Do you have adblock enabled?
Host: Sir Cumference the Flatulent
Description: Make your plans to come to EuroFark 2013 - August 30/31 - Liverpool, England - NOW WITH UPDATED INFO
Date/Time: August 30, 2013 - 06:00 PM (local time)
Party Info:

It's time to plan your trip to the annual EuroFark party. After the last few in Germany and Amsterdam, we're having this one in the UK. Activities are still being planned, but we'll definitely be pub crawling.

Here's the link to the Facebook event site: https://www.facebook.com/events/442547625838163/?fref=ts

For anyone planning to fly in for this: It's likely a better option to fly into Manchester or London and take a train into Liverpool. Flights to Manchester are far cheaper, and the train ride is about an hour and costs about 14GBP, and there are also relatively economical trains coming from London.

Here's the schedule:
Friday 6pm - Meet up for food and drinks for those coming in the night before
Location: Yates, Queen Square

Saturday Saturday 12:15pm - Meet at Lime Street Station to take the Fab 4 Lennon Taxi Tour

Saturday 7pm - Dinner, then pub crawling
Location: Sapporo Teppanyaki Restaurant, 134 Duke Street

Here's a map with the two main starting points, plus some other pubs we'll likely roll into along the way: http://goo.gl/maps/C44aE

[image from dl.dropboxusercontent.com too old to be available]

1454 clicks; posted to Main » on 25 Aug 2013 at 6:34 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all

2013-08-17 05:37:06 AM
They'll steal your hubcaps while you drinkin

2013-08-17 06:02:37 AM

Agarista: Any updates?

We're finalizing everything as we speak. You don't have an email address for me to reach you, so either mail me at the address in my profile or go to the Facebook party page

2013-08-17 07:52:25 AM
Has this been moved to civilization yet?

2013-08-17 09:30:18 AM

I'm no expert but...: Yeah, but we have classy shiateholes. When you get stabbed in the south east the knife will be clean.

Exactly.  It won't be a kicking, it'll be an M & S kicking.

2013-08-17 07:12:00 PM
I guess I'm a clueless Yank, but to be properly "Euro," wouldn't it need to be on the Continent? Yes, I know the UK is in the EU, but we all know it's culturally in the middle of the Atlantic even if it's geographically not far from Europe. Right? Right??? Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. But I hear plenty of Brits referring to "Europe" and "European" people - usually in a disparaging way - and am certain that they're  notreferring to themselves.

2013-08-22 06:52:39 AM
Please have a look up top. We've set the locations!

2013-08-22 07:24:21 AM
One pub I definitely recommend is the Roscoe Head:

Good selection of beers, and no loud music. If there's a lot of you, it may be a bit too small, but some of you could go for a lunchtime pint.

There's also the Philharmonic nearby (just up the road), which is a classic, old-style City pub. I haven't been there for a few years, but it should still be good.
And for late night Chinese (since you're in Liverpool, it's Chinese not curry), the Mai-mai is good and central (in Chinatown, 5-10 minutes walk from the Anglican Cathedral).
Wish I could be there.

2013-08-22 07:27:04 AM
Why would you hold that shiat in liverpool? the locals will kill and eat several attendees, and call it a normal saturday.

2013-08-22 07:30:14 AM
Sorry, should be the Mei-mei:

And Liverpool really isn't that bad. It's a step or two up from the town I grew up in.

2013-08-22 07:53:16 AM

2013-08-22 07:55:52 AM
Liverpool.
It's not Europe.

2013-08-23 07:42:17 AM
Still under consideration.  Rail fare is just within my budget.  Can anyone recommend a decent, cheap hotel in the area?  I did have a quick look at the Premier Inns site, but they're booked solid.

2013-08-25 07:38:40 AM
Are Hammers welcome?

2013-08-25 08:09:51 AM

WestHamHooligan: Are Hammers welcome?

Are you a Farker? Then welcome aboard!

2013-08-25 09:17:35 AM
Maybe if I had had more than a week's notice...

2013-08-25 10:30:11 AM

There's a reason why the Beatles were glad to GTFO of Liverpool, even if it meant playing in a tiny wine cellar in Berlin.

2013-08-25 12:28:25 PM

TV's Vinnie: Liverpool, where if you don't get stomped by a Chav you'll get the crap gang-stabbed out of you from an Islamacist mob for smiling in public.

Didn't they go to Hamburg?

2013-08-25 12:36:59 PM

steerforth: HA HA! LIVERPOOL.

I have to ask.  how many of you saying Liverpool Hell No have ever been there?

2013-08-25 01:01:48 PM

marsoft: steerforth: HA HA! LIVERPOOL.

I have to ask.  how many of you saying Liverpool Hell No have ever been there?

I figure you would just have to take the same precautions that you would in any other large city. I survived growing up in the Bronx..I don't think a couple of days in Liverpool will be a problem. Looking forward to it.

2013-08-25 02:38:07 PM

Sir Cumference the Flatulent: marsoft: steerforth: HA HA! LIVERPOOL.

I have to ask.  how many of you saying Liverpool Hell No have ever been there?

I think most people who are anti Liverpool are thinking of Liverpool during the 80s.  Things have certainly changed since that time.

I am not from Liverpool btw I just work there sometimes.  I have lived and worked across the UK and Europe, and worked in Canada and the US.

To be honest like any city there are some crappy areas, but those are not really Liverpool but the urban sprawl around Liverpool.

2013-08-25 09:16:49 PM
You could do much better than Yates. There are nicer places that will serve nicer food in nicer areas. If I was recommending a meeting place for people coming in from out of town, I'd say head for Hardman Street/Leece Street and then filter down towards Wood Street/Bold Street.

I realise it comes down to personal preference, but there's places like The Flute, The Philharmonic, Hannah's Bar, The Fly in the Loaf, The Pilgrim (too many young students there for my liking), Ye Cracke. I would imagine that most Fark users would prefer the type of setting they provide than what you would get in Yates.

Just a suggestion, obviously you can move on from the meeting place, but even if you do that you're still at the wrong end of town.

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all