Skip to content

Host: DisseminationMonkey
Description: Thurs. Feb. 28 - San Francisco Fark Party: Rebecca Watson's Scientists vs. Comedians Quiz-O-Tron with Drew, then drinks somewhere after
Date/Time: February 28, 2019 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Links to tweet and eventbrite in Boobies.

From eventbright:

Thu, February 28, 2019

7:00 PM - 8:30 PM PST

Quiz-o-Tron is the world's greatest science-themed comedy panel quiz show in which comedians battle scientists for the ultimate prize of wearing the Quiz-o-Tron belt! Join Rebecca Watson, Drew Curtis (Fark.com), Keith Lowell Jensen (Bad Comedy For Bad People), Sarafina Nance (astrophysics PhD), and Alex Smith (computer vision researcher) for all the raucous, nerdy, boozy fun!

Tickets $15 in advance through eventbrite link in boobies, $20 at the door

Meet at: PianoFight Second Stage
144 Taylor St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
(open map in new window)

1039 clicks; posted to Main » on 28 Feb 2019 at 10:59 AM (7 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2019-02-22 03:12:42 AM

2019-02-22 07:14:46 AM
Thursday.   Damn.

For all attendees, I'd like to highly recommend you take public transit to the party, as I really don't want to end up ruining your night with a towed car.  Not just because you're a lush who deserves it, but also because you couldn't decipher the parking signs when getting out of your car stone cold sober.

The good news is that BART has Powell St station 2 blocks away and will keep going until a little after midnight.  Alternatively, Uber and Lyft both have a major presence in the city.

What im getting at is that I'm going to be jealous that I'm working while you go, so don't fark up.

2019-02-22 07:28:09 AM
I'd go just to see Bill.  If I lived annnnnywhere near there.

2019-02-22 09:09:53 AM

Prevailing Wind: I'd go just to see Bill.  If I lived annnnnywhere near there.

Who's Bill?

2019-02-22 09:11:16 AM
Picture shows bill Corbett

2019-02-22 09:16:35 AM

Prevailing Wind: Picture shows bill Corbett

Life has taught me that no matter what the pictures say, if it's not in the 1000 words, it's not included.

2019-02-22 03:26:26 PM
slorry, having cataract surgery that week

2019-02-22 04:01:13 PM

E_Henry_Thripshaws_Disease: slorry, having cataract surgery that week

I think you're just not seeing the value in this event.

2019-02-28 12:49:14 AM
I get it... Wait until I'm out of the country and have a party. That's fine. No big deal. I'm fine.

2019-02-28 11:21:43 AM
Can someone stop around Omaha this afternoon and pick me up? I'm always down for a good bar trivia challenge.

2019-02-28 12:14:16 PM
So that's what Ms. Watson has been up to since The Skeptic's Guide To The Universe.

I'm at the opposite end of the continent or I'd go just to hear some funny and intelligent discourse.

2019-02-28 12:33:23 PM
sick as a dog today....

otherwise.

have fun
stay safe

2019-02-28 12:36:17 PM
It'd be cool if there was a stream.  Sounds kind of like that one NPR show Ask Me Another but WITH SCIENCE!

2019-02-28 01:52:28 PM
har har

2019-02-28 02:48:52 PM
Darn, wish I could make it. Piano Fight is pretty dope, though. Have fun everyone!

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.