Host: NorCalLos
Description: It's Sacramento Beer Week: the only week we don't mind lasting 11 days. Let's get together for happy hour Thursday, March 6 and do what FSM gave us livers for
Date/Time: March 6, 2014 - 05:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: There are tons of beer week events going on. I chose this one because it's downtown and includes bourbon cask-aged beer.

Location: Pour House
1910 Q Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
(916) 706-2465
(view map)

1052 clicks; posted to Main » on 06 Mar 2014 at 5:59 AM (28 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all

2014-03-05 07:12:49 PM
I wish I could make it. I love sactown.

2014-03-05 07:12:51 PM

Take the light rail from the Amtrak station to the 16th Street stop (takes maybe 10 minutes), then walk 3-4 blocks.

2014-03-05 07:40:24 PM
WTFark? My town. No car, but bus route nearby. Hrmmm. I don't drink, either. Hrmmmm. Maybe?

/ Would be interesting. The doctors at the institute say I should make friends.

2014-03-05 07:43:04 PM

buckeyebrain: WayneKerr: Hm. Wish it was a bit closer to Amtrak, but I suppose I could plop my fat ass down on a bicycle seat.

I can do that. Thanks.

2014-03-05 07:44:42 PM
I'll be there after work. If you think I'm an asshole here, wait till you see me in real life.

2014-03-05 07:46:55 PM
Dad's > Pour House.

Better food, bigger ever-changing selection on tap, far fewer hipsters.

No parking, though, as the $52.50 ticket I got on Saturday proves.

2014-03-05 07:53:45 PM

Granted I haven't been to Pour House, but that's a description I never thought I'd hear about Dad's.

2014-03-05 07:55:41 PM

Cagey B: Jclark666: Better food, bigger ever-changing selection on tap, far fewer hipsters.

It's not in midtown, and it's a long-ass ride on a fixie to Land Park.

2014-03-06 01:21:57 AM
Cool. I posted this thread last week, but wasn't able to view it because I don't have TF at the moment. I wasn't even sure it actually posted. Anyway, I'm be there around 5:30. Hope to see some of you there.

2014-03-06 07:25:21 AM
Anyone else read that as Sacramental Beer Week?

/terrific new idea for Lent

2014-03-06 02:29:03 PM
Though the thought of drinking beer with you all on a Thursday afternoon sounds fantastic, the two hour drive back up the hill once it's over sounds like a patently bad idea.

On a side note, there's been talk of a NorCal Fark camping weekend where we reserve a group site (Jackson Meadows reservoir has been suggested) for late July or early September, so keep that in the back of your mind.

2014-03-06 02:59:56 PM
Looks like I won't be able to make it tonight.  Y'all have some fun.

2014-03-06 07:57:23 PM
FYI: I'm here, sitting at the bar. I have sunglasses on top of my head at the moment, black slacks, blue jacket,   dark (black/blue) dress shirt with thin stripes.

2014-03-06 11:37:09 PM
Nice to meet all y'all. We should do this again.

2014-03-07 12:02:55 AM
I'm the cute chick at the end of the bar, next to the ripped dude with the tats. First one to grab my ass gets a surprise.

2014-03-07 12:23:34 AM
Good times!

2014-03-07 12:25:25 AM
Good to meet you all. Glad real life fark bears little resemblance to the website (and I mean that in the nicest possible way to both real life fark and the website). Cheers!

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all