If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(CityLab)   Free parking is actually quite costly   ( citylab.com) divider line
    More: Ironic  
•       •       •

8395 clicks; posted to Main » on 03 Aug 2014 at 5:05 AM (3 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

51 Comments     (+0 »)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all

2014-08-04 01:47:25 PM  
Just a little background the author left out.  So much worry about the cost of parking and ignoring the fact that mass transit just pushes the cost to the taxpayer, because the true cost of those buses and trains is higher than they want you to think.

Fares and other revenue fund 57.6% of the Metro's daily operations while state and local governments fund the remaining 42.4%. Since the Metro's inception, the federal government has provided grants for 65% of the system's capital costs.

My commute per Google maps is 0;22 by Jeep or real bike, 2:03 by bus, or  1:32 by toy bike.   Private parking at the house and a lot at work.   Option 1 allows me to by economical groceries with a huge variety with only store time added, The others require nearly daily stops with less options or a cab which would be at least $30 for a round trip.    My out of town clients would take a day's trip each way as well as an extra night to my hotel stay.
Displayed 1 of 51 comments

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | » | Newest | Show all

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking

On Twitter

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.
  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.