Host: VivianVivisect
Description: Annual Orange County Fark Party
Date/Time: August 17, 2013 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Kick off the end of the summer by smashing into Farkers! Join us this Summer by Go-Karting the night away, plus it's Beatlefreak's birthday party! She's traveling down to enjoy the California Beaches and other California Treasures...

it's right next to the Bowling Alley we went to last year...

Location: Boomers
3405 Michelson Dr
irvine, CA 92612
(949) 559-8341
(view map)

1456 clicks; posted to Main » on 17 Aug 2013 at 7:59 AM (35 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Last | Show all

2013-08-06 02:19:52 AM

kiwimoogle84: VivianVivisect: Bathia_Mapes: GWSuperfan: \o/

It would be wonderful if vincent_blackshadow was well enough to attend.

A few people have asked me to do a Los Angeles Fark Party again. im not completely against it.

you guys definitely keep me buzy. i tell ya...

Just FYI, Timujin has said he'll throw an LA Fark party once VB is up for it.

Let me know, email or twitter, keep me posted! Let me know!!

2013-08-06 03:33:01 AM

2013-08-06 04:24:37 AM

VivianVivisect: kiwimoogle84: VivianVivisect: Bathia_Mapes: GWSuperfan: \o/

It would be wonderful if vincent_blackshadow was well enough to attend.

you guys definitely keep me buzy. i tell ya...

Just FYI, Timujin has said he'll throw an LA Fark party once VB is up for it.

Let me know, email or twitter, keep me posted! Let me know!!

Oh, you'd have to ask him. I just had a baby a week ago, so if it's a couple months from now or further I'd be far more likely to have the ability to attend, I was just giving you a heads up since you seem to be a big party planner around here- I don't know any details beyond that.

2013-08-06 05:46:38 AM

Bathia_Mapes: VivianVivisect: Bathia_Mapes: GWSuperfan: \o/

It would be wonderful if vincent_blackshadow was well enough to attend.

you guys definitely keep me buzy. i tell ya...

And you love it. :-D

No, I love you. Thank you so much for gifting me TF, it is an absolute honor.

Absolute.

2013-08-06 05:51:39 AM

kiwimoogle84: VivianVivisect: kiwimoogle84: VivianVivisect: Bathia_Mapes: GWSuperfan: \o/

It would be wonderful if vincent_blackshadow was well enough to attend.

you guys definitely keep me buzy. i tell ya...

Just FYI, Timujin has said he'll throw an LA Fark party once VB is up for it.

Let me know, email or twitter, keep me posted! Let me know!!

My dear,

Between GW, Beatlefreak and I, I can tell you summer baby are

Talented, Gifted, Intelligent bright human beings! Congratulations on your bundle of joy.

Yes. I capitalize Random shiat. I like It.

Good, luck ill answer you more in the morning, and you are right, I should go right to the source.

Cuz I'm motherfarking Vivianvivisect.

2013-08-06 06:00:01 AM

ShangriLlama: Wow, this really is right in my backyard - I just finished a PhD at UCI (yeah, zot zot), and I've been tempted to go to a few of the fark parties, but I think I'm too much of a lurker for that to work.  I feel like I know a lot of you people, but you people don't know me so it would all just be too awkward.

One of our Farkers finished her PhD from Columbia University, I believe she did her undergrad at UCI, she is the most amazing intriguing person I have ever met.

I had the honor of being there when she met Drew.

We are nice to everyone, I personally make sure everyone is happy and well taken care of, these parties are like my babies, seriously.

Please come and add to the conversation.

2013-08-06 06:09:53 AM
You, yes you Mister lurker Man!

That dude that didn't create a login till after your first Fark Party

That treated me like an absolute Queen at the Fark Beer Opening, I want you to come to the Go-Kart party! I wanna get to know you more. Please? Yes you. In the Orange Shirt.

2013-08-06 01:31:35 PM
Well shoot.  That's the night we're going to heckle the Michael Bolton concert at Lake Mission Viejo.  Bummer.  Have fun everyone!

2013-08-06 05:29:34 PM

It would be wonderful if vincent_blackshadow was well enough to attend.

you guys definitely keep me buzy. i tell ya...

Just FYI, Timujin has said he'll throw an LA Fark party once VB is up for it.

Let me know, email or twitter, keep me posted! Let me know!!

I had enough trouble getting VB to show up at my party, when was just a newbie, I doubt he'd show up to that dude's party

I messaged VB, I'll keep you posted

Skeptical VV is skeptical.

2013-08-06 07:30:30 PM

shift_DAWG: ivan: I like Irvine. Diverse ...

Yup!  They've got Chinese- AND Vietnamese-Americans!  8P

Heh. Sure.

But also Korean, Indian, Japanese, Latino, Middle-Eastern... OC is getting more and more interesting.

Less than a mile from the Irvine Boomers!, straight down Michelson, is a supermarket called Wholesome Choice. Killer sangak baked while you wait. Any visitor to OC should check it out. It's the emerging face of the county.

2013-08-06 11:16:10 PM

I messaged VB, I'll keep you posted

Skeptical VV is skeptical.

No need to be skeptical. Timujin is an awesome longtime farker; He and I (and moonage_daydreamer) threw a big LA party together back in '07 where we met v_b, and Drew, for the first time. Timujin and I have talked about planning another Los Angeles for my dear friend vincent_blackshadow when he's well enough for it later this year. I miss the crew there, good people. Our monthly get-togethers were a blast.

2013-08-06 11:26:43 PM

E-Brake: VivianVivisect: Not to be all pessimistic and all but I went around asking a hand full TFarker today who that guy (Timujin) was, and one knew of him.

I messaged VB, I'll keep you posted

Skeptical VV is skeptical.

I had heard about these get togethers from both V_B and LA Farkers. When I threw the LA party last year, those were mentioned and V_B briefly talked to me about the Redwood parties in 07' he had said those people aren't around anymore, so I was confused.

Thank you for clearing that up.

2013-08-07 01:31:13 AM

ivan: shift_DAWG: ivan: I like Irvine. Diverse ...

Yup!  They've got Chinese- AND Vietnamese-Americans!  8P

Heh. Sure.

Oh my god, and they have the best deli - you could seriously eat yourself into a blissful food coma there for like $8.  And if you like to cook, get all of your spices there.  I love this place :)

2013-08-07 02:45:34 AM

VivianVivisect: [i.imgur.com image 640x480]

picture from last year's Bowling Alley :)

were's Triple D?

God I can't believe that was a year ago! I should be able to make it out again the 17th, looking forward to it!

462
2013-08-10 09:11:41 PM
<a target="_blank" data-cke-saved-href="<a href=" href="<a href=" http:="" www.fark.com="" users="" shangrillama"="">ShangriLlama :

right next to wholesome choice.. is hen house grill!

462
2013-08-10 09:12:17 PM
damn new fangled wysiwyg!

2013-08-11 01:30:08 AM
Never made it to a Chicago Fark party.

Just moved to Irvine in March. This is pretty close.

If only we could find a sitter for the kids....

2013-08-11 04:23:33 AM
I might show up, me dunno.  I live like 3 miles from Boomers.

People coming from Long Beach, west Los Angeles, etc. should read this for the drive home:

http://www.scpr.org/news/2013/08/07/38587/full-405-closure-planned-i n- orange-county-for-brid/

2013-08-11 04:57:48 AM

Myria: I might show up, me dunno.  I live like 3 miles from Boomers.

It would be great to see you again. :)

2013-08-11 01:35:28 PM

marcre3363: Never made it to a Chicago Fark party.

Just moved to Irvine in March. This is pretty close.

If only we could find a sitter for the kids....

Might have a solution for you.  Check your email.

2013-08-11 01:47:09 PM
Wrong Orange County. :(

media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

2013-08-11 01:47:40 PM

Myria: I might show up, me dunno. I live like 3 miles from Boomers.

You know you miss us ;)

2013-08-12 11:43:23 PM

Myria: I might show up, me dunno.  I live like 3 miles from Boomers.

Came here to post about this. They had a closure around there when I was coming back from the Stone party in Escondido a while ago. I followed a ton of detour signs, and felt like I had driven much longer than necessary to get back on a freeway. Plan ahead, guys.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one, so you're on your own for directions. Wish I could, because it's right next to the bowling alley and I actually remember where it is from last year.

2013-08-15 02:30:16 PM

marcre3363: Never made it to a Chicago Fark party.

Just moved to Irvine in March. This is pretty close.

If only we could find a sitter for the kids....

Depending on how old they are, buy them the wristbands that give them go-karts, bumper boats and mini golf for a couple hours, or give them $20 to head into the arcade.  Then you don't have to pay a sitter, the kids will have fun and you get to hang with farkers!

I'm going to try to make it - I have 4 birthdays in the family that week and there are two birthday parties happening that day/evening, but I'm hoping to get to boomers in between those!

2013-08-16 09:12:53 PM
I plan to be there.

2013-08-16 09:51:22 PM
Dammit, I will be back home (in SoCal) in another week...

Why cant you all do this when I am in town?

2013-08-16 10:36:24 PM

Endive Wombat: Why cant you all do this when I am in town?

Because that's not when Beatlefreak's and my birthdays are.

2013-08-16 11:07:47 PM
So if I can make it tomorrow night how will I find anyone?

2013-08-16 11:28:04 PM

lollipophead: So if I can make it tomorrow night how will I find anyone?

My pic's in my profile, and VivianVivisect is pretty distinctive and should be easy to find. She'll probably have balloons or something.

2013-08-16 11:48:38 PM

Fark color balloons

Balloons.... Lol

2013-08-16 11:59:34 PM
I just got into Orange County, if anyone needs me, I'll be around.

2013-08-17 12:06:05 AM

Fark color balloons

So blue white and gray?

2013-08-17 01:00:15 AM

themindiswatching: VivianVivisect: GWSuperfan: lollipophead: So if I can make it tomorrow night how will I find anyone?

Fark color balloons

So blue white and gray?

something like last years:

i.imgur.com

i.imgur.com

2013-08-17 01:02:28 AM
Dammit, I have family b-days this weekend. Even though OC is 3.5 hours away, I really want to get to a Fark party sometime in my life. *sigh*
Happy Birthday to the Farkers having them!

2013-08-17 04:32:22 AM
Palace Park!  \o/

Now I just need to decide if I want to make the drive down from the Inland Empire. :-(

/Grew up in Fountain Valley.
//UCI grad 2007.

2013-08-17 04:47:25 AM

JPINFV: Palace Park!  \o/

/Grew up in Fountain Valley.
//UCI grad 2007.

Worked and lived in Fountain Valley '91 and '92.

2013-08-17 09:04:47 AM
Oh, my home town..... wait, it's tonite?

Shweet!

BTW the Boomers go-carts don't move fast enough for you to hurt yourself.

2013-08-17 10:59:34 AM
why not Switch Inn, or someplace in Newburgh? Oh....sorry...wrong Orange Co...

someday....

2013-08-17 12:47:14 PM

EdNortonsTwin: Oh, my home town..... wait, it's tonite?

Shweet!

BTW the Boomers go-carts don't move fast enough for you to hurt yourself.

You can sign up for emails to be sent to you if they are 50-100 miles near you location it's in your Fark settings! :)

2013-08-17 06:14:41 PM
Does anyone else remember when the sign for Palace Park (I refuse to call it Boomers... just like Family Fun Center in FV is not Boomers, and it's Bullwinkles, not Boomer's Cafe) had the girl sitting on the sign and her brother sneaking up with a bucket of water?

2013-08-17 06:28:07 PM
The 405 is closed at 9pm tonight, getting there easy, coming home take the 55 freeway to the 5 freeway

If you need me to, I'll guide you to the 55 freeway

http://www.octa.net/Freeways-and-Streets/Garden-Grove-Freeway-(SR-22 )/ West-County-Connectors/Southbound-I-405-/-Eastbound-SR-22-Connector/

2013-08-17 06:29:08 PM
The link above this post is possible detours around the 405 closure

2013-08-17 09:50:59 PM
We're out in the back by the rock wall-look for the table with the balloons that says Fark on it-myself, GWSuperfan, and VivianVivisect are all back there!

2013-08-18 02:09:05 AM

2013-08-18 03:45:12 AM

Hey, I was just there.

2013-08-18 05:19:28 AM

phlegmmo: VivianVivisect: We're at the bowling alley in lane 5, when you walk in, you turn left, all the way to the left... Second to the last

Hey, I was just there.

2013-08-18 05:24:23 AM
Thank you for all of those people that made it out, another fan-tas-tic OC Fark Party!

I appreciate all of you, each and every one of you! it's not a party until you show up. Welcome new friends and old friends!

2013-08-18 05:33:11 AM

2013-08-18 05:34:02 AM
This is the I made it home safe comment. Thanks for having me, had a great time.

2013-08-18 12:12:41 PM

VivianVivisect: Oh! Before I go to bed I have a pair of  black fairly new running shoes with meAnd D you left your sweater, Chris has it! Lucky I became your friend on Facebook :) :)

A

rriving home last night i was horrified to see i was somehow wearing clown shoes rather than my black Nike running shoes.

Lo and behold, they are bowling shoes!  *facepalm*

Are you still in OC, maybe you can leave them at the bowling alley or some such?

PS we had a good time last night!

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Last | Show all