Do you have adblock enabled?
Host: Mr. Fuzzypaws
Description: 2nd Annual Farks In The Wild at the Buffalo Zoo. July 23, 6pm - SOLD OUT - After Zoo Info
Date/Time: July 23, 2014 - 06:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: It's that time of year again. Booze Time!

For the most part it will be the same as last year so I'll just copy most of that description.

A couple of my favorite things are watching exotic animals and getting drunk. So come join me at the Buffalo Zoo's annual Wines In The Wild and we can do both together.

It basically goes like this: They hand you a wine glass at the door, you get a beer mug at a vendor and you double fist it for 3 hours. Food is also included in admission. It's all "sample size" but a lot of vendors will fill you up proper, especially at the end of the night when they don't want to carry all that crap back to the truck.

It's $45 for the general admission, SOLD OUT!!!

$100 for VIP, VIP IS SOLD OUT!!!

The past couple years general admission has sold out about the beginning of July. VIP way sooner. DO NOT DELAY! Last year we had some people looking to go the week before. I warned everybody and here's this year's warning. If you want to go get your tickets now!

*****
*****

After Zoo Party will be at Gecko's, 1464 Hertel Ave. Just about a mile from the zoo. Wines in the Wild ends at 9pm, expect us soon after.

*****
*****

Site Description:
On Wednesday, July 23rd, the Pro Zoo Board and the Women's Board will host the annual Wines in the Wild event at the Buffalo Zoo. For only $45 pre-sale, $55 at the door, your ticket includes a variety of food and dessert items, wines and beers, along with some great specialty services vendors.

We also offer a VIP ticket which will allow you one hour early entry, goodie bag and champagne toast at a cost of $100. Only 100 VIP tickets will be sold. Live music and visits from some of your favorite animal ambassadors will highlight the evening. Enjoy a balmy summer evening in one of the most unique environments around as you try your luck at our fantastic basket & silent auctions. This event takes place from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, rain or shine. Guests MUST BE at least 21 years or older.

The more the merrier, so bring your friends and neighbors to enjoy this wonderful, casual, evening to benefit the Zoo's Adopt an Animal program. For further information or to purchase tickets, please call 995-6131. This event is very popular and has sold out the past few years. Don't delay, get your tickets today!

Location: Buffalo Zoo
300 Parkside Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214
(716) 837-3900
(view map)

2865 clicks; posted to Main » on 23 Jul 2014 at 7:05 AM (35 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2014-04-02 02:42:50 AM
MEETING UP!!!

Meeting up was a bit of a pickle last year but we should just aim for the gazebo ASAP. Let me know if you're coming and I 'might' wait for you. I'm going VIP so I'll alreay be in the zoo for the general admission folks.

PARKING!!!

Parking is a biatch for this. Last year they had no parking zones all around the zoo until 4pm. Then it all opened up. Basically it's the pink line in the picture where parking is available.

i158.photobucket.com

2014-04-02 02:52:56 AM
Most likely there will be a pre-party tour of the zoo. Just a small one, mind you, about 5 people. I'll post in thread about that later.

2014-04-02 07:22:23 AM
I, for one, am looking forward to being too introverted to try to show up yet again this year.

2014-04-02 07:32:50 AM
Kids too old to be taken there. Need another excuse for the wifey to cross the US border. Go.

2014-04-02 07:56:17 AM
I won't be showing up, mostly because I don't drink so this one makes no sense for me to attend.  That said, I do live in the area and frequent the zoo, so I can tell anyone considering it, it's worth it - the Buffalo Zoo may not be big, but it is very very good quality, and it's getting better!

2014-04-02 09:02:01 AM
Not to be a jerk, but last year I advised against the bar selection and didn't go because of it! Haha.

This year it is actually ON my birthday, so I might be attending. Discussing with the GF and family.

2014-04-02 09:02:28 AM
I went last year and had fun. The pre-party tour was definitely worth showing up early. Thx Mr. Fuzzypaws  :)

2014-04-02 09:04:45 AM
I just put in my vacation requests at work, included this date too!

I went last year and had a blast!  It's a pretty zoo.  Lots of people, a max 3 minute wait in the busiest lines for samples.  I took photos of everything I sampled and I tapped out after 16 vendors of booze.  I was stuffed from food to close to the point of feeling like Thanksgiving (if you don't feel like you're going to die you're not trying hard enough).

Mr. Fuzzypaws was a super host and, naturally, very knowledgeable of the zoo.

Here's a pic of pulled pork on a bun and a wing bisque "sample" from one vendor with complimentary spork.
My 'Bucket of a handful of pictures to give an idea of the evening:  http://s175.photobucket.com/user/Allio13/library/Wine%20in%20the%20Wi l d%202013?sort=9&page=1

i175.photobucket.com

2014-04-08 11:22:49 PM
How did I miss this when it was posted. I'm in!

2014-04-09 06:43:29 PM
AWESOME! I wanna koala.

2014-04-09 06:44:57 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: MEETING UP!!!

PARKING!!!

Should we bring and/or do anything?

2014-04-09 11:20:54 PM

farkette716: Mr. Fuzzypaws: MEETING UP!!!

PARKING!!!

Should we bring and/or do anything?

Bring sunscreen, I learned my lesson last year.

2014-04-09 11:37:35 PM

feckingmorons: farkette716: Mr. Fuzzypaws: MEETING UP!!!

PARKING!!!

Should we bring and/or do anything?

Bring sunscreen, I learned my lesson last year.

K thx

2014-04-10 01:18:04 PM

farkette716: AWESOME! I wanna koala.

Sorry, no koala. We have wallaby though. Two different kinds!

farkette716:

Should we bring and/or do anything?

I will be in the zoo an hour earlier than general admission so I'll be ready and waiting. I'll wear my Total*Fark shirt so I'm noticeable. We'll get the minor details worked out by showtime.

And yes, bring sunscreen.

2014-04-10 02:17:19 PM

i158.photobucket.com

First: I have 3 (three) FREE spots left.
Q: You might have to pay for parking, I'm still working on getting more parking passes. It's 4 bucks.
Waffle: If I run out of passes you are more than welcome to come along anyway. Admission is $10.50
4th: It will be from 12noon to 3pm. We have to be out by 3 so they can finish setting up.
Finally: What you do from 3pm until showtime is up to you. They clear the lot of cars at 3 also, parking for Wines opens back up at 4pm.

Also: If you went on the tour last year, all two of you, and want to go again I'll put you on the back-up list. Wanna try to be fair.

FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!
Just email me at mr.fuzzypaws at the gmail and you'll be all set.

Again, bring sunscreen.

2014-04-10 03:53:55 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: farkette716: AWESOME! I wanna koala.

Sorry, no koala. We have wallaby though. Two different kinds!

farkette716:

Should we bring and/or do anything?

And yes, bring sunscreen.

cool I was thinking about a tshirt that just said internet on it, so people would know I was from the internet.

2014-04-12 10:26:12 PM

2014-04-15 01:00:57 PM
Got my ticket today. Lucky number 5.

feckingmorons: Booked my flights and hotel. I am leaving Saturday morning so perhaps a Friday night beer or seven might be in order.

Sounds good, I'll make sure to take off that Saturday so I don't go to work hungover twice in one week. :P

2014-04-19 05:20:47 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: See my previous for more info.

TOUR FOLLOW-UP

I found some more Guest and Parking passes. I can now bring in 6 more people for FREE! I should also have enough free parking by then, too. (I have 7 parking passes for 9 people, 2 are already coming together. So if someone else brings a guest we're all set)

2014-04-19 05:40:22 PM
Will there be lions? My car's been overheating lately.

2014-05-02 05:20:39 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Now that I have your attention. I will be giving a tour of the zoo earlier in the day to whoever wants to go.

First: I have 3 (three) FREE spots left.

FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!
Just email me at mr.fuzzypaws at the gmail and you'll be all set.
Again, bring sunscreen.

That sounds great

2014-05-10 09:10:44 AM
VIP tickets have been SOLD OUT!

---

I have passes available yet for the pre-party tour.

2014-05-29 07:55:22 PM
I am ready now!

2014-05-31 02:45:24 PM
Bumping in hopes that more people will join in.

Also, if you are going use the RSVP feature up top so I can get a head count.

And I still have a bunch of FREE guest passes for the zoo if you're interested in going earlier in the day. There's no time for animal watching during Wines. Must drink more.

2014-05-31 02:57:33 PM
I had no idea they even had Buffalo Zoos.  Is it a large herd?

2014-05-31 05:13:28 PM
There are no buffalo at the Buffalo Zoo. We have bison, there are four of them.

2014-05-31 05:37:29 PM
yes, nietzsches did sorta suck.  although, i think my "Hi, my name fark handle is _________

2014-05-31 05:38:18 PM
___" came in handy

2014-05-31 06:12:13 PM
interrupting the band to announce a free round for the entire bar:

img.fark.net

craigzy stealing all attention from a group photo:

img.fark.net

2014-06-20 11:37:44 PM
I case I'm not around when this bumps on Monday for the one month countdown.

First: If you're going use the RSVP feature located right below the party info.

Two: BUY YOUR F*CKING TICKETS NOW! They will be gone soon. Don't biatch to me when you decide a week beforehand to go and they're gone.

Threeve: If you don't want to do the Wines in the Wild thing and just want a Zoo Tour that's fine. I have 4 spots left. Read the thread for details.

D: I'm still waiting on word about the local bar for the after Zoo Party. It won't be Nietzsche's. If not next tot he zoo then somewhere on Hertel. Very close compared to last year.

2014-06-27 08:24:22 PM
BUMPITY

It appears we have a small head count compared to last year.  It would be tragic not to fully represent both fark as well as Buffalo, and the drunken, animal-loving people we are.  Plus, what else do you have to do on a Wednesday?

There are a bunch of places on Hertel to have a good time - the thinking is that Gecko's might be a good place to go afterwords as it has good booze, good food, a patio, and is also located in the middle of our little "North Park" strip.

I'll see everybody at the zoo!

2014-06-29 05:38:54 PM
For those coming for or on the fence about coming for the pre-party tour of the Zoo here are a couple events that are scheduled for that day during the time we'll be there.

A sea lion "training session". Basically a sea lion show but since they're boys they go into rut in the summer and sometimes don't like to preform. FREE

All shows and encounters are animal dependent so they might not happen. But there is a good chance they will.

2014-07-01 06:02:48 PM

If you'd like to come to the Zoo earlier in the day for a tour you're more than welcome. I have about 5 free passes left. And you can always come to the after zoo party. Firm location to be determined.

2014-07-01 07:33:19 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: I f*cking told ya, now it's sold out and no one else can come... to Wines in the Wild.

yea, if anyone has any other cool ass ideas for the after zoo party, please post your suggestions here!

after the world cup, and after italian fest, Hertel will be exhausted.  but, there are some great places.  i suggest we all bring canteens of wine or flasks and go to a movie at North Park.  it would be both hilarious and the coolest thing we could do.  although, if people have been drinking for hours in the summer heat, it may act as ambien.

2014-07-02 02:14:53 AM
OK, just one thing, Farkers: DO NOT LEAVE YOUR farkING DISPOSABLE DIAPERS IN THE PARKING LOT.

An ex-GF of mine lives across from the Buffalo Zoo parking lot, and you would not believe the farking mess every weekend from all the goddamn disposable diapers people leave on the pavement rather than soil their incredibly-valuable shiatbox minivan.

And no, I am not assuming you are going to be there with small children.  I am saying "do not leave YOUR disposable diapers in the parking lot."

Why do I say this?  I have been on Fark a very long time.  I know you people.

2014-07-06 06:18:45 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Rhino Encounter! This is pretty cool. There is the standard keeper talk, Joe is way passionate about his rhinos and the conservation of them so that's probably worth it right there. And you get to meet George, the Zoo's male Greater Indian One-Horned Rhinoceros. AND pet him. Cost is 10 bucks, well worth it if you ask me.

UPDATE: They started doing the Rhino Encounters with Tashi and baby Monica. I can't guarantee that it will be the same on party day but the odds are good. I also found out the all the proceeds are given to rhino conservation, so your measly 10 bucks is going to a good cause.

You'll probably never have another chance to pet a baby rhino in your life, do not pass up this chance.

I took this picture yesterday when I did the encounter. It was awesome.
i158.photobucket.com

2014-07-09 07:05:33 PM
Well sh*t, I guess I waited too long to get tix. I might be up for the afterparty though, since I live close to that area anyway.

2014-07-09 07:27:36 PM
Why advertise it if it is SOLD OUT? Just trying to rub it in.

2014-07-09 09:46:51 PM
I will be there :) looking forward to meeting some folks!

2014-07-12 12:12:38 PM

ladyfortuna: I will be there :) looking forward to meeting some folks!

Cool!

--------

Any more folks going? I need to know how many people to wait for. We will meet at the gazebo.

So far it's feckingmorons, AllyOop and guest, and ladyfortuna for the actual Wines.

Then I have 4 lined up for the pre-party tour. They will get emails soon. I do have more passes for that.

After Zoo will be at Gecko's, 1464 Hertel Ave. Just about a mile from the zoo.

2014-07-16 06:31:08 PM
For those looking to biatch about it being sold out and being bumped.

THERE ARE BASICALLY THREE PARTIES!

The pre Wines in the Wild Tour of the Zoo, which is f*cking FREE! (for a limited number of people). Wines in the Wild. And the after Zoo party at Gecko's.

2014-07-16 07:57:34 PM

2014-07-16 10:00:44 PM

Great!

Wines ends at 9. Expect us soon after.

2014-07-21 09:26:05 PM

Check your gee mail.

2014-07-21 10:50:23 PM
I'm ready! Lets go now!

2014-07-22 02:25:24 AM

feckingmorons: I'm ready! Lets go now!

You too! Check yer email

2014-07-22 01:50:25 PM

feckingmorons: I'm ready! Lets go now!

I am so ready. Can't wait. I promise a good time will be had by all. Rain or Shine!

(supposed to rain during the day but clear up for Wines)

2014-07-22 02:47:07 PM

2014-07-22 02:54:41 PM

roadmarks: I will definitely be trying to get to Gecko's, too broke for the Wines part.  Are there any spots left for the Tour?

Yes there are. Starts at Noon sharp. If you'd like to go send me an email to mr.fuzzypaws at gmail.com and I'll send you all the details. Decide by tomorrow at 8am, that will be the last time I check my email before I leave for the day, no smart phone.

2014-07-22 03:01:38 PM

So, from the left coast have a blast and let us know how it went!

2014-07-22 03:12:13 PM

So, from the left coast have a blast and let us know how it went!

It is a lot of fun. And animal/keeper willing the tour will be beyond awesome.

Wines In The Wild is really worth the 45 or 100 bucks. It all goes to a good cause. Feeding the animals. And they feed you drinks and food for hours.

My guess is the after zoo party will be chill, but that's alright.

2014-07-22 04:18:35 PM
ill be at pre & post.

2014-07-22 10:02:30 PM

2014-07-22 10:32:20 PM

A little rain won't scare off real Farkers. Will it?

I'd think the sun would be more dangerous to their pale white skin, they might burst into flames.

2014-07-23 12:02:55 AM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: craigzy: as of 10pm, the weather forecast is predicting rain from the morning until about 4 oclock. obviously the forecast will change by morning, but it looks like the main shindig will be overcast and not too humid.

A little rain won't scare off real Farkers. Will it?

us early folk can map out fire extinguisher locations for the others.

2014-07-23 01:32:01 AM
No one ever does a Fark party where I live. I refuse to believe there are no farkers in Notre Dame country.

2014-07-23 07:28:35 AM
Have fun, fellow Buffalo/Ontario Farkers!  I'm living in exile in Pittsburgh.

Should do a late fall/winter Fark Party at Alternative Brews...

2014-07-23 07:59:50 AM
Is this a Real Estate ad? If it's SOLD OUT in big braggadocious letters, then why do the rest of us need to know. We cant go. And the ones who are going already know. Could someone's ego be involved?

2014-07-23 08:16:38 AM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: johnny_vegas: Not from Buffalo and never been to Buffalo, but this sounds like it would be a blast (from both the location and people/Farkers attending perspective) and it looks like last year was a lot of fun.

So, from the left coast have a blast and let us know how it went!

It is a lot of fun. And animal/keeper willing the tour will be beyond awesome.

My guess is the after zoo party will be chill, but that's alright.

Have a blast! Unfortunately I can't make it; something about work blahblahblah.

Is the tour a behind-the-scenes variety? My buddy works there and arranged one for me and the offspring. She got to feed the giraffes and stand next to the elephants in their enclosure.

2014-07-23 01:55:55 PM
I will be there after I get out of work at 11 PM. Look for the sexy bald man. That will be me.

2014-07-23 03:55:05 PM
hang out with rad farkers - check
get your own tour guide - check
call every young animal "puppy" - check
forget sunglasses and sunscreen - check
beat everyone in a horse race - check
ride on a choo-choo - check
pet a rhino - check
take way too many pictures - check

we are trying to get in line for "Wines" at like 10ish after 5, starting at gate 9.  ive been told the the line gets huge fast.  look for people holding olympus pen cameras that seem tired and lost.

MEET-UP ASAP @ GAZEBO

2014-07-23 09:59:06 PM

We are at Geckos right now. Come on over.

2014-07-24 02:43:34 AM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: cameroncrazy1984: I'm in for Gecko's afterward. I have never been and it's a great excuse to try on a weekday

We are at Geckos right now. Come on over.

Finally home, safe and sound after missing the last bus.  I had a great time, thanks Mr. Fuzzypaws.

2014-07-24 02:19:33 PM
img.fark.net

2014-07-24 02:54:33 PM
What a lovely day!

I will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

Looking forward to next year. I'll be on the lookout for tickets in March/April.

Thanks again to our superb host, Mr. Fuzzypaws.

2014-07-24 03:45:38 PM
I'm glad everyone had a good time. I really enjoyed all we did, which was a lot. Finally got home at 4 am, promptly crashed and woke up at 2 pm. Good times, good times.

I look forward to next year.

Start saving your pennies, folks. My guess is next year's date will be Wednesday, July 22nd. Tickets go on sale at the beginning of April 2015, and I will have a thread up as soon as they do. Here is your ONE YEAR ADVANCE NOTICE.

2014-07-25 06:30:37 PM
Finally uploaded!

The daytime was lovely: guided tour by Mr Fuzzypaws. VIP passes for the carousel and train rides :D.  Also met a rhino and her baby.  We got to pet the adult rhino. The keeper taught us so much about them, their history, what their days are like, about their personality.

The Wines in the evening was again something else!  There was coffee, tea, lemonade, bakeries, Chinese food, wings, pastas, soups, cheeses, breads, hotdogs, nachos, and of course beer and wine!

A photo sampling below, and the Bucket: http://s175.photobucket.com/user/Allio13/library/Wines%20in%20the%20W i ld%202014

i175.photobucket.com      i175.photobucket.com

i175.photobucket.com

i175.photobucket.com            i175.photobucket.com

2014-07-25 11:30:10 PM
in the interest of symmetry:
img.fark.net

my favorite, and likely the winner of the haters-gonna-hate 'best tree photobomb' category (seriously, its a big god damn tree):
img.fark.net

2014-07-26 12:35:54 AM

craigzy: in the interest of symmetry:

The tree's waving "HaaaAAAy!"

2014-07-26 03:53:09 PM

AllyOop: craigzy: in the interest of symmetry:

The tree's waving "HaaaAAAy!"

i769.photobucket.com

2014-07-26 10:45:30 PM
That is a fantastic tree!

Hotel wifi (which keeps spell check correcting to hotel wife) does not play well with chromebooks. I didn't lapse into a post fark part wine and food coma, well not for more than half a day.

Next time I am taking a cab to the zoo and the after party so I don't have to put some cab driver's kid through college looking for the rental car 'about a block off Deleware' (Willoughby Insurance, thanks for the free parking!)

Fantastic time, and it is impossible to start a bar fight in WNY, everybody is just nice. A lot different from Florida.

2014-07-27 07:58:12 PM
Well everyone made it home in one piece and is ready for next year. Good to hear.

2014-07-27 08:08:06 PM
I am gonna throw one up for Polar Bites. Tickets are on sale September 1st, event is mid February. Inside at the convention center downtown. Cheaper too, like $60, $40. Or close to that.

I won't expect anyone, but what the fark, might as well try.

They Have Duck Races!