Host: Raging Thespian
Description: It's a very Twin Cities Farksgiving. November 23rd
Date/Time: November 23, 2013 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: We haven't had a Twin Cities Fark Party in a while and we haven't had one in St. Paul in ages so it's time to rectify that!

The plan is to meet at Freddy's Tiki Hut (1820 Rice Street) and maybe move to McCarron's (1986 Rice Street) at some point in the evening.

Facebook event (if you're into that kind of thing: http://www.facebook.com/events/193335987512793/

Location: Freddy's Tiki Hut
1820 Rice St
St. Paul, MN 55113
(651) 489-9463
(view map)

3082 clicks; posted to Main » on 23 Nov 2013 at 7:59 AM (34 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | » | Last | Show all

2013-10-24 03:53:19 AM

CraicBaby: I might be there, contingent upon weather and whether or not my boyfriend is all Fark partied out from the Columbus party the weekend before.

Could someone please post a link to the Columbus FARK party if there is one?

2013-10-24 05:15:31 AM
I'm inclined to agree with the Rice st comment. Sure it isn't Georgian, but stargate and the limplifter are a block away. As for having none east of the river, wasn't the last one at Grumpys in Roseville? Freddys is son the roseville border... Not really new either, its been there as long as I can remember, it just changed owners a couple years ago.

2013-10-24 11:36:05 AM

Yeah, I thought about that but I figured people could record it if needed.

As for the location. I'm thinking I'll check out McCarron's, Freddy's and the Lamplighter this Saturday to see what they look like at their most crowded. If anyone else wants to tag along as part of this exploratory committee, you're more than welcome. (DayDreamingD?)

I'll probably show up at the Lamplighter around 9pm then head to Freddy's around 10 and McCarron's around 11.

2013-10-24 12:26:45 PM
Neumann's Bar in North Saint Paul could also be another option.

I'll be at Freddy's, unless you all pick something else.

2013-10-24 02:54:03 PM
YoungSwedishBlonde needs to show up for one of these that I'm at.

/just sayin'

2013-10-25 10:22:08 PM
After catching up and seeing how awesome this par-tay is developing...I'd love show up. :)

Except a certain redheaded miss has enticed me away to a weekend at Grand Casino Mille Lacs instead. You loose. :D

2013-10-27 07:24:25 PM
DAMMIT RED WHAT THE HECK?!

2013-10-27 09:39:21 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: You loose.

I am NOT loose, Sir.

Thank you very much.

2013-10-28 09:49:52 AM
Checked out the various drinking establishments this weekend and I don't see a problem with Freddy's so we'll stick with it. It wasn't packed and this was on Halloween weekend.

We'll probably move over to McCarron's at some point in the evening too (it's only a block or two from Freddy's).

LlamaGirl: DAMMIT RED WHAT THE HECK?!

Also, this.

2013-10-28 09:33:52 PM

2013-10-28 09:56:07 PM
\o/ I'll be there with bells on. Marking my calender now!

2013-10-29 08:27:27 AM

wtfisthat: \o/ I'll be there with bells on. Marking my calender now!

I can't wait to meet you!!

2013-10-30 11:35:21 AM

GWSuperfan: Tickets booked. Rental car reserved. I'm planning on swinging through Fairbault to pick up WTFIsThat on my way up from Mankato.

wtfisthat: \o/ I'll be there with bells on. Marking my calender now!

Awesome!

2013-10-31 08:40:05 PM

LlamaGirl: DAMMIT RED WHAT THE HECK?!

We figure you kids don't need a chaperone this time out. ;)

spidermann: I am NOT loose, Sir.

I beg to differ - you remind me of my younger self. Except for the whole glove thing. NTTAWWT.

Raging Thespian: Also, this.

You'll get over it.

2013-11-03 07:05:00 PM

Raging Thespian: ravenlore: my sister made a good point: y'all scheduled a Fark party on Doctor Who night.i told her we're all poor (or i suppose some are just cheap) and don't have BBCA.

Yeah, I thought about that but I figured people could record it if needed.

Just checking in:

It's been a long time, do they still have dancers at the Lamplighter?

I vaguely recall mention of Grumpy's, but since I'm kind of a lazy sort, I haven't re-read the thread in order to find out if that was the final destination..
I'm interested in possibly making an appearance, as long as no one will be intimidated by my mini-celebrity status (I know people who know other people who know people that might know the people to know.) and if it still fits my sometimes hectic schedule.

2013-11-03 07:29:45 PM

Jimmysolson: And what was the final determination as to when where everyone is going to be meeting.

We will be meeting at Freddy's at 7pm. We will also probably move to McCarron's (a couple blocks away, at 1986 Rice Street) later in the evening.

As for the Lamplighter, yes, they have dancers and it's possible we'll go there at the end of the night but that will be a game time decision.

2013-11-03 07:41:48 PM

Raging Thespian: Freddy's at 7pm

Noted!
Thank you!

2013-11-06 08:43:40 AM

Jimmysolson: It's been a long time, do they still have dancers at the Lamplighter?

Ohhh yeah hahahehaheah

Skr
2013-11-09 08:20:49 PM
If you hit up the Lamplighter, there is a Thrift Store a door down that has a lot of nice second hand stripper clothing.

2013-11-09 09:44:29 PM

2013-11-09 10:04:02 PM
I might go to this, if I am not to lazy to venture outside.

2013-11-13 06:50:50 PM

Teedee: I just moved to the Cities last month! i might actually come out of lurk mode and come to this. Husband and I are always looking for new folks to meet. ;D

Woot!

demonfaerie: I might go to this, if I am not to lazy to venture outside.

And woot!

2013-11-13 08:37:53 PM
Casino plans fell through so may make an appearance.

woot trifecta in play?

2013-11-14 06:56:46 AM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Casino plans fell through so may make an appearance.

woot trifecta in play?

wooooooooooot!

2013-11-16 09:26:36 PM

2013-11-16 10:06:45 PM
derp

2013-11-16 11:40:07 PM
What are you talking about? Everybody knows thanksgiving is in October.

2013-11-17 12:36:12 AM
Well, I don't know what my work schedule is like but I'll definitely try to make an appearance.

2013-11-17 12:50:12 AM

ski9600: Hey, do any of y'all remember the Lincoln Dell?  Right on the corner of what was Hwy 12 and 100 and now looks to be I-394 and Hwy 100 south west corner.  It was a darn good Jewish deli, and the last place I've ever had Matzo ball soup.  Good stuff!

That was THE deli for my family when I was growing up. Their corned beef was amazing and their rye and pumpernickel have yet to be duplicated in my opinion.

2013-11-17 10:25:02 PM
dammitz...

2013-11-18 10:07:46 AM
Farksgiving

For all of you who give a Fark.

//going to avoid Minnesota in November, thanks.

2013-11-18 10:11:36 AM

2013-11-18 10:13:22 AM

mindflayer: I'll make sure to wear my Glass to freak out any of you who are paranoid.

http://plus.google.com/photos/110401844879568162779/albums/592536955 16 98240785?authkey=CLbF_ZCA44LvpwE

Oh I won't freak out. I'm stealing it.

2013-11-18 10:21:42 AM

2013-11-18 10:24:19 AM

Raging Thespian: Oh come on, it's barely cold at all right now. It's not even below freezing! (I think.)

It's been like 75 degrees here the past few days.  If it gets near freezing, I got problems.

2013-11-18 10:52:46 AM
Wish I were in town!  I leave tomorrow AM.  :(

2013-11-18 12:11:11 PM
Wow, I may actually be able to make one of these after watching Doctor Who in North St. Paul.

2013-11-18 04:22:49 PM

twoody: Wish I were in town!  I leave tomorrow AM.  :(

Dawwwwwwwwwww

2013-11-18 06:27:15 PM
Hmm, might be a good idea to arrive at this one. Get back into the farking swing of things.

2013-11-18 06:39:26 PM

i14.photobucket.com

2013-11-18 06:43:28 PM

Bugerz: Farce-Side: Even though you guys are all like a distant, super wierd, kind of perverted, slighly scary kind of family that I've never met in person and, frankly, it would troubly me greatly if you showed up at my house unannounced, I wish I could be there for this great time I'm sure you'll have.  Unfortunately, I'm cold blooded and don't travel north of the Mason-Dixon after September.

Ha. I'll actaully be in the middle of the woods in alabama all next week.

2013-11-20 03:25:21 PM
I plan to be there.... 2pm now and it's still a balmy 40 degrees (F)
Looking forward to see how they cleaned up the place.
Don't believe the weather forecast, Mike, just hop an that plane and come have fun up here with us.

2013-11-20 06:16:09 PM

trivaavirt: I plan to be there.... 2pm now and it's still a balmy 40 degrees (F)
Looking forward to see how they cleaned up the place.

I already warned him of the weather. He said as long as we aren't all wandering around outside it should be ok haha.

2013-11-21 01:27:58 AM
Plane?  Too expensive.  I'm already near Chicago.  :)

2013-11-21 09:36:44 AM
Soon!!!!!! I don't need to go to no stinkin outside..... I can puff on my E-cig anywhere. (for now.....)

2013-11-22 12:48:04 PM
Leaving for the airport in a couple of hours. Next stop: MSP

2013-11-22 03:14:14 PM

GWSuperfan: Leaving for the airport in a couple of hours. Next stop: MSP

Welp, we're boned.

2013-11-22 03:39:11 PM
Anything up tonite?

Blue Door Pub in St Paul has been suggested to me.

2013-11-22 04:33:46 PM

Bugerz: Welp, we're boned.

Only if you buy me dinner, and never on a first date ;)

2013-11-22 05:27:21 PM

Mike: Blue Door Pub in St Paul has been suggested to me.

Excellent choice.