Host: Unfreakable
Description: Final call for World Fark Party IV - Chicago, Illinois: October 4. Now with tacos
Date/Time: October 4, 2014 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: This is the fourth annual World Fark Party, to be held in Chicago this year. Here's the agenda for the weekend:

Friday, October 3

6pm: Meetup at Timothy O'Tooles (622 N Fairbanks Ct) gather the group, drinks, hugs and general assgrabbery

7pm: Wicker Park Taco Tour (Damen Ave, Milwaukee Ave), post TFD threads about tacos, eat tacos erotically

9pm: Emporium Wicker Park (1366 N Milwaukee), drink heavily, play videogames, more assgrabbery

Saturday, October 4

2pm: Meetup at Rock Bottom Brewery (State and Grand), more alcohol-enhanced revelry, break off into teams, kickoff of the Great Chicago Scavenger Hunt

5pm: End of Scavenger Hunt - Meetup at Timothy O'Toole's to count points, mock lesser teams (if champions), spread conspiratorial rumors about cheating (if not champions)

7pm - 10pm: Official World Fark Party IV - Deuces and the Diamond (3505 N. Clark St)

Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/750911581595200

The central hub will be the Doubletree on Ohio Street:

Doubletree Magnificent Mile
300 E. Ohio Street
Chicago, Illinois 60611
(312) 787-6100

Location: Deuce's and The Diamond
3505 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 644-5554
(view map)

4079 clicks; posted to Main » on 04 Oct 2014 at 7:30 AM (11 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | » | Last | Show all

2014-07-02 05:20:33 PM
I shall be there.

2014-07-02 05:21:31 PM

Skyday: I shall be there.

There's a "I'm going" voting thing right below the party description. Would you click that?

2014-07-02 05:21:54 PM

/just sayin.

2014-07-02 05:23:18 PM
Why call it a world party? What about the Euro Farkers?

/obligatory

2014-07-02 05:23:46 PM

Unfreakable: Skyday: I shall be there.

Done.  (was hard to catch... two monitors + painting + tequila)

2014-07-02 05:23:58 PM
Oh, I might actually make it to this one, but it involves entering the city....

/ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

2014-07-02 05:24:03 PM

LaMolecule: The Lincoln Tap Room is a divey dive dive that is not necessarily easy to get to from the Doubletree by public transport.

/just sayin.

2014-07-02 05:24:44 PM
So wait, it's NOT at Hedonism II?

Crap.

2014-07-02 05:24:49 PM
I could practically walk there from my apartment, but I'm going to be out of town that weekend.  Bummer.

2014-07-02 05:26:28 PM
Looks like I'll be missing it this year. :(

Have fun, folks!

2014-07-02 05:26:51 PM

2014-07-02 05:26:53 PM
i thought the lincoln tap room was "farkers only" anyways, after what NaSkAr done did (RIP) ...

... we still intend to be there, weather and authorities permitting -  Quigs has a certain hockey bet to make good on :) plus all the other stuff too, of course ...

2014-07-02 05:28:12 PM
That RSVP thingie right in this here thread is pretty fancy.

2014-07-02 05:28:24 PM
fark YEAH, IT WOULDN'T BE A PARTY WITHOUT ME, A BUNCH OF STRIPPERS, AND BOOZE.

(and probably some novelty item filled with more booze,)

2014-07-02 05:29:36 PM
Ras-Algethi, reporting for duty!

Heh. Doody.

2014-07-02 05:29:52 PM

KingoftheCheese: Why call it a world party? What about the Euro Farkers?

/obligatory

Eurofarkers will have their own party. On the same day, I believe. Will defer to Sir Cumference the Flatulent

2014-07-02 05:30:30 PM
Oh yes.

2014-07-02 05:30:36 PM
I'll be there, seeing as I live in Chicago.

2014-07-02 05:30:51 PM

I'll look into it. Do you have any contacts there?

2014-07-02 05:31:40 PM
I'm planning on being there.

2014-07-02 05:32:37 PM
Becky and I should be there, so count me down for 2

2014-07-02 05:33:03 PM
I heard Al_Ed was gonna be there...

2014-07-02 05:33:08 PM
I'm fairly sure it's in the cards, unless my move gets pushed up by a couple months.

2014-07-02 05:33:35 PM

KingoftheCheese: I heard Al_Ed was gonna be there...

LOLOL

2014-07-02 05:34:04 PM

vincent_blackshadow: Quigs has a certain hockey bet to make good on :)

God I hope it involves a tiny sombrero

thepersonalgoddess: fark YEAH, IT WOULDN'T BE A PARTY WITHOUT ME, A BUNCH OF STRIPPERS, AND BOOZE.

(and probably some novelty item filled with more booze,)

Hell yes!

jessie: Oh yes.

Double hell yes.

WhyteRaven74: I'll be there, seeing as I live in Chicago.

I think I still owe you a beer from New Orleans. I intend to pay up.

2014-07-02 05:34:07 PM

Unfreakable: It's a placeholder at the moment. I'm hoping we can narrow down a meeting place just for us that's closer to the main hotel, but I've been holding out on submitting this with that in the air and I wanted to get this out to you all.

Sweet. Lemme know if you need help!

2014-07-02 05:35:26 PM
Don't forget the 6 beers you owe me, Tony.

2014-07-02 05:37:10 PM
The only thing weird about these now is that the vast majority of people that come to these things don't have post on TFD anymore.

2014-07-02 05:37:21 PM

Skyday: I shall be there.

Ras-Algethi: Ras-Algethi, reporting for duty!

rezin8: I'm planning on being there.

utsagrad123: Becky and I should be there, so count me down for 2

jessie: Oh yes.

WhyteRaven74: I'll be there, seeing as I live in Chicago.

whooooooo!

Raging Thespian: Looks like I'll be missing it this year. :(

sh*t

Unfreakable: God I hope it involves a tiny sombrero

medium rare, with lobster

2014-07-02 05:37:28 PM

2014-07-02 05:38:59 PM
vincent_blackshadow:

You gonna get ... hugged.  Hard.

2014-07-02 05:39:16 PM

vincent_blackshadow: Quigs has a certain hockey bet to make good on

dammit

scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net

2014-07-02 05:40:12 PM

aquigley: vincent_blackshadow: Quigs has a certain hockey bet to make good on

dammit

[scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net image 850x637]

Man, I hope those are from your face...

2014-07-02 05:41:10 PM

vincent_blackshadow: Skyday: I shall be there.

Ras-Algethi: Ras-Algethi, reporting for duty!

rezin8: I'm planning on being there.

utsagrad123: Becky and I should be there, so count me down for 2

jessie: Oh yes.

WhyteRaven74: I'll be there, seeing as I live in Chicago.

whooooooo!

Raging Thespian: Looks like I'll be missing it this year. :(

sh*t

Unfreakable: God I hope it involves a tiny sombrero

medium rare, with lobster

I'M SO EXCITED.

We might have a Fark baby shower for Charlie too. :)

2014-07-02 05:41:28 PM
I'll be in attendance, as well as a friend.

2014-07-02 05:42:01 PM
I'm gonna hug aquigley

2014-07-02 05:42:44 PM

solaufein: I'll be in attendance, as well as a friend.

Dude! Long time no see.

2014-07-02 05:42:53 PM
Maybe.

Some of you scare me.

2014-07-02 05:43:12 PM

Unfreakable: chitownmike: Club Lago does private parties, is affordable and walking distance from the double tree

I'll look into it. Do you have any contacts there?

I do talk to either Guido Or GianCarlo they are the brothers that own the place. It's an old school Italian place with a good sized, fun bar and good food

2014-07-02 05:43:21 PM

aquigley: vincent_blackshadow: Quigs has a certain hockey bet to make good on

dammit

[scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net image 850x637]

Dude. Shave your pubes into the toilet, next time.

2014-07-02 05:43:34 PM
I'm renting a party van to drive the Texas contingent in. Please try not to puke in it.

MBK [TotalFark]
2014-07-02 05:47:06 PM
I'LL BE THERE

WITH HUGS

AND HUGS

2014-07-02 05:47:17 PM

jessie: vincent_blackshadow:

You gonna get ... hugged.  Hard.

we're counting on it ............... hard

aquigley: dammit

i know; i'm still recovering ... unshaven!

LaMolecule: I'M SO EXCITED. We might have a Fark baby shower for Charlie too. :)

i'd shave for you & boomer ...

skybreaker: I'm gonna hug aquigley

go for the unshaven parts

2014-07-02 05:48:11 PM

LaMolecule: Sweet. Lemme know if you need help!

I'll take you up on that.

KingoftheCheese: Don't forget the 6 beers you owe me, Tony.

Weird, I had you down as 12 beers. Let me scratch off the other 6

rickythepenguin: Damn.  Southwest offering basically $200 round trip. Hmmmmm......Who's got sofa space?  Who's got a heady kickdown for your boy?  kick down so i can git down!

Find a way, man. Find a way there.

2014-07-02 05:49:07 PM

2014-07-02 05:49:57 PM

chitownmike: I do talk to either Guido Or GianCarlo they are the brothers that own the place. It's an old school Italian place

"Mommy, what was the 'Valentine's Day Massacre'?"

2014-07-02 05:50:03 PM

KingoftheCheese: If I drank 12 whole beers, I'd have to get treated for alcohol poisoning. We better stick to the 6.

I'll drink my 12, then I'll drink your other 6.

2014-07-02 05:52:47 PM

LaMolecule: vincent_blackshadow: Skyday: I shall be there.

Ras-Algethi: Ras-Algethi, reporting for duty!

rezin8: I'm planning on being there.

utsagrad123: Becky and I should be there, so count me down for 2

jessie: Oh yes.

WhyteRaven74: I'll be there, seeing as I live in Chicago.

whooooooo!

Raging Thespian: Looks like I'll be missing it this year. :(

sh*t

Unfreakable: God I hope it involves a tiny sombrero

medium rare, with lobster

I'M SO EXCITED.

We might have a Fark baby shower for Charlie too. :)

DO IT.

I already have her gift picked out. :D

2014-07-02 05:53:02 PM
all of the pube jokes

2014-07-02 05:56:04 PM

aquigley: all of the pube jokes

And one sombrero joke.