Do you have adblock enabled?

Host: Skyday
Description: Who is going to Comic-Con International? I will be cos-playing as thermal bandage LeeLoo for your entertainment. (Farkette, here.) Where should we meet up beforehand so we can show up in a group of awesomeness +~14.5 billion?
Date/Time: July 20, 2013 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: WHERE:
San Diego Convention Center during Comic Con and THEN:
This is where we are meeting up. It is an awesome Gastropub.
Address: 777 G Street , San Diego, California 92101
Phone: (619) 446-0002

WHEN: July 20, 2013 7pm. SHARP. Otherwise you will NOT get spanked.

WHO: Everyone awesome.

WHAT: ??? PARTAY! FARK...

WHY: Because...we can typing and attempt we can talking in person. Mostly drinking.

HOW:

1: Order drink
2. Lift glass
3. Pour down mouth
4. Swallow
5. Climb on a person/place/thing (noun)

Facebook page:

Neighborhood Bar page:

Additional Info:
"Comic-Con International: San Diego is a nonprofit educational corporation dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, comics and related popular artforms, primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture."

Location: Neighborhood
777 G Street
San Diego, CA 82101
(619) 446-0002
(view map)

20181 clicks; posted to Main » on 20 Jul 2013 at 7:59 AM (3 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | » | Newest | Show all

2013-07-10 01:36:08 PM

Welcome to the internet?

If you did not receive a cat, please notify management and the oversight will be rectified.

2013-07-10 02:55:19 PM

foostoe: <threadjack>

i105.photobucket.com

I'll never understand why people prefer to complain about the quality of a thread rather than do whatever they think is necessary to improve it.

People who post things like "I came for X, leaving disappointed" and so forth are just boring and lazy.  If you came for X and X isn't here, post it your own damned self.  The site is best when it's mutually entertaining and everyone participates.  If you just sit there and wait for everyone else to entertain you but you don't do anything to entertain others, then you might as well be watching TV.

2013-07-10 03:15:44 PM
Tilted Kilts is where the party should be.

Or another bar that we love but we're not going to name it because we like having it to ourselves.

2013-07-10 03:18:27 PM

Fjornir: [img6.joyreactor.com image 401x654]

i743.photobucket.com

Photoshop is such a great tool for turning those lumps into curves.

2013-07-10 03:41:38 PM

foostoe: <threadjack>
To VivianVivisect:

Too bad you're leaving. More awesome stuff like this needs to be stated more often.

Bung_Howdy: Ursula, you have MY vote (as true geek chick)

Thanks, I think. I don't really care what I'm thought of, though. I'm not trying to out-geek anyone, nor look for that title, nor get attention for whatever it is that I do.

My only point in this thread was to say how overdone the choices are of female cos-players are. When it's so unimaginative that it's painful to see one more exact duplicate, I like to call some attention to that fact. Especially when the cos-player wants so very much undeserved attention for their lackluster costume, yet people foam at the mouth because omg it's a girl. I like to be impressed by talent, not tits.

Sexy frog. Yeah.

2013-07-10 10:03:56 PM
foostoe:
Hello, and welcome to my last words on Fark.

This thread made me realize I don't belong here anymore.

Godspeed, sir.
I still have fun on Fark, but I understand where you're coming from.
Have a good one.

2013-07-10 10:27:59 PM
Apparently the Internet is srs bznss.

2013-07-11 09:33:42 AM

foostoe: To VivianVivisect:
If I were still working on my thesis, I would have thrown out all the research I did trying to decipher what made Danny Gatton tick, and retitled it "Obese women in their 20s that suddenly find their spine and become SASSY: from outcast to brosephine". As to your comment that "I'm just a liter", well, that is true but it would be truly disingenuous of you to think I haven't been a TFer at some point. And it wasn't "gifted", like yours. I enjoyed it, it was fun, especially to see the then hotly-contested PS challenges come up on the queue. Right around the "you'll get over it" fiasco, plus random other changes that made the site more of a commercial success, I decided to take that $5 and give it to a more needy charity. Maybe before your next post, you'll give a minute's thought to how you're coming across. Anyway, moving on...

Ouch

2013-07-12 01:11:59 PM

VivianVivisect: FloydA: VivianVivisect: Queue the Slut shaming thread and go

i105.photobucket.com
Was he. A Slut? Or the different types of tails called a slut?

/quizzical dog.jpg

That style of wig is known as a "queue."

The word you meant to use is "cue," as in "a stage cue" that tells the actor when to go on stage, (or "cue a record" which, in the old days of radio, when actual DJs played actual records, meant "prepare a specific record to be played next."

"Queue" is often mistakenly used in place of "cue," probably because in British English, it refers to a line of people.  That use is etymologically derived from the wig style (with a long tail or braid of hair at back), as the word is ultimately derived from Latin "cauda," meaning "tail."

"Cue," in the sense that you meant, originally derives from the stage direction "quando,"meaning "when" in Latin, which was abbreviated Q in scripts, beginning in the 16th century.  Shakespeare uses both "Q" and "cue" to indicate the time an actor should enter the scene.

(It has nothing to do with your party, which I'm sure will be great fun.  It was just a throw away post, since I'm kind of an etymology nerd.)

2013-07-12 04:05:27 PM

FloydA: VivianVivisect: FloydA: VivianVivisect: Queue the Slut shaming thread and go

Was he. A Slut? Or the different types of tails called a slut?

/quizzical dog.jpg

That style of wig is known as a "queue."

Siri doesn't understand all that. Thank you tho

2013-07-12 04:07:35 PM

GWSuperfan: foostoe: the threads mostly seem to somehow or other degenerate into some combo of the following: troll/troll-feeder/aw/anti-aw/white knight/random shiat-stirrer.  It's almost like some folks feel that it's a requisite that a thread turn into a shiatstorm.

Welcome to the internet?

He really wrote all that shiat out. Epic I'm sorry I wasn't notified earlier..

Jackiechan.jpg

2013-07-12 04:13:11 PM

magicgoo: foostoe: <threadjack>
To VivianVivisect:

Bung_Howdy: Ursula, you have MY vote (as true geek chick)

Sexy frog. Yeah.

And I let you state your peace without getting in the way of your individuality.

I have every right to show my tits as I deem fit without break the rules here on Fark. if people take the time to figure me out, fine. if people don't ...then they are the ones missing out. This is the not the 1900 I will not get stoned.

2013-07-12 04:21:20 PM

magicgoo: foostoe: <threadjack>
To VivianVivisect:

Bung_Howdy: Ursula, you have MY vote (as true geek chick)

Sexy frog. Yeah.

And to that I say, your opinion of me, as sad as it sounds will not change me you only know the surface me and your life experience and what you know about my perceived background mixed Hispanic/Asian background, daughter of immigrants, first generation... College, Set of degrees,

Again all perceived and that is sad that you have decided to take a very complicated thing as the human spirit and condense it into a tiny sentence.

In the great words of Unfreakable:
people think themselves as complicated and others as simple.

You know very little about me.

2013-07-13 03:08:46 AM

VivianVivisect: ..

Go for it. Like I said: Tits don't impress me. Talent and imagination, however, do. I'm not telling you to stop showing off your boobs. I'm just saying you're not being very creative in the process.

VivianVivisect: if people take the time to figure me out, fine. if people don't ...then they are the ones missing out.

I highly doubt I'm missing out on much at all.

VivianVivisect:This is the not the 1900 I will not get stoned. Some people like to dress up. It doesn't mean they are more or less of a person, it just simply means they are different.

That was really kind of my whole point. Dressing up as Leeloo or Hermione is everything BUT, "different." Try again.

VivianVivisect:You know very little about me.

I do know one thing: Despite your degree(s), you never learned about not using run-on sentences.

2013-07-13 03:19:04 AM

magicgoo: VivianVivisect: ..

I highly doubt I'm missing out on much at all.

VivianVivisect:You know very little about me.

I gave you room to state your peace. I treated you with respect, allowing you to create your argument. You are attacking my character not the subject matter. That my friend is called an Ad hominem.

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent instead of against their argument.Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as an informal fallacy,more precisely an irrelevance.

Your argument is irrelevant and it was always a personal attack. You just proved it to me. You have something against pretty girls that have good self esteem.

Good day.

2013-07-13 06:00:12 PM
i.imgur.com

2013-07-13 07:28:36 PM
Was looking at my comment history and was reminded of this thread.
I guess these event threads don't get locked out commenting? Neat.

I should dig up one from a few years ago and post a lot of horrible things that no one will ever see.
Then if I do something really terrible someone will look at my post history and write an article about it. "Wow, the warning signs were all there. Why didn't they stop him?"

2013-07-13 07:56:32 PM

God-is-a-Taco: guess these event threads don't get locked out commenting? Neat.

They remain open until a few days after the event. They're not open forever.

2013-07-13 08:03:45 PM

magicgoo: Fjornir: [img6.joyreactor.com image 401x654]

[i743.photobucket.com image 798x639]

Photoshop is such a great tool for turning those lumps into curves.

I like the unshopped version much better.

2013-07-13 08:08:49 PM
REPEAT!

2013-07-13 08:13:43 PM

stonelotus: not going but I'd love your beef wellington recipe.

See, that's two votes for you disclosing the recipe.

Please!

2013-07-13 08:15:16 PM

GWSuperfan: elguerodiablo: Why do they keep regreening this thread without adding more sexy cosplay chicks.

Party threads get re-greened on a schedule. It should pop up at least once or twice more before the party actually happens.

Also, I don't have any pics of cosplay chicks in my bucket, but I'll contribute this preview of my costume for the ladies:

[i599.photobucket.com image 401x271]

*Blink*

2013-07-13 08:17:59 PM
Wow.  and now i remember.

/left for a reason

2013-07-13 08:25:17 PM

VivianVivisect: tentaculistic: Wow some people here are just... mean.  And I'm surprised that this still surprises me on Fark.

So what would be even cooler than thermal bandage LeeLoo - and I adore LeeLoo, and I adore the Fifth Element more than I can even say - would be to go as Zorg.  Or Ruby Rhod.

I know, missing the point, I'm sure you'll look awesome and hot in the thermal bandages.  Still... Zorg.  With that little clear hat and the weird swoop of hair and the creepy fleshy pet with the Bambi eyes.  Awesome.

It's okay, they are liters, not even Tfers,

pfft. You are SO much better than rest of us...

2013-07-13 08:42:32 PM

magicgoo: Photoshop is such a great tool for turning those lumps into curves.

Oh wow, you're right. Her ribcage was completely photoshopped out.

Ribcages are so unsexy. There should be a surgery to remove them.

2013-07-13 09:22:50 PM

Bravo Two: magicgoo: Fjornir: [img6.joyreactor.com image 401x654]

[i743.photobucket.com image 798x639]

Photoshop is such a great tool for turning those lumps into curves.

I like the unshopped version much better.

ditto - dude's PS skilz suck

2013-07-13 09:23:38 PM

magicgoo: Fjornir: [img6.joyreactor.com image 401x654]

[i743.photobucket.com image 798x639]

Photoshop is such a great tool for turning those lumps into curves.

Thank you for posting that....

I seriously had a moment where I saw the picture and....it didn't 'compute'.  I was like, 'Wow - she *looks* kinda chubby, but....kind of not.  All at the same time.  But, in a good way.  Huh.  Maybe I like chubby girls?'

But then I saw the untouched photo, and life made sense again.

2013-07-13 09:30:36 PM

Fjornir: [img6.joyreactor.com image 401x654]

I remember the thread wherein this pic was posted, and then the shooped version that thinned her out to model-esque proportions. The butthurt was LEGENDARY, as this is pretty much the perfect female body and the shoop ruined it..

Then there were follow up pictures that showed her in profile and other unflattering poses, and much wailing and gnashing of teeth was heard again, from different quarters.

2013-07-13 09:45:24 PM

magicgoo: Fjornir: [img6.joyreactor.com image 401x654]

[i743.photobucket.com image 798x639]

Photoshop is such a great tool for turning those lumps into curves.

i218.photobucket.com

It sure beats the old fashioned way.

2013-07-13 09:52:29 PM

magicgoo: wingedkat:

Aw, need a hug?
/kinda want that t-shirt now.

You can give me a hug and/or pry this shirt from my bitter ass when you find a girl like I described.

I'm not sure what shirt we are talking about and you're too far away for a hug, but...

My roomie likes to costume for the cons. She did Han Solo one year for a star wars themed group (said it could be Hanna Solo if people needed to wrap their heads around it). She is working on her Elijah Snow for this fall. She's not fond of showing skin, but she sits on panels and holds her own with heavy-hitting sci-fi authors, she knows how many gun turrets there are on which class Star Destroyer, and she once gave me a lecture on what DNA had gone into Serpantor. AFAIK her last costuming project was the dress on the cover of Patricia McKillip's Ombria in Shadow.

Point is, they're out there. She's not the only one, just the only one I know well enough to give the details. EIP if you want an actual introduction.

Hope that helps...

2013-07-13 10:13:55 PM

foostoe: <threadjack>

Hello, and welcome to my last words on Fark.

This thread made me realize I don't belong here anymore.  Well, not just this thread, this was the last little push to an exit I've been trying to avoid.  I'm stubborn, and I've been shoving all the good times I've had here in 10+ years (lurked for a while before signing up) against the undeniable deterioration I've noticed.

Let me clarify.  The links and quality of the headlines are fine by me, but the threads mostly seem to somehow or other degenerate into some combo of the following: troll/troll-feeder/aw/anti-aw/white knight/random shiat-stirrer.  It's almost like some folks feel that it's a requisite that a thread turn into a shiatstorm.   I've contributed to this, and I don't want to anymore, though I won't hold back here seeing as to how it's my last time.

Maybe it sounds like my favorite band got signed to a major and I don't like them anymore, maybe I sound like an old-timer that has not adjusted to inevitable change.  You're right, there is some of that, but I am a studio rat that depends on knowing the musical latest in order to keep getting called to sessions and gigs, and at 48 I know I've turned the corner but still feel good.

To VivianVivisect:
If I were still working on my thesis, I would have thrown out all the research I did trying to decipher what made Danny Gatton tick, and retitled it "Obese women in their 20s that suddenly find their spine and become SASSY: from outcast to brosephine".  As to your comment that "I'm just a liter", well, that is true but it would be truly disingenuous of you to think I haven't been a TFer at some point.  And it wasn't "gifted", like yours.  I enjoyed it, it was fun, especially to see the then hotly-contested PS challenges come up on the queue. Right around the "you'll get over it" fiasco, plus random other changes that made the site more of a commercial success, I decided to take that $5 and give it to a more needy charity.  Maybe before your ne ...

mmmmmm....copypasta

2013-07-13 10:19:41 PM

magicgoo: Fjornir: [img6.joyreactor.com image 401x654]

[i743.photobucket.com image 798x639]

Photoshop is such a great tool for turning those lumps into curves.

Wouldn't slow me down much... She's a little plush, but still cute.

2013-07-13 10:37:03 PM
A girl at Comiccon you say? SIGN ME UP!

2013-07-13 10:55:21 PM

[i105.photobucket.com image 462x292]
Was he. A Slut? Or the different types of tails called a slut?

/quizzical dog.jpg

That style of wig is known as a "queue."

I am so glad you exist.

/ honestly.
// I am totally serious.

2013-07-13 11:09:15 PM

fecal tiramisu: VivianVivisect: NP-Complete: Just going to leave this here.

TFD decided that I would be morrigan from dark stalker

Good luck even coming close to looking like that.  Or are we expected to think that's you and not Lindze Merritt?

http://kuxitokuxito.blogspot.com/2010/06/lindze-merritt-morrigan-aen sl and.html

/at least GD was not completely annoying all of the time...

Dat girl got some serious thunder thighs.

2013-07-13 11:49:20 PM
can't we all just get along?

/not serious
//not going
///not completely rational

2013-07-14 01:31:04 AM

magicgoo: Photoshop is such a great tool for turning those lumps into curves.

Mostly just a hack tool to erase a few shadows, and give her pron tits.

2013-07-14 07:24:13 PM

unlikely: ...

...

Nopes, I don't need an actual intro, but thanks! It's just rad to know those girls are out there. Give her a high five for her awesomeness! =)

2013-07-15 12:18:09 AM

magicgoo: foostoe: <threadjack>
To VivianVivisect:

Bung_Howdy: Ursula, you have MY vote (as true geek chick)

Sexy frog. Yeah.

Dunno if you've seen this but it's along the same lines as the points you've been making so far - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDEy-iElmk

/not a big fan of the McFarlaneverse at all, but he gets things right every once in a while

2013-07-15 12:21:49 PM

VivianVivisect: Queue the Slut shaming thread and go

i1054.photobucket.com

2013-07-16 06:58:36 PM
res_nihil:

Whoa. I hadn't seen that. You weren't exaggerating. MacFarlane got that exactly right!

2013-07-18 02:52:03 PM
I'm in San Diego.  Anyone want to grab a bite to eat?  Let's meet up somewhere.

2013-07-19 02:05:17 AM

2013-07-19 02:15:20 AM

themindiswatching: So today was day 1 and the only thing on my phone that worked was texts and calls. Even their free wifi got overloaded :/

GAH that's horrible. You'd think they could plan for mass influxes of people that they know are coming.

/I know Sprint has trucks they can roll to set up temporary cell sites for increased capacity. Don't know about other carriers.
//Yeah, I know, Sprint Sucks.

2013-07-19 08:04:26 PM

foostoe: <threadjack>

Hello, and welcome to my last words on Fark.

static.rateyourmusic.com

2013-07-19 08:07:21 PM

L.D. Ablo: Don't steal my outfit idea!

Spaz?!

2013-07-19 08:16:13 PM

The Voice of Doom: VivianVivisect
Should I spell out to you what PHP is

Don't bother, someone else already did: link

The guy who wrote that is an idiot.

2013-07-19 08:32:49 PM
This sort of stuff fascinates me in an anthropological sense.

I mean it is easy to sit at home at a computer and type "look at those dorks" when no one can see you.

I wonder what it would be like showing up to this sort of thing just dressed like a "norm."

Reminds me of the time I was at a nude beach and a woman passed out.  Don't know if she was drunk pilled up or whatever but it was very interesting a huge crowd of rubberneckers surrounded her while the EMTs looked really embarrassed.

I have no idea what my point is.

I guess what I'm saying is, look at my penis.  I am the passed-out Batman.

2013-07-19 08:40:12 PM
At least this didn't turn into a cry for help / suicide threads,

Damn I hate those

2013-07-19 08:55:50 PM
Ummm trying to get back on the topic....I'll be there breaking the lurking shell. *ducks head*

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | » | Newest | Show all