Do you have adblock enabled?
Host: Dumb-Ass-Monkey
Description: San Fran-Farking-Cisco, it's party time. Friday, July 11, 7pm til whenever, at the legendary Lefty O'Doul's. Details in thread
Date/Time: July 11, 2014 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: This party is to welcome KarmicHoax back to the Bay Area for a weekend, as well as bidding a very fond farewell to Semper Gumby, as she prepares to move away. So lets all of us get together and have a helluva time as we say goodbye and hello.

Plans are being made to continue the festivities into Saturday. Pub Crawl, it looks like, Plus hanging out during the day. Sunday is also open for those who want to make a full weekend out of it.

Location: Lefty O'Douls
333 Geary St
San Francisco, CA
(415) 982-8900
(view map)

1531 clicks; posted to Main » on 11 Jul 2014 at 7:59 AM (51 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2014-05-10 06:35:38 PM
Sure, have a San Francisco party now that I don't live there.  *sad trombone*

2014-05-10 06:52:26 PM
Web cams

2014-05-10 07:18:13 PM
I may be able to make that one!

2014-05-10 07:53:10 PM

We waited til you were gone

2014-05-10 07:54:27 PM
This one! This one! I gotta make one of these Fark parties.

2014-05-10 07:56:22 PM
JUNE 11 or JULY 11❔

The thread says Friday June 11.

2014-05-10 07:56:41 PM
I'm so proud of him for taking initiative, one of my friends, throwing a party. My heart soars.

2014-05-10 07:59:49 PM

2014-05-10 08:01:05 PM
*dances*

2014-05-10 08:01:14 PM

Kevin72: JUNE 11 or JULY 11❔

The thread says Friday June 11.

fixed

thanks, I didn't even realize I had typed June instead of July.

2014-05-10 08:03:04 PM
You know what I really like about San Francisco? Nothing.

2014-05-10 08:09:08 PM
The huffer was at our last FARK party. Or was it the Mustard Man?

s25.postimg.org
image hosting site over 5mb

2014-05-10 08:09:48 PM
woooooooooooo

2014-05-10 08:11:43 PM
Sorry.

NSFW

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/sheila63_photos/flirty/booty - dance_zpsd2df034c.gif

2014-05-10 08:13:39 PM
Oh yeah. It was the Huffer at the SF FARK party. The Mustard Man was at the 2012 FARK Convention in Las Vegas.

s25.postimg.org
free upload

2014-05-10 08:24:54 PM

Dumb-Ass-Monkey: Bob Falfa: Sure, have a San Francisco party now that I don't live there.  *sad trombone*

We waited til you were gone

Dammit! I knew you all were up to something. Of course, I'm only 200 miles away.........hmmm

2014-05-10 08:27:28 PM

umadbro: You know what I really like about San Francisco? Nothing.

You sound like somebody who has never lived in San Francisco. Or maybe you're just a moron. Either way, please stay home some people with taste & class can enjoy the party.

2014-05-10 08:52:27 PM
I want to be there.

2014-05-10 09:04:38 PM

2014-05-10 09:22:21 PM

generalDisdain: Eclectic and I would love to go, but we aren't sure if our move to the Bay Area will be in July or August.

if you're here in July, please come!

2014-05-10 09:24:00 PM
My very first Fark party out in public in 13 years.  My Farkiversary is 7/26 even.  I shall consume copious amounts of the booze.

2014-05-10 09:27:39 PM
Shoot, I'm going to be in San Francisco in June :(

2014-05-10 09:47:10 PM

2014-05-10 09:51:57 PM
We'll see. I have a wild teriaki to corral for this.

2014-05-10 10:21:39 PM
might be able to make this

2014-05-10 11:00:38 PM
Oooh...just might make this one...

2014-05-10 11:30:30 PM

Not all gay people dress nice. Stop perpetuating stereotypes.

2014-05-10 11:32:32 PM
Does Drew make it to every one of these?

2014-05-10 11:36:09 PM

DUDE YOU NEED TO COME. I owe you a hug.

2014-05-10 11:36:50 PM

beer4breakfast: Does Drew make it to every one of these?

No, no he doesn't. Just the really big/significant ones.

2014-05-10 11:59:24 PM

feckingmorons: Neeek: feckingmorons: I'd go but gay people go to San Francisco and they are always dressed better than I.

Not all gay people dress nice. Stop perpetuating stereotypes.

Perhaps I just dress worse than everyone.... ever think of that.

attractive and successful African-Americans, I hate em.

/wonder if it will change that word
// we'll see

of course it did
the word was nag
and the -ers.

Oh well I tried to be silly and it failed, not the first nor that last time I'm sure.

2014-05-11 12:00:28 AM

kiwimoogle84: feckingmorons: I'd go but gay people go to San Francisco and they are always dressed better than I.

DUDE YOU NEED TO COME. I owe you a hug.

I'm going to the Buffalo one the week after, but we'll see... I might find some important meeting to go to in SFO that week.

2014-05-11 12:15:47 AM

kiwimoogle84: beer4breakfast: Does Drew make it to every one of these?

No, no he doesn't. Just the really big/significant ones.

I went to one at Lefty's about five years ago. No one was there. But then I think I caught Drew's eye as he was going into the bathroom.

2014-05-11 12:53:01 AM

Has Lefty's improved their air conditioning any?

2014-05-11 01:08:08 AM
I'm in! \o/

2014-05-11 01:11:26 AM

Has Lefty's improved their air conditioning any?

I haven't been there in over a year but my guess would be no.  But it is San Francisco in July, "the coldest winter i ever spent was a summer in San Francisco" ...  attributed to Mark Twain but he never said it.

2014-05-11 02:05:56 AM
I think they prefer to call it 'Frisco' up there.

/ducks

2014-05-11 02:24:20 AM

Mike: Hm. California Extreme is that weekend, too, which I've been meaning to go to for years.

whynotboth.jpg? CAX runs 'til 2am on Saturday. If the official hotel is fully booked, the Hilton that's literally across the street might not be.

/I've just semipublicly committed myself to a 3-day bender of alcohol and nerdery, haven't I?

2014-05-11 09:36:51 AM

2014-05-11 12:21:54 PM

libranoelrose: Web cams

More like Google Glass.

2014-05-11 12:29:08 PM

if you're looking for stuff to do in SJ, I'd recommend yelp events page, there's a lot of festivals and whatnot going on. dunno what's up your alley, but I make a calendar of community events for my work...

some events in the south bay
Weekend of May 17-18
-Boogie on the Bayou -campbell (beer, wine, music, vendors)

weekend of May 31st-June 1st:
-greek fest -san jose
-bbq fest -milpitas
-cherry fest- sunnyvale

plus, May 18th is International Museum Day, thousands of museums are open for free that day. not sure which ones in sf are doing it, but that's a good day to hit up museums there, if you're into them.

2014-05-11 12:34:43 PM

If you're into wine tasting, there's a lot of wineries in the south bay, some with hiking trails, if that's your thing.

If you like Japanese Gardens, you might want to check out Hakone Gardens in Saratoga, they filmed parts of memoirs of a geisha there.
They are having their Matsuri festival on the 18th
http://www.mercurynews.com/saratoga/ci_25718453/saratoga-matsuri-wil l- celebrate-everything-japanese

2014-05-11 03:17:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions people.

meg [TotalFark]
2014-05-11 04:00:16 PM
On my calendar!  I'm looking forward to it.

I even clicked the "I'm GOING" link up at the top of the page in the purple bar (where link voting usually is for TFers), so you KNOW I'm committed.  Click there if you're going or thinking about going.

2014-05-12 02:00:43 AM

meg: On my calendar!  I'm looking forward to it.

That's a neat new feature.  I RSVP'd so those who wish to avoid me know that I'm going.

2014-05-12 02:24:32 AM
This could turn out to be a helluva night!

2014-05-12 06:30:53 PM

Dumb-Ass-Monkey: This could turn out to be a helluva night!

are you gonna call me so I can say "Hi!" to everybody?

2014-05-23 01:21:48 AM
well?

2014-05-24 09:45:24 PM

leftyblonde: Dumb-Ass-Monkey: This could turn out to be a helluva night!

are you gonna call me so I can say "Hi!" to everybody?

yes, I think I can do that!

2014-05-25 01:11:36 AM

Dumb-Ass-Monkey: leftyblonde: Dumb-Ass-Monkey: This could turn out to be a helluva night!

are you gonna call me so I can say "Hi!" to everybody?

yes, I think I can do that!

please do, my number is in my info at facebook.   :D

2014-06-11 08:09:34 PM
I might actually check this out.

2014-06-11 08:15:30 PM

Badafuco: I think they prefer to call it 'Frisco' up there.

/ducks

Only elitists and transplants care if you say Frisco, the working class, the black, and Latino communities actually use the word. I say t just because it pisses off the right people.

/SJ

2014-06-11 08:17:47 PM

They are having their Matsuri festival on the 18th

South First Friday is still a thing, right?

2014-06-11 08:19:26 PM
I'll pass, as I am in the South Bay with a six year old and no sitters.

Next one near San Jose, count me in.

2014-06-11 08:20:20 PM
how many of these parties descend into a bacchanalian orgy?

i might go if i could get laid by a busty farkette!

2014-06-11 08:53:23 PM

TheJoe03: o'really: linker3000: Rats - I'm flying in to SFO from the UK next Sat (17 May) for 3 weeks of tech training in San Jose. Too darn early! Any recommendations for things I could do while I'm over. I definitely want to see something of SF one weekend.

They are having their Matsuri festival on the 18th

South First Friday is still a thing, right?

of course. there's one in campbell the same night.

2014-06-11 09:21:51 PM
I have to be in Berkeley that evening, probably won't have a chance to make it across the Bay for this. I'll try, but unfortunately it's probably not gonna happen.

I'm sure you're all heartbroken, right?

2014-06-11 09:58:48 PM
I go in stealth mode because I never post, but the last one I went to was fun. I'll try to make it.

2014-06-11 10:16:24 PM

2014-06-11 10:30:31 PM

This.

Shouldn't be at Lefty's either. It's ok but better places abound.

2014-06-11 10:57:51 PM
Let's get real, next time -
Heinold's First & Last Chance
 Oakland

2014-06-11 11:06:44 PM

-1. We get it about how you feel about the gay people even though nobody else gives a rat's ass who puts their penis where. But what we really want to know is: why do you think we care about how you or anyone else is dressed.

2014-06-11 11:12:24 PM

Has Lefty's improved their air conditioning any?

Air conditioning? In San Francisco? How do you know Lefty's even has air conditioning? Usually it's never hot enough here to need it.

2014-06-11 11:18:14 PM

there are some who call me...: I am moving to San Francisco from San Diego for work on July 1, would it be okay if a recent transplant looking to make new friends joins in on your fun?

DEFINITELY. See ya there🙋🍷🕖

2014-06-12 12:14:05 AM
Be sure to support your NFC West, and Superbowl Champion, Seattle Seahawks while you are there.

2014-06-12 02:35:37 AM
I'll touch all y'all in the naughty places.

2014-06-12 12:22:08 PM

Kevin72: Mike: Hm.  California Extreme is that weekend, too, which I've been meaning to go to for years.

Has Lefty's improved their air conditioning any?

The back room at Lefty's is an oven and as of the last SF Fark Party, the A/C didn't work back there.

2014-06-12 04:01:33 PM

Kevin72: The huffer was at our last FARK party. Or was it the Mustard Man?

[s25.postimg.org image 360x480]
image hosting site over 5mb

It doesn't work if the pic is cropped and you can't see the WARRIORS T-shirt.  I'll be there.

www.thesmokinggun.com

2014-06-20 11:50:47 PM

Has Lefty's improved their air conditioning any?

San Francisco in July? Bring a jacket!

2014-06-27 08:00:26 PM
Bro, I'll be there.

2014-06-27 08:50:23 PM

Heamer: Bro, I'll be there.

jealous.  have fun urrbody.

and karmichoax, hey man.  how ya been?

2014-06-28 12:09:21 AM

2014-07-03 06:57:22 PM
almost time for me to touch your bums.

2014-07-04 08:05:35 PM
San Francisky? So did you drove or did you flew?

2014-07-04 08:14:43 PM
farkfarkfark!

why do you guys always do this when i'm out of town? what did i ever do to you?

2014-07-04 08:23:04 PM

Heamer: Bro, I'll be there.

DAMMIT

2014-07-04 09:37:51 PM

JayCab: Somehow I didn't know where this place was actually located, so I looked it up to see if there would be a problem with crowds due to a Giants game (they're at home that night against the D'Bags). Turns out there shouldn't be, since it's far from the park, and I found out that the place has an inside view available thanks to Google. Kinda cool.

Google maps has it as a 28 minute, 1.3 mile walk. Straight shot 3rd to Kearney/Geary, and a few blocks up Geary from there.

2014-07-04 09:41:32 PM

Kevin72: If it's July 11, I will come with my luggage. Or not. I'm scheduled for a 1:20am flight to Saigon right after the party.

As mentioned May 5, I'll arrive early with my luggage, and dissapear to SFO about 9pm.

2014-07-04 09:49:16 PM

MOGGEE: Kevin72: The huffer was at our last FARK party. Or was it the Mustard Man?

[s25.postimg.org image 360x480]
image hosting site over 5mb

[www.thesmokinggun.com image 500x585]

Picture not cropped (???) But, here is The Huffer, who was at the March 2013 FARK party, THIS TIME COMPLETE WITH WARRIORS T-SHIRT.

s25.postimg.org

2014-07-04 10:15:17 PM
Mmm. Bay Area Farkers? Might have to swing up from San Jose.

2014-07-04 10:23:58 PM
How could I not this time. I work a short walk from there and I'm off my meds!

2014-07-05 01:23:35 AM

eris523: farkfarkfark!

why do you guys always do this when i'm out of town? what did i ever do to you?

Same here. Arrived in KC last week, the week after the FARK party. Eleventh out of town from SF. The only two weekends I'm away from Bay this summer.

2014-07-05 01:37:55 AM
Don't worry, y'all.

I'm planning on setting up an Autumn Party too. Late September, early October.

2014-07-05 09:05:43 AM

Dumb-Ass-Monkey: Late September, early October.

The big party in Chicago is early October.

2014-07-06 07:51:14 PM

Mike: Dumb-Ass-Monkey: Late September, early October.

The big party in Chicago is early October.

ok then, perhaps a different date

2014-07-10 08:37:42 PM
Lefty O'Doul's is kind of an older tourist "must see" when in San Francisco. That part of Union Square is still quite legit. However, just a short walk to the South is the Tenderloin district. There, you can spend all your $$$ and all the night away with many genders and races of escorts.

The next morning you can go to Honey Honey and spend $5 for a mimosa and a damn good breakfast. Although it's not Disneyland, I recommend Honey Honey.

2014-07-10 08:44:15 PM

2014-07-10 09:24:52 PM

Why drive? Take BART to Powell. Walk 10 minutes.

2014-07-10 10:28:33 PM

Why drive? Take BART to Powell. Walk 10 minutes.

Because I would probably go straight there from work (in San Mateo).

2014-07-11 01:30:21 AM
Looks like I'll probably be able to make this, at least for an hour or two. Spending the night in north beach, maybe I'll park there and see if i can find a bus over. Or I'll just drunkenly walk a mile back.

2014-07-11 10:03:13 AM
I left SF on Wednesday night, Fark. One week too late.

/5300 miles is too far to cover

2014-07-11 12:06:47 PM

OgreMagi: Delay: OgreMagi: I'm conflicted.  I've never been to a fark party, but I seriously hate driving into The City, especially on a Friday night.

Why drive? Take BART to Powell. Walk 10 minutes.

Because I would probably go straight there from work (in San Mateo).

Park at Millbrae, BART in.  Problem solved, and it's free.

2014-07-11 12:19:27 PM

Why drive? Take BART to Powell. Walk 10 minutes.

Because I would probably go straight there from work (in San Mateo).

Caltra... I couldn't finish. Sigh, Bay Area public transit.

2014-07-11 04:32:32 PM

sephjnr: I left SF on Wednesday night, Fark. One week too late.

/5300 miles is too far to cover

Sorry to whine further, but in my entire ten-day stay in SF I did not discover a single instance of the alien artifact known as a "TV guide". All six branches of Walgreens in a one-mile circle of Market St. were all 'WTF is a TV guide", the one I DID find was four weeks out of date and the one person I asked in a CVS claimed their supplier went under and they were having problems.

Couldn't get any on-screen listings in the hotel room as the "Guide" button remote pointed to just a channel list, not what was actually on. But for a major city that's actually quite shocking IMO.

2014-07-11 06:16:56 PM
Don't forget that BART only runs until about 12:30 AM or so.

2014-07-11 06:28:50 PM
Got my drinking shoes on.

2014-07-11 09:38:37 PM

sephjnr: sephjnr: I left SF on Wednesday night, Fark. One week too late.

/5300 miles is too far to cover

This is a valid complaint, as all SF is known for is its world class television. Nothing else, at all. At all.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

2014-07-11 10:58:04 PM
How will i know where you people are? Will there be name tags? A certain corner of the bar to search?

2014-07-11 11:12:44 PM
We're here! In the back, along the wall! Come join the merriment and/or debauchery!

2014-07-11 11:15:01 PM
Dammit so much I can't get up there tonight.  Have a blast, be safer.  No one can be safe, but you can always be safer.  Catch ya next time.

2014-07-12 12:16:43 AM
Well i farked up. Cashless n have no idea where my bank card is...

2014-07-12 12:18:27 AM
Well fark. Cash only n i can't find my debit card. Back to the car to search.