Host: doyner
Description: It's happening DC/NOVA/"Merry" Land (Arlington) Liver prep course. Jay's, 7PM 25 "Jan." There will be n00bs
Date/Time: January 25, 2014 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: davin is the hostess, doyner is your cruise director

Due to the interest in the February 1st Arlington party and the conflicting schedules, and our need for fun, classic dive bars, we made the Jay's Saloon Party on 1/25 official. To many of you said you're coming for us to blow this thing off, so It's on.

Come enjoy the lifestyles of the indebted and classless!

Live entertainment is of the BYO variety, but there will be an acapella rendering of the Puddles Pity Party cover of "Royals."

Location: Jay's Saloon
3114 N. 10th St
Arlington, VA 22201

(view map)

786 clicks; posted to Main » on 25 Jan 2014 at 7:59 AM (38 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all

2014-01-24 07:15:41 PM

cdn.overclock.net

2014-01-24 07:17:37 PM

2014-01-24 07:19:02 PM
Speak english, motherfarker

2014-01-24 07:21:09 PM

2014-01-24 07:22:23 PM

monty666: Speak english, motherfarker

tuffsnake: It's mer-uh-lind subby and what do you have against the rest of VA? Hell you could get halfway down the state in the time it would take to get to Arlington from Baltimore in rush hour

If you say it to my face tomorrow I'll buy you a beer.

2014-01-24 07:26:13 PM
GODDAMN IT.

That is literally party number FOUR that had been scheduled for tomorrow night that I've been invited to.

What is it about tomorrow night!?

2014-01-24 07:27:27 PM

Rincewind53: GODDAMN IT.

What is it about tomorrow night!?

It's not February 1.

2014-01-24 07:27:47 PM

doyner: monty666: Speak english, motherfarker

If you say it to my face tomorrow I'll buy you a beer.

2014-01-24 07:28:46 PM

doyner: Rincewind53: GODDAMN IT.

What is it about tomorrow night!?

It's not February 1.

I'm going to try to make that one

2014-01-24 07:28:58 PM

Bummer man.

Which thread would that be?

2014-01-24 07:29:28 PM

But with a little luck maybe Barry and Joe will show up in Joe's kick-ass Trans Am.

2014-01-24 07:30:55 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: "Impromptu" or even "semi-impromptu" might have been useful in the headline, squid.

It's not impromptu.  It was scheduled a while ago. RTFT!

2014-01-24 07:36:03 PM
I should go, I should go, I should go...

He'll keep calling me...keep calling me...keep calling me...

2014-01-24 07:36:51 PM

blackminded: I should go, I should go, I should go...

He'll keep calling me...keep calling me...keep calling me...

img.fark.net

2014-01-24 07:38:07 PM

doyner: tuffsnake: I would like to, ESP since you started one of my all time favorite threads but it's too short notice I have dinner plans tomorrow night :/

Bummer man.

Which thread would that be?

2014-01-24 07:38:15 PM
Never heard of it.

2014-01-24 07:39:31 PM

Mr. Murder: Never heard of it.

We're fine with this.  We didn't come from money.

2014-01-24 07:39:40 PM

2014-01-24 07:43:31 PM

Good times, man...

Good times.

Do wish you could make it....

2014-01-24 07:44:37 PM
Order the Boot Hill Fries. They are how I survived law school.

2014-01-24 07:45:16 PM
Can we start having these somewhere where I can afford to drive to.

2014-01-24 07:47:03 PM

doyner: It's not impromptu. It was scheduled a while ago. RTFT!

I did. There was a "survey" thread a while back but this is the first official notification I've seen posted. There's a regular schedule for when the reminders are posted for Fark parties.

And you damn well better post a video of the a cappela cover of Royals.

/Good luck in SD

2014-01-24 07:47:07 PM

kronicfeld: Order the Boot Hill Fries. They are how I survived law school.

For some damned reason I've had you favorited since around 2007.  Show up and I'll buy you some Boot Hill Fries.

2014-01-24 07:48:10 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: doyner: It's not impromptu. It was scheduled a while ago. RTFT!

And you damn well better post a video of the a cappela cover of Royals.

/Good luck in SD

Click the link in the second post!!!!

Thanks, mang.

2014-01-24 07:49:18 PM

2014-01-24 07:50:49 PM

There's free parking.

2014-01-24 07:56:56 PM

doyner: cptjeff: Is parking possible near there for reasonable rates, or will I have to take the metro on a weekend? With a transfer, no less?

There's free parking.

Thanks!

2014-01-24 08:01:40 PM

doyner: tuffsnake: Damnit. There was a thread long ago with the photo from your profile where people were shooping it

Good times, man...

Good times.

Do wish you could make it....

Me too :/. I'll toast a beer to you all!

2014-01-24 08:03:07 PM

2014-01-24 08:08:54 PM

Your profile sucks.  I hope you're more interesting in person.

2014-01-24 08:20:42 PM
Any hookers & blackjack?

2014-01-24 08:23:29 PM

groppet: Any hookers & blackjack?

Yes, and much, much more.

2014-01-24 09:23:29 PM

doyner: davin: Holy shiat, a party???!!! Holy shiat, I'm hosting it??!! This is gonna be awesome!!!!

Your profile sucks.  I hope you're more interesting in person.

I hope I've updated myself more recently....

2014-01-24 10:09:14 PM
What the fark am i seeing on my dashboard? Stop Stop Stop please. I thank you.

2014-01-24 11:22:42 PM
If I wasn't in a wheelchair and unable to move myself around I would so be there.

2014-01-24 11:45:27 PM
I don't think I have posted a comment on fark in almost 5 years. However, the app on my iPhone insists on loudly reminding me of this event every few days... I'd come, but I recognize very few names in this thread... Still, any excuse to drink....

2014-01-25 01:34:14 AM

2014-01-25 01:36:47 AM

Jan is a person.  It is an inside joke.  Come and you'll meet her.

2014-01-25 01:49:51 AM

Jan is a person.  It is an inside joke.  Come and you'll meet her.

Well now, THAT explains it! Wish I could, it's a long drive from Southern California :)

2014-01-25 01:55:16 AM

brownlady79: doyner: brownlady79: Why are there quotation marks around Jan? That's not how you use those. That whole headline sucks. Mostly because I can't go to this party.

Jan is a person.  It is an inside joke.  Come and you'll meet her.

img.fark.net

2014-01-25 01:58:16 AM
Is...is that a flying dildo??

2014-01-25 01:59:32 AM

brownlady79: Is...is that a flying dildo??

img.fark.net

2014-01-25 08:41:30 AM
Sheesh, Arlington?  Can't you all be in Reston and pretend it's Arlington? That's what the rest of us do.  There's free parking and the cops don't follow us around.

2014-01-25 09:08:50 AM
Silly hats!

2014-01-25 09:09:08 AM
I am still unclear, is there a party on Feb 1 as well?  I cannot make it to this party.  Next week perhaps....

2014-01-25 10:00:48 AM
Jay's Coffee is the bomb! Rosslyn station.

2014-01-25 10:16:30 AM
I don't know any of you. Should I go?

2014-01-25 10:22:19 AM
I will not be there.  Better to have all of you assume that I am lame than show up and confirm it for you.

But if any of you get arrested, EIP -- I have a good friend who is a reasonably priced criminal defense attorney in Arlington.

2014-01-25 11:21:16 AM

thamike: Sheesh, Arlington? Can't you all be in Reston and pretend it's Arlington? That's what the rest of us do. There's free parking and the cops don't follow us around.

Brace yourself. Metro is coming.

2014-01-25 11:59:06 AM
How come the Hard Core Farkers never announce a Fark-Party at Dan's Cafe on 18th?

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all