Host: stainedglassdoll
Description: May 3, 8pm: STL Fark Party 2: Electric Boogaloo (UPDATED)
Date/Time: May 3, 2014 - Time TBD
Party Info: Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/596269863759416/
Get drunk, climb on shiat, shove children and throw balls in their faces (plastic ones of course). We're doing a Fark Party Redux at the City Museum on the first weekend in May.

More details to come, but possible fun activities:
the zoo!
museums (it's like a zoo for art)!
bars!
gardens (it's like a zoo for plants)!
good food!

Hope to see everyone there!
-SGD

------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE (4/16/14):

OK FOLKS HERE'S ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE SO FAR:

Transportation:
------------------------------------------------
-Here is a map of the Saint Louis primary metro route:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/MetroLink_map_Oct2 0 08.svg
-A day pass costs $7.50, but there are other options as well. The fare chart can be found here: http://www.metrostlouis.org/FaresPasses/FareChart.aspx
-Three major stops to note:
1) Lambert-STL: This is the airport stop. I am offering to drive people to/from the airport maybe, but if not, the metro is going to be cheaper than a taxi.
2) 8th and Pine: This stop is the closest stop to the Omni hotel, where most folks are staying. It's about 0.2 miles, so not a far walk at all. This is also the closest stop to the main party venue on Saturday night (0.7 miles, ~15 min walk).
3) Central West End: This stop is near the Karaoke bar some of us are planning to go to Friday night (more info on that below).

Itinerary:
--------------------------------------------------
Friday evening: Some of us are planning to go to karaoke. The place I'm most familiar with is Tom's Bar and Grill. Karaoke starts at 9 pm, but I'll probably get there earlier to grab a table, drinks, dinner, etc. http://www.tomsbarandgrill.com/events.html

Saturday, day: There are lots of things to do in Saint Louis, so have fun exploring the city! If you have any ideas for things you want to do as a group, let me know. We may go to dinner at Schlafly Bottleworks, so that's an option. Let me know if you need suggestions, too.

Saturday, 8 pm - ???: The main party is being held at City Museum (http://citymuseum.org/site/). ***There is a General Admission fee!*** The fee is $10 + tax. Sorry. When you enter the Museum, there is a bar shaped like a log cabin on the left. This will be the main meetup location for the party. People will be coming and going through the building during the party but that will be the general base of operations. City Museum closes at midnight, but there are plenty of bars and clubs and general cool shiat in the area so we can keep the party going for awhile.

Sunday, brunch: I was hoping we could all nurse our hangovers at Rooster on Sunday (http://roosterstl.com/). It's near the hotel, and the food is pretty good as far as I've experienced. If we want to go as a whole group we can call ahead, or just kind of trickle in and commandeer the place, I suppose.

----------------------
That's all the information I have so far. Hope that helps, let me know what other information you need!

2398 clicks; posted to Main » on 03 May 2014 at 11:41 AM (29 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all

2014-01-16 03:36:13 PM

LaurenAguilera: I have no powers from my laundry room.

NO! That's  our joke at your expense! Not yours!

/I can't stay mad at you.

2014-01-16 03:38:17 PM

Shaggydum80: unremarkable asterisk: Shaggydum80: If you like to drink, we have a sh*tload of bars, but there aren't a ton of other attractions here aside from all of the Abraham Lincoln stuff.

i have been known to imbibe from time to time.
had a great time at obed and isaac's.

Of the two local brewpubs that have opened in town so far, they have the better beer. I give the edge on food to Engrained, but their beer needs a lot of work. Overall I think Obed and Isaacs is better.

not a big beer drinker, but we did do the beer samplings.  they were decent.  one thing we really liked was that they also did whiskey samplings.  that was interesting.  the food was really good.

2014-01-16 03:42:00 PM
I hope my 14 tetanus shots from last year are still enough. See you all there.

2014-01-16 03:44:52 PM

One Bad Apple: I hope my 14 tetanus shots from last year are still enough. See you all there.

Don't forget your dirty stache

2014-01-16 03:47:12 PM

Honest Bender: LaurenAguilera: I have no powers from my laundry room.

NO! That's  our joke at your expense! Not yours!

/I can't stay mad at you.

Ha! I'm not even at home.

I left the house... To fark on my phone...

That's my level.

2014-01-16 03:47:15 PM
I have a creeper goatee now

2014-01-16 04:24:46 PM

2014-01-16 04:40:50 PM
That looks like a fantastic venue.  Wish I could be there.

2014-01-16 04:41:55 PM
I had fun last year. I drank a lot of gin. 5/3 will be Kentucky Derby day, for what it's worth.

ecl
2014-01-16 04:45:15 PM
Dubourg.  Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

2014-01-16 04:47:38 PM

2014-01-16 04:53:59 PM

Grand_Moff_Joseph: Bookmarking this thread for later.  We may be out of town at that time, but if not, we'll definitely try to make it.  :D

Hope to see you guys again!

2014-01-16 05:10:39 PM

Hazelwood East co 1998

/yeah I know, it's technically in STL County, but whatever
//missed the last one, but will do my best to attend this one

2014-01-16 05:16:49 PM

2014-01-16 05:21:32 PM
I'm going to try...

Just tell them Beverly Hills and watch the ol' noodle work that over.

/From beyond STL so I get the funny look anyway

2014-01-16 05:25:39 PM

JAGChem82: Mark Ratner: Be prepared to answer the most important question concerning St. Louis residents: where did you go to high school?

Hazelwood East co 1998

/yeah I know, it's technically in STL County, but whatever
//missed the last one, but will do my best to attend this one

Stl county is the same thing. ;-)

2014-01-16 05:28:07 PM

edmo: I'm going to try...

Just tell them Beverly Hills and watch the ol' noodle work that over.

/From beyond STL so I get the funny look anyway

hahaha.

2014-01-16 06:18:17 PM

JAGChem82: Hazelwood East co 1998

Had I not moved to Oklahoma, I would have been a Spartan.

2014-01-16 06:43:04 PM

Current Resident: JAGChem82: Hazelwood East co 1998

Had I not moved to Oklahoma, I would have been a Spartan.

I live in GA now, and have for the past 4 years, but I went back to STL for a half-week in October.

2014-01-16 06:56:07 PM

JAGChem82: Cool - I was wondering if was the only North Countier (current or former) on Fark.

I moved back to the area about 10 years ago.

Where'd you go to Jr. High? I'm a Kirby veteran.

2014-01-16 07:40:09 PM
Florissant here...may come out. We shall see.

2014-01-16 08:09:01 PM
cdn.thatssotrue.com

2014-01-16 08:37:04 PM
I hope to be able to make it, seeing as how all I'd have to do is get on I-64 and drive west for 4 hrs. It all just depends on if finances allow the dude and I to go.

2014-01-16 08:53:19 PM

professorkowalski: Nobody voluntarily goes to Missouri

I'm going Saturday to see the Ducks vs. Blues.

I heart STL. I've never lived there but grew up 120 miles away. The City Museum is so great, I did kind of shove a kid the last time I went there. Little shiat was hogging the tunnel.

Mayhap I'll go to this if I can connect it to a hockey game or family visit.

2014-01-16 09:07:10 PM
I'm so going to be there. Maybe I will meet some of my haters face to face.

2014-01-16 10:44:08 PM

Bring your friends!

2014-01-17 05:48:49 PM

stainedglassdoll: MustardTiger: Hmmmm this is 3 hours from me... I have tackled this day o' fun with friends, but it might be even more fun with strangers... I'm in!

Bring your friends!

Will doooo!

ecl
2014-01-17 06:11:25 PM

bigpeeler: I'm so going to be there. Maybe I will meet some of my haters face to face.

Or maybe you'll choke to death on a dick before the event.

2014-01-18 04:32:34 PM
Hanging out downtown right now, I love this city.

MBK [TotalFark]
2014-01-26 10:11:48 PM
I'M GOING

COME SEE ME

I'm awesome!

2014-02-05 10:13:16 PM
Well, if I can fly to Vegas, why can't I drive to St. Louis?

2014-04-03 01:12:19 AM
Ha the great thing about being from St Louis is that for me, the East Coast is flyover country!

2014-04-03 02:39:27 AM
son of a biatch
bastard
goddamn
fark
shiat
asshole

I can't make it to this one--I have a public astronomy event that night, and if I don't go, no-one will get to look at cool shiat.  Fark.

Maybe if I know way ahead of time that the weather will suck, we might be able to be there.

2014-04-03 03:42:48 AM
s3-ec.buzzfed.com

2014-04-16 02:15:44 AM
OK GUYS HERE'S THE SCOOP:

I've updated both the facebook event page and this page to include information about the party, hotel, transportation, etc (FB event page:  https://www.facebook.com/events/596269863759416/ ).  Please let me know if you have any questions, or suggestions for group activities on Saturday or things you want to do and other whathaveyous.

It's going to be a farking awesome showdown.  Maybe this year we'll meet another celebrity (last year farkers met Flavor Flaaaav)!

2014-04-16 03:03:31 AM

2014-04-16 09:43:15 PM

stainedglassdoll: Also, bring your health insurance information.  Someone is bound to get hurt.  We should take bets on who it'll be.

I'm betting on the first person that picks Timber for karaoke.

2014-04-19 01:13:33 AM

mrswood: I could probably grace you all with my presence.

You'r going hmmm I might need to make a trip you're cool and I'd love to meet ya.

2014-04-19 02:18:47 AM
Will there be name tags provided?

2014-04-19 08:20:21 AM

tinfoil-hat maggie: mrswood: I could probably grace you all with my presence.

Yessssss! You should go!

2014-04-19 05:06:51 PM

Mark Ratner: Will there be name tags provided?

I'll have blank name tags and assorted markers, yes.

2014-04-21 12:53:21 PM
Looking forward to my yearly pilgrammage back to STL for this.

2014-04-25 02:13:20 PM
That's also the weekend for the Microfest in Forest Park. Microbeer tasting event.  http://stlmicrofest.org/

2014-04-26 01:01:09 AM
Can I bring my snake?!

media1.giphy.com

2014-04-26 02:14:30 AM

2014-04-26 03:24:34 AM

stainedglassdoll: Huck Chaser: unremarkable asterisk: Huck Chaser: RexTalionis: Is Missouri very racist? Do I need to disguise myself as a white man?

I don't know about Missour-ah, but in Missour-ee (i.e. St. Louis), you'll be fine.

ugh. don't.
just, don't.

Hey, don't blame me that the rest of the state is filled with people who pronounce things weirdly, e.g. "Worshington" instead of "Washington."

The thing that makes my eye twitch the most is "melk" instead of "milk".

Yur all idyets.

I'll be there. Just to get asked to leave.

2014-04-26 03:32:33 AM

stainedglassdoll: RexTalionis: Is Missouri very racist? Do I need to disguise myself as a white man?

You'll be fine in St. Louis.  Tons of Asians here.

You can still call em Orientals here in STL. And we are super progressive: We have Chinese and Mexican restaurants on every block!

2014-04-26 06:47:48 AM
Mother of god... a fark party in Missouri.  And only an hour and a half away.  Hmm..

2014-04-26 08:34:09 AM
This is in no way a bookmark.

2014-04-26 10:01:21 PM
I'm in, but, much like on Fark, I'll be in the corner listending to everyone else argue and/or be funny.

/excited
//scared
///I live here, do I have to stay at the hotel?

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all