Do you have adblock enabled?
Host: Sir Cumference the Flatulent
Description: Make your plans to come to EuroFark 2013 - August 30/31 - Liverpool, England - NOW WITH UPDATED INFO
Date/Time: August 30, 2013 - 06:00 PM (local time)
Party Info:

It's time to plan your trip to the annual EuroFark party. After the last few in Germany and Amsterdam, we're having this one in the UK. Activities are still being planned, but we'll definitely be pub crawling.

Here's the link to the Facebook event site: https://www.facebook.com/events/442547625838163/?fref=ts

For anyone planning to fly in for this: It's likely a better option to fly into Manchester or London and take a train into Liverpool. Flights to Manchester are far cheaper, and the train ride is about an hour and costs about 14GBP, and there are also relatively economical trains coming from London.

Here's the schedule:
Friday 6pm - Meet up for food and drinks for those coming in the night before
Location: Yates, Queen Square

Saturday Saturday 12:15pm - Meet at Lime Street Station to take the Fab 4 Lennon Taxi Tour

Saturday 7pm - Dinner, then pub crawling
Location: Sapporo Teppanyaki Restaurant, 134 Duke Street

Here's a map with the two main starting points, plus some other pubs we'll likely roll into along the way: http://goo.gl/maps/C44aE

[image from dl.dropboxusercontent.com too old to be available]

1458 clicks; posted to Main » on 25 Aug 2013 at 6:34 AM (2 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2013-06-10 07:09:35 PM
Damn, wish I could be there.

2013-06-10 07:14:50 PM
I'll chip in on gas if somebody gives me a ride.

2013-06-10 07:17:22 PM

All you need is love.

2013-06-10 07:21:54 PM

The water was cold: jehovahs witness protection: I'll chip in on gas petro if somebody gives me a ride.

All you need is love.

C'mere sham;  if me trouble and strife gives me the all clear, i'll dekko this knees-up and put on me bovver boots and sod off a packet of crisps for a knee-trembler in the 'loo, ya bleedin' flash wanker.

2013-06-10 07:24:23 PM

The water was cold: jehovahs witness protection: I'll chip in on gas petro cheese if somebody gives me a ride.

All you need is love.

FTFY.

2013-06-10 08:11:29 PM
Farking Yes! 20 farking miles from farking home!

2013-06-10 09:09:54 PM
Bummer - I will be in London next week until July 6.  Oh well, have a great Europarty!

2013-07-15 06:43:17 PM
I've got my stuff all booked!

2013-07-25 06:56:35 AM
Scouseland? Eh? Eh?

2013-07-25 07:03:50 AM
Bummer.  Work has plans for I.

/short trip from Stuttgart only 240 Euro

2013-07-25 07:12:25 AM
I'm only coming if it's held at The Raz

/mildly obscure

2013-07-25 07:19:51 AM
Liverpool?
Never.
It's not somewhere I would visit even if I were a northerner, which I'm not. It's the worst shiathole up there, which isn't saying much but still.
If there's any Scousers reading this and feeling all stabby and indignant, I guess you need to 'calm down, calm down'.

2013-07-25 07:34:39 AM
♪♫ Yo'll never walk alone♪♫

2013-07-25 08:03:46 AM
Well I searched the world over
For a psycho that's fat
Yeah I searched the world over over
For a EuroFark girl

2013-07-25 08:20:11 AM
Hey, I might actually make it.  Starting a new job in Cheshire on the 12th, so not far to go.

2013-07-25 08:34:55 AM

2013-07-25 08:43:29 AM
Good luck to anyone attending. Prepare to be robbed blind and beaten to a pulp.

2013-07-25 08:45:26 AM
Liverpool seems like a good place to have it, you'll have lots of locals come out since the dole line closes early, and no one leaves empty handed. They'll have your wallet.

2013-07-25 09:02:14 AM

Try self-immolation in front of the pub. That'll show 'em.

2013-07-25 09:18:29 AM
No prank you can imagine could possibly compete with the abject horror of just being in Liverpool, so don't bother.
For anyone unfamiliar -  http://idler.co.uk/liverpool/ and  http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/2004/08/liverpool/

2013-07-25 09:35:47 AM

Whiskey Pete: THE GREAT NAME: 31 Aug huh? That gives THE GREAT NAME a little over a month to figure out how to IRL troll the event. Any fellow trolls got suggestions? Things like phoning in a <redacted> scare and putting <redacted> in the air conditioning are a bit passe. I want someing new and "edgy".

Try self-immolation in front of the pub. That'll show 'em.

Just standing still doesn't seem like much of a troll. Moraon.

2013-07-25 11:53:51 AM

2013-07-25 12:09:20 PM

Disgruntled Goat: I guess the main page will be pretty empty that day, what with about half of the greenlights these days coming from two guys in England linking everything they see in the Daily Mail and Sun.

Not necessarily, those two guys will still have to go to work, at the Sun and the DM.

2013-07-25 01:56:17 PM

2013-07-25 03:06:10 PM

postnobills: On the down side, I'm unemployed

You'll fit right in

2013-07-25 05:07:48 PM

postnobills: Hmmm... I could make this.  On the plus side, I'm only a train ride away in London.  On the down side, I'm unemployed and I would need a hotel.  Hmmm...

Nonsense.  Drink right through until the first train back to London.

2013-07-26 04:32:28 AM
Good grief, you'll be skinned alive.

[ex-pudlian..]

2013-07-26 09:23:57 AM
I think some people are unfairly tarnishing everybody in Liverpool with the same brush.

I was there a couple of weeks back, and there was this guy queuing infront of me in
McDonalds who I swear didn't look shady at all.

2013-07-31 01:28:20 AM
Thanks to Fark, my liver is already a pool.. A pool of bile!!1..

2013-07-31 01:37:09 AM
Hmmmmm... Only a 3-4 hour drive away... Tempting...

2013-07-31 01:45:43 AM

YoOjo: Liverpool?
Never.

Clearly you've never been to Doncaster. Or Rotherham. Or Bradford. Or Middlesborough. Or Hull. Or Barnsley. Or Wigam. Or Burnley. Or Nelson.

/we have a lot of shiatholes "up here"
//I'm from one of them

2013-07-31 02:25:43 AM
farm4.staticflickr.com

2013-07-31 02:30:03 AM
I recommend The Swan on Wood St and the Ship n Mitre.

2013-07-31 02:32:37 AM

FarkinNortherner: I'm only coming if it's held at The Raz

/mildly obscure

(but I'll bet you drink the Raz Juice)

2013-07-31 02:37:06 AM

No Catchy Nickname: YoOjo: Liverpool?
Never.

/we have a lot of shiatholes "up here"
//I'm from one of them

Clearly.

2013-07-31 04:32:55 AM

Agarista: I'll bet you drink the Raz Juice

EWWWWWWWWWW

YoOjo: Clearly.

OTOH: Gravesend, Croydon, Sittingbourne, Luton, SEanywhere...

2013-07-31 06:15:04 AM

bunner: ♪♫ You'll never walk alone again♪♫

Has a nicer ring to it

2013-07-31 07:07:24 AM
farm1.staticflickr.com

2013-07-31 07:15:10 AM

FarkinNortherner: Agarista: I'll bet you drink the Raz Juice

EWWWWWWWWWW

YoOjo: Clearly.

OTOH: Gravesend, Croydon, Sittingbourne, Luton, SEanywhere...

2013-07-31 07:34:57 AM
Gravesend is not too bad.....
/should be called Gravesindia
//mmmm curry
///not english, 'Merican

2013-07-31 07:42:48 AM
South-East is just as bad, if not worse.
Take a map of the UK, draw a line from Bristol to Poole, anything south- west of that is ok, the rest can go to hell. I'd be happy if Dorset, Devon and Cornwall left the UK and set up as the Independent Nation of Cider & Mushrooms.
/except the cider bit.

2013-07-31 07:48:16 AM
then again I've only lived here , so little basis for comparison I suppose....

2013-07-31 09:03:30 AM
not to be an ingrate, but why Liverpool? why not London?

2013-07-31 02:13:31 PM
Beer is 1/3 the price, for starters.

Northerners don't pretend. If you're a prick, they'll tell you.

2013-07-31 05:43:21 PM

Lady J: not to be an ingrate, but why Liverpool? why not London?

We figured because it was a bit less expensive, especially for a lot of people coming from the Continent.

2013-08-05 01:16:56 PM
Any updates?

2013-08-05 01:55:37 PM

Agarista: Any updates?

Gonna try to lock down as much as possible this week.

2013-08-16 10:26:21 AM
I will be there! arriving Friday evening or late afternoon to Liverpool.

Can't wait to meet up again, and I'm going to go see some touristy Beatles stuff!

2013-08-17 02:04:59 AM
HA HA! LIVERPOOL.

2013-08-17 04:18:31 AM
Have fun you Reds. Im not a soccer fan by I do love the fact that you are damn commies. Just like those baseball blokes from Cincinatti .
/kidding - have a lot of fun you lot

2013-08-17 05:37:06 AM
They'll steal your hubcaps while you drinkin

2013-08-17 06:02:37 AM

Agarista: Any updates?

We're finalizing everything as we speak. You don't have an email address for me to reach you, so either mail me at the address in my profile or go to the Facebook party page

2013-08-17 07:52:25 AM
Has this been moved to civilization yet?

2013-08-17 09:30:18 AM

I'm no expert but...: Yeah, but we have classy shiateholes. When you get stabbed in the south east the knife will be clean.

Exactly.  It won't be a kicking, it'll be an M & S kicking.

2013-08-17 07:12:00 PM
I guess I'm a clueless Yank, but to be properly "Euro," wouldn't it need to be on the Continent? Yes, I know the UK is in the EU, but we all know it's culturally in the middle of the Atlantic even if it's geographically not far from Europe. Right? Right??? Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. But I hear plenty of Brits referring to "Europe" and "European" people - usually in a disparaging way - and am certain that they're  notreferring to themselves.

2013-08-22 06:52:39 AM
Please have a look up top. We've set the locations!

2013-08-22 07:24:21 AM
One pub I definitely recommend is the Roscoe Head:

Good selection of beers, and no loud music. If there's a lot of you, it may be a bit too small, but some of you could go for a lunchtime pint.

There's also the Philharmonic nearby (just up the road), which is a classic, old-style City pub. I haven't been there for a few years, but it should still be good.
And for late night Chinese (since you're in Liverpool, it's Chinese not curry), the Mai-mai is good and central (in Chinatown, 5-10 minutes walk from the Anglican Cathedral).
Wish I could be there.

2013-08-22 07:27:04 AM
Why would you hold that shiat in liverpool? the locals will kill and eat several attendees, and call it a normal saturday.

2013-08-22 07:30:14 AM
Sorry, should be the Mei-mei:

And Liverpool really isn't that bad. It's a step or two up from the town I grew up in.

2013-08-22 07:53:16 AM

2013-08-22 07:55:52 AM
Liverpool.
It's not Europe.

2013-08-23 07:42:17 AM
Still under consideration.  Rail fare is just within my budget.  Can anyone recommend a decent, cheap hotel in the area?  I did have a quick look at the Premier Inns site, but they're booked solid.

2013-08-25 07:38:40 AM
Are Hammers welcome?

2013-08-25 08:09:51 AM

WestHamHooligan: Are Hammers welcome?

Are you a Farker? Then welcome aboard!

2013-08-25 09:17:35 AM
Maybe if I had had more than a week's notice...

2013-08-25 10:30:11 AM

There's a reason why the Beatles were glad to GTFO of Liverpool, even if it meant playing in a tiny wine cellar in Berlin.

2013-08-25 12:28:25 PM

TV's Vinnie: Liverpool, where if you don't get stomped by a Chav you'll get the crap gang-stabbed out of you from an Islamacist mob for smiling in public.

Didn't they go to Hamburg?

2013-08-25 12:36:59 PM

steerforth: HA HA! LIVERPOOL.

I have to ask.  how many of you saying Liverpool Hell No have ever been there?

2013-08-25 01:01:48 PM

marsoft: steerforth: HA HA! LIVERPOOL.

I have to ask.  how many of you saying Liverpool Hell No have ever been there?

I figure you would just have to take the same precautions that you would in any other large city. I survived growing up in the Bronx..I don't think a couple of days in Liverpool will be a problem. Looking forward to it.

2013-08-25 02:38:07 PM

Sir Cumference the Flatulent: marsoft: steerforth: HA HA! LIVERPOOL.

I have to ask.  how many of you saying Liverpool Hell No have ever been there?

I think most people who are anti Liverpool are thinking of Liverpool during the 80s.  Things have certainly changed since that time.

I am not from Liverpool btw I just work there sometimes.  I have lived and worked across the UK and Europe, and worked in Canada and the US.

To be honest like any city there are some crappy areas, but those are not really Liverpool but the urban sprawl around Liverpool.

2013-08-25 09:16:49 PM
You could do much better than Yates. There are nicer places that will serve nicer food in nicer areas. If I was recommending a meeting place for people coming in from out of town, I'd say head for Hardman Street/Leece Street and then filter down towards Wood Street/Bold Street.

I realise it comes down to personal preference, but there's places like The Flute, The Philharmonic, Hannah's Bar, The Fly in the Loaf, The Pilgrim (too many young students there for my liking), Ye Cracke. I would imagine that most Fark users would prefer the type of setting they provide than what you would get in Yates.

Just a suggestion, obviously you can move on from the meeting place, but even if you do that you're still at the wrong end of town.