Fark.com, the Web site, is a news aggregator and an edited social networking news site. Every day Fark receives 2,000 or so news submissions from its readership, from which our crack staff hand-pick the funny and weird notable news -- and not-news -- of the day.
Want to submit a link to Fark? Click on the Submit A Link link on Fark's main page.
Increase the chances of your submission being posted on Fark
- If you found the link on another link site or weblog etc, credit the source by putting its name in the Or: box on the submission page.
- Make the tagline funny.
- Make sure the submission is at least somewhat humorous.
- When making taglines for Photoshop or caption candidates, describe the picture.
- Try to make headlines have a noun and a verb. This isn't always possible.
- Don't link directly to video files; link to pages where videos can be watched instead (such as Youtube)
- Don't spam the queue repetitively.
- Don't capitalize every word like news headlines; write normally.
- Avoid the use of articles, just like news headlines. Instead of "A man discovers that he has two asses" write "Man discovers he has two asses."
- Did we mention "make the tagline funny"?
- Articles from the following sites will automatically be rejected:
- Sites that shut themselves down after getting a lot of traffic, like Geocities did when it was alive
- Any site requiring logins or registration to read articles
- Any site/user even remotely relating to "SEO" or "social bookmarking" or that's obviously selling something (which we consider "spammers"). If you wish to advertise on Fark, please fill out the form here.
- Don't get discouraged if your link doesn't get picked -- we get thousands of link submissions a day, and less than 5% make it to the Fark main page. However, they all show up for TotalFark subscribers.
- You do not need to be a TotalFark subscriber to get a submission approved.
- We may occasionally swap out a source link to another. These occasions can include, but are not limited to the following situations:
- The original article link becoming unavailable or 404'd ("Farked™");
- A larger, preferred site we know can better handle the traffic spike;
- A request by the target site or the link submitter;
- Swapping to the article's original page instead of a summary or direct duplication on a blog or non-originating site.
Fark is a news aggregator, not a "social bookmarking" site. Submitting to Fark will not affect your ranking in search engines, even if it is in the 5% of links that get hand-picked by our staff... and because they are hand-picked by our staff instead of by our users or automatically being selected based on volume or popularity, spamming us won't get your link listed... so SEO/social bookmarking spammers, don't waste your time (or ours).