Do you have adblock enabled?

Host: VivianVivisect
Description: 3rd Annual Orange County Fark Party, July 19th, 7pm
Date/Time: July 19, 2014 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: So here we are 3rd year of the Annual Orange County Fark Party! The last 2 years we have had the OC Fark party at Boomers in Irvine, CA. So after counting the votes, Boomers again this year!

I want to give you guys more time this year to be able to make plans. Every OC Fark party we have had has drawn a lot of people. Interesting fact I picked up at Fark parties: A lot-- A lot of Farkers have gone to UCI. That's all! Let's have fun!

Location: Boomers
3405 Michelson Dr
irvine, CA 92612
(949) 559-8341
(view map)

2092 clicks; posted to Main » on 19 Jul 2014 at 7:59 AM (2 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2014-05-08 10:47:07 PM

Also it's a big closer for me, so slightly biased in that respect.  But whatever!  It's all fun <3

2014-05-08 10:48:40 PM

Didn't you go to UCI too?

2014-05-08 10:52:10 PM
You guys are gonna sip your drinks with your pinkies out, ain't ya?

www.richardtimothy.com

2014-05-08 11:05:52 PM

Didn't you go to UCI too?

CSULB.  My husband went to UCI.

2014-05-08 11:10:07 PM

Tziva: VivianVivisect: Tziva: I thought Boomers was fun.  I didn't bowl but it was nice because it was easy to mingle, tables and chairs and stuff.

Didn't you go to UCI too?

CSULB.  My husband went to UCI.

It truly makes me wonder why I didn't go to UCI.

Damn.

You people.

2014-05-08 11:20:15 PM
Totally down if it works with my schedule!!!

2014-05-08 11:54:53 PM
LAZER TAG!!!

Seal Beach is too goddamn boring. F*ck that sh*t.

2014-05-09 12:03:41 AM

HawgWild: You guys are gonna sip your drinks with your pinkies out, ain't ya?

[www.richardtimothy.com image 323x252]

you say this like it's not the right way to drink always.

2014-05-09 12:08:13 AM

Gyrfalcon: LAZER TAG!!!

Seal Beach is too goddamn boring. F*ck that sh*t.

I moved down from the Sac area about 5 years ago and I'm still in shock over how few decent bars there are, in my area (Costa Mesa) at least. I did like The Helm, but it got pushed out for another goddamn shiat martini bar. I'll pretty much only drink in the Mexican bars now, but it's always nerve racking waiting to see if you're going to get your ass kicked for walking in the door.

2014-05-09 12:10:01 AM

2014-05-09 12:28:35 AM

/Fark party virgin
//be gentle

2014-05-09 12:33:14 AM

PawisBetlog: HawgWild: You guys are gonna sip your drinks with your pinkies out, ain't ya?

[www.richardtimothy.com image 323x252]

you say this like it's not the right way to drink always.

GRIP AND SIP, FOOL!

2014-05-09 12:47:48 AM

/Fark party virgin
//be gentle

Drinks?

Well, bowling is next door to boomers, they sell beer and cocktails there and you can easily make your way back to us.

Kids?

Last 2 times we had the party there, there wasn't that many kids. Plus we had each other so there was that. We kinda stuck together so it didn't seem strange.

Why not the spectrum?

Mostly cuz bowling, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a bowling alley that is in a safe, low crime rate, easy parking place next to the freeway.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. :)

2014-05-09 01:50:04 AM
Will the real housewives be there?

2014-05-09 01:59:22 AM

Mark Ratner: Will the real housewives be there?

Why you ask, you perv?

2014-05-09 02:01:45 AM

Gyrfalcon: Mark Ratner: Will the real housewives be there?

Why you ask, you perv?

Hahaha...kidding

2014-05-09 03:01:45 AM
Hmmm...I'd have to come from Ventura. Only made it to one of your parties so far  VivianVivisect.

/I need to get out more.

2014-05-09 03:26:01 AM
Oooh I want to come out and meet all you farkers!!

(I'm in irvine)

2014-05-09 03:37:43 AM

traxan: I say we have it at Slater's 50/50 Burger. I mean, how can you go wrong with a 1 pound burger that's 50% beef and 50% bacon?

It'd have to be the one in Anaheim Hills. The Huntington Beach one has really shiatty parking.

2014-05-09 03:53:11 AM

VivianVivisect: mikebdoss: Boomers is absurdly packed with kids, every night of the week. Seems an odd place for a Fark party. As much as I don't like it generally, why not somewhere like Dave & Busters or the bars/restaurants at the Irvine Spectrum?

/Fark party virgin
//be gentle

Drinks?

Kids?

Why not the spectrum?

Let me know if you have anymore questions. :)

Vivian is the best! She understand the boozing coordination scheme with farkers.

2014-05-09 03:28:19 PM
I want to thank you guys for letting me, be apart of these parties. I have met a lot of Farkers in my travels and every time I feel energized and encouraged to do more. From my travels I can tell you Farkers are highly educated, well-rounded human beings. The ones I met aren't booze-addicts and trash talking minions that one would think; they are millennials in their 30s, really active, rambunctious, acute 40 year old mothers and fathers that can kick your ass in laser tag.

2014-05-09 03:31:06 PM

After about eight o'clock most of the kids have gone home.  It's OC.  They gotta be up for swimming lessons and boy scouts and all that other soccer mom stuff.

However, there are still a lot kids around as of 7 or so when the party starts.  So, as a guy in his mid-thirties, long hair, whiskers, and sunglasses, walking into a place with lots of kids wearing a Daffy Duck t-shirt, I felt a little nervous.

I agree with VV, though.  Fark Parties with activities other than trying to heat people talk in loud bar are better.

(Also, anyone who suggests Dave & Busters is a rookie.)

2014-05-09 03:37:22 PM

2014-05-09 03:58:40 PM

drewogatory: Gyrfalcon: LAZER TAG!!!

Seal Beach is too goddamn boring. F*ck that sh*t.

If you get your a$$ kicked in a Mexican bar, you had it comming. Walk in and own the place. Or get a green shirt and a ICE hat

2014-05-09 04:07:05 PM
Fark Party rookie (OK - mostly Fark rookie as well).

I'm in Seal Beach and I don't drive (significant red / green color blindness). So getting to Boomers is a bit of a challenge.

That being said, a Seal Beach pub crawl is certainly (mostly) boring. Food, small and crowded bars, and a small pier. Not much else . . .

/ have fun, all

2014-05-09 04:10:46 PM
Also, because we are in a group and there are women folk there it looks like a team-building office party (which they do infact have "team building" flags all over the place).

How ever, if you are not allowed within a certain distance of children, then just don't come.

/what? You guys were thinking it.

2014-05-09 04:43:30 PM

Duke_leto_Atredes: drewogatory: Gyrfalcon: LAZER TAG!!!

Seal Beach is too goddamn boring. F*ck that sh*t.

Hey, the bar by my work at 1st and Jackson in Santa Ana is a scary farking place. I walked in at like 7 am and it was pretty damn intimidating. Pretty much wall to wall MS13 tats.

2014-05-09 05:21:36 PM

GitOffaMyLawn: Fark Party rookie (OK - mostly Fark rookie as well).

/ have fun, all

I could pick you up. I'm in Los Al.

2014-05-10 03:23:03 PM

GitOffaMyLawn: Fark Party rookie (OK - mostly Fark rookie as well).

/ have fun, all

Have you been to 320 Main? Just curious whether it lives up to its reputation.

2014-06-19 08:14:30 PM

DUI central. I worked graveyard at the 76 station 20 years ago and they would have all 4 corners - triangle square, bus station, our lot and the Stag bar arresting people. It happened quite a few times and it wasn't a checkpoint either.

2014-06-19 08:14:48 PM
I just remember this was being bumped to the too today. Hello party.

2014-06-19 08:47:37 PM
So it's Lazer Tag, Go-karts, and then bowling and drinking? sounds awesome!

2014-06-19 08:58:04 PM

Yeah, it's an really popular location for the DUI's. They also like to set up checkpoints down 19th by the DMV.

Throw in the homeless camp nearby and it gets interesting over there.

2014-06-19 09:00:59 PM

2014-06-19 09:46:55 PM

flaflaflowhigh: I'm in.  Anyone care if I bring my kid?  She likes the Photoshop contests, and she'll be really good.

Nope, I'm bringing a 20 year old kid that doesn't have a job and needs a good kick in the ass.

Also it's a diverse mix.

2014-06-19 10:11:23 PM
Hey, this isn't San Diego. ;)

2014-06-19 10:13:36 PM

2014-06-19 10:34:14 PM

You're better off getting a hotel room near by and driving back to LA in the morning.

Although, the metrolink is 7 miles away from boomers that's getting there. Getting back to LA might be tricky.

2014-06-19 10:41:33 PM

Throw in the homeless camp nearby and it gets interesting over there.

There is a ridiculously awesome bmx track down there by the homeless camp though. It's bad ass.

2014-06-19 11:08:40 PM
Hm.... Chicagoan here. La Canada now.

Sounds like it's worth checking out?

The Chicago parties always seemed like a weird mix of revelers and boozatronics, hilarious and strange.

2014-06-19 11:10:13 PM

VivianVivisect: Lego_Addict: I live in Toronto but will be in L.A. that week doing an office move (I'm an IT manager who gets stuck with coordinating office moves). How do I get my butt down there? I have a car while I'm there but would rather not drive for obvious reasons.

I'll check the local hotels, it's an option. The one I'm staying at in L.A. is through my work so I guess it's not a bad idea.

I'll look into it a little better as we approach July. You're probably right, a late night trek back to the city is not a good idea! It will either cost me a fortune or my...well I'm not going to say it.

2014-06-19 11:17:25 PM

Throw in the homeless camp nearby and it gets interesting over there.

By the park on 18th?  I'll have to take your word on it, my fatass only rides only sees the wide seat of the beach cruiser nowadays.

Interestingly Triangle Square doesn't let Uber pick up anymore, only drop off.  You have to cross the street to the donut shop.

2014-06-20 01:25:15 AM
Yay!!

2014-06-20 07:11:06 AM
I'll try to make it down there if I can, but I'm on surgery this month so it's pretty unlikely.

/Palace Park!
//UCI alumni as well
///ZOT ZOT ZOT
////Park Watts survivor.

2014-06-20 10:53:27 AM
meh.. Boomers. :)

2014-06-20 12:07:06 PM
Lemme know when there's another Riverside Fark Party. As head chef of Jack's Bar and Grill (now changing over to FatBoys) I can assure you we've got tons of good alcohol and I can easily handle the cooking. And if we're lucky enough, you might even have some live music (July 5th we've got a Pink Floyd tribute band playing.)

And our bartenders tend to be fairly good-looking.

2014-07-05 08:02:53 PM
I drive home about that time...  Will any hot Farkettes be there?

2014-07-05 10:29:12 PM

800lbGorilla: drewogatory: 800lbGorilla: Cyclonic Cooking Action: 800lbGorilla: There's a new bowling alley at Triangle Square in Costa Mesa and several bars are close?

Throw in the homeless camp nearby and it gets interesting over there.

Nah, the bmx track is down past the end of 19th street in the park (by the real hobo jungle) before the river. It's ridiculous, huge banked corners, massive berms, whoops, doubles, etc. Some of it is 10-12 feet high. Anyway, the place that used to be Detroit at 19th and Placentia is about to reopen as The Wayfarer. I was hoping for a dive bar, but it looks like they went more upscale.

2014-07-05 10:42:40 PM
I miss Orange county :(
/specifically the district lounge, the blocks at orange and the Doll Hut.

2014-07-06 06:11:16 AM

2014-07-07 04:00:17 AM

JPINFV: Nope... sorry... I'm working  both the 19th and the 20th, so I won't be able to make it down. :-(

2014-07-07 04:02:45 AM

I sent you an email I hope you answer it soon. That sucks so bad that you won't make it. Your job is important. Trust that.

2014-07-11 05:53:13 PM
I'm here. :)

2014-07-12 08:07:25 PM
Kewl! Can't wait!

2014-07-12 09:25:35 PM

2014-07-12 10:17:30 PM
I'm going to miss this one. I have a concert I'm going to. :(

2014-07-12 11:06:13 PM
Oh, come ON, man -- we need an Orange County FLORIDA Fark Party.  Surely Fark's favorite state is worthy of a party in the middle of the state.

2014-07-13 12:24:19 AM

cyberspacedout: Hey, a new RSVP thingy! I said maybe, but assuming I don't lose my mind in traffic, I'll certainly be able to make it there sometime before 8.

Okie dokie :)

2014-07-13 12:43:08 AM

2014-07-16 04:03:13 AM

Congrats!*

(* Conditional upon not having all kinds of Fark Parties in the Valley.)

2014-07-16 04:28:27 AM

aerojockey: VivianVivisect: This is my last party for a while. I don't know when the next one will be. I recently got accepted to Northridge.

Congrats!*

(* Conditional upon not having all kinds of Fark Parties in the Valley.)

Lolol

That is exactly what people asked.

"Will you have parties in Northridge now?" Lol I'm not against it given my schedule. I love meeting new people!

2014-07-17 03:47:45 AM

Saturday is creepying up

2014-07-18 08:44:18 PM

Saturday is creepying up

If people are coming in your head, that's pretty creepy, yeah.

2014-07-18 10:04:25 PM

2014-07-18 10:37:59 PM

Saturday is creepying up

If people are coming in your head, that's pretty creepy, yeah.

At least I have people to keep me company.

2014-07-19 03:27:26 AM

Saturday is creepying up

If people are coming in your head, that's pretty creepy, yeah.

At least I have people to keep me company.

Inter-cranial bukkake?

2014-07-19 03:35:25 AM

Saturday is creepying up

If people are coming in your head, that's pretty creepy, yeah.

At least I have people to keep me company.

Inter-cranial bukkake?

Are you coming or not?

Here is the list of people that are coming...

Dee, codo, lawyer dude, codo's brother, maybe Lisa.. Irvine Farker's I'm sure..me...

I'm pretty sure scared new people....

I'll keep you updated.

2014-07-19 03:37:12 AM
Same thing.. Look for blue and gray balloons.....

I haven't asked phlegmmo if he's going I'll email right now.

2014-07-19 03:38:02 AM

2014-07-19 03:40:04 AM

Mitch Taylor's Bro: I'm an Anteater who's been in NorCal for 20 years. Wish I could make that party. Hope you all have fun!

:( it's cool. You will be missed

2014-07-19 05:35:45 AM

Saturday is creepying up

If people are coming in your head, that's pretty creepy, yeah.

At least I have people to keep me company.

Inter-cranial bukkake?

Are you coming or not?

Here is the list of people that are coming...

I'm pretty sure scared new people....

I'll keep you updated.

Of course! I've had it on my calendar for a month! And especially if you're running off to Northridge, you traitor. :(

2014-07-19 02:47:23 PM

Gyrfalcon: VivianVivisect: Gyrfalcon: VivianVivisect: Gyrfalcon: VivianVivisect: I've talked to some people today, close friend --they mentioned they were coming so in my head, that's a good turn out.

Saturday is creepying up

If people are coming in your head, that's pretty creepy, yeah.

At least I have people to keep me company.

Inter-cranial bukkake?

Are you coming or not?

Here is the list of people that are coming...

I'm pretty sure scared new people....

I'll keep you updated.

I didn't go willingly.

2014-07-19 02:55:21 PM
Because of CSU enrollment freeze I have been waiting to get into school for 1.5 years. It was no surprise that California was broke.

But wait... There was a loop hole!

SB1440 stated that if you had an AA that you were guaranteed a spot at the CSU, unfortunately they knew that. So they amended the bill to let each campuses decided who they let in, and it was usually in the local area kids.

Northridge was the only school that didn't adhere to those terms. So I applied there and I got in. Luckily.

If Northridge didn't let me in I was doomed to be stuck in the inland empire.

2014-07-19 06:03:23 PM
Go-carts, bowling, and drinking with farkers?

Hea hea hea heaaa...

I don't wanna but I gotta!

Will be nice to see you all again, and hopefully meet some new folks.

2014-07-19 09:47:43 PM
img.fark.net

2014-07-19 09:48:45 PM
Meet at the tables outside..

2014-07-19 09:59:48 PM
img.fark.net

2014-07-19 10:26:19 PM
Okay we are moving to go karts, people are trickling in...

2014-07-19 11:02:58 PM
img.fark.net

2014-07-19 11:16:31 PM
VivianVivisect:

Is it still going on?

2014-07-19 11:22:11 PM

Darth_Lukecash: VivianVivisect:

Is it still going on?

Yes we are at lazer tag!

2014-07-19 11:23:12 PM

Darth_Lukecash: VivianVivisect:

Is it still going on?

Walk in turn left

2014-07-19 11:27:20 PM
I don't se any balloons!

Wait, where am I?

2014-07-19 11:29:48 PM

EdNortonsTwin: I don't se any balloons!

Wait, where am I?

Laser tag!

2014-07-19 11:32:46 PM
You can find by finding my cleavage or balloons.

2014-07-19 11:33:25 PM
Me*

2014-07-19 11:35:00 PM
Brb lazer tag is starting

2014-07-19 11:43:25 PM
Damn just missed you

2014-07-20 12:03:31 AM
Go karts again, then bowling!

2014-07-20 04:43:09 AM
Nice conversations with VV tonite and special thanks to GW for the bowling lessons.   Awesome!

Nice take-away for me tonite!

Had a good time, thanks everyone.

2014-07-20 05:05:59 AM
Made it home safe, Was happy to see everyone, and meet the "new" people, go karts, lazer tag, mini golf, pizza, drinks, and bowling fun night.

2014-07-20 05:35:25 AM
Thank you for everyone that showed up to my birthday party. ENT, it was an amazing convo!

Phlegmmo, you give the best hugs. I maybe greedy but I wish I had more time with you. I will always cherish the short time I have with you.

GWsuperfan thank you for coming out. it was pleasant surprise.

Aerojockey and cyberspacedout, let me get settled at school and if I have good grades by midterms I'll think about having a Northridge/ Valley Fark party.

Andrew, I heard you are moving to the east coast :( you were fun buddy thank you for always showing up to 3+ parties from Escondido I will miss you. Sending good luck and good wishes your way. Double hugs and kisses and more kisses.

2014-07-20 05:37:52 AM
Can some one, Bathia males or mike tell me why my Mobile pictures came up so screwy. Thank you.

2014-07-20 03:02:02 PM
Good seeing everyone again.

/Bowling lessons available to anyone who asks at any Fark party where bowling is involved ;)

2014-07-20 04:51:26 PM

GWSuperfan: Good seeing everyone again.

Heh!

I'm not a male (and yes, I'm pretty certain about that) :-D

2014-07-20 04:52:33 PM

Bathia_Mapes: GWSuperfan: Good seeing everyone again.

Heh!

I'm not a male (and yes, I'm pretty certain about that) :-D

Oops, sorry Chris. That comment was intended for VV.

2014-07-20 05:07:30 PM

Bathia_Mapes: I'm not a male (and yes, I'm pretty certain about that) :-D

Oops, sorry Chris. That comment was intended for VV.

I figured. I've been clear on your gender for a while now ;)

2014-07-20 07:11:49 PM

GWSuperfan: Bathia_Mapes: I'm not a male (and yes, I'm pretty certain about that) :-D

Oops, sorry Chris. That comment was intended for VV.

I figured. I've been clear on your gender for a while now ;)

lulz