Do you have adblock enabled?

Host: skatedrifter
Description: Denver Fark Party: 4/19 - 4/20
Date/Time: April 19, 2014 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Come experience the Largest 4/20 Rally IN THE WORLD, in Denver's beautiful Civic Center Park on 4/19/ - 4/20 and celebrate the legalization of recreational marijuana! Daytime: Spend at the festival or check out downtown, only a couple blocks away. Evening: Meet up at Punch Bowl Social for drinks, bowling, ping-pong, video games, snark and more! It's a two day festival so we can go again on Sunday if there are people that couldn't make it on Saturday, or we could do a hike or go the Denver Botanic Gardens, if there is interest. I called a few hotels downtown and they do have rooms available for this weekend. Give me a shout if you have any questions or suggestions.

Location: Punch Bowl Social
65 Broadway
Denver, CO 80203
(303) 765-8695
(view map)

4215 clicks; posted to Main » on 19 Apr 2014 at 4:20 PM (2 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Newest | Show all

2014-04-19 12:34:04 PM
Dumpstaphunk at Sculpture Park at 4:20pm today.

It's gonna be HOT!

2014-04-19 12:58:43 PM

Little sister was in the general area last year of the shooting.  I was at work and heard about it.  Turns out most people knew what was going on, left the area that some moron was "working on" another guy's girlfriend, and the ensuing violence ...ensued.

the police are using the incident to establish a police presence in the park, same thing they do every time a bunch of people start gathering in that park, because undoubtedly, drugs will get in, and as everyone knows, drugs are bad.

get a hotel room, invite some farkers, and smoke it up in there.  Everyone else with 2 brain cells left is doing the same thing

/might check it out for the painted boobies contest
//probably not

2014-04-19 01:36:08 PM
yeah, i figure that i am going to go somewhere that doesnt blow ass.  and dont smoke in your hotel room unless you like losing 200 bucks on a deposit.

2014-04-19 01:41:45 PM

Trance354: there will be "pat-downs" this year.  To prevent the "gang violence" that happened last year.  Smoking the maryjane is still illegal to do outside.  I'm tempted to hit the place just to look, but as an employee of a company which has a random drug screening policy, and goes by the federal regulations, I have the feeling I'd get high just from walking around, so I'd better not risk it.

/might check it out for the painted boobies contest
//probably not

Don't most hotels have no-smoking policies? I'm sure that would apply to pot as well as tobacco products.

2014-04-19 02:11:42 PM

Sgygus: [img.fark.net image 850x637]
What Denver actually looks like on 4/20.

This pic is NOT shopped, by the way. It really looks like that. You can smell the weed for at least a block in every direction.

I don't know about the Punch Bowl, but my fave the Nob Hill Inn is right up Colfax. Come on by, play crappy songs on the jukebox and interact with some of Colfax's finest.

2014-04-19 02:21:33 PM
yeah. stick to blow in the hotel rooms unless you're richer than I am.. and..thinking about it..

But seriously, if you want to go join arms with other stoners and smoke in a comfortable safe place, buy a concert ticket and go to one of the shows!

A few places I know:

Cervantes if you're a rager  -  safe to smoke indoors/outdoors (otherside)
Summit has some metal or something  -  safe to smoke indoors/minimal patdown
1up has a pretty good lineup  -  safe to smoke indoors
Red Rocks with Snoop Dizzle  -  safe to smoke/minimal pat-down
Quixotes for shakedown (special guests too)  -  safe to smoke indoors/outdoors
Drive by Truckers at Filmore  -  safe to smoke/extensive pat-down
Bunch of different bands at Casselmans  -  definitely safe to smoke

and that's just a few of them.  Most venue's are pretty chill, especially once you get through the door.

2014-04-19 03:25:03 PM

Keith Dudemeister: Sgygus: [img.fark.net image 850x637]
What Denver actually looks like on 4/20.

I may stop by. I live 2 blocks away and can't smoke due to UA's at work. Glorious beer is still ok, though.

2014-04-19 05:26:41 PM
Omw

2014-04-19 06:12:07 PM
elguerodiablo: Last I saw recreational weed was $70 an eighth.after tax.

That is nuts!  If they do that here in Washington with legal weed, only tourists and idiots will buy it.  If people who already consume MJ can save 50% by not buying it from the state, they will buy it from someone else.

2014-04-19 07:07:23 PM

saymayne: Omw

were are you coming from? That's hella early

2014-04-19 08:36:54 PM
I'm at the Punchbowl amidst the awful hipsters. Where y'all at?

2014-04-19 09:22:11 PM

2014-04-19 09:46:00 PM
We're upstairs... come on up!!!

2014-04-19 09:55:18 PM

theropod: We're upstairs... come on up!!!

shiat, there's an upstairs ??

2014-04-19 10:02:43 PM

OhYouMeanNancy: theropod: We're upstairs... come on up!!!

shiat, there's an upstairs ??

Go past the bowling alley

2014-04-19 10:09:12 PM

VivianVivisect: OhYouMeanNancy: theropod: We're upstairs... come on up!!!

shiat, there's an upstairs ??

Go past the bowling alley

Past the foosball...

Towards the restroom, left side is the stairs

2014-04-19 10:34:03 PM
The stairs are hidden really well, but we're right at the top!

2014-04-20 12:27:09 AM

elguerodiablo: If you don't have a med card it's well worth getting one.

I've considered the economics of that.  Despite how private they say it is, I still don't want my name on a list somewhere in the government.

I kind of like the business model of telling the retailer "Here's some dollars" and having them tell me "Here's some pot"

Maybe tomorrow?

/don't kid yourself - you'll wake and bake and look at how much beer is in your 'fridge and start drinking that.
//happy 4/20, Colorado farkers.

2014-04-20 12:33:07 AM

2014-04-20 12:41:04 AM

gfid: Now I'm kind of bummed that I'm missing out, but it's already past 10 and even assuming I could drive, it would be almost midnight before I could get there.

I must say, that interstate between here and Denver totally sucks ass.  It's well built and well lit, but it's even more boring than driving through New Mexico on I-10.  I actually get excited when I hit that stretch where it kind of bends.  I have to turn the steering wheel a whole 20 degrees or so.   And that part where it opens up to 3 lanes?  Oh, that just means I'm about to hit traffic.

#Occupy I-25!

2014-04-20 01:29:23 AM
I have a bruise on my butt

2014-04-20 02:16:51 AM
I'm drunk and my wife just found some mace on the floor at the bar.

/what could possibly go wrong?

2014-04-20 02:23:40 AM

OhYouMeanNancy: Screw you guys, we're ordering food at the bar. Clearly drunk redhead next to the ponytail guy.

Codo: The stairs are hidden really well, but we're right at the top!

theropod: Had a great time everyone! Gone home now to the Fark Widow. Everybody have a safe trip home!

It was nice to meet you all! Thanks for coming out!

2014-04-20 10:23:39 AM

skatedrifter: I'm drunk and my wife just found some mace on the floor at the bar.

/what could possibly go wrong?

That was awesome actually.

2014-04-20 10:30:06 AM

You guys made my night. We had cool conversation yo.

2014-04-21 02:11:12 AM

VivianVivisect: I have a bruise on my butt

Is there something you'd like to share with us? :-D

2014-04-21 02:17:52 AM

Bathia_Mapes: VivianVivisect: I have a bruise on my butt

Is there something you'd like to share with us? :-D

I sat on a unstable tree trunk table and fell and landed on my ass--- hard. Skatedrifter's wife checked my butt, no glass though

We were just mad there was no video of this, it was hilarious.

2014-04-21 04:05:17 PM

VivianVivisect: I wanted to write this sober, I want to thank each and every one of you that came out, From the bottom of my heart I know you made an effort to be with us. I'm extremely proud of the women Farkers that came out. I hope you guys have many more parties in the area, I know theropod that wanted to throw one, do it!

You guys made my night. We had cool conversation yo.

Back at you, lady- and glad your butt survived! Everyone was terribly cool and welcoming. Y'all are top quality! Hope to do it again sometime :)

2014-04-21 05:59:28 PM
We are home safe in San Clemente, let's do this again soon

Xoxoxo