If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(NBC News)   Over a million East Coasters admit they're powerless over climate change   ( nbcnews.com) divider line
    More: Followup, New York, New Jersey, New York City, sea wall, snow-blitzed New Jersey, New York City-bound, New Jersey Transit, NBC New York  
•       •       •

3629 clicks; posted to Main » on 08 Mar 2018 at 9:20 PM (18 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



Voting Results (Funniest)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

2018-03-08 07:30:11 PM  
8 votes:
Global warming.
2018-03-08 11:08:11 PM  
6 votes:

johnphantom: If you don't believe in man made climate change, you are a god damned moron.


If you believe in man made climate change, you are a god damned moron.

Fixed it for you.
2018-03-08 10:32:36 PM  
5 votes:
If you don't believe in man made climate change, you are a god damned moron.
2018-03-08 08:41:13 PM  
5 votes:

BalugaJoe: Global warming.


img.fark.netView Full Size
2018-03-08 10:03:17 PM  
4 votes:

Branniganslaw: Mentat: And number 3 is coming Monday!

Seriously? God dammit I don't have time for this shiat. I have to drive from Philly to Wilmington for a job interview that day...


Start now.
2018-03-08 10:50:32 PM  
3 votes:
ifky: I was in a band that only got two inches or so.

Were you in the warm-up band?
2018-03-08 10:21:42 PM  
3 votes:
Repent, carbon sinners, before the oceans boil and and the mountains melt
2018-03-08 09:52:36 PM  
3 votes:
since we don't understand weather 100% we should assume the odds of a problem are 0%
2018-03-08 09:44:53 PM  
3 votes:

PapermonkeyExpress: Sean M: Yep, definitely due to global warming.  No one's ever lost power before due to a storm before.

Ever in the history of mankind until Al Gore.


They did happen before that, but until he invented the internet we had no way of knowing about them
2018-03-08 09:30:00 PM  
3 votes:
Yep, definitely due to global warming.  No one's ever lost power before due to a storm before.
2018-03-09 12:26:43 AM  
2 votes:

johnphantom: FlyingBacon: johnphantom: If you don't believe in man made climate change, you are a god damned moron.

If you believe in man made climate change, you are a god damned moron.

Fixed it for you.

97% of climate scientists would disagree with you. The other 3% work for the oil industry.

You are the fool.


I will give you a free total fark if you switch side.
2018-03-08 11:23:40 PM  
2 votes:

apathy2673: My sister's street in Montclair NJ:
[img.fark.net image 850x637]


Did they pick up the recycling?
2018-03-08 10:24:03 PM  
2 votes:

Branniganslaw: Mentat: And number 3 is coming Monday!

Seriously? God dammit I don't have time for this shiat. I have to drive from Philly to Wilmington for a job interview that day...


Chill, dude. McDonald will reschedule.
2018-03-08 10:04:03 PM  
2 votes:

wademh: They estimate I'll get power Sunday


Your pedal-powered generator is doing pretty well.
2018-03-08 08:33:56 PM  
2 votes:

wademh: They estimate I'll get power Sunday


img.fark.netView Full Size
in the neighborhood
2018-03-09 12:45:01 AM  
1 vote:
WelldeadLink:Someone's memorized 97 without looking at the problems with that number.

There's nothing quite like the zeal of the religious fanatic when someone is contesting the orthodoxy
2018-03-09 12:31:09 AM  
1 vote:

BalugaJoe: Global warming.


img.fark.netView Full Size
2018-03-08 11:59:04 PM  
1 vote:

johnphantom: FlyingBacon: johnphantom: If you don't believe in man made climate change, you are a god damned moron.

If you believe in man made climate change, you are a god damned moron.

Fixed it for you.

97% of climate scientists would disagree with you. The other 3% work for the oil industry.

You are the fool.


Someone's memorized 97 without looking at the problems with that number.
2018-03-08 11:55:18 PM  
1 vote:

FlyingBacon: johnphantom: If you don't believe in man made climate change, you are a god damned moron.

If you believe in man made climate change, you are a god damned moron.

Fixed it for you.


97% of climate scientists would disagree with you. The other 3% work for the oil industry.

You are the fool.
2018-03-08 11:48:55 PM  
1 vote:

johnphantom: If you don't believe in man made climate change, you are a god damned moron.


Or you have a good understanding of statistics and polynomial regression.
2018-03-08 11:11:35 PM  
1 vote:

ifky: Odd storm. I was in a band that only got two inches or so. Go two miles in any direction and you were looking at an 8-15" range


img.fark.netView Full Size
Wishing for 2" or so
2018-03-08 11:00:08 PM  
1 vote:

johnphantom: If you don't believe in man made climate change, you are a god damned moron.


I just drove across the lakebed of the southern lobe of the former Lake Agassiz this evening so I'm on board.

It was still around a mere 8,000 years ago, but due to rapid climate change is gone for good.
2018-03-08 10:37:27 PM  
1 vote:
And another one is on the way.  What is that, four once in a generation storms back to back to back to back?
2018-03-08 10:18:48 PM  
1 vote:
Odd storm. I was in a band that only got two inches or so. Go two miles in any direction and you were looking at an 8-15" range
2018-03-08 10:10:22 PM  
1 vote:
We get snow here just the way I like it. 70+ miles away, and way the hell up on top of the mountains.
2018-03-08 09:47:55 PM  
1 vote:
We've gotten about 4 inches all winter here in Colorado... gonna be a bad summer for fires.
2018-03-08 09:27:34 PM  
1 vote:
It's been cold as hell here. No snow though. Damn that Al Gore. Damn him to hell!
2018-03-08 08:31:24 PM  
1 vote:
They estimate I'll get power Sunday
 
Displayed 28 of 28 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking

On Twitter





Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.
  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.

Report