Host: Mr. Fuzzypaws
Description: Farks In The Wild at the Buffalo Zoo. July 24, 6pm, SOLD OUT, After Zoo at Nietzsche's, ~10pm. The Final Countdown
Date/Time: July 24, 2013 - 06:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Yes, I know, it's a Wednesday. Deal.

A couple of my favorite things are watching exotic animals and getting drunk. So come join me at the Buffalo Zoo's annual Wines In The Wild and we can do both together.

It basically goes like this: They hand you a wine glass at the door, you get a beer mug at a vendor and you double fist it for 3 hours. Food is also included in admission.

It's $45 for the general admission. General Admission is SOLD OUT $100 for VIP. VIP IS SOLD OUT.

*****
*****
*****

There is still the after Zoo Party!

*****
*****
*****
*****

The after zoo party will be at Nietzsche's. They have live music every night. My guess is with all the traffic around the zoo we should be able to all make it there by 10. Well before if you leave the zoo earlier, some are only going to Nietzsche's.

Still working on who's playing and what cover there might be. 5 bucks would be my guess. Type of music is up for grabs.

*****
*****
*****
*****

The site description:

On Wednesday, July 24th, the Pro Zoo Board and the Women's Board will host the annual Wines in the Wild event at the Buffalo Zoo For only $45 pre-sale, $55 at the door, your ticket includes a variety of food and dessert items, wines and beers, along with some great specialty services vendors.

We also offer a VIP ticket which will allow you one hour early entry, goodie bag and champagne toast at a cost of $100. Only 100 VIP tickets will be sold. Live music and visits from some of your favorite animal ambassadors will highlight the evening. Enjoy a balmy summer evening in one of the most unique environments around as you try your luck at our fantastic basket & silent auctions. This event takes place from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.., rain or shine.

Guests MUST BE at least 21 years or older

The more the merrier, so bring your friends and neighbors to enjoy this wonderful, casual, evening to benefit the Zoo's Adopt an Animal program. For further information or to purchase tickets, please call 995-6131. This event is very popular and has sold out the past few years. Don't delay. We look forward to hosting you!

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/148774255295270/

Location: Buffalo Zoo
300 Parkside Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214
(716) 837-3900
(view map)

5271 clicks; posted to Main » on 24 Jul 2013 at 6:59 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all

2013-06-25 09:20:05 PM

2013-06-27 03:34:47 PM

It doesn't matter who we are. All you need to know is that we're all Farkers and love to drink, mostly. It'll be fun, join in!

2013-06-28 03:05:24 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: dnicoloff: Been on fark forever and always wanted to attend one of these, but I have no idea who any of you farks are!

Yeah, just show up. It is people from WNY it is bound to be fun.

2013-07-06 07:50:35 PM
I NEED TO DO A HEAD COUNT!!!

Who is coming? I don't want to have to watch the gate all night. I do need to get my drink on.

I'll man the gate until 6:30 and then move to the gazebo until 6:45. Then there will be a roaming pack of Farkers in the zoo. >:)

imageshack.us

Again, I'll be wearing a Total*Fark tshirt and a blue and black back pack.

Weather permitting I'll be next to a Safari Cart with a lion pelt on it. You should not be able to miss me (unless you're already drunk).

2013-07-06 08:03:45 PM
I might be able to do this now. Are tix still available?

2013-07-06 08:04:25 PM

cameroncrazy1984: I might be able to do this now. Are tix still available?

2013-07-06 08:14:46 PM
I also have a couple spots left for an early tour of the zoo. 12 noon to 3pm.

Once Wines starts most of the animals are inside and the drinking is on. It's a good way for non-locals to see what we have, like polar bear cubs!

2013-07-06 08:17:09 PM

Mr. Murder: I've never been to Buffalo before.  I imagine it to be void of attractive women for some reason.

Haven't you ever heard of Buffalo Gals?

As Buffalo Girls won't you come out tonight
come out tonight
come out tonight
Buffalo Girls won't you come out tonight
And we'll dance by the light of the moon

2013-07-06 11:08:44 PM

oldfarthenry: Buffalo has a zoo? How do they prevent the animals from panicking with all those burning buildings/fire around them?

What fire?  I grew up in Buffalo, and I never heard of any especially famous fires.

Perhaps you're thinking of Chicago?

2013-07-06 11:10:41 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: I NEED TO DO A HEAD COUNT!!!

[imageshack.us image 700x524]

Again, I'll be wearing a Total*Fark tshirt and a blue and black back pack.

Me!

I'll be wearing something most likely.

2013-07-07 08:23:39 PM
Cool. I haven't been to a Fark party since the one up in Niagara Falls, ON.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to this one.

2013-07-09 03:00:33 AM
Looks like a friend and I will actually make it to this; just gotta buy the tickets. EIP if you want a description to meet me :)

2013-07-09 03:04:51 AM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: cameroncrazy1984: I might be able to do this now. Are tix still available?

No. Friend only confirmed a couple hours ago, but now the site won't process an order. DAMN IT.

2013-07-09 05:35:58 PM
Sorry about that, folks. I posted this as soon as tickets went on sale online. I tried.

But there's always Nietzsche's. Check the party description for more.

2013-07-09 05:46:05 PM
Wow, good for the zoo!

2013-07-09 05:51:13 PM

feckingmorons: Wow, good for the zoo!

No shiat, that's over $120K raised to feed the animals. The yearly food budget is about half a million though.

2013-07-10 09:41:51 AM

craigzy: i dont drink and my wagon fits 8.  b-lo farkers should not be driving.

newsimg.ngfiles.com

2013-07-10 09:53:43 AM
A zoo with nothing but buffaloes? Sounds kinda boring.

2013-07-10 10:47:38 AM
Wish you guys had something going on next week.

/it's when I will be up there visiting
//been a long time
///*sniff*

2013-07-10 11:22:36 AM
I flew from Florida up to Buffalo for a family wedding, late in July one year.  Packed shorts and short-sleeved shirts.  Which were worthless after sunset.  The locals told me that I had missed Summer, by one week.  It had only lasted a week.

/found out that bison/aka buffalo don't have wings.

//those come from chicken - mmm

2013-07-10 11:32:56 AM

2013-07-10 07:29:03 PM

craigzy: after party hertel
after after party elmwood
after after after party @ the pink

Does the pink even open before about 2am because it sure doesnt close at 4?  Plus the steak sandwiches are perhaps the best in town.

2013-07-10 07:46:15 PM

Had you submitted suggestions they might have been considered. I originally wanted something close to the zoo, Hertel/Colvin area, but no one was down. Then the subject of live music came up. Who else has live music on a Wednesday?

2013-07-10 08:19:44 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Bullseyed: Did the afterparty have to be at a craphole hipster bar? Had been considering going but... meh...

Haha, my bad. No one probably would have wanted to get transportation out to the burbs for a nicer bar anyway.

2013-07-10 08:25:14 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: WhoopAssWayne: Ahhh, Buffalo. Obnoxious yankee douchebags without any kind of cultural redeeming value like Manhattan.

You've never been here, have you?

I used to have a different kind of opinion about it, still disdainful, until my friend moved there and took me out. Holy crap can those people party. I was basing mine on my sister's friend's neighborhood closer to the airport or something, not even sure but it was a sketchy part of town. Buffalo is kind of awesome. I would still come for the after party, but she has to work early so I doubt 10 pm is possible for her. Plus I'd have to drive two hours home after so probably not a great idea.

Some other time, I guess.

2013-07-10 08:32:12 PM

2013-07-10 10:44:28 PM
Nietzsche's lists no acts for 7/24. Duke's Bohemian has a DJ. Nothin' at the Bend. Wednesdays look pretty dead in Allentown.

2013-07-10 10:57:28 PM
www.linuxpyro.tk
www.linuxpyro.tk
www.linuxpyro.tk

2013-07-11 12:26:46 AM

linuxpyro: I've since moved away, and unfortunately won't be able to make it.  But if you get the chance, make sure you see Luna:

I'm giving a few that email me a before Wines tour. They will see Luna and Kali. Not sure if they'll let them out for the actual event, this is a bunch of drunks after all.

2013-07-11 05:12:10 PM
Sold out already? frak!

I might go to Knee-Cheese, though. Sounds fun!

2013-07-15 09:27:09 PM
I still don't know exactly who is coming. From the emails I've got and the posts in this thread there's 7 going to the zoo for Wines. A few more to Nietzsche's.

/answer me dammit

2013-07-17 06:42:45 PM
BONUS: Wednesday is Sea Lion Encounter day. Get your picture taken being kissed by a sea lion. You get a 4x6 and an experience of a lifetime.

1:15PM, you have to get tickets beforehand, at the gate or the info booth. Sea Lion Cove is right next to the entry plaza.

img.fark.net

2013-07-17 07:33:55 PM
I'll be meeting up for the pre-tour at noon.  I have two regular 6pm tix; Mr. Sunrunneth may or may not attend.  If not, I'll either bring a friend or make sure some deserving person outside the gate gets in.  I doubt I will be at the bar at 10pm...got work the next morning.

2013-07-17 08:59:27 PM
I haven't been to the Buffalo Zoo in decades.  I would love to go.  But currently I'm too far away.

2013-07-17 09:19:14 PM

joepac1: Screw Cole's.  That stupid divider sucks.  Why not Blue Monk?

I live in Ohio and I know Blue Monk is the better option.

2013-07-17 09:21:04 PM

THIS:

2013-07-17 09:22:34 PM
I live in Rochester and have never been to Buffalo. I guess I don't have an excuse not to go now.

2013-07-17 10:35:30 PM
Argh!  I wish I looked at Fark before 10:30pm.  No luck tonight... unless someone plans on driving through NT anyway and feels like giving me a ride.

2013-07-17 10:38:42 PM
Why was I thinking this indicated it was tonight... nevermind, ignore that previous post.  This heat is getting to my head.
Hah... yeah, I think I'll be there for Nietzsche's at least, since you're saying there's no way to get in for the zoo part, right?

2013-07-17 10:58:39 PM
Sorry; maybe I should read threads first.  Yeah, the Blue Monk sounds probably better.  The label "craphole hipster bar" sounds pretty fair for Nietzsche's.  I've never heard live music coming from there, just live shiatty feminist poetry readings.  Of course, I've only ended up there once.

/nothing against feminism... it was just shiatty feminist poetry is all

2013-07-22 04:18:24 PM

austin_millbarge: Bullseyed: Did the afterparty have to be at a craphole hipster bar? Had been considering going but... meh...

THIS:

That place it way too expensive. 6 bucks for a 12 oz. draft. Fark that. Besides, it's too late to change it. Some people chose their hotel based on where were going to end up.

Live with the hipters for a night, it won't kill you.

-----

As it stands right now Nietzsche's doesn't have anything scheduled for Wednesday night, therefore I have no idea what the cover will be.

Should they not have anything going on you'll be a part of history. They've had live "something" going on every night for over 30 years.

2013-07-23 09:54:38 AM
One more sleep!

2013-07-23 02:48:49 PM
checked artvoice and tomorrow night is dead music-wise.
maniacs and beatle magic @ the canal 6-10pm, but thats a long haul back into the city.

2013-07-23 04:40:45 PM

2013-07-23 09:09:19 PM
9pm - Groove Force

2013-07-24 12:24:21 AM

AllyOop: One more sleep!

I'm ready to go, can we go now!

2013-07-24 06:11:04 AM

feckingmorons: AllyOop: One more sleep!

I'm ready to go, can we go now!

My last sleep was cut short due to excitement.

I have to go in early anyway. There's shiat to do!

2013-07-24 07:04:38 AM
why keep bumping this if it's sold out?

2013-07-24 07:10:47 AM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: That place it way too expensive. 6 bucks for a 12 oz. draft.

That's because they serve decent beer. It's not like you're paying $6 for a Blue Light.

/Also has great food. If you're in the area and haven't been to Blue Monk, GO.
//Working, so I can't make it.

2013-07-24 07:15:11 AM

abhorrent1: why keep bumping this if it's sold out?

Party threads automatically get bumped.

YodaBlues: If you're in the area and haven't been to Blue Monk, GO.

I live a block away.