Drew: mama2tnt: Drew: This week we're going to post a discussion thread every other day.

Which days? Under "Discussion"? When does this begin? Will it be greenlit?

First one goes up tomorrow

Thanks!

2017-03-13 11:09:16 PM

Marcus Aurelius: Speaking of madness, did anyone else miss the quiz this week?

Sorry meant to link back, I forgot.

2017-03-14 03:02:44 AM
Fark madness, this is Sparta!

stream1.gifsoup.comView Full Size

2017-03-14 03:54:26 PM
RedZoneTuba showed us the best thing about Heaven  above.  So Pleased to see his sub won that thread!
Regret unable to ReLocate Fark user survey seen earlier, cuz it wuz BoGus.

2017-03-14 04:04:08 PM

laulaja: Regret unable to ReLocate Fark user survey seen earlier, cuz it wuz BoGus.

wat

2017-03-14 04:55:49 PM

2017-03-14 05:08:53 PM

Danger Avoid Death: Finally getting around to going through the NotNewsletter, and Caelistis' story nearly made me cry.

I was just thinking about that. Really great story.

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.