Skip to content
 
If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(The Hill)   Hate a clean environment and a sustainable planet? No problem. Back the Green New Deal out of selfish materialism   (thehill.com) divider line
    More: Interesting, Energy conservation, Conservation of energy, Energy, Thermodynamics, Introductory physics, Potential energy, Kinetic energy, Renewable energy  
•       •       •

953 clicks; posted to Politics » on 28 Sep 2020 at 7:54 PM (3 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook



30 Comments     (+0 »)
 
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest
 
2020-09-28 10:03:50 AM  
It isn't easy being green.
 
2020-09-28 11:00:14 AM  
Fark user imageView Full Size
 
2020-09-28 7:49:01 PM  

kdawg7736: It isn't easy being green.


RON Smash!

Fark user imageView Full Size
 
2020-09-28 7:58:00 PM  
"BY REP. ED PERLMUTTER (D-COLO.)"

Every day I'm happier and happier that I live in CO.
 
2020-09-28 7:58:14 PM  
But it might make someone else's life better!
 
2020-09-28 7:58:50 PM  
I like how that one Libertarian actually came to the conclusion that green laws didn't actually place a burden on companies, so the rest of them just shrugged their shoulders and pretended like it never happened.
 
2020-09-28 8:01:15 PM  
This is what regulations do.  They literally create jobs.  But the only job creation that matters to Trump voters are the ones at the golf courses Trump bought which are filled by people with H1-B visas.
 
2020-09-28 8:01:30 PM  

Tarl3k: "BY REP. ED PERLMUTTER (D-COLO.)"

Every day I'm happier and happier that I live in CO.


Same this place is pretty rad.

/don't tell anyone that though.
 
2020-09-28 8:01:49 PM  
Lol, the Christians will have their end times and there is jack-all the rest of us can do about it.
 
2020-09-28 8:03:08 PM  

Glorious Golden Ass: This is what regulations do.  They literally create jobs.


Upvoted "funny."
 
2020-09-28 8:04:24 PM  

kdawg7736: It isn't easy being green.


Bein' Green
Youtube zYptr7SdpHA
 
2020-09-28 8:07:56 PM  

Klyukva: Glorious Golden Ass: This is what regulations do.  They literally create jobs.

Upvoted "funny."


Ooh, brutal. A "Funny"!
Why don't you tell him how you have him "farkied" - that will REALLY stick it to that Lib!
 
2020-09-28 8:08:38 PM  
What the hell?  This is how you get four more years of Trump.
 
2020-09-28 8:09:52 PM  
Basically the way the Republicans do the math on this, from what I understand, is that if we stop giving the fossil fuel industries a billion dollars in financial aid, and give that money to the Windmills and solar panels, instead of counting that as a zero cost, they count it at a billion dollar loss to the fossil fuel industry, plus another billion dollar increase in windmills, so therefore it cost us 2 billion dollars.  At least that is the way it was explained to me, and it sounds about right for Republicans.
 
2020-09-28 8:13:03 PM  
I prefer to prop up the dominance of foreign oil and resources like coal, things we will never run out of.
 
2020-09-28 8:13:56 PM  
Same thing for universal health care.  Healthy people are more productive, they miss work less, if they have kids or dependants they miss less work caring for them, it frees up businesses from having to have her people to manage healthcare, allowing them to use those resources in a more productive way, since it's cheaper to have preventative care that means people have more free cash to spend growing the economy, and all that capital currently in insurance company stocks gets reallocated to other businesses also growing the economy, etc

The problem is that the right wing nut jobs don't get it. It's that what they say they believe isn't actually what they want. It's a fig leaf to cover their desire for power and control.
 
2020-09-28 8:16:35 PM  
This is what I've never understood about opponents of sustainable energy. There will always be a need for energy in one form or another, and the super-wealthy will still own the means of production, distribution, etc. They will have to switch over to it at some point anyway, because the old sources are running dry. What, they have to fark up the climate and destroy entire landscapes trying to get that last bit of oil out of the ground before they will move on to the inevitable process of switching over to other sources?
 
2020-09-28 8:29:40 PM  
This is good, don't get me wrong, but this is a typical liberal move. Yes, lets (try to) solve individual/personal contribution to climate change (which the article says amounts to about 20%) and ignore the other 80% that is caused by big industry which could be regulated and have a MUCH greater impact.
 
2020-09-28 8:31:49 PM  

The Wack: This is good, don't get me wrong, but this is a typical liberal move. Yes, lets (try to) solve individual/personal contribution to climate change (which the article says amounts to about 20%) and ignore the other 80% that is caused by big industry which could be regulated and have a MUCH greater impact.


It's a pattern.

Fark user imageView Full Size
 
2020-09-28 8:36:25 PM  

CaptainFatass: This is what I've never understood about opponents of sustainable energy. There will always be a need for energy in one form or another, and the super-wealthy will still own the means of production, distribution, etc. They will have to switch over to it at some point anyway, because the old sources are running dry. What, they have to fark up the climate and destroy entire landscapes trying to get that last bit of oil out of the ground before they will move on to the inevitable process of switching over to other sources?


The people who currently own oil do not want to give it up. It makes to much money. Also, how will the arms industry justify more weapons to fight over natural resources?
 
2020-09-28 8:39:12 PM  

Free Radical: Lol, the Christians will have their end times and there is jack-all the rest of us can do about it.


I unfortunately have to pander to my mom at least once every other week while she prattles on about it.

I'd argue other points, but she would never recover.  its that bad.
 
2020-09-28 8:51:30 PM  

The Wack: This is good, don't get me wrong, but this is a typical liberal move. Yes, lets (try to) solve individual/personal contribution to climate change (which the article says amounts to about 20%) and ignore the other 80% that is caused by big industry which could be regulated and have a MUCH greater impact.


You mean all those industries that work so hard to give you little trinket you ever dreamed of?

Fark user imageView Full Size
 
2020-09-28 9:01:35 PM  
That's the problem with the world these days. No one appreciates the idea of doing well while doing good anymore.
 
2020-09-28 9:03:40 PM  

ImmutableTenderloin: CaptainFatass: This is what I've never understood about opponents of sustainable energy. There will always be a need for energy in one form or another, and the super-wealthy will still own the means of production, distribution, etc. They will have to switch over to it at some point anyway, because the old sources are running dry. What, they have to fark up the climate and destroy entire landscapes trying to get that last bit of oil out of the ground before they will move on to the inevitable process of switching over to other sources?

The people who currently own oil do not want to give it up. It makes to much money. Also, how will the arms industry justify more weapons to fight over natural resources?


They must be at least smart enough to realize they are playing the seriously short game at this point.
 
2020-09-28 9:05:55 PM  

Klyukva: Glorious Golden Ass: This is what regulations do.  They literally create jobs.

Upvoted "funny."


Are you sure it's a joke?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/ar​t​icle/would-a-green-new-deal-add-or-kil​l-jobs1/

People usually scoff at that the can't (or won't) understand.
 
2020-09-28 9:20:11 PM  
But that'll pay off tomorrow and I want to get paid now.  Also, it's a lot of work for me to do that will benefit my kids and grandkids more than it will me, and I hate those twerps.  Damn youths with their tiktoks and wheelie shoes and what not.
 
2020-09-28 10:36:07 PM  
Green New Deal?  Nah I'll pass on that.
Cherenkov Blue New Deal?  Now we're talking.
 
2020-09-28 10:36:25 PM  

The Wack: This is good, don't get me wrong, but this is a typical liberal move. Yes, lets (try to) solve individual/personal contribution to climate change (which the article says amounts to about 20%) and ignore the other 80% that is caused by big industry which could be regulated and have a MUCH greater impact.


I think of it as part of the puzzle. Hopefully it also gets people thinking about the consumption habits which lead to the other 80%,.

Buy less trinkets, or at least buy trinkets made and shipped with sustainable practices.
 
2020-09-28 10:37:13 PM  
I'm happy that I get to vote for pearlmutter. Glad to see him working on stuff like this.
 
2020-09-29 10:59:20 AM  

Iworkformsn: Tarl3k: "BY REP. ED PERLMUTTER (D-COLO.)"

Every day I'm happier and happier that I live in CO.

Same this place is pretty rad.

/don't tell anyone that though.


Fark user imageView Full Size
 
Displayed 30 of 30 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking




On Twitter



  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.