Do you have adblock enabled?

Host: Dumb-Ass-Monkey
Description: San Fran-Farking-Cisco, it's party time. Friday, July 11, 7pm til whenever, at the legendary Lefty O'Doul's. Details in thread
Date/Time: July 11, 2014 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: This party is to welcome KarmicHoax back to the Bay Area for a weekend, as well as bidding a very fond farewell to Semper Gumby, as she prepares to move away. So lets all of us get together and have a helluva time as we say goodbye and hello.

Plans are being made to continue the festivities into Saturday. Pub Crawl, it looks like, Plus hanging out during the day. Sunday is also open for those who want to make a full weekend out of it.

Location: Lefty O'Douls
333 Geary St
San Francisco, CA
(415) 982-8900
(view map)

1568 clicks; posted to Main » on 11 Jul 2014 at 7:59 AM (1 year ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Last | Show all

2014-06-11 08:09:34 PM
I might actually check this out.

2014-06-11 08:15:30 PM

Badafuco: I think they prefer to call it 'Frisco' up there.

/ducks

Only elitists and transplants care if you say Frisco, the working class, the black, and Latino communities actually use the word. I say t just because it pisses off the right people.

/SJ

2014-06-11 08:17:47 PM

If you're into wine tasting, there's a lot of wineries in the south bay, some with hiking trails, if that's your thing.

If you like Japanese Gardens, you might want to check out Hakone Gardens in Saratoga, they filmed parts of memoirs of a geisha there.
They are having their Matsuri festival on the 18th
http://www.mercurynews.com/saratoga/ci_25718453/saratoga-matsuri-wil l- celebrate-everything-japanese

South First Friday is still a thing, right?

2014-06-11 08:19:26 PM
I'll pass, as I am in the South Bay with a six year old and no sitters.

Next one near San Jose, count me in.

2014-06-11 08:20:20 PM
how many of these parties descend into a bacchanalian orgy?

i might go if i could get laid by a busty farkette!

2014-06-11 08:53:23 PM

TheJoe03: o'really: linker3000: Rats - I'm flying in to SFO from the UK next Sat (17 May) for 3 weeks of tech training in San Jose. Too darn early! Any recommendations for things I could do while I'm over. I definitely want to see something of SF one weekend.

They are having their Matsuri festival on the 18th

South First Friday is still a thing, right?

of course. there's one in campbell the same night.

2014-06-11 09:21:51 PM
I have to be in Berkeley that evening, probably won't have a chance to make it across the Bay for this. I'll try, but unfortunately it's probably not gonna happen.

I'm sure you're all heartbroken, right?

2014-06-11 09:58:48 PM
I go in stealth mode because I never post, but the last one I went to was fun. I'll try to make it.

2014-06-11 10:16:24 PM

2014-06-11 10:30:31 PM

Bob Falfa: Sure, have a San Francisco party now that I don't live there.  *sad trombone*

This.

Shouldn't be at Lefty's either. It's ok but better places abound.

2014-06-11 10:57:51 PM
Let's get real, next time -
Heinold's First & Last Chance
 Oakland

2014-06-11 11:06:44 PM

feckingmorons: I'd go but gay people go to San Francisco and they are always dressed better than I.

-1. We get it about how you feel about the gay people even though nobody else gives a rat's ass who puts their penis where. But what we really want to know is: why do you think we care about how you or anyone else is dressed.

2014-06-11 11:12:24 PM

Has Lefty's improved their air conditioning any?

Air conditioning? In San Francisco? How do you know Lefty's even has air conditioning? Usually it's never hot enough here to need it.

2014-06-11 11:18:14 PM

there are some who call me...: I am moving to San Francisco from San Diego for work on July 1, would it be okay if a recent transplant looking to make new friends joins in on your fun?

DEFINITELY. See ya there🙋🍷🕖

2014-06-12 12:14:05 AM
Be sure to support your NFC West, and Superbowl Champion, Seattle Seahawks while you are there.

2014-06-12 02:35:37 AM
I'll touch all y'all in the naughty places.

2014-06-12 12:22:08 PM

Kevin72: Mike: Hm.  California Extreme is that weekend, too, which I've been meaning to go to for years.

Has Lefty's improved their air conditioning any?

The back room at Lefty's is an oven and as of the last SF Fark Party, the A/C didn't work back there.

2014-06-12 04:01:33 PM

Kevin72: The huffer was at our last FARK party. Or was it the Mustard Man?

[s25.postimg.org image 360x480]
image hosting site over 5mb

It doesn't work if the pic is cropped and you can't see the WARRIORS T-shirt.  I'll be there.

www.thesmokinggun.com

2014-06-20 11:50:47 PM

Has Lefty's improved their air conditioning any?

San Francisco in July? Bring a jacket!

2014-06-27 08:00:26 PM
Bro, I'll be there.

2014-06-27 08:50:23 PM

Heamer: Bro, I'll be there.

jealous.  have fun urrbody.

and karmichoax, hey man.  how ya been?

2014-06-28 12:09:21 AM

2014-07-03 06:57:22 PM
almost time for me to touch your bums.

2014-07-04 08:05:35 PM
San Francisky? So did you drove or did you flew?

2014-07-04 08:14:43 PM
farkfarkfark!

why do you guys always do this when i'm out of town? what did i ever do to you?

2014-07-04 08:23:04 PM

Heamer: Bro, I'll be there.

DAMMIT

2014-07-04 09:37:51 PM

JayCab: Somehow I didn't know where this place was actually located, so I looked it up to see if there would be a problem with crowds due to a Giants game (they're at home that night against the D'Bags). Turns out there shouldn't be, since it's far from the park, and I found out that the place has an inside view available thanks to Google. Kinda cool.

Google maps has it as a 28 minute, 1.3 mile walk. Straight shot 3rd to Kearney/Geary, and a few blocks up Geary from there.

2014-07-04 09:41:32 PM

Kevin72: If it's July 11, I will come with my luggage. Or not. I'm scheduled for a 1:20am flight to Saigon right after the party.

As mentioned May 5, I'll arrive early with my luggage, and dissapear to SFO about 9pm.

2014-07-04 09:49:16 PM

MOGGEE: Kevin72: The huffer was at our last FARK party. Or was it the Mustard Man?

[s25.postimg.org image 360x480]
image hosting site over 5mb

[www.thesmokinggun.com image 500x585]

Picture not cropped (???) But, here is The Huffer, who was at the March 2013 FARK party, THIS TIME COMPLETE WITH WARRIORS T-SHIRT.

s25.postimg.org

2014-07-04 10:15:17 PM
Mmm. Bay Area Farkers? Might have to swing up from San Jose.

2014-07-04 10:23:58 PM
How could I not this time. I work a short walk from there and I'm off my meds!

2014-07-05 01:23:35 AM

eris523: farkfarkfark!

why do you guys always do this when i'm out of town? what did i ever do to you?

Same here. Arrived in KC last week, the week after the FARK party. Eleventh out of town from SF. The only two weekends I'm away from Bay this summer.

2014-07-05 01:37:55 AM
Don't worry, y'all.

I'm planning on setting up an Autumn Party too. Late September, early October.

2014-07-05 09:05:43 AM

Dumb-Ass-Monkey: Late September, early October.

The big party in Chicago is early October.

2014-07-06 07:51:14 PM

Mike: Dumb-Ass-Monkey: Late September, early October.

The big party in Chicago is early October.

ok then, perhaps a different date

2014-07-10 08:37:42 PM
Lefty O'Doul's is kind of an older tourist "must see" when in San Francisco. That part of Union Square is still quite legit. However, just a short walk to the South is the Tenderloin district. There, you can spend all your $$$ and all the night away with many genders and races of escorts.

The next morning you can go to Honey Honey and spend $5 for a mimosa and a damn good breakfast. Although it's not Disneyland, I recommend Honey Honey.

2014-07-10 08:44:15 PM

2014-07-10 09:24:52 PM

Why drive? Take BART to Powell. Walk 10 minutes.

2014-07-10 10:28:33 PM

Why drive? Take BART to Powell. Walk 10 minutes.

Because I would probably go straight there from work (in San Mateo).

2014-07-11 01:30:21 AM
Looks like I'll probably be able to make this, at least for an hour or two. Spending the night in north beach, maybe I'll park there and see if i can find a bus over. Or I'll just drunkenly walk a mile back.

2014-07-11 10:03:13 AM
I left SF on Wednesday night, Fark. One week too late.

/5300 miles is too far to cover

2014-07-11 12:06:47 PM

OgreMagi: Delay: OgreMagi: I'm conflicted.  I've never been to a fark party, but I seriously hate driving into The City, especially on a Friday night.

Why drive? Take BART to Powell. Walk 10 minutes.

Because I would probably go straight there from work (in San Mateo).

Park at Millbrae, BART in.  Problem solved, and it's free.

2014-07-11 12:19:27 PM

Why drive? Take BART to Powell. Walk 10 minutes.

Because I would probably go straight there from work (in San Mateo).

Caltra... I couldn't finish. Sigh, Bay Area public transit.

2014-07-11 04:32:32 PM

sephjnr: I left SF on Wednesday night, Fark. One week too late.

/5300 miles is too far to cover

Sorry to whine further, but in my entire ten-day stay in SF I did not discover a single instance of the alien artifact known as a "TV guide". All six branches of Walgreens in a one-mile circle of Market St. were all 'WTF is a TV guide", the one I DID find was four weeks out of date and the one person I asked in a CVS claimed their supplier went under and they were having problems.

Couldn't get any on-screen listings in the hotel room as the "Guide" button remote pointed to just a channel list, not what was actually on. But for a major city that's actually quite shocking IMO.

2014-07-11 06:16:56 PM
Don't forget that BART only runs until about 12:30 AM or so.

2014-07-11 06:28:50 PM
Got my drinking shoes on.

2014-07-11 09:38:37 PM

sephjnr: sephjnr: I left SF on Wednesday night, Fark. One week too late.

/5300 miles is too far to cover

This is a valid complaint, as all SF is known for is its world class television. Nothing else, at all. At all.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

2014-07-11 10:58:04 PM
How will i know where you people are? Will there be name tags? A certain corner of the bar to search?

2014-07-11 11:12:44 PM
We're here! In the back, along the wall! Come join the merriment and/or debauchery!

2014-07-11 11:15:01 PM
Dammit so much I can't get up there tonight.  Have a blast, be safer.  No one can be safe, but you can always be safer.  Catch ya next time.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Last | Show all