Do you have adblock enabled?
Host: stainedglassdoll
Description: May 3, 8pm: STL Fark Party 2: Electric Boogaloo (UPDATED)
Date/Time: May 3, 2014 - Time TBD
Party Info: Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/596269863759416/
Get drunk, climb on shiat, shove children and throw balls in their faces (plastic ones of course). We're doing a Fark Party Redux at the City Museum on the first weekend in May.

More details to come, but possible fun activities:
the zoo!
museums (it's like a zoo for art)!
bars!
gardens (it's like a zoo for plants)!
good food!

Hope to see everyone there!
-SGD

------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE (4/16/14):

OK FOLKS HERE'S ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE SO FAR:

Transportation:
------------------------------------------------
-Here is a map of the Saint Louis primary metro route:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/MetroLink_map_Oct2 0 08.svg
-A day pass costs $7.50, but there are other options as well. The fare chart can be found here: http://www.metrostlouis.org/FaresPasses/FareChart.aspx
-Three major stops to note:
1) Lambert-STL: This is the airport stop. I am offering to drive people to/from the airport maybe, but if not, the metro is going to be cheaper than a taxi.
2) 8th and Pine: This stop is the closest stop to the Omni hotel, where most folks are staying. It's about 0.2 miles, so not a far walk at all. This is also the closest stop to the main party venue on Saturday night (0.7 miles, ~15 min walk).
3) Central West End: This stop is near the Karaoke bar some of us are planning to go to Friday night (more info on that below).

Itinerary:
--------------------------------------------------
Friday evening: Some of us are planning to go to karaoke. The place I'm most familiar with is Tom's Bar and Grill. Karaoke starts at 9 pm, but I'll probably get there earlier to grab a table, drinks, dinner, etc. http://www.tomsbarandgrill.com/events.html

Saturday, day: There are lots of things to do in Saint Louis, so have fun exploring the city! If you have any ideas for things you want to do as a group, let me know. We may go to dinner at Schlafly Bottleworks, so that's an option. Let me know if you need suggestions, too.

Saturday, 8 pm - ???: The main party is being held at City Museum (http://citymuseum.org/site/). ***There is a General Admission fee!*** The fee is $10 + tax. Sorry. When you enter the Museum, there is a bar shaped like a log cabin on the left. This will be the main meetup location for the party. People will be coming and going through the building during the party but that will be the general base of operations. City Museum closes at midnight, but there are plenty of bars and clubs and general cool shiat in the area so we can keep the party going for awhile.

Sunday, brunch: I was hoping we could all nurse our hangovers at Rooster on Sunday (http://roosterstl.com/). It's near the hotel, and the food is pretty good as far as I've experienced. If we want to go as a whole group we can call ahead, or just kind of trickle in and commandeer the place, I suppose.

----------------------
That's all the information I have so far. Hope that helps, let me know what other information you need!

2414 clicks; posted to Main » on 03 May 2014 at 11:41 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all

2014-04-26 10:56:09 PM

/excited
//scared
///I live here, do I have to stay at the hotel?

Nope.  Just show up!

2014-04-27 12:50:48 AM
I've got Molly Lewis' "Road Trip" song queued up already.

2014-04-30 06:55:19 AM
May 3rd?  This Saturday?

Once again, I'll have to work that night, so unless the party starts before 2 pm, I'm not going to be able to attend.

2014-04-30 09:43:54 AM

/excited
//scared
///I live here, do I have to stay at the hotel?

Nope.  Just show up!

Just to clarify because I've never been to a Fark party before, are you saying I don't need to get on a list or anything? I just show up at the City Museum on Saturday?

2014-04-30 10:06:55 AM

/excited
//scared
///I live here, do I have to stay at the hotel?

Nope.  Just show up!

You should probably be prepared to give up the butt

2014-04-30 11:08:58 AM

/excited
//scared
///I live here, do I have to stay at the hotel?

Nope.  Just show up!

Yep!  We'll be HQing in the Log Cabin bar.

2014-04-30 11:12:09 AM

stainedglassdoll: Shaggydum80: stainedglassdoll: MereMortal: I'm in, but, much like on Fark, I'll be in the corner listending to everyone else argue and/or be funny.

/excited
//scared
///I live here, do I have to stay at the hotel?

Nope.  Just show up!

Yep!  We'll be HQing in the Log Cabin bar.

Awesome. Fairly sure I'm going to be able to make it at this point. Just need to get a hotel room. Thanks.

2014-04-30 04:58:17 PM
Cool!  Seems like everytime there is a Fark Party in the STL I am out of town schoolin.  In town this time and gonna try my damnest to be there!

2014-04-30 05:52:51 PM
I'm getting SUPER EXCITED.  I can't wait to see everyone there!

2014-05-02 01:08:48 AM
Can someone pick me up on the way? I'm only on the other side of the country.

2014-05-02 02:34:41 AM

2014-05-02 04:17:41 AM
I guess if someone wants to meet me after your party on Saturday night, I could provide instructions to my workplace.. it's not all that close to the City Museum, though.  I'm out in Westport.

2014-05-02 06:11:41 AM

Mark Ratner: Be prepared to answer the most important question concerning St. Louis residents: where did you go to high school?

John F. Kennedy

2014-05-02 08:43:53 AM
Of course I see this AFTER agreeing to work for basically all of the times activities have been suggested. I'll *try* to meet up with you guys somewhere, but it may well depend on regular updates to the thread during said activities.

If I *do* show up, I'll bring cameras for postings on the lines. And for the capturing of souls.

SCSB: At a car show a couple weeks ago, a 3-4 yr old child was FASCINATED by my huge lenses, and sat and watched me take pictures for a few minutes. His mom was with him, saying things like "He's taking pictures, like we do with you! His camera is just WAY bigger" etc. As I get up to move, I quickly spin to point it at him, click the shutter and say "HA HA! Now I have your soul!" There was a half second of silence, and the kid bursts into wailing tears. His mom thought this was hilarious. This was good, because it meant I didn't have to feel bad about making a kid cry.

2014-05-02 10:50:16 AM

Mark Ratner: I might be there. I'm sure there's less than half a dozen people who gives a shiat. If I knew that Drew, Mike, Bathia, Unfreakable, Brap, Xanadien, Calbert, Meow, Megarian, Some beer drinker, Funkout, and a few others I can't think of right now, I would probably, most likely go.

Well, at least one of those will be there, I hear....

2014-05-02 01:07:59 PM

I say we bet on who gets stuck in one of the little tunnels and needs the jaws of life.

2014-05-02 01:25:28 PM

It'll be MBK.  Or me.

2014-05-02 02:05:00 PM

It'll be MBK.  Or me.

Or our resident giant lumberjack.

2014-05-02 02:14:37 PM

It'll be MBK.  Or me.

Or our resident giant lumberjack.

We should probably get The Hobbit's feet waxed so they don't get caught in a fence or something.

2014-05-02 02:16:39 PM

SumFrequency: stainedglassdoll: SumFrequency: Mobutu: stainedglassdoll: Also, bring your health insurance information.  Someone is bound to get hurt.  We should take bets on who it'll be.

It'll be MBK.  Or me.

Or our resident giant lumberjack.

No, he'll be ok.  Hobbits are surprisingly nimble.

2014-05-02 04:14:00 PM

Sorry, but you're thinking of rural Illinois. There's actually black people in Missouri.

2014-05-02 04:26:40 PM
Soon

2014-05-02 04:27:42 PM

FTGodWin: RexTalionis: Is Missouri very racist? Do I need to disguise myself as a white man?

Rex is asian.  There are lots of asians here too, though.

2014-05-02 05:31:48 PM
And Omni

2014-05-02 05:59:24 PM
Anyone else here? I just checked in at the omni.

2014-05-02 10:14:24 PM
I just arrived at omni.

2014-05-02 11:02:29 PM
Oh man it's already crazy awesome AND IT'S ONLY THE PRE PARTY

2014-05-03 12:53:31 AM
*hic*

TOO MUCH WOODFORD RESERVE

ecl
2014-05-03 09:26:08 AM

RexTalionis: stainedglassdoll: RexTalionis: Is Missouri very racist? Do I need to disguise myself as a white man?

You'll be fine in St. Louis.  Tons of Asians here.

Oh, god, what kind of Asians? Do I need to disguise myself as a Filipino?

Ladyboys.

2014-05-03 12:24:14 PM
Have fun, all.  Maybe I'll be able to be back next year.  (Talking astronomy to the masses takes precedence tonight.)

2014-05-03 01:17:35 PM

ecl
2014-05-03 11:32:55 PM
Is it worth coming down?  I've got Rifftrax Crossroads going and I'd hate to miss the end of it.

2014-05-04 01:20:43 AM
Man, City Museum was fun but I still think it's an OSHA training ground

2014-05-04 01:26:48 AM

Mike: Man, City Museum was fun but I still think it's an OSHA training ground

Heh, yeah, that's the place.  Also not exactly the place for keeping track of your toddlers.

2014-05-04 01:35:14 AM
Or as a local Facebook friend put it, Tim Burton's Playset

(Which is my Danny Elfman cover band)

2014-05-04 01:40:01 AM
Selling kneepads in the giftshop was a great idea.

2014-05-04 02:15:13 AM
That was awesome.  Thanks everyone for coming out! I had a blast!

2014-05-04 02:17:43 AM
Meanwhile, I'm having an exceedingly quiet night at work in Westport.  Which beats the heck out of the busy ones.

2014-05-04 02:50:13 AM

Bukharin: Selling kneepads in the giftshop was a great idea.

O.O

2014-05-04 10:33:20 AM
What time do you think the brunch will end by?

2014-05-04 11:44:49 AM

JAGChem82: What time do you think the brunch will end by?

Noon or so

2014-05-04 12:09:27 PM

Incorrigible Astronaut: JAGChem82: What time do you think the brunch will end by?

Noon or so

Darn. I'll miss it then - going to lunch with my sister and her friend. Give my regards to the Fark brigade for a great weekend and I'll see you at the next STL a Fark party.

2014-05-04 01:27:58 PM
Is anybody going to make with the pictures in here ?

2014-05-04 04:35:38 PM

One Bad Apple: Is anybody going to make with the pictures in here ?

Haha you're not on facebook?

2014-05-04 07:02:45 PM
Those are all pictures from Friday when I wasn't there.

MBK [TotalFark]
2014-05-04 07:52:05 PM
I'll post pics once I get home.

2014-05-04 08:02:11 PM
I didn't take many pics at the party, sorry.

2014-05-04 08:06:42 PM
Just made it home.
That was a blast.

Let's do it again soon!

2014-05-04 09:47:46 PM

One Bad Apple: Those are all pictures from Friday when I wasn't there.

I just posted videos to the FB event page. Low quality 'cos my phone is shiat.

2014-05-05 08:36:22 AM
I posted a bunch of pictures on my FB page. Given that this (and the event page) are public, I didn't want to put EVERYTHING here, but here are a couple:

scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net