Do you have adblock enabled?
Host: Sir Cumference the Flatulent
Description: Fark Around The World: EuroFark 2014 - Oct 3-5 - Prague, Czech Republic
Date/Time: October 3, 2014 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: We're having the annual EuroFark party to coincide with the World Fark Party in Chicago. Prague is one of the most amazing cities in the world, and it has an incredible party atmosphere too.

We'll meet up first on Friday night 10/3 at 7:00pm:
Rocky O'Reilly's
Stepanska 32, Praha 1

which is about a block off Wenceslas Square (Vaclavsky namesti - the central square in the city), which is also not far from the central train station. That should be a good jumping-off point for the numerous bars directly in the area.

Saturday during the day is pretty open, but there are plenty of attractions in the Old Town to visit, such as Charles Bridge. We can set up a tour or just roam the city ourselves.

Saturday evening, we'll meet up for dinner at:
U Fleku
Kremencova 11
Praha 1

This historic brewery and restaurant has been in business for more than 500 years, so it's safe to say they know what they're doing. They have some of the best Czech food in town.

Here's the Facebook link (C&P into your browser): https://www.facebook.com/events/679408048783496/

Here's a map of the venues:
i.imgur.com

Please let me know as soon as you can so I can get a good idea of headcount (especially for the restaurant).

1947 clicks; posted to Main » on 03 Oct 2014 at 7:59 AM (42 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2014-08-01 09:25:36 AM
U Fleku... nice

2014-08-01 09:27:37 AM

make me some tea: U Fleku... nice

Been there? It's great...ate there last time I was in town.

2014-08-01 09:33:09 AM

Sir Cumference the Flatulent: make me some tea: U Fleku... nice

Been there? It's great...ate there last time I was in town.

Unfortunately no, but I really wanted to, just ran out of time. Next time, definitely.

2014-08-01 09:34:15 AM
www.digital-guide.cz

2014-08-01 09:35:55 AM

make me some tea: Sir Cumference the Flatulent: make me some tea: U Fleku... nice

Been there? It's great...ate there last time I was in town.

Tasted even better last time because it was on the company dime.

2014-08-01 12:03:11 PM

/U Fleku can at least justify its prices by being a micro brewery. Rocky's is just a shiatehole vortex of twatbaggery.

2014-08-01 12:24:25 PM

MinkeyMan: I hate to be all 'your favourite band sucks', but both of those places are tourist traps (which I'm OK with) and horrendously over priced (which I'm not OK with). Farkers like me on local wages (or on local wages anywhere in Eastern Europe) might balk at paying more than double normal beer prices.

With EuroFark parties, these places are just the starting point. We've been lucky enough that local Farkers have pointed out the good spots at past parties (Amsterdam, Liverpool, etc)..

2014-08-01 12:58:35 PM
Oh fair enough then. Not sure I'll be able to attend myself, but I will have a think and see if I can come up with some recommendations. I'm guessing places within easy walking distance of the center would be preferred?

2014-08-01 01:08:24 PM
Oooh.
No promises at this stage, but a trek over there from Hungary would be a welcome break.

2014-08-01 01:18:23 PM
I'm going to page  Cajnik into here sonce he's local too.

2014-08-01 03:44:31 PM
I won't be in Prague for it, but I can say that U Fleku has amazing beer (overpriced by local standards though). I have never actually been inside the place but worked briefly at a long-defunct bar across the street and the U Fleku staff would come in when they closed (they close early, we closed late). Once they brought some of their beer over and shared it with us, and it was some of the best beer I have ever had.

I never went in for it because U Fleku is as noted overpriced and also I hate polka music, which always seems to be playing there.

Note: Apparently the staff walk around with trays of shots and offer them to people at tables. The shots SEEM to be free but in fact are not only put on your tab but at a cost of 2-3 times the normal price elsewhere. So a few of you have been warned.

2014-08-01 05:39:04 PM
Yea U Fleku is way overrated. Damn accordian player was too damn loud and the food was meh. Great town otherwise. Like going there during Christmas because the Christmas market in the main square is cool. Great beer and my gods the women.

2014-08-01 07:42:04 PM

Sir Cumference the Flatulent: I'm going to page  Cajnik into here

Hola. I should be around.

What is it with you farkers and Irish pubs? :D There's no need for Irish beer in Prague, there's plenty of Czech beer to go around.

Jama around the corner from Rocky O'Rieillys might be an option later. 'Merican owned and has a Czech beer menu from the Lobkowicz family of 5-10 beers in the 35kc range. http://www.jamapub.cz/en/

/Yes, to locals, $3.15usd is overpriced for a beer. We insist on closer to $1.50usd, If you want to get out to the boonies the real fun begins.
//which is why you farkers should come. For the cheap beer.

2014-08-01 07:55:16 PM
Pilsner Fest is that Saturday.

http://www.pilsner-urquell.cz/pilsner-fest.html  (czech only) - the short version, it's the Pilsner Urquell brewery's birthday party. Entrance should be free and Prague to Plzen is a 1 hour train ride, with trains leaving every hour. The brewery is walking distance from the train station - a very easy day trip.

2014-08-02 11:17:34 AM

2014-08-02 06:39:00 PM
Sorry kids, saving up to visit home  (Chicago). Please do go to The Ropemaker's Wife. They serve you brown beer there to make your boobs larger. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2014-08-07 09:57:19 PM
aoktrouble: Jama is better than Rockys.  Any chance folks would be up for a beer Saturday, September 13 in Prague???Absolutely. I just need about $2,000 and a few days off.

2014-09-03 08:56:11 PM

One day someone called the bar and asked if there was a ball game on TV, and who was playing.
She looked up and saw there was a Cubs vs. Houston game on, abbreviated "Cubs vs. Hous" on the crawler.

She spoke into the phone, "Yah, there's a game on."

"It's the Cubes and the Hoes."

2014-09-19 09:21:08 PM

She spoke into the phone, "Yah, there's a game on."

"It's the Cubes and the Hoes."

I'll see your Cubes and Hoes and raise you my friend's Swiss wife.

"how are your classes going, Ursula?"

"good, except when John buggers me when I'm trying to study"

oh, and nothing holds a candle to Mystic Pizza in Prague in the tourist trap category. If some farker could drop by and torch the place, I would appreciate it.

U DVOU SRDCI, very, very good

2014-09-19 10:51:41 PM
www.mmaplayground.com

2014-09-21 08:59:06 AM

Damn. It's my long week. But I'll be more than willing to raise hell after 10:30...

2014-09-21 09:03:18 AM
/And anywhere is better than Rockys.
//And preview is my friend.
///tři!!!

2014-09-30 03:37:43 AM

/I haven't posted on Fark in a while, maybe 4 years.

2014-10-01 03:27:40 PM

/I haven't posted on Fark in a while, maybe 4 years.

How about we start at Rocky's and move from there? These EuroFark parties tend to roll from one bar to another.

2014-10-01 05:44:39 PM

/I haven't posted on Fark in a while, maybe 4 years.

Deal.

2014-10-01 06:10:31 PM

Cajnik: Sir Cumference the Flatulent: Poop_Master_Flex: I'll agree with the sentiment above, anything is better than Rockys, and UFlecku is not to my taste. I'm not a big fan of Jama either, but if you change the Friday to Jama or anything else I will probably come (I should be in town this weekend).

/I haven't posted on Fark in a while, maybe 4 years.

Deal.

Email me (in profile). I'll shoot you my contact info.

2014-10-02 08:25:09 PM
Have fun you guys! Sorry we couldn't make it this year, but we just returned from Europe (Greece). Maybe next year!

2014-10-03 08:45:01 AM
I think it's cool you put this together.  Have fun.

2014-10-03 08:51:08 AM

farkinsinism: dryknife: There was a Czech girl working at the local pub here a while back. Generally, she spoke and read English better than most of the redneck clientele, but was still learning some things.

She spoke into the phone, "Yah, there's a game on."

"It's the Cubes and the Hoes."

farkinsinism: I'll see your Cubes and Hoes and raise you my friend's Swiss wife.

"how are your classes going, Ursula?"

"good, except when John buggers me when I'm trying to study"

Then there was the time that my Colombian wife was in Austin with me for a job interview. She was with a realtor all day looking at houses, so we go by the hotel to pick her up for dinner after the interviews. My prospective boss, and a VP from the company are driving us, and one of them asks her how her explorations of Austin went.

Her: "I found some really nice condoms!" (happy smile)

Stunned silence.

Me: "I think she means condos".

2014-10-03 09:04:40 AM
Have fun with Ze Germans, guys! It's German Unity Day, so everyone in Saxony and Bavaria (especially the Oktoberfest refugees) celebrates by heading to Prague for a long weekend.

2014-10-03 12:00:36 PM
In case anyone wants to join up follow where we are on twitter. Hashtag #eurofark14

2014-10-03 08:25:09 PM
Yet another one I couldn't make it to. Have fun, fellow Eurofarkers!

2014-10-04 04:03:08 AM
I can't view the Facebook page.