Host: Skyday
Description: Who is going to Comic-Con International? I will be cos-playing as thermal bandage LeeLoo for your entertainment. (Farkette, here.) Where should we meet up beforehand so we can show up in a group of awesomeness +~14.5 billion?
Date/Time: July 20, 2013 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: WHERE:
San Diego Convention Center during Comic Con and THEN:
This is where we are meeting up. It is an awesome Gastropub.
Address: 777 G Street , San Diego, California 92101
Phone: (619) 446-0002

WHEN: July 20, 2013 7pm. SHARP. Otherwise you will NOT get spanked.

WHO: Everyone awesome.

WHAT: ??? PARTAY! FARK...

WHY: Because...we can typing and attempt we can talking in person. Mostly drinking.

HOW:

1: Order drink
2. Lift glass
3. Pour down mouth
4. Swallow
5. Climb on a person/place/thing (noun)

Facebook page:

Neighborhood Bar page:

Additional Info:
"Comic-Con International: San Diego is a nonprofit educational corporation dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, comics and related popular artforms, primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture."

Location: Neighborhood
777 G Street
San Diego, CA 82101
(619) 446-0002
(view map)

20158 clicks; posted to Main » on 20 Jul 2013 at 7:59 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | » | Last | Show all

2013-06-18 12:03:13 PM

Smashed Hat: I'll be the fat guy in the sweat stained t-shirt.

Goddamit that's MY cosplay costume! :)

/I'll be there for reals, though

2013-06-18 02:08:12 PM
Been going to Comic Con since 2000.

13th year straight this year.

Awesome time in SDG!!! Bars and Restaurants are great!

2013-06-18 02:17:27 PM

Skyday: Maybe comic con will let me in if I just show up in my LeeLoo costume...  :S  sigh!!!!  The worst they can say is no...

And they would be crazy to say "no".  If I had the tickets I would gladly hand them over, but sadly that is not the case. I will ask around my Steam groups and see if anyone has extras. On that note, feel free to look me up on steam sometime. I go by "_ShadeStalker" most of the time. I play a broad spectrum of titles and while I lean toward shooters, I enjoy RPG's or any game that tells a good story.

Have you tried the Alan Wake titles?

2013-06-18 03:45:11 PM
wife tried to dress as thermal bandage leloo, but unfortunately her top bits are somewhat enormous.:(

2013-06-18 03:56:42 PM

dbrunker: Please don't take this the wrong way subby but saying your going to a comic book con as thermal bandage LeeLoo is no guarantee we can find you.
[farm3.staticflickr.com image 333x500]

[farm3.staticflickr.com image 375x500]
[farm5.staticflickr.com image 345x500]
[farm9.staticflickr.com image 334x500]
[farm9.staticflickr.com image 333x500]
Well OK so maybe I could identify you in that last picture but you get what I'm saying.

I don't need an orange wig because I have red hair.

2013-06-18 04:01:08 PM
Yeah, well I'll be cosplaying as shaved Chewbacca wearing a robe(snuggie) after going through a shrink ray...

Yeah, well I'm not quite toned enough to pull off the girlie costumes, so if I did go, that's what I'd have to pull off.

2013-06-18 04:20:34 PM
I want to cosplay as a burlap sack.

2013-06-18 04:29:58 PM
I always wanted to go as Gambit just because I realized one day that I had almost the whole outfit without even trying to gather the items.

2013-06-18 04:31:09 PM
Wow, maybe if I dressed as Star Eyed Stella I could sell all my 60's undergrounds?
Where are my damned skates?

2013-06-18 04:33:01 PM
I also wanted to add that you are hot Skyday. I want pictures of you in the outfit. I would go, but I just came off vacation and though I have more vacation time I doubt they would welcome me take more time off right away.

2013-06-18 09:53:37 PM
LOUD NOISES

2013-06-19 12:52:09 AM
Still waiting to hear if I won the ticket lottery, so probably not going as I expect those that won it have already been notified.

But if I do manage to go, I'll be there Saturday. When I'm not walking the halls, I'll either be hanging at the Toy Soldier Booth, the League of STEAM booth, or with my friend Ivy Doomkitty (yes, she's really a friend of mine). Oh, and I won't be hard to find; this will be my attire, since I will be in official function should I be attending:

img.fark.net

2013-06-19 01:50:21 AM
Oh, and since we're posting pics of ManLeeloo, this thread would be remiss without an appearance by ManFaye.

i500.listal.com

2013-06-19 10:24:09 PM
Come by the Diamond Comic Distributors (PREVIEWS) booth, I'll be there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI2GCveUslk">http://www.youtube.com/w atch?v=YI2GCveUslk

This was from the NYCC, but...you get the idea.

2013-06-28 04:41:22 PM
Details on the Stone Brewing launch party

Jul 17th 5pm, $49 entry (because they don't want it to fill up - it still might)

Logistically I'm in and out for a very quick hit - I arrive after noon Jul 17th and fly out Jul 18th super ass early because I gotta be back for Storm's 10th bday that evening

2013-07-04 01:05:09 AM
Based on her profile picture.  Fist. Angry God.  Etc.

Based on reality.  I don't have a snowball's chance in hell.

2013-07-04 01:08:40 AM
I'm not sure how you're going to pull that off. Your hair isn't even close to the right color.

2013-07-04 01:08:46 AM

CapeFearCadaver: [ibankcoin.com image 300x265]

Heh.

2013-07-04 01:13:26 AM
Don't be rude. All Farkettes are hot.

Really. I have cameras installed ....

2013-07-04 01:13:43 AM
Sky is a featured partner, right?

2013-07-04 01:14:46 AM

2013-07-04 01:27:03 AM

TV's Vinnie: Haven't been to Comic-Con since 2001, and with every passing year I'm even more glad that I'm missing it. The real Comic-Con died back in 1994, as far as I'm concerned. It's all about studios hyping their stupid sh*t shows now and the fans are just a barely-tolerated afterthought.

You sound old.

Oops, almost forgot,

i.imgur.com

2013-07-04 01:30:57 AM

Um... you realize the point was to sell comics in 1994 too, right?

Is this another one of those things like how all conservative talk show hosts tell you the golden age of America was the decade when they were eight years old, even though everything they like about it also describes every other decade and everything they hate about other decades also occurred in their decade of choice?  a.k.a. the "I remember G.I. Joe being quality entertainment" phenomenon?

2013-07-04 01:38:55 AM
I could AW this thread too. I can take the heat for Skyday... Fine.. I will

2013-07-04 01:42:38 AM

VivianVivisect: I could AW this thread too. I can take the heat for Skyday... Fine.. I will

I'm calling that bluff.

2013-07-04 01:45:46 AM

pics

2013-07-04 01:46:28 AM

Drew: because I gotta be back for Storm's 10th bday that evening

Dude- Legoland and Disneyland  ?Or are you gonna take him to Bourbonland © ?  Why not bring the family to those, instead ?  I hear kids like both places. just sayin

2013-07-04 01:51:33 AM
i.imgur.comi.imgur.com

i.imgur.com

2013-07-04 01:57:03 AM
come at me bro. the first one is my Harry potter outfit i bought for Fark Con. i wore it for Halloween.

the second one is pick up a Farker from the San Diego Navel Base. and treating him with a nice welcome home.

the third one is me modeling clothes.

there is also this one of me in a  star trek red shirt  http://instagram.com/p/VnV2j2FOUQ/

2013-07-04 02:02:02 AM

VivianVivisect: [i.imgur.com image 480x640][i.imgur.com image 480x640]

[i.imgur.com image 640x480]

2013-07-04 02:04:37 AM

make me some tea: This got weird.

That tends to happens when dealing with people wrapped up solely in their own frail egos, thermal bandages.

2013-07-04 02:17:13 AM

From the looks of things, there are a lot more hot women going to conventions these days.

2013-07-04 02:19:54 AM

The convention you want still exists.  It's called "Wondercon."  Same group of organizers too.  Or support any of the smaller comic book conventions at the local Elk Lodge.

No one "ruined" Comic-con.  The goal even back when it was still the Golden State Comic-con was always to have Hollywood involved.  The entire point is to have an all-inclusive entertainment convention where for a short time at least comics can take the same stage with television and movies (and now games).  It may not seem like a big deal now (and no small part of that accomplishment goes to SDCC), but at one time it was unthinkable for big stars and studios to associate themselves with the lowly comic book industry.

2013-07-04 02:20:39 AM

OgreMagi: I haven't done a convention in a long time.  What I remember was way too many fat women in very skimpy outfits running around thinking they were sexy.  There was always one hot girl in a skimpy outfit that built up an entourage of desperate nerds by the end of the weekend.

Comic Con isn't what they say it used to be, a lot of my geekier friends wont go cuz it's too "main stream"

The line, they say to get into any panel... You gotta get there at 6am to see any panel. So no, my geeky friends don't go anymore :-/

2013-07-04 02:21:01 AM
Didn't we have this same thread last year, or is there something wrong with the matrix?

2013-07-04 02:22:29 AM

Mirrorz: So attention whoring in TFD wasn't getting you enough praise so you're taking it to nerd mecca for guaranteed results?

What is this TFD where we can see said AW'ing

2013-07-04 02:26:15 AM
SATURDAY 7:00PM NEIGHBORHOOD BAR. (~.5 miles away from the Convention Center)
777 G Street,  San Diego, California 92101

facebook event page :

2013-07-04 02:32:22 AM

2013-07-04 02:35:25 AM

So a hot black chick would only have 1.2 personal posts on the front page, is that what you're suggesting?

2013-07-04 02:36:57 AM

im El salvadorian and Flipina ....sooooooooooo

Fark parties follow a schedule as to when they will appear on the main tab, they will automatically be bumped to the main tab ---Modmins had nothing to do with this. CALM YOUR TITS

2013-07-04 02:43:05 AM

VivianVivisect: kpstross: How does Skyday get two personal posts on the front page on the same day?  Oh, She's a hot white chick...nvrmnd...

im El salvadorian and Flipina ....sooooooooooo

www.mixcrate.com

2013-07-04 03:08:29 AM
ONCE AGAIN:

SATURDAY JULY 20TH: 7:00PM NEIGHBORHOOD BAR. (~.5 miles away from the Convention Center)
777 G Street,  San Diego, California 92101

facebook event page : https://www.facebook.com/events/155548271283718/

2013-07-04 03:18:44 AM
my eyes ಥ_ಥ

2013-07-04 03:23:13 AM
VivianVivisect:

July 20th is also my birthday.

*shared-birthday fist-bump*..   Good luck with the party, fellow awesome person.  ;)

2013-07-04 03:26:54 AM
*CARTWHEELS ON BEACH*

2013-07-04 03:41:38 AM

MythDragon: [2.bp.blogspot.com image 750x600]

But if you *can* do it well, then by all mean, please do.

Bodyshamer!!

/seriously, that chick on the left should be ashamed of her body, it's very unhealthy.

2013-07-04 03:57:54 AM
not going but I'd love your beef wellington recipe.

2013-07-04 04:06:16 AM

Generic Fark Name: VivianVivisect:

July 20th is also my birthday.

;) follow me on twitter and i'll send you a present. i'm going to bed, but at the party i'll definitely have a beer for you. i'll post pictures of that, what's your favorite drink?

2013-07-04 04:12:32 AM

True "nerd" females are so very rare. A geek chick wouldn't dress as slutty Hermione or bandaged Leeloo or slave Leia. Way too overdone. Way too boring. Way too mainstream. Way too easy. Let's see, for once in our lives, a chick dress as the Baron Harkonnen or Jabba or Ben Grimm or Eowyn in full armor or Robocop or Thrall or a Xenomorph or flight-suit Ripley or Ripley in a power loader built by said chick. Let's see a female not rely on her tits for nerds' attention, but on her knowledge of all things games/sci-fi/comics/fantasy/etc. That'd be effing sexy as eff: To be out-nerded by a chick who is a true fan of something that her boyfriend didn't tell her to like; to have a quality costume so amazing, it'd not be the amount of skin showing that draws attention to it, but the very intricacies in design that only a real fan could passionately create.

Screw it. Never mind. Those girls don't exist. Onward with the boring attention whore-off between two socialites who can't come up with anything more creative than what has been done a billion times.

2013-07-04 04:21:13 AM

magicgoo: Wait, wait. Which chick are we supposed to be paying more attention to? Skyday or Vivisection?

Computer science degree from UCR? Check

Living history? Check

Most of my friends are tech journalist that still after 7 years, find what I have to say valid. Check

My boyfriend is a back end php JavaScript developer. Check.

Yea. I would say I'm pretty farking geeky.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | » | Last | Show all