Host: Mr. Fuzzypaws
Description: Farks In The Wild at the Buffalo Zoo. July 24, 6pm, SOLD OUT, After Zoo at Nietzsche's, ~10pm. The Final Countdown
Date/Time: July 24, 2013 - 06:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Yes, I know, it's a Wednesday. Deal.

A couple of my favorite things are watching exotic animals and getting drunk. So come join me at the Buffalo Zoo's annual Wines In The Wild and we can do both together.

It basically goes like this: They hand you a wine glass at the door, you get a beer mug at a vendor and you double fist it for 3 hours. Food is also included in admission.

It's $45 for the general admission. General Admission is SOLD OUT $100 for VIP. VIP IS SOLD OUT.

*****
*****
*****

There is still the after Zoo Party!

*****
*****
*****
*****

The after zoo party will be at Nietzsche's. They have live music every night. My guess is with all the traffic around the zoo we should be able to all make it there by 10. Well before if you leave the zoo earlier, some are only going to Nietzsche's.

Still working on who's playing and what cover there might be. 5 bucks would be my guess. Type of music is up for grabs.

*****
*****
*****
*****

The site description:

On Wednesday, July 24th, the Pro Zoo Board and the Women's Board will host the annual Wines in the Wild event at the Buffalo Zoo For only $45 pre-sale, $55 at the door, your ticket includes a variety of food and dessert items, wines and beers, along with some great specialty services vendors.

We also offer a VIP ticket which will allow you one hour early entry, goodie bag and champagne toast at a cost of $100. Only 100 VIP tickets will be sold. Live music and visits from some of your favorite animal ambassadors will highlight the evening. Enjoy a balmy summer evening in one of the most unique environments around as you try your luck at our fantastic basket & silent auctions. This event takes place from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.., rain or shine.

Guests MUST BE at least 21 years or older

The more the merrier, so bring your friends and neighbors to enjoy this wonderful, casual, evening to benefit the Zoo's Adopt an Animal program. For further information or to purchase tickets, please call 995-6131. This event is very popular and has sold out the past few years. Don't delay. We look forward to hosting you!

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/148774255295270/

Location: Buffalo Zoo
300 Parkside Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214
(716) 837-3900
(view map)

5253 clicks; posted to Main » on 24 Jul 2013 at 6:59 AM (39 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all

2013-07-24 07:26:12 AM
I appreciate the notion, but I have family in Buffalo that make me want to stay at least 500 miles away lest I be obligated to visit.

2013-07-24 07:39:27 AM
Anyone willing to send pictures of the event to a former resident who can't make it?

/was just up there last week. :(

2013-07-24 08:19:51 AM
I've been to Blue Monk on Tuesdays in snowstorms where you can barely get through the door and have to wait an hour to order your stupid duck fat fries, how y'all think you're gonna have a whole website show up there well after the patio closes?

2013-07-24 07:03:06 PM
I'm here with my dad, no idea how to find anyone

2013-07-24 10:47:45 PM
Thanks, Mr. Fuzzypaws for an awesome afternoon and a fun evening!  Mr. Sunrunneth and I enjoyed meeting you, and the tour was great!!  :D

2013-07-24 11:32:16 PM
That was a blast. Definitely doing it again next year, and getting there early. If you had any doubts this year, next year is the time to go, trust me. I'd say this is probably the best bet for getting a decent Fark Party going.

2013-07-25 01:04:50 AM
Same thing next year. Book it.

2013-07-25 11:08:06 AM
What a fantastic evening! I will post pictures hopefully later tonight.

I took a photo of each wine/beer sample (the bottle at the booth) , I counted 16, some booths mighty generous :D.

I have pictures of 11 food samples, from hotdogs (whole weiner, not sample!), to chocolate fondue, samples of different cheeses of course, lobster bisque, diabolo pasta, fried chicken, mac + cheese, and the ultimate bbq pulled pork sammich!

Needless to say we were stuffed.

It was very nice to meet some new Farkers

The band at the bar was very good although I was too tired to stay too long.

Thanks Mr Fuzzypaws!

We'll do this again next year!!

2013-07-25 07:53:51 PM
goodtimes.

2013-07-25 10:11:14 PM
Link to some photos!

Link

2013-07-25 10:40:26 PM
I just drove by Nietzches and there's all sorts of Infringement fun going on - hope everyone had a good time!

2013-07-26 08:19:21 PM
kneecheese:

s22.postimg.org ...buying a round of drinks for the bar

s16.postimg.org craigzy stealing what would have been a good pic...

2013-07-27 11:00:13 PM

AllyOop: What a fantastic evening! I will post pictures hopefully later tonight.

Needless to say we were stuffed.

It was very nice to meet some new Farkers

The band at the bar was very good although I was too tired to stay too long.

Thanks Mr Fuzzypaws!

We'll do this again next year!!

This was great, the Wines in the Wild was great - lots of good food and drinks. The zoo tour beforehand was the best part.

Thanks Mr. Fuzzypaws, I can hardly wait until next year.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all