Do you have adblock enabled?
Host: Cucullen
Description: Fark Party NYC? Anybody?
Date/Time: TBD
Party Info: Short Notice, But We Must Bend Like the Reed and Roll With the Wind. If Not NYC then Boston

406 clicks; posted to Main » on 28 Feb 2014 at 7:33 PM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all

2014-02-28 06:26:35 PM
I always say maybe, but what I really mean is "If I can't find anything better to do", and what do you know, Sherlock's always on on Amazon Prime.

2014-02-28 06:30:49 PM
Maybe, but it largely depends on my schedule.

2014-02-28 06:42:38 PM
Midtown this time as apposed to way downtown? Can do midtown.

2014-02-28 07:37:42 PM
A likely maybe.  Maybe.

2014-02-28 07:37:50 PM
I'd at least swing by.

2014-02-28 07:41:50 PM
I'm all for it! Of course, I'm 2500 miles from NYC and have no desire to be anywhere east of the Mississippi River, but you kids have your fun and be sure to post pictures.

2014-02-28 07:44:17 PM

fang06554: I'd at least swing by.

Yeah, "might swing by" is my present level of commitment as well.

2014-02-28 07:45:19 PM
I'm in St. Lawrence County so can we compromise and have it in Watertown?

2014-02-28 07:45:54 PM
Somebody do a Cape Cod Fark party. Hyannis preferably. K? Thks

2014-02-28 08:07:43 PM

dobro: Somebody do a Cape Cod Fark party. Hyannis preferably. K? Thks

I'm down for that. Not this time of year, though. How about right before school lets out for the summer?

2014-02-28 08:08:02 PM

2014-02-28 08:14:46 PM
Yeah, maybe. Depending on the day.

2014-02-28 08:21:36 PM
I'm in Manhattan for some of the Allman Brothers Band shows at the Beacon. Any dates planned?

2014-02-28 08:27:06 PM
I don't know any of you people, but sure. How awful could you be?

2014-02-28 08:27:15 PM
Lets go to Guy Ferrys place in Times Square!

2014-02-28 08:28:13 PM
As long as it's not Monday -- supposed to be a big storm coming that day.

2014-02-28 08:29:43 PM

Cork on Fork: I don't know any of you people, but sure. How awful could you be?

I'm assured there are plenty of good folks... I'm just a hermit who never leaves my neighborhood, and if it requires more than one subway transfer then effing forget about it.

2014-02-28 08:35:46 PM

Cork on Fork: I don't know any of you people, but sure. How awful could you be?

Famous last words...

2014-02-28 08:43:35 PM

Arkanaut: Cork on Fork: I don't know any of you people, but sure. How awful could you be?

Famous last words...

In all honesty, do any of us hang out here for the normal people? Hell no... We want to see the freaks a d train wrecks. Why should a Fark party be any different?

2014-02-28 09:15:12 PM

RoyHobbs22: Lets go to Guy Ferrys place in Times Square!

Curse you!!!
How about Peter Dillons, they have two locations. Good NYC Irish pub that has pool tables, fairly cheap beer and it's across the street from my office

/yeah, I'm not biased at all about where

2014-02-28 09:18:07 PM
Depending on where it is, I'm in.

2014-02-28 09:19:09 PM

I've this sentiment. Where was the Little Rock Fark Party?!

2014-02-28 09:28:34 PM

sleekjunk: cboppert: Sure. My first fark party, I'm in. Finally I live in a place where there are people.

I've this sentiment. Where was the Little Rock Fark Party?!

Just a guess, but I'm going to say not in NYC.

2014-02-28 09:40:22 PM
We're in. Just let us know where. Hopefully midtown or lower

2014-02-28 09:45:07 PM
If you want a lurker, I'm in.

DGS [TotalFark]
2014-02-28 09:47:19 PM
I'm interested, but will depend on the schedule. Never been to one of those spots, AlwaysRightBoy, but I doubt it'd take much to persuade me.

2014-02-28 09:59:56 PM
Ill do NYC, itll be my first fark party

2014-02-28 10:02:10 PM
I may be in town the weekend of Mar 21, if you have it then

2014-02-28 11:06:44 PM

Unfreakable: I may be in town the weekend of Mar 21, if you have it then

I dunno...are you at all important?

2014-02-28 11:20:48 PM
I will never show my face at one of these. Too many bodies buried on Fark. Anyway, have fun without me. In fact, you'll probably have fun specifically because I am not present.

2014-02-28 11:24:06 PM
If anyone's been to the last NYC Fark Party, do you remember how many people showed up? Have some midtown bars in mind but if we're expecting 50 people then it would eliminate some options.

2014-02-28 11:34:55 PM
Reichenbach Beer Hall on 37th Street has plenty of space...

2014-02-28 11:57:06 PM
Houston Hall on W. Houston Street could be a good venue.

2014-03-01 12:24:22 AM

jimmy70: Houston Hall on W. Houston Street could be a good venue.

Houston Hall is a big place. No more than a block from 1 train at the Houston St. stop.

DGS [TotalFark]
2014-03-01 01:45:05 AM

Unfreakable: I may be in town the weekend of Mar 21, if you have it then

And you didn't tell me? Dafuq?

2014-03-01 02:17:53 AM
I'll be in Manhattan between Sunday night and Thursday afternoon, so I might be able to honor you East Coast snobs with my California cool presence if it's in that timeframe.

2014-03-01 03:09:01 AM

2014-03-01 03:35:37 AM

PetuniaPumpkin: If you want a lurker, I'm in.

2014-03-01 04:33:57 AM

You're very active in the "NY scene", but no downtown and no Brooklyn? LOLZ, yeah suuure you are. Have you been living under a rock since 1995?

2014-03-01 07:08:40 AM

2014-03-01 07:58:30 AM

jaylectricity: I dunno...are you at all important?

Doubtful.

DGS: And you didn't tell me? Dafuq?

Still haven't bought the flight.

2014-03-01 08:20:59 AM

Unfreakable: jaylectricity: I dunno...are you at all important?

Doubtful.

DGS: And you didn't tell me? Dafuq?

Still haven't bought the flight.

I bet you're one of those guys who always complains about headlines

2014-03-01 08:24:46 AM

AlwaysRightBoy: I bet you're one of those guys who always complains about headlines

Hahaha, a rather young codger the way I do it, too

2014-03-01 08:32:24 AM

EbolaNYC: The Black Dahlia: I'm a lurker for the most part, with an occasional post. However, I'm extremely social and very active on the NYC scene, so I would love to come out and meet you people!! Exception: Brooklyn. I will not go to Brooklyn and too far downtown is out of the question.

QFT

I'm down, schedule permitting...

2014-03-01 08:37:33 AM

goodwynn: Reichenbach Beer Hall on 37th Street has plenty of space...

Winner winner, beer bought dinner!! Prost.

DGS [TotalFark]
2014-03-01 09:10:10 AM

Bolo Jungle: I am a NYer and have heard of the subway, cabs, and other methods of transportation. Have it anywhere you like and I can get there.  My vote is not Times Square, though. That is not in NYC (spiritually).

Agreed.. let's stay out of TImes Square. There are way too many options for that to be a good one. Heck, I even like Stout on 33rd near Penn, but we can get away from the big hubs. New places are good by me. I'm mostly concerned with the timing.

AlwaysRightBoy: Unfreakable: jaylectricity: I dunno...are you at all important?

Doubtful.

DGS: And you didn't tell me? Dafuq?

Still haven't bought the flight.

I bet you're one of those guys who always complains about headlines

Its so true, he's the wurst.

2014-03-01 09:21:16 AM

It might get a little awkward.

2014-03-01 09:29:37 AM
I can't drink either, so you wouldn't be alone.

DGS [TotalFark]
2014-03-01 11:40:38 AM

It might get a little awkward.

gamergirl23: I can't drink either, so you wouldn't be alone.

I promise I won't let you two sit alone all night. Hehe

2014-03-01 12:05:41 PM

DGS: RexTalionis: I can be around on the weekends, but due to medical conditions, I am no longer allowed to drink, so you'll see me staring at you eagerly while you drink so I can take in the experience vicariously.

It might get a little awkward.

gamergirl23: I can't drink either, so you wouldn't be alone.

I promise I won't let you two sit alone all night. Hehe

I'm off the sauce for a bit, too, so the three of us could sit together and judge everyone. That's if it's soon. I should be back off the wagon by April, and well, that May date is pretty awesome.

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all