Host: Raging Thespian
Description: It's a very Twin Cities Farksgiving. November 23rd
Date/Time: November 23, 2013 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: We haven't had a Twin Cities Fark Party in a while and we haven't had one in St. Paul in ages so it's time to rectify that!

The plan is to meet at Freddy's Tiki Hut (1820 Rice Street) and maybe move to McCarron's (1986 Rice Street) at some point in the evening.

Facebook event (if you're into that kind of thing: http://www.facebook.com/events/193335987512793/

Location: Freddy's Tiki Hut
1820 Rice St
St. Paul, MN 55113
(651) 489-9463
(view map)

3083 clicks; posted to Main » on 23 Nov 2013 at 7:59 AM (42 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2013-09-19 03:33:27 PM

2013-09-19 03:35:11 PM
How much snow is forecast for Nov 23rd in St Paul ?

2013-09-19 03:35:19 PM
Canuckian Thanksgiving is Oct.14th this year (as if anyone gives a sh*t).

2013-09-19 03:37:19 PM

One Bad Apple: How much snow is forecast for Nov 23rd in St Paul ?

None hopefully.

2013-09-19 03:37:58 PM
Also, heeheeee you said rectify.
heeehehehe

2013-09-19 03:49:42 PM

LlamaGirl: Also, heeheeee you said rectify.
heeehehehe

You are so immature. Now if you'll excuse me I'll be recording my fart noise symphony.

2013-09-19 03:58:14 PM
It's also your JFK Assassination Golden Anniversary Boxing Day

2013-09-19 04:01:25 PM
Where's the like button?

2013-09-19 04:04:15 PM
A Twin Cities Fark party sounds interesting

/A Twin Peaks Fark party even more so

2013-09-19 04:08:30 PM

VivianVivisect: Where's the like button?

Somewhere on this page.

MaudlinMutantMollusk: A Twin Cities Fark party sounds interesting

/A Twin Peaks Fark party even more so

The hotdish is not what it seems...

2013-09-19 04:24:24 PM
Put me down as a probably.

2013-09-19 04:26:00 PM
I'll make sure to wear my Glass to freak out any of you who are paranoid.

http://plus.google.com/photos/110401844879568162779/albums/592536955 16 98240785?authkey=CLbF_ZCA44LvpwE

2013-09-19 04:26:24 PM

2013-09-19 04:26:58 PM
That is two days after my birthday. I dont see any reason while I should not go.

2013-09-19 04:28:47 PM
I am going to see if I can make it but I highly doubt it.

2013-09-19 04:36:31 PM

mindflayer: I'll make sure to wear my Glass to freak out any of you who are paranoid.

Oh don't worry, Farkers are paranoid about so many other things I doubt they'll even notice.

2013-09-19 04:44:27 PM

Raging Thespian: What better way to spend the weekend before Thanksgiving than by drinking with random strangers from the internet? Hooray!

Minnesota Nice Rules Apply.  Everyone knows everyone, and are related, don'tcha know.

2013-09-19 04:46:07 PM
I'd like to, but I be an old fart, I'll have to wait and see.
Be wary of this stuff.

2013-09-19 04:47:40 PM

This would explain the person I saw walking down Hennepin wearing Glass last night outside of RB.

2013-09-19 04:50:43 PM

2013-09-19 04:51:47 PM

2013-09-19 04:53:01 PM

Yeah, that bug's being worked on.  (Geocoding is broken.)

2013-09-19 04:53:53 PM

Da hell? It didn't send one for the last one I submitted as I recall. I even included a location right from the start on this one. I call shenanigans!

2013-09-19 04:58:56 PM
I got a notification. Spider broke it.

2013-09-19 05:06:40 PM

Mike: spidermann: So I get a notification for a San Francisco Fark Party, 1900 miles away, but Fark doesn't send one for the one just down the street.

Yeah, that bug's being worked on.  (Geocoding is broken.)

I got 5 emails and I live 8 hours away from San Fran.

2013-09-19 05:08:25 PM

You'd like Raging Thespian..

2013-09-19 05:08:31 PM
I'm in Minneapolis again, I'll try to make it!

2013-09-19 05:11:44 PM
Just moved to the area a few months ago myself, perhaps I'll grace you all with my presence..

2013-09-19 05:11:53 PM
\o/

2013-09-19 05:14:07 PM
well hell...

2013-09-19 05:15:47 PM

2013-09-19 05:19:13 PM

Whoa, worlds colliding. See you there!

2013-09-19 05:21:31 PM

MNguy: I'm in Minneapolis again, I'll try to make it!

:D!!

2013-09-19 05:22:21 PM

Bring squirrels!

2013-09-19 05:24:05 PM

Raging Thespian: NuttySquirrel: It looks like I can finally make it to a Fark party, and it's on my side of the river too!

Whoa, worlds colliding. See you there!

VivianVivisect: DayDreamingD: I have been in and out of MN nearly 6 times and tried to meet farkers there....and the one time there is a party....Its one wk after I moving to NYC for 1.5 months. dammit. Any farkers want to meet up next wk on Tues or Wed?

You'd like Raging Thespian..

2013-09-19 05:30:32 PM

DayDreamingD: I heard through one grape on the grapevine that I'd like you....you can ultrafark email me if you'd be down for a drink or two next wk on tues or wednesday after 7pm :) Anyone other farkers who want a midwk boozing excuse email me :)

My upcoming weeks are not looking particularly free. Probably not until mid-October. Mayhaps we can do an informal thing around then!

2013-09-19 05:44:06 PM
I'm completely down for Freddy's. Been meaning to stop in there for a long time to check it out but needed an excuse seeing as I don't drink.

2013-09-19 06:19:56 PM
I will make it out, likely won't drink though due to the popo being everywhere that time of year and pulling you over for rolling the window down to fart though.

2013-09-19 07:02:18 PM

2013-09-19 07:24:44 PM

I have psoriasis too. We can be psoria-buddies

2013-09-19 07:28:59 PM
I wanna' bring a guest

2013-09-19 07:29:37 PM

/it was warm when I left Day Twa

2013-09-19 07:41:40 PM

LlamaGirl: The Pope of Manwich Village: Hi all. I'm sorta new and a Fark party virgin. Will be there unless I have a psoriasis flare.

I have psoriasis too. We can be psoria-buddies

Head, elbows, knees and toes (knees and toes)! Sing along with me psoribuddy!

2013-09-19 07:43:57 PM

2013-09-19 07:45:50 PM
Probably. Depends on:

-Money.
-Work

2013-09-19 07:48:31 PM

DO IT!

The Ice Cream Man: I'm still trying to thaw out from the last Twin Cities Fark party.   Serves me right to ride a motor sickle in March.

/it was warm when I left Day Twa

Yeah you were a brave brave man

2013-09-19 08:06:06 PM

LlamaGirl: Crono3453: I'm only about 2 hours away...I really need to get up there for one of these. Hopefully this one.

DO IT!

/it was warm when I left Day Twa

Yeah you were a brave brave man

Ah, but the only difference between bravery and stupidity is whether you live to tell the tale.

/ y'all seem to like the tiki bars up there
// and the Tater Tots
/// I'm looking at you, Ravenlore!

2013-09-19 09:01:52 PM

LlamaGirl: DO IT!

Maybe! It all depends on if I'm working.

2013-09-19 09:19:22 PM

2013-09-19 09:21:25 PM

So don't come.
This is a newer bar and it's on the part of Rice that isn't in the terrifying Frogtown area. So chill and be merry or be uptight and don't show.

NO PICKLES FOR YOU!

2013-09-19 09:22:25 PM

You go have a party over there, we'll party over here in my neighborhood. With parking.

2013-09-19 10:14:10 PM

Drinks were decent, as was the food. It's nowhere near as big as Psycho Suzies, though. If more than 15~20 Farkers show up it could get crowded.

2013-09-19 10:30:08 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: M.URH and I stopped in there a couple of years ago - don't recall it having a Tiki motif, though. Has it changed hands?

Completely new management and name. Last place had.... issues... paying their tab. :)

They've redone the whole place.

2013-09-20 02:55:30 AM

I was wondering when Whine About The Location Guy would show up in here. I don't think it's possible to have a Fark party thread without someone biatching about either the part of town or the venue.

2013-09-20 03:19:04 AM

CraicBaby: ShereKhan: So many places in St Paul, why farking Rice Street?  Downtown or West 7th maybe.  If you want me to cross Annapolis, find a better joint.  Amsterdam, Sweeneys, etc.

An argument for Freddy's:

-Practically right off of 36, near where 35 intersects and 280 merges, so anyone coming from either St Paul or Minneapolis can get there quite easily.
-There is the new 36 & Rice Park & Ride right off the offramp, so carpooling and/or parking won't be an issue.
-My last few experiences at Suzi's have not been good; random extra guests added to the tab, bad service to the point a date I had couldn't get a drink let alone any food the whole night even though we had multiples of servers say they'd "get right on that", so I'm ready to move somewhere else.

However, not my party to put on. Just some food for thought and a quick argument for. :)

2013-09-20 03:25:20 AM

*nod* They popped up when I was helping organize the Omaha parties. We basically told them "Either show up or don't. We don't give a shiat."

2013-09-20 06:42:49 AM
Also, if we're feeling Freddy's is going to be too small, what used to be Dean's Tavern is now called McCarron's and it's just a bit further north on Rice street.

2013-09-20 07:50:32 AM
If they've redecorated/redesigned the place it might not be an issue.

IIRC there was only a handful of tables, the bar, and the patio / smoking area.

2013-09-20 08:09:44 AM

IIRC there was only a handful of tables, the bar, and the patio / smoking area.

I might check it out before the party to see if it can accommodate us. If it looks too small for a group of our magnitude we can always shift to McCarron's.

I totally understand where you're coming from. The location is never going to sit well with everyone but I wanted to try something up in this general vicinity. I'm coming from Minneapolis so it's a hike for me no matter what. I hope you'll give it a chance, the more the merrier. If not, no worries, we can do something on 7th Street next time!

2013-09-20 01:25:26 PM

Including the one you blew off in June ?

2013-09-20 01:55:17 PM
Well, I for one (and only) really would like to have one at Neumann's bar, but that's North Saint Paul.. Still on Hwy. 36 but down between Century Ave, and McKinght. Might be too small also, but they have a nice patio......
Never mind I would like to check out the bar you picked, so let's do this.
See ya then

2013-09-20 04:58:08 PM

One Bad Apple: CraicBaby: spidermann: And I've stopped caring about those folks. They can either show up or not. Not catering to their crap anymore. :)

Including the one you blew off in June ?

I didn't blow it off. I got laid off and was too broke to even think about going to a Fark party.

2013-09-20 10:26:33 PM
Looking for a ride from and back to Faribault. I don't drive and have no license.

MBK [TotalFark]
2013-09-20 11:31:21 PM
I love you guys, but I don't think I can make it this time.  Next time!  I promise.

2013-09-20 11:46:16 PM

Raging Thespian: Lava Lamp Repairman: If they've redecorated/redesigned the place it might not be an issue.

IIRC there was only a handful of tables, the bar, and the patio / smoking area.

I'm from Denver, there's no such thing as a "hike" in MSP, you guys have things like "highways." I'm in Coon Rapids, the drive will be less than 30 minutes no matter where it is. Count me in.

2013-09-21 05:16:43 PM

2013-09-21 05:27:15 PM

Hmm... That's not the greatest news but I'd say we should leave plans as they are for now unless folks are adamantly opposed to karaoke.

2013-09-21 05:40:03 PM

Raging Thespian: djcunix: Just so folks know, Freddy's is starting karaoke on Saturday nights.  How does that sit with the people that want to go?

There was karaoke at Grumpy's and we all had fun making fun of them .:)

2013-09-21 06:20:05 PM
imgs.xkcd.com

2013-09-21 10:57:59 PM

I'll sing  Time (Clock of The Heart) by Culture Club if it helps.

2013-09-21 11:01:42 PM
Oh no
There goes Tokyo
Go go, Godzirra

2013-09-24 06:01:10 PM

Bring squirrels!

I will if you bring a llama!

2013-09-26 04:58:10 PM

NuttySquirrel: LlamaGirl: NuttySquirrel: It looks like I can finally make it to a Fark party, and it's on my side of the river too!

Bring squirrels!

I will if you bring a llama!

forums.rennlist.com

2013-09-27 02:10:02 PM
Went from probably to definitely coming. Will be my first Fark party I can actually make it to.

2013-09-28 10:42:03 PM
If I haven't frozen to death, I may just drag my self up there.

2013-09-30 10:35:33 PM
We may need a bigger boat (venue). McCarron's that's just up the street on Rice is larger than the Tiki Hut.

2013-10-01 04:16:28 PM

2013-10-01 07:56:09 PM

And if it's still too tiny we can always do Grumpy's in Roseville and giggle at the karaoke.

2013-10-04 01:06:02 AM

LlamaGirl: Raging Thespian: Once I'm back in town I'll check out McCarron's. If it's big enough and not unbearably crowded on a Saturday night, we can move it there.

Grumpy's was fun at the one when GW was visiting.

2013-10-04 07:28:40 AM

Bugerz: Grumpy's was fun at the one when GW was visiting.

Yeah, and I think Saturday's are karaoke which is always highly entertaining. Especially when tiny old asian men sing Radiohead's "Creep" insanely well. Blew my mind.

2013-10-04 03:22:32 PM

LlamaGirl: Bugerz: Grumpy's was fun at the one when GW was visiting.

I'm cool with Grumpy's again :)

2013-10-05 10:31:33 AM
I've officially put in the proper requests and am in. Look forward to meeting everybody and seeing a drunken mistake or two happen.

2013-10-05 06:05:04 PM
Apparently, the early birds will be at the saucer about 6PM.

LET'S DO THIS, PEOPLE!

2013-10-06 06:39:16 PM

GWSuperfan: Apparently, the early birds will be at the saucer about 6PM.

LET'S DO THIS, PEOPLE!

Be at what?

2013-10-06 08:14:00 PM

LlamaGirl: GWSuperfan: Apparently, the early birds will be at the saucer about 6PM.

LET'S DO THIS, PEOPLE!

Be at what?

Haha- I was dumb and posted in the wrong party thread. Disregard.

2013-10-12 07:27:17 PM
Grumpy's certainly works for me and we know they usually have space for us...

2013-10-14 03:27:51 PM

2013-10-14 04:37:48 PM
Uh-oh.  What or who do we have to do for what prizes?

2013-10-14 04:57:23 PM

Mike: Uh-oh.  What or who do we have to do for what prizes?

Don't worry, nothing that will leave any visible scars.

2013-10-14 05:36:34 PM

Raging Thespian: Don't worry, nothing that will leave any visible scars.

Do therapy bills count as scars to the wallet?

2013-10-14 05:41:20 PM
(I kid.  I wouldn't be driving up there otherwise.)

2013-10-14 10:14:50 PM

You brought back cans of spam, didn't you?

2013-10-15 01:44:57 PM

LlamaGirl: Raging Thespian: By the by, I brought stuff back from Hawaii to give away as prizes! I spent ones of dollars on these fabulous items!

You brought back cans of spam, didn't you?

2013-10-15 01:52:15 PM

Raging Thespian: We did get Spam-flavored macadamia nuts but you people aren't worth a tin of those.

Those sound amazing!

2013-10-15 05:41:21 PM

LlamaGirl: You brought back cans of spam, didn't you?

I have cans of hot and spicy, hickory smoked, black pepper, and jalapeno Spam right now.

The hot and spicy is good, jalapeno my favorite.

2013-10-16 09:33:59 AM

fat aristotle: LlamaGirl: You brought back cans of spam, didn't you?

The hot and spicy is good, jalapeno my favorite.

Is there a store other than in Austin where you can get that stuff or do you just go online?

2013-10-16 10:05:37 AM

Raging Thespian: fat aristotle: LlamaGirl: You brought back cans of spam, didn't you?

The hot and spicy is good, jalapeno my favorite.

I just got it at the Spam museum when I was in town for a wedding. They have a sampler pack. Not sure if this works on mobile, if not check out the spam museum website and find the place to buy stuff. http://store.spam.com/mobile/SPAM-BRAND-VARIETY-12-PACK/productinfo/G6 364/#.Ul6c5pm9LCQ

2013-10-16 05:43:46 PM

You brought back cans of spam, didn't you?

Hawaii has spam flavors that the mainland could only dream of. I find this sort of sad since we live in the state SPAM was invented in.

2013-10-23 08:39:21 PM

2013-10-23 09:41:43 PM
holy hell. the weekend before, eh? i am able to attend. is this going to be a sausage-fest or what?? be honest

2013-10-24 03:53:19 AM

CraicBaby: I might be there, contingent upon weather and whether or not my boyfriend is all Fark partied out from the Columbus party the weekend before.

Could someone please post a link to the Columbus FARK party if there is one?

2013-10-24 05:15:31 AM
I'm inclined to agree with the Rice st comment. Sure it isn't Georgian, but stargate and the limplifter are a block away. As for having none east of the river, wasn't the last one at Grumpys in Roseville? Freddys is son the roseville border... Not really new either, its been there as long as I can remember, it just changed owners a couple years ago.

2013-10-24 11:36:05 AM

Yeah, I thought about that but I figured people could record it if needed.

As for the location. I'm thinking I'll check out McCarron's, Freddy's and the Lamplighter this Saturday to see what they look like at their most crowded. If anyone else wants to tag along as part of this exploratory committee, you're more than welcome. (DayDreamingD?)

I'll probably show up at the Lamplighter around 9pm then head to Freddy's around 10 and McCarron's around 11.

2013-10-24 12:26:45 PM
Neumann's Bar in North Saint Paul could also be another option.

I'll be at Freddy's, unless you all pick something else.

2013-10-24 02:54:03 PM
YoungSwedishBlonde needs to show up for one of these that I'm at.

/just sayin'

2013-10-25 10:22:08 PM
After catching up and seeing how awesome this par-tay is developing...I'd love show up. :)

Except a certain redheaded miss has enticed me away to a weekend at Grand Casino Mille Lacs instead. You loose. :D

2013-10-27 07:24:25 PM
DAMMIT RED WHAT THE HECK?!

2013-10-27 09:39:21 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: You loose.

I am NOT loose, Sir.

Thank you very much.

2013-10-28 09:49:52 AM
Checked out the various drinking establishments this weekend and I don't see a problem with Freddy's so we'll stick with it. It wasn't packed and this was on Halloween weekend.

We'll probably move over to McCarron's at some point in the evening too (it's only a block or two from Freddy's).

LlamaGirl: DAMMIT RED WHAT THE HECK?!

Also, this.

2013-10-28 09:33:52 PM

2013-10-28 09:56:07 PM
\o/ I'll be there with bells on. Marking my calender now!

2013-10-29 08:27:27 AM

wtfisthat: \o/ I'll be there with bells on. Marking my calender now!

I can't wait to meet you!!

2013-10-30 11:35:21 AM

GWSuperfan: Tickets booked. Rental car reserved. I'm planning on swinging through Fairbault to pick up WTFIsThat on my way up from Mankato.

wtfisthat: \o/ I'll be there with bells on. Marking my calender now!

Awesome!

2013-10-31 08:40:05 PM

LlamaGirl: DAMMIT RED WHAT THE HECK?!

We figure you kids don't need a chaperone this time out. ;)

spidermann: I am NOT loose, Sir.

I beg to differ - you remind me of my younger self. Except for the whole glove thing. NTTAWWT.

Raging Thespian: Also, this.

You'll get over it.

2013-11-03 07:05:00 PM

Raging Thespian: ravenlore: my sister made a good point: y'all scheduled a Fark party on Doctor Who night.i told her we're all poor (or i suppose some are just cheap) and don't have BBCA.

Yeah, I thought about that but I figured people could record it if needed.

Just checking in:

It's been a long time, do they still have dancers at the Lamplighter?

I vaguely recall mention of Grumpy's, but since I'm kind of a lazy sort, I haven't re-read the thread in order to find out if that was the final destination..
I'm interested in possibly making an appearance, as long as no one will be intimidated by my mini-celebrity status (I know people who know other people who know people that might know the people to know.) and if it still fits my sometimes hectic schedule.

2013-11-03 07:29:45 PM

Jimmysolson: And what was the final determination as to when where everyone is going to be meeting.

We will be meeting at Freddy's at 7pm. We will also probably move to McCarron's (a couple blocks away, at 1986 Rice Street) later in the evening.

As for the Lamplighter, yes, they have dancers and it's possible we'll go there at the end of the night but that will be a game time decision.

2013-11-03 07:41:48 PM

Raging Thespian: Freddy's at 7pm

Noted!
Thank you!

2013-11-06 08:43:40 AM

Jimmysolson: It's been a long time, do they still have dancers at the Lamplighter?

Ohhh yeah hahahehaheah

Skr
2013-11-09 08:20:49 PM
If you hit up the Lamplighter, there is a Thrift Store a door down that has a lot of nice second hand stripper clothing.

2013-11-09 09:44:29 PM

2013-11-09 10:04:02 PM
I might go to this, if I am not to lazy to venture outside.

2013-11-13 06:50:50 PM

Teedee: I just moved to the Cities last month! i might actually come out of lurk mode and come to this. Husband and I are always looking for new folks to meet. ;D

Woot!

demonfaerie: I might go to this, if I am not to lazy to venture outside.

And woot!

2013-11-13 08:37:53 PM
Casino plans fell through so may make an appearance.

woot trifecta in play?

2013-11-14 06:56:46 AM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Casino plans fell through so may make an appearance.

woot trifecta in play?

wooooooooooot!

2013-11-16 09:26:36 PM

2013-11-16 10:06:45 PM
derp

2013-11-16 11:40:07 PM
What are you talking about? Everybody knows thanksgiving is in October.

2013-11-17 12:36:12 AM
Well, I don't know what my work schedule is like but I'll definitely try to make an appearance.

2013-11-17 12:50:12 AM

ski9600: Hey, do any of y'all remember the Lincoln Dell?  Right on the corner of what was Hwy 12 and 100 and now looks to be I-394 and Hwy 100 south west corner.  It was a darn good Jewish deli, and the last place I've ever had Matzo ball soup.  Good stuff!

That was THE deli for my family when I was growing up. Their corned beef was amazing and their rye and pumpernickel have yet to be duplicated in my opinion.

2013-11-17 10:25:02 PM
dammitz...

2013-11-18 10:07:46 AM
Farksgiving

For all of you who give a Fark.

//going to avoid Minnesota in November, thanks.

2013-11-18 10:11:36 AM

2013-11-18 10:13:22 AM

Oh I won't freak out. I'm stealing it.

2013-11-18 10:21:42 AM

2013-11-18 10:24:19 AM

Raging Thespian: Oh come on, it's barely cold at all right now. It's not even below freezing! (I think.)

It's been like 75 degrees here the past few days.  If it gets near freezing, I got problems.

2013-11-18 10:52:46 AM
Wish I were in town!  I leave tomorrow AM.  :(

2013-11-18 12:11:11 PM
Wow, I may actually be able to make one of these after watching Doctor Who in North St. Paul.

2013-11-18 04:22:49 PM

twoody: Wish I were in town!  I leave tomorrow AM.  :(

Dawwwwwwwwwww

2013-11-18 06:27:15 PM
Hmm, might be a good idea to arrive at this one. Get back into the farking swing of things.

2013-11-18 06:39:26 PM

i14.photobucket.com

2013-11-18 06:43:28 PM

Bugerz: Farce-Side: Even though you guys are all like a distant, super wierd, kind of perverted, slighly scary kind of family that I've never met in person and, frankly, it would troubly me greatly if you showed up at my house unannounced, I wish I could be there for this great time I'm sure you'll have.  Unfortunately, I'm cold blooded and don't travel north of the Mason-Dixon after September.

Ha. I'll actaully be in the middle of the woods in alabama all next week.

2013-11-20 03:25:21 PM
I plan to be there.... 2pm now and it's still a balmy 40 degrees (F)
Looking forward to see how they cleaned up the place.
Don't believe the weather forecast, Mike, just hop an that plane and come have fun up here with us.

2013-11-20 06:16:09 PM

trivaavirt: I plan to be there.... 2pm now and it's still a balmy 40 degrees (F)
Looking forward to see how they cleaned up the place.

I already warned him of the weather. He said as long as we aren't all wandering around outside it should be ok haha.

2013-11-21 01:27:58 AM
Plane?  Too expensive.  I'm already near Chicago.  :)

2013-11-21 09:36:44 AM
Soon!!!!!! I don't need to go to no stinkin outside..... I can puff on my E-cig anywhere. (for now.....)

2013-11-22 12:48:04 PM
Leaving for the airport in a couple of hours. Next stop: MSP

2013-11-22 03:14:14 PM

GWSuperfan: Leaving for the airport in a couple of hours. Next stop: MSP

Welp, we're boned.

2013-11-22 03:39:11 PM
Anything up tonite?

Blue Door Pub in St Paul has been suggested to me.

2013-11-22 04:33:46 PM

Bugerz: Welp, we're boned.

Only if you buy me dinner, and never on a first date ;)

2013-11-22 05:27:21 PM

Mike: Blue Door Pub in St Paul has been suggested to me.

Excellent choice.

2013-11-22 06:16:47 PM

Mike: Anything up tonite?

Blue Door Pub in St Paul has been suggested to me.

Sounds good to me, I'm in. What time were you planning to get there?

2013-11-22 06:25:07 PM

Raging Thespian: Mike: Anything up tonite?

Blue Door Pub in St Paul has been suggested to me.

Sounds good to me, I'm in. What time were you planning to get there?

I have a couple things to take care of but I'll probably be at the Blue Door around 8pm. Hopefully I will see you and many others there.

2013-11-22 06:34:14 PM
8's fine

2013-11-22 07:27:38 PM
FYI, planning for this evening is underway in the Facebook event.

2013-11-22 08:22:00 PM

Mike: Anything up tonite?

Blue Door Pub in St Paul has been suggested to me.

Raging Thespian: I'll probably be at the Blue Door around 8pm

F*CK - wish I had seen these posts a couple of beers ago...been wanting to try a Blucy for a while now. Lemme see what I can do.

Raging Thespian: Facebook

LOL'd. Really?

2013-11-22 09:13:23 PM
Thank you for staying out of Northeast Minneapolis

2013-11-22 10:43:20 PM

Mike: (I kid.  I wouldn't be driving up there otherwise.)

Cusses.  I was hoping you weren't going to be able to make it this time . . . because I can't.  Would have been nice to bang heads a while.

2013-11-22 10:57:21 PM
We're heading to the Dubliner now, if you're interested.

2013-11-22 11:01:31 PM
Sounds good, but I'm glad to be home - and it was great to see you all again.

I'll do what I can to drag MuRH out to Freddy's tomorrow evening. :)

2013-11-23 01:34:12 AM
Good time tonight, can't wait for tomorrow!

Also, DayDreamingD is comically unacclimatized to Minnesota weather.

i.imgur.com

2013-11-23 02:26:48 AM

2013-11-23 07:25:58 AM

2013-11-23 09:54:19 AM

demonfaerie: It looks like I shall be attending this party after all, but it won't be til around 8:30. I will be going to watch Doctor Who in the theaters, and then head over to the party.

No worries. Just remember, if we're not at Freddy's we've moved to McCarron's. I'll try to keep this thread updated on our location too.

I'm planning to get there at 7pm so no one else has to be the awkward first person there. Most folks drift in any time between 7-9.

2013-11-23 10:17:44 AM

I'm leaving Omaha around 1 pm and should show up 7 ish

2013-11-23 10:28:54 AM

One Bad Apple: Incorrigible Astronaut: What time are most people showing up tonight? I'm figuring that it's a 5 hour drive or so from Milwaukee and don't want to get there too early.

I'm leaving Omaha around 1 pm and should show up 7 ish

Sweet, you're coming? Excellent. Now I just need to narrow down a hotel.

2013-11-23 02:52:00 PM

Raging Thespian: Good time tonight, can't wait for tomorrow!

Also, DayDreamingD is comically unacclimatized to Minnesota weather.

[i.imgur.com image 816x612]

That's a man, baby!

2013-11-23 03:03:17 PM

Raging Thespian: DayDreamingD is comically unacclimatized to Minnesota weather

Minnesota winters are not kind to skinny people.

2013-11-23 04:06:24 PM

Going to do a few hours of work, then show up around 7:30 or so

2013-11-23 06:00:50 PM

Raging Thespian: I'm planning to get there at 7pm so no one else has to be the awkward first person there. Most folks drift in any time between 7-9

GW, WTFisthat, and I should be there around 7 or shortly after.

2013-11-23 06:53:18 PM
GWSuperfan and I have left Mankato and are on our way to Fairbault to pick up wtfisthat.

See you all very soon!!!

2013-11-23 07:43:32 PM
Just got to Freddie's, farkers need to get lights for their sign.

2013-11-23 07:58:07 PM

Bugerz: Just got to Freddie's, farkers need to get lights for their sign.

Are you blind ? That place is covered in tacky red neon piping

2013-11-23 08:01:27 PM

One Bad Apple: Bugerz: Just got to Freddie's, farkers need to get lights for their sign.

Are you blind ? That place is covered in tacky red neon piping

Pretty much blind.

2013-11-23 08:02:15 PM
We're here. I assume it was Bugerz that requested What The Fox Say on the jukebox.

2013-11-23 08:11:27 PM
I got everything loaded into my apartment. It's a goddamn mess but I think I'll be able to swing out.

2013-11-23 08:43:40 PM
Filthy smokers.

i.imgur.com

2013-11-23 09:54:14 PM
Heading to McCarron's now!

2013-11-23 10:03:21 PM
At McCarron's in the left back corner! Look for the herd of people on their phones.

2013-11-23 10:26:06 PM

Bugerz:

Are you blind ? That place is covered in tacky red neon piping

Pretty much blind.

Better than Incoragable his drunk ass got lost going a block

2013-11-23 10:52:22 PM
Bartender just brought us all shots just because we showed up at his bar. Yay booze!

2013-11-23 11:54:08 PM
Well, I'm in St. Paul, drinking with a Farker, but I won't be seeing you all tonight.

2013-11-24 01:48:10 AM
GW and I made it back to Mankato safely! Party on, people.

2013-11-24 02:18:11 AM
Got back to minneapolis with no popo interference. Good night all!

2013-11-24 08:50:38 AM
Thanks everyone for coming out! It was good times.

2013-11-24 09:36:28 AM
It was good seeing everyone one again, and meeting some for the first time.

Thanks for setting it up Mr. Thespian. I think the bartender there is already looking forward to our return to McCarron's.

2013-11-24 10:24:41 AM
Kudos, Raging Thespian. You picked the perfect places for our weird little group, and I think everybody had a great time. The goofy gifts were just priceless. Oh, and we got this:

img.fark.net

One Bad Apple: Bugerz:

Are you blind ? That place is covered in tacky red neon piping

Pretty much blind.

Better than Incoragable his drunk ass got lost going a block

Hey, I'd had a couple of drinks, didn't know where I was going, and followed a guy that decided to go home at the last second. It only took me 12 miles to realize that I needed to turn around, haha.

2013-11-24 11:10:42 AM

img.fark.net
img.fark.net
img.fark.net
img.fark.net
img.fark.net
img.fark.net
img.fark.net
img.fark.net

2013-11-24 11:50:29 AM

2013-11-24 12:17:39 PM

Blushing Wall Flower: YAY thank you for putting me on your butts LlamaGirl and fat aristotle :) you are the best.

That's Bugerz's butt. Your name is on aristotle's chest. I feel like they should be offended in some way.

2013-11-24 03:47:21 PM

[img.fark.net image 842x1500]
[img.fark.net image 850x478]
[img.fark.net image 850x1133]

Who's who there? I recognize some of you people.

2013-11-24 04:08:36 PM

Incorrigible Astronaut: img.fark.net

dafuq - no spidermann?

2013-11-24 05:13:33 PM
i.imgur.com

A long drive but worth it to meet these particular farkers. Me and "Scrotie" my prize pufferfish made it home without seeing any pesky law enforcement types. You voyeuristic lurker types both fascinate and skeeve me out but I'm glad you came and special thanks to the person who was not supposed to be there at all

2013-11-24 05:23:19 PM

make me some tea: Incorrigible Astronaut: Hey guys, rather than host these on the public page for this event and risk people getting tagged when they don't want to be, I'm going to post pictures from last night here and let everybody save/rehost them on your own.

[img.fark.net image 842x1500]
[img.fark.net image 850x478]
[img.fark.net image 850x1133]

Who's who there? I recognize some of you people.

I'm the guy with all the name tags.

2013-11-24 05:40:20 PM

[img.fark.net image 842x1500]
[img.fark.net image 850x478]
[img.fark.net image 850x1133]

Who's who there? I recognize some of you people.

I'm the guy with no hair

2013-11-24 05:52:05 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Incorrigible Astronaut: img.fark.net

dafuq - no spidermann?

He was sick.

2013-11-24 06:50:51 PM

LlamaGirl: Lava Lamp Repairman: Incorrigible Astronaut: img.fark.net

dafuq - no spidermann?

He was sick.

Yup. Woke up sick. Wasn't fun.

2013-11-24 06:52:20 PM

[img.fark.net image 842x1500]
[img.fark.net image 850x478]
[img.fark.net image 850x1133]

Who's who there? I recognize some of you people.

2013-11-24 06:55:43 PM

Incorrigible Astronaut:

How did Nezzie not get in any pics ?

2013-11-24 07:02:07 PM

spidermann: LlamaGirl: Lava Lamp Repairman: Incorrigible Astronaut: img.fark.net

dafuq - no spidermann?

He was sick.

Yup. Woke up sick. Wasn't fun.

And I only wussed out on it due to age - met up with a handful at the Blue Note Friday and just didn't want to party for a second night. So I sat at home adjusting the onions on my belt, and remembering how great Morganville used to be while figuring out how many rods to the hogshead my jalopy gets.

Anyone got five bees for a quarter?

2013-11-24 08:00:36 PM

One Bad Apple: Incorrigible Astronaut:

How did Nezzie not get in any pics ?

I think we were all pretty drunk by the time he showed up. I'm sure somebody got one.

2013-11-25 02:19:39 AM

Incorrigible Astronaut: Clockwise from bottom: Bugerz, alwayslurking, Scott (don't know what his Fark handle is), Mike, onebadapple, WTFisthat, fat aristotle, demonfairie's friend, demonfairie, kosmokenny, llamagirl, GWsuperfan, beatlefreak, Raging Thespian, Josh (don't remember his Fark handle). I was taking the picture, and we also had Nezorf, rappy, and Doogles4421 there at one point or another.

Thanks!

2013-11-27 10:46:20 AM

2013-11-27 04:45:42 PM
haha awesome

2013-11-29 09:56:00 PM
Last Post.

2013-11-30 04:56:18 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Last Post.

FAIL

2013-12-01 01:46:40 AM

GWSuperfan: Lava Lamp Repairman: Last Post.

FAIL

SUPA FALE!

2013-12-01 03:55:03 AM
... still going. Nothing outlasts the MN Fark Party thread. It keeps going and going...

2013-12-01 04:59:41 AM
It's all about the timing.