Do you have adblock enabled?
Host: Mr. Fuzzypaws
Description: 2nd Annual Farks In The Wild at the Buffalo Zoo. July 23, 6pm - SOLD OUT - After Zoo Info
Date/Time: July 23, 2014 - 06:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: It's that time of year again. Booze Time!

For the most part it will be the same as last year so I'll just copy most of that description.

A couple of my favorite things are watching exotic animals and getting drunk. So come join me at the Buffalo Zoo's annual Wines In The Wild and we can do both together.

It basically goes like this: They hand you a wine glass at the door, you get a beer mug at a vendor and you double fist it for 3 hours. Food is also included in admission. It's all "sample size" but a lot of vendors will fill you up proper, especially at the end of the night when they don't want to carry all that crap back to the truck.

It's $45 for the general admission, SOLD OUT!!!

$100 for VIP, VIP IS SOLD OUT!!!

The past couple years general admission has sold out about the beginning of July. VIP way sooner. DO NOT DELAY! Last year we had some people looking to go the week before. I warned everybody and here's this year's warning. If you want to go get your tickets now!

*****
*****

After Zoo Party will be at Gecko's, 1464 Hertel Ave. Just about a mile from the zoo. Wines in the Wild ends at 9pm, expect us soon after.

*****
*****

Site Description:
On Wednesday, July 23rd, the Pro Zoo Board and the Women's Board will host the annual Wines in the Wild event at the Buffalo Zoo. For only $45 pre-sale, $55 at the door, your ticket includes a variety of food and dessert items, wines and beers, along with some great specialty services vendors.

We also offer a VIP ticket which will allow you one hour early entry, goodie bag and champagne toast at a cost of $100. Only 100 VIP tickets will be sold. Live music and visits from some of your favorite animal ambassadors will highlight the evening. Enjoy a balmy summer evening in one of the most unique environments around as you try your luck at our fantastic basket & silent auctions. This event takes place from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, rain or shine. Guests MUST BE at least 21 years or older.

The more the merrier, so bring your friends and neighbors to enjoy this wonderful, casual, evening to benefit the Zoo's Adopt an Animal program. For further information or to purchase tickets, please call 995-6131. This event is very popular and has sold out the past few years. Don't delay, get your tickets today!

Location: Buffalo Zoo
300 Parkside Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214
(716) 837-3900
(view map)

2874 clicks; posted to Main » on 23 Jul 2014 at 7:05 AM (43 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all

2014-07-22 03:12:13 PM

So, from the left coast have a blast and let us know how it went!

It is a lot of fun. And animal/keeper willing the tour will be beyond awesome.

Wines In The Wild is really worth the 45 or 100 bucks. It all goes to a good cause. Feeding the animals. And they feed you drinks and food for hours.

My guess is the after zoo party will be chill, but that's alright.

2014-07-22 04:18:35 PM
ill be at pre & post.

2014-07-22 10:02:30 PM

2014-07-22 10:32:20 PM

A little rain won't scare off real Farkers. Will it?

I'd think the sun would be more dangerous to their pale white skin, they might burst into flames.

2014-07-23 12:02:55 AM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: craigzy: as of 10pm, the weather forecast is predicting rain from the morning until about 4 oclock. obviously the forecast will change by morning, but it looks like the main shindig will be overcast and not too humid.

A little rain won't scare off real Farkers. Will it?

us early folk can map out fire extinguisher locations for the others.

2014-07-23 01:32:01 AM
No one ever does a Fark party where I live. I refuse to believe there are no farkers in Notre Dame country.

2014-07-23 07:28:35 AM
Have fun, fellow Buffalo/Ontario Farkers!  I'm living in exile in Pittsburgh.

Should do a late fall/winter Fark Party at Alternative Brews...

2014-07-23 07:59:50 AM
Is this a Real Estate ad? If it's SOLD OUT in big braggadocious letters, then why do the rest of us need to know. We cant go. And the ones who are going already know. Could someone's ego be involved?

2014-07-23 08:16:38 AM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: johnny_vegas: Not from Buffalo and never been to Buffalo, but this sounds like it would be a blast (from both the location and people/Farkers attending perspective) and it looks like last year was a lot of fun.

So, from the left coast have a blast and let us know how it went!

It is a lot of fun. And animal/keeper willing the tour will be beyond awesome.

My guess is the after zoo party will be chill, but that's alright.

Have a blast! Unfortunately I can't make it; something about work blahblahblah.

Is the tour a behind-the-scenes variety? My buddy works there and arranged one for me and the offspring. She got to feed the giraffes and stand next to the elephants in their enclosure.

2014-07-23 01:55:55 PM
I will be there after I get out of work at 11 PM. Look for the sexy bald man. That will be me.

2014-07-23 03:55:05 PM
hang out with rad farkers - check
get your own tour guide - check
call every young animal "puppy" - check
forget sunglasses and sunscreen - check
beat everyone in a horse race - check
ride on a choo-choo - check
pet a rhino - check
take way too many pictures - check

we are trying to get in line for "Wines" at like 10ish after 5, starting at gate 9.  ive been told the the line gets huge fast.  look for people holding olympus pen cameras that seem tired and lost.

MEET-UP ASAP @ GAZEBO

2014-07-23 09:59:06 PM

We are at Geckos right now. Come on over.

2014-07-24 02:43:34 AM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: cameroncrazy1984: I'm in for Gecko's afterward. I have never been and it's a great excuse to try on a weekday

We are at Geckos right now. Come on over.

Finally home, safe and sound after missing the last bus.  I had a great time, thanks Mr. Fuzzypaws.

2014-07-24 02:19:33 PM
img.fark.net

2014-07-24 02:54:33 PM
What a lovely day!

I will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

Looking forward to next year. I'll be on the lookout for tickets in March/April.

Thanks again to our superb host, Mr. Fuzzypaws.

2014-07-24 03:45:38 PM
I'm glad everyone had a good time. I really enjoyed all we did, which was a lot. Finally got home at 4 am, promptly crashed and woke up at 2 pm. Good times, good times.

I look forward to next year.

Start saving your pennies, folks. My guess is next year's date will be Wednesday, July 22nd. Tickets go on sale at the beginning of April 2015, and I will have a thread up as soon as they do. Here is your ONE YEAR ADVANCE NOTICE.

2014-07-25 06:30:37 PM
Finally uploaded!

The daytime was lovely: guided tour by Mr Fuzzypaws. VIP passes for the carousel and train rides :D.  Also met a rhino and her baby.  We got to pet the adult rhino. The keeper taught us so much about them, their history, what their days are like, about their personality.

The Wines in the evening was again something else!  There was coffee, tea, lemonade, bakeries, Chinese food, wings, pastas, soups, cheeses, breads, hotdogs, nachos, and of course beer and wine!

A photo sampling below, and the Bucket: http://s175.photobucket.com/user/Allio13/library/Wines%20in%20the%20W i ld%202014

i175.photobucket.com      i175.photobucket.com

i175.photobucket.com

i175.photobucket.com            i175.photobucket.com

2014-07-25 11:30:10 PM
in the interest of symmetry:
img.fark.net

my favorite, and likely the winner of the haters-gonna-hate 'best tree photobomb' category (seriously, its a big god damn tree):
img.fark.net

2014-07-26 12:35:54 AM

craigzy: in the interest of symmetry:

The tree's waving "HaaaAAAy!"

2014-07-26 03:53:09 PM

AllyOop: craigzy: in the interest of symmetry:

The tree's waving "HaaaAAAy!"

i769.photobucket.com

2014-07-26 10:45:30 PM
That is a fantastic tree!

Hotel wifi (which keeps spell check correcting to hotel wife) does not play well with chromebooks. I didn't lapse into a post fark part wine and food coma, well not for more than half a day.

Next time I am taking a cab to the zoo and the after party so I don't have to put some cab driver's kid through college looking for the rental car 'about a block off Deleware' (Willoughby Insurance, thanks for the free parking!)

Fantastic time, and it is impossible to start a bar fight in WNY, everybody is just nice. A lot different from Florida.

2014-07-27 07:58:12 PM
Well everyone made it home in one piece and is ready for next year. Good to hear.

2014-07-27 08:08:06 PM
I am gonna throw one up for Polar Bites. Tickets are on sale September 1st, event is mid February. Inside at the convention center downtown. Cheaper too, like $60, $40. Or close to that.

I won't expect anyone, but what the fark, might as well try.

They Have Duck Races!