Host: Raging Thespian
Description: It's a very Twin Cities Farksgiving. November 23rd
Date/Time: November 23, 2013 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: We haven't had a Twin Cities Fark Party in a while and we haven't had one in St. Paul in ages so it's time to rectify that!

The plan is to meet at Freddy's Tiki Hut (1820 Rice Street) and maybe move to McCarron's (1986 Rice Street) at some point in the evening.

Facebook event (if you're into that kind of thing: http://www.facebook.com/events/193335987512793/

Location: Freddy's Tiki Hut
1820 Rice St
St. Paul, MN 55113
(651) 489-9463
(view map)

3083 clicks; posted to Main » on 23 Nov 2013 at 7:59 AM (40 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | » | Last | Show all

2013-11-22 06:16:47 PM

Mike: Anything up tonite?

Blue Door Pub in St Paul has been suggested to me.

Sounds good to me, I'm in. What time were you planning to get there?

2013-11-22 06:25:07 PM

Raging Thespian: Mike: Anything up tonite?

Blue Door Pub in St Paul has been suggested to me.

Sounds good to me, I'm in. What time were you planning to get there?

I have a couple things to take care of but I'll probably be at the Blue Door around 8pm. Hopefully I will see you and many others there.

2013-11-22 06:34:14 PM
8's fine

2013-11-22 07:27:38 PM
FYI, planning for this evening is underway in the Facebook event.

2013-11-22 08:22:00 PM

Mike: Anything up tonite?

Blue Door Pub in St Paul has been suggested to me.

Raging Thespian: I'll probably be at the Blue Door around 8pm

F*CK - wish I had seen these posts a couple of beers ago...been wanting to try a Blucy for a while now. Lemme see what I can do.

Raging Thespian: Facebook

LOL'd. Really?

2013-11-22 09:13:23 PM
Thank you for staying out of Northeast Minneapolis

2013-11-22 10:43:20 PM

Mike: (I kid.  I wouldn't be driving up there otherwise.)

Cusses.  I was hoping you weren't going to be able to make it this time . . . because I can't.  Would have been nice to bang heads a while.

2013-11-22 10:57:21 PM
We're heading to the Dubliner now, if you're interested.

2013-11-22 11:01:31 PM
Sounds good, but I'm glad to be home - and it was great to see you all again.

I'll do what I can to drag MuRH out to Freddy's tomorrow evening. :)

2013-11-23 01:34:12 AM
Good time tonight, can't wait for tomorrow!

Also, DayDreamingD is comically unacclimatized to Minnesota weather.

i.imgur.com

2013-11-23 02:26:48 AM

2013-11-23 07:25:58 AM

2013-11-23 09:54:19 AM

demonfaerie: It looks like I shall be attending this party after all, but it won't be til around 8:30. I will be going to watch Doctor Who in the theaters, and then head over to the party.

No worries. Just remember, if we're not at Freddy's we've moved to McCarron's. I'll try to keep this thread updated on our location too.

I'm planning to get there at 7pm so no one else has to be the awkward first person there. Most folks drift in any time between 7-9.

2013-11-23 10:17:44 AM

I'm leaving Omaha around 1 pm and should show up 7 ish

2013-11-23 10:28:54 AM

One Bad Apple: Incorrigible Astronaut: What time are most people showing up tonight? I'm figuring that it's a 5 hour drive or so from Milwaukee and don't want to get there too early.

I'm leaving Omaha around 1 pm and should show up 7 ish

Sweet, you're coming? Excellent. Now I just need to narrow down a hotel.

2013-11-23 02:52:00 PM

Raging Thespian: Good time tonight, can't wait for tomorrow!

Also, DayDreamingD is comically unacclimatized to Minnesota weather.

[i.imgur.com image 816x612]

That's a man, baby!

2013-11-23 03:03:17 PM

Raging Thespian: DayDreamingD is comically unacclimatized to Minnesota weather

Minnesota winters are not kind to skinny people.

2013-11-23 04:06:24 PM

Going to do a few hours of work, then show up around 7:30 or so

2013-11-23 06:00:50 PM

Raging Thespian: I'm planning to get there at 7pm so no one else has to be the awkward first person there. Most folks drift in any time between 7-9

GW, WTFisthat, and I should be there around 7 or shortly after.

2013-11-23 06:53:18 PM
GWSuperfan and I have left Mankato and are on our way to Fairbault to pick up wtfisthat.

See you all very soon!!!

2013-11-23 07:43:32 PM
Just got to Freddie's, farkers need to get lights for their sign.

2013-11-23 07:58:07 PM

Bugerz: Just got to Freddie's, farkers need to get lights for their sign.

Are you blind ? That place is covered in tacky red neon piping

2013-11-23 08:01:27 PM

One Bad Apple: Bugerz: Just got to Freddie's, farkers need to get lights for their sign.

Are you blind ? That place is covered in tacky red neon piping

Pretty much blind.

2013-11-23 08:02:15 PM
We're here. I assume it was Bugerz that requested What The Fox Say on the jukebox.

2013-11-23 08:11:27 PM
I got everything loaded into my apartment. It's a goddamn mess but I think I'll be able to swing out.

2013-11-23 08:43:40 PM
Filthy smokers.

i.imgur.com

2013-11-23 09:54:14 PM
Heading to McCarron's now!

2013-11-23 10:03:21 PM
At McCarron's in the left back corner! Look for the herd of people on their phones.

2013-11-23 10:26:06 PM

Bugerz:

Are you blind ? That place is covered in tacky red neon piping

Pretty much blind.

Better than Incoragable his drunk ass got lost going a block

2013-11-23 10:52:22 PM
Bartender just brought us all shots just because we showed up at his bar. Yay booze!

2013-11-23 11:54:08 PM
Well, I'm in St. Paul, drinking with a Farker, but I won't be seeing you all tonight.

2013-11-24 01:48:10 AM
GW and I made it back to Mankato safely! Party on, people.

2013-11-24 02:18:11 AM
Got back to minneapolis with no popo interference. Good night all!

2013-11-24 08:50:38 AM
Thanks everyone for coming out! It was good times.

2013-11-24 09:36:28 AM
It was good seeing everyone one again, and meeting some for the first time.

Thanks for setting it up Mr. Thespian. I think the bartender there is already looking forward to our return to McCarron's.

2013-11-24 10:24:41 AM
Kudos, Raging Thespian. You picked the perfect places for our weird little group, and I think everybody had a great time. The goofy gifts were just priceless. Oh, and we got this:

img.fark.net

One Bad Apple: Bugerz:

Are you blind ? That place is covered in tacky red neon piping

Pretty much blind.

Better than Incoragable his drunk ass got lost going a block

Hey, I'd had a couple of drinks, didn't know where I was going, and followed a guy that decided to go home at the last second. It only took me 12 miles to realize that I needed to turn around, haha.

2013-11-24 11:10:42 AM

img.fark.net
img.fark.net
img.fark.net
img.fark.net
img.fark.net
img.fark.net
img.fark.net
img.fark.net

2013-11-24 11:50:29 AM

2013-11-24 12:17:39 PM

Blushing Wall Flower: YAY thank you for putting me on your butts LlamaGirl and fat aristotle :) you are the best.

That's Bugerz's butt. Your name is on aristotle's chest. I feel like they should be offended in some way.

2013-11-24 03:47:21 PM

[img.fark.net image 842x1500]
[img.fark.net image 850x478]
[img.fark.net image 850x1133]

Who's who there? I recognize some of you people.

2013-11-24 04:08:36 PM

Incorrigible Astronaut: img.fark.net

dafuq - no spidermann?

2013-11-24 05:13:33 PM
i.imgur.com

A long drive but worth it to meet these particular farkers. Me and "Scrotie" my prize pufferfish made it home without seeing any pesky law enforcement types. You voyeuristic lurker types both fascinate and skeeve me out but I'm glad you came and special thanks to the person who was not supposed to be there at all

2013-11-24 05:23:19 PM

make me some tea: Incorrigible Astronaut: Hey guys, rather than host these on the public page for this event and risk people getting tagged when they don't want to be, I'm going to post pictures from last night here and let everybody save/rehost them on your own.

[img.fark.net image 842x1500]
[img.fark.net image 850x478]
[img.fark.net image 850x1133]

Who's who there? I recognize some of you people.

I'm the guy with all the name tags.

2013-11-24 05:40:20 PM

[img.fark.net image 842x1500]
[img.fark.net image 850x478]
[img.fark.net image 850x1133]

Who's who there? I recognize some of you people.

I'm the guy with no hair

2013-11-24 05:52:05 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Incorrigible Astronaut: img.fark.net

dafuq - no spidermann?

He was sick.

2013-11-24 06:50:51 PM

LlamaGirl: Lava Lamp Repairman: Incorrigible Astronaut: img.fark.net

dafuq - no spidermann?

He was sick.

Yup. Woke up sick. Wasn't fun.

2013-11-24 06:52:20 PM

[img.fark.net image 842x1500]
[img.fark.net image 850x478]
[img.fark.net image 850x1133]

Who's who there? I recognize some of you people.

Clockwise from bottom: Bugerz, alwayslurking, Scott (don't know what his Fark handle is), Mike, onebadapple, WTFisthat, fat aristotle, demonfairie's friend, demonfairie, kosmokenny, llamagirl, GWsuperfan, beatlefreak, Raging Thespian, Josh (don't remember his Fark handle). I was taking the picture, and we also had Nezorf, rappy, and Doogles4421 there at one point or another.

2013-11-24 06:55:43 PM

Incorrigible Astronaut:

How did Nezzie not get in any pics ?

2013-11-24 07:02:07 PM

spidermann: LlamaGirl: Lava Lamp Repairman: Incorrigible Astronaut: img.fark.net

dafuq - no spidermann?

He was sick.

Yup. Woke up sick. Wasn't fun.

And I only wussed out on it due to age - met up with a handful at the Blue Note Friday and just didn't want to party for a second night. So I sat at home adjusting the onions on my belt, and remembering how great Morganville used to be while figuring out how many rods to the hogshead my jalopy gets.

Anyone got five bees for a quarter?

2013-11-24 08:00:36 PM

One Bad Apple: Incorrigible Astronaut:

How did Nezzie not get in any pics ?

I think we were all pretty drunk by the time he showed up. I'm sure somebody got one.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | » | Last | Show all