Host: Yzziefrog
Description: Toronto Fark Part'Eh, Saturday June 7 at Madison's - Baseball, beer, and no Biebers NOW WITH UPDATED INFO GOODNESS
Date/Time: June 7, 2014 - Time TBD
Party Info: It's time for the annual Fark Part'Eh!

Come visit Toronto, watch the Blue Jays play against the St.Louis Cardinals, then beer and merriment at Madison's. Who knows, we may run into the Mayor!

Baseball is at 1pm, Cardinals at Blue Jays. MEET-UP AT 12:30 LATEST By the sunken park on the east side of the Rogers Centre. Look for Drew and Mike. Contact me if you get lost. Bleacher tickets usually run $20 a piece.

For the non-ballers, we were looking at organizing a photowalk as an alternative, but interest is low so that probably will not happen unless it's an ad-hoc thing.

Beer officially starts at 7pm at the Madison's Pub, 14 Madison Avenue (just east of Spadina Station). We will have our own space on one of the upper floors.

Sign-in on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/1572984212926729/?context=create&ref_d ashboard_filter=upcoming&source=49

Or email me at yzzie­f­ro­g[nospam-﹫-backwards]kra­far­t­lu­*com

2983 clicks; posted to Main » on 07 Jun 2014 at 3:14 PM (11 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all

2014-04-01 09:00:45 PM
I wish I had money, or drove, or liked baseball, or was allowed in Canada.

2014-04-01 09:41:14 PM
\o/

2014-04-01 09:49:01 PM
I don't think I am in for the baseball but I do think I'm in for the drinking.

2014-04-02 09:42:41 AM
Roadtrip

2014-04-02 09:43:34 AM
Shoot, Bieber would be a fun addition, after all he's screwed up lately.

Someone call his agent.

2014-04-02 09:43:48 AM
Alright!  I'll be there   :)

Drew making the trek this year?

i175.photobucket.com

2014-04-02 09:53:48 AM
Where's peck 'n Lar? Olaf? Did they get actual lives in the meat world?

2014-04-02 09:54:46 AM
There will likely be a photowalk happening at the same time as the baseball game for those who are so inclined, weather permitting.

And yes, I believe Drew will be making his annual pilgrimage to the Great White North.

2014-04-02 10:04:59 AM

2014-04-02 10:06:31 AM
Will Rob Ford be the guest of honor?

2014-04-02 11:06:22 AM

gideon: Will Rob Ford be the guest of honor?

That's "honour", and he has none, nor shame, either.

2014-04-02 11:14:49 AM
Was there for last year's party. Good time. Scotch.

2014-04-02 11:17:24 AM
fark, the Maddy again?

Is there any way we can upgrade to a venue whose clientele isn't primarily composed of douche? The upper floor of The Pilot maybe?

And the only way I'd be ok with Rob Ford attending is if it were in Pinata form, and stuffed with hollow promises, mickeys of cheap vodka and crack rocks. We can do this, people.

2014-04-02 11:21:16 AM

plaidsocks: fark, the Maddy again?

Clearly a local. The Madison is indeed replete with cervix wash. I recommend The Monarch, and not just because it's nearby, but because it's got a dozen craft beers on tap, a pool table, a pinball machine and an excellent sandwich shop next door and an excellent pizza slice place across the street...and no rule against bringing outside food into the pub.

It's steps from both the Dundas and College streetcars, as well.

2014-04-02 11:35:24 AM

plaidsocks: fark, the Maddy again?

We had a private area last time, it was douchebag free.

2014-04-02 11:36:51 AM

I believe Olaf is on Reddit now (am I allowed to say that here), or least some has his handle there and posts very similar things.....

2014-04-02 11:49:59 AM
Damn... just like last year, I'll be cottaging nearby but unable to attend.  Maybe if we get rained out I'll come on down.

2014-04-02 12:53:08 PM
Yes, our area was douchebag free, but the line to get in, trying to find the bathrooms and the sheer hell of navigating through the waves of Bro soured me.

I'd be down for the Monarch! It's within stumbling distance to my house, and I like the cut of its jib.

2014-04-02 09:59:30 PM

Pope Larry II: Bob_Laublaw: Where's peck 'n Lar? Olaf? Did they get actual lives in the meat world?

Thanks. I reckon P & L got busy with child rearing and general responsibility.

2014-04-03 09:42:25 AM

All right, here is the deal for those complaining about the venue:

you organize it, then you pick whatever place you want.

Every farking year there are people complaining, no matter where we go, and it's irritating especially considering most of the whiners never show up anyway. That's probably not a big loss, anyone stuck-up enough to go all uppity because we go to a place that doesn't have a full line-up of organic beer hand-crafted by virgins while Mercury is ascending is probably not going to have a good time anyway.

I'm sure many of you have your favourite watering hole. I get that. I have one too but there is no transit nearby - too bad. Any venue we pick will have some disadvantage for someone - too far, too bro, too fancy, too dark, too noisy, too quiet, you name it, I've heard them all. But at some point I have to pick something that will work reasonably for the most number of people, and this is it.

The Madison's gives us a private area, we had an awesome server who made sure we wanted for nothing, and it's stumbling distance from a subway station. It's also reasonably priced, which is a big plus since not everybody has a bottomless pit of money to play with.

When our first venue went down the crapper at the last minute last year (they had a fire the week before the party), I called several places and they all turned me down. Maddy's not only made room for us but they treated us like gold and everybody I spoke to had a great time.

So that's my take on this. Come, don't come, it's up to each one of you to decide. But in the end, I think it's the people that make the party, not the venue. As long as there is room and booze, any place is a party place. We'll have room, and we'll definitely have booze. The rest is all up to you!

2014-04-03 10:34:33 PM
I might be able to come, depending on my financial situation. At least I have a job this year. I would be coming in from London.

The last party/trip I took ended up with me passing out in the backseat of my car and missing a basketball game. So I can't make any promises with regards to sporting events or consciousness.

2014-04-04 08:26:25 PM

Mike: Roadtrip

Yay!!

2014-04-04 08:29:54 PM

Yzziefrog:  anyone stuck-up enough to go all uppity because we go to a place that doesn't have a full line-up of organic beer hand-crafted by virgins while Mercury is ascending is probably not going to have a good time anyway.

This is my favorite line ever.

2014-04-07 04:32:46 PM

Yzziefrog: I think it's the people that make the party, not the venue.

Well put. Good on you!

2014-05-06 08:08:10 PM
Maybe drew can draw out our mayor by challenging him to a drinking contest.

2014-05-06 08:43:05 PM
I guess this is one way to find Rob Ford.

2014-05-06 09:06:52 PM
Please stop scheduling this on the weekend of my daughter's birthday. I won't be able to attend for the next 14 years, at lest.

2014-05-06 09:56:11 PM

MooseBayou: Shoot, Bieber would be a fun addition, after all he's screwed up lately.

Someone call his agent.

We'll be waiting with penny laden tube socks. Oh, wait, I'm in Virginia. Carry on.

2014-05-06 11:11:10 PM
I'm so ready for it this year.

2014-05-06 11:13:01 PM

MooseBayou: Shooting, Bieber would be a fun addition, after all he's screwed up lately.

FTFY

2014-05-06 11:23:35 PM
   We can't have the thing at every bar that's "steps" from your house or only at bars with no less than eleventy-seven types of craft beers on their list.

Yzzie, sign me up for the ball game and the Madison.....  Looking forward to this day.

Dave

2014-05-07 01:32:58 AM

She was so much prettier before she started smoking crack and shooting steroids. It was great to see a lesbian who looked like a lesbian get so famous.

2014-05-07 01:39:54 AM
Duh.......wat?

img2.wikia.nocookie.net

2014-05-07 08:21:48 AM

shortymac: Maybe drew can draw out our mayor by challenging him to a drinking contest.

I'm fairly certain Rob Ford could out drink a Fark Party, by himself. This is the man that chugs a mikey of vodak before practice....

2014-05-07 09:12:07 AM
Came for Rob Ford comments, left fulfilled. :-) part'eh on, America's hat.

2014-05-07 09:16:42 AM

"No Mister Mayor, it's a FARK party, not a CRACK party!"

2014-05-07 09:44:18 AM
Maybe this is the year I finally make it.
For out of towners, better to find a subway station at the edge of the city (ie something like Kipling if coming from London side) or grab a Go Train into Union and sort out your route from there?

/bookmark

2014-05-07 12:49:10 PM

Caeldan: Maybe this is the year I finally make it.

/bookmark

Yes, for sure. From Kipling it's straight to Spadina on the Bloor-Danforth line. If you take the Go Train, it's straight north from Union, or you can take the streetcar.

No point in driving downtown - very little parking and lots of traffic. Ride the Rocket!

2014-05-07 10:30:33 PM
Leafs fans though...

2014-05-09 03:41:20 AM

Yzziefrog: All right, here is the deal for those complaining about the venue:

you organize it, then you pick whatever place you want.

I can learn a thing or 2 from you.

People always complain at my parties too! Every party. Every time they think they know better.

Loved reading this.

2014-05-12 09:48:46 AM

Caeldan: Maybe this is the year I finally make it.

/bookmark

I'm taking the go from Meadowvale station. Just off the 401 on mississauga Rd.

2014-05-24 01:07:44 AM
I hope Rob Ford shows up.

2014-05-24 01:11:49 AM
You should all get shiatfaced and then go see Rob Ford at rehab:

District Road 169, Muskoka Lakes, ON, Canada
+1 705-762-5501

You might need a pick-me-up before making the drive, however...

www.thestar.com

2014-05-24 01:16:48 AM
If Drew shows up that would be worth the 90 minute drive up the QEW

2014-05-24 01:28:35 AM
Hmmmm, I'll be in London that weekend visiting family but I don't think I can make it.  Somebody tip back an ounce or two of Glenfiddich(neat) for me

2014-05-24 01:47:46 AM

AllyOop: i175.photobucket.com

no wai, 'sup, Drew!

Canada sucks. Why do you hate Amerika?

2014-05-24 08:24:27 AM

Methadone Girls: Caeldan: Maybe this is the year I finally make it.

/bookmark

I'm taking the go from Meadowvale station. Just off the 401 on mississauga Rd.

if you're taking GO only the lakeshore lines run on the weekend, Aldershot to Whitby. I think the trains are every half hour during the day and hourly at night until 12:30ish.

2014-05-24 05:03:39 PM

He is.

2014-05-24 11:59:52 PM
I'm still thinkin' about it.

2014-05-25 11:38:48 AM

Yzziefrog: cameroncrazy1984: If Drew shows up that would be worth the 90 minute drive up the QEW

He is.