Skip to content
 
If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(The New Yorker)   How to cover the news that everyone already knows and no one wants to see   (newyorker.com) divider line
    More: Misc  
•       •       •

3397 clicks; posted to Main » on 28 May 2022 at 9:12 PM (4 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook



15 Comments     (+0 »)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest
 
2022-05-28 9:13:55 PM  
It just gets sader.
🥺
 
2022-05-28 9:22:18 PM  
It's been widely reported that Uvalde spends 40% of their budget on the police, but nobody has pointed out that the other 60% is spent on toner ink.
 
2022-05-28 9:22:44 PM  
Unbelievable. They still have a local newspaper that publishes twice a week.
 
2022-05-28 9:28:00 PM  
It is a very appropriate front page. It truly  catches the emotion of the event.
 
2022-05-28 9:45:23 PM  
And every carrier's hands were black from that particular edition that day.
 
2022-05-28 9:51:52 PM  
Spending 40% on a troupe of pants-shiatting, cosplaying cowards. If they have *any* sort of sense they'll disband that whole clown crew.
 
2022-05-28 9:53:53 PM  
Stop saying barricaded. The door was locked. If it had been barricaded then the cops unlocking the door would have done nothing/very little.
 
2022-05-28 10:00:48 PM  
Does Sinclair have papers?  If so, they could have Biden on the front page with a smoking AR-15 saying "I did that!".
 
BBH
2022-05-28 10:01:33 PM  

whither_apophis: Stop saying barricaded. The door was locked. If it had been barricaded then the cops unlocking the door would have done nothing/very little.


Most of the doors, in newer schools, would open outwards, in case of fire.
 
2022-05-28 10:46:44 PM  
That's a lot of black ink.
 
2022-05-28 10:46:51 PM  
A reporter writing her own 10 year old daughters obituary is the saddest thing I've read today.
 
2022-05-28 10:55:09 PM  

Hoblit: That's a lot of black ink.


They buy it by the barrel.

'I never argue with a man who buys ink by the barrel.'" -Representative Charles Brownson


 
2022-05-29 4:37:58 AM  

SBinRR: Unbelievable. They still have a local newspaper that publishes twice a week.


Even more unbelievable is that a New Yorker article got through the Fark submission mojo.
 
2022-05-29 7:34:40 AM  

Bslim: Spending 40% on a troupe of pants-shiatting, cosplaying cowards. If they have *any* sort of sense they'll disband that whole clown crew.


They still have to spend the 40% on the replacement crew. My understanding is Texas law is requiring them to spend that much and only the lieutenant governor, because Texas does not trust its governor and gives him very little power, can you give them an exemption.
 
2022-05-29 9:51:27 AM  

Hoblit: That's a lot of black ink.


They figured it'd be cheaper to print white ink on black paper.
 
Displayed 15 of 15 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking




On Twitter


  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.