Host: Mr. Fuzzypaws
Description: Farks In The Wild at the Buffalo Zoo. July 24, 6pm, SOLD OUT, After Zoo at Nietzsche's, ~10pm. The Final Countdown
Date/Time: July 24, 2013 - 06:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Yes, I know, it's a Wednesday. Deal.

A couple of my favorite things are watching exotic animals and getting drunk. So come join me at the Buffalo Zoo's annual Wines In The Wild and we can do both together.

It basically goes like this: They hand you a wine glass at the door, you get a beer mug at a vendor and you double fist it for 3 hours. Food is also included in admission.

It's $45 for the general admission. General Admission is SOLD OUT $100 for VIP. VIP IS SOLD OUT.

*****
*****
*****

There is still the after Zoo Party!

*****
*****
*****
*****

The after zoo party will be at Nietzsche's. They have live music every night. My guess is with all the traffic around the zoo we should be able to all make it there by 10. Well before if you leave the zoo earlier, some are only going to Nietzsche's.

Still working on who's playing and what cover there might be. 5 bucks would be my guess. Type of music is up for grabs.

*****
*****
*****
*****

The site description:

On Wednesday, July 24th, the Pro Zoo Board and the Women's Board will host the annual Wines in the Wild event at the Buffalo Zoo For only $45 pre-sale, $55 at the door, your ticket includes a variety of food and dessert items, wines and beers, along with some great specialty services vendors.

We also offer a VIP ticket which will allow you one hour early entry, goodie bag and champagne toast at a cost of $100. Only 100 VIP tickets will be sold. Live music and visits from some of your favorite animal ambassadors will highlight the evening. Enjoy a balmy summer evening in one of the most unique environments around as you try your luck at our fantastic basket & silent auctions. This event takes place from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.., rain or shine.

Guests MUST BE at least 21 years or older

The more the merrier, so bring your friends and neighbors to enjoy this wonderful, casual, evening to benefit the Zoo's Adopt an Animal program. For further information or to purchase tickets, please call 995-6131. This event is very popular and has sold out the past few years. Don't delay. We look forward to hosting you!

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/148774255295270/

Location: Buffalo Zoo
300 Parkside Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214
(716) 837-3900
(view map)

5275 clicks; posted to Main » on 24 Jul 2013 at 6:59 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all

2013-05-03 01:37:44 PM

The zoo is not in the ghetto. Unlike the Philly zoo.

2013-05-03 02:22:54 PM
Don't know I can make it or not but funny thing is that Mr Fuzzypaws looks like a friend of a friend who lives in the buffalo area. It'd be a hoot if you actually were that guy. (and weird)

2013-05-03 03:23:35 PM
I heard retards like the zoo.

2013-05-03 03:28:23 PM

under a mountain: I heard retards like the zoo.

And hate beaches?

2013-05-03 04:07:46 PM
after party hertel
after after party elmwood
after after after party @ the pink

2013-05-03 04:18:15 PM
There actually is a buffalo at the Buffalo Zoo.  But it's pretty sad.
media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

2013-05-03 04:24:23 PM

MBooda: There actually is a buffalo at the Buffalo Zoo.  But it's pretty sad.
[media-cdn.tripadvisor.com image 550x412]

That's not a buffalo. And there are no buffalo at the Buffalo zoo.

Matter of fact buffalo aren't even from North America. They're from Africa.

/by they way, that bison is just shedding

2013-05-03 06:32:24 PM
Have fun, everyone!

By the way, "Farks in the wild" is a wonderful hobby

2013-05-03 09:09:36 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: oldfarthenry: Buffalo has a zoo? How do they prevent the animals from panicking with all those burning buildings/fire around them?

The zoo is not in the ghetto. Unlike the Philly zoo.

I take it you have never been there on free admission day.

2013-05-03 10:04:24 PM
i dont drink and my wagon fits 8.  b-lo farkers should not be driving.

2013-05-04 12:30:34 AM

wrenchboy: I take it you have never been there on free admission day.

Of course I have. It was a pleasant experience and I requested to work that day again this year.

/shutters

2013-05-04 09:43:29 AM
You'd have to be really drunk to like a zoo. I mean, all those poor animals tracking back and forth going crazy.
Just like us.

2013-06-04 05:54:07 PM
Parking will mainly be along the pink roads and parking lot. Get there early. People start lining up at the 6 o'clock door at 4pm. There's 2500 people wanting to get through that door and get their drink on.

The general admission goes through Gate 9. VIPs go through the main entrance which is right off the parking lot. (Or will be as of July 1st)

The people that want a tour previous to the event meet me at Gate 1. I only have 2 booked so I can get another three on this tour. Tour can be three hours because that's as long as we're allowed to be there. So from 3pm to whenever your gate opens you're on your own. I'm gonna "tail gate" on other peoples' parties. :P

imageshack.us

2013-06-04 06:40:18 PM

2013-06-04 07:18:06 PM

It does end at 9pm. After zoo drinking is planned. Don't know where yet. I'm pushing for somewhere near Hertel and Colvin. Other's want to go downtown. We still have a month and a half to figure all that out.

2013-06-04 07:28:04 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Satan's Chocolate Starfish: Is there any after-zoo drinking planned?  I doubt that I'm going to be able to make the zoo thing, but that ends at 9, right?

Just a suggestion--the Bisons play at home on July 24th, so there will probably be a nice crowd at Pearl Street Grill.  And the Cobblestone District will probably be fairly busy that night, too.

2013-06-04 07:47:30 PM

2013-06-04 08:31:16 PM

Rottweiler8: I just saw the words "Buffalo Zoo" in green type and assumed the worst. Now that I know its not, I may join up. I always forget Im not the only Buffalo based TFer around.

I wish I was a Buffalo based TF'er. A city with culture, what a change from Florida!

I'll be there with bells on (unless that will bother the animals).

2013-06-04 08:42:06 PM
ahh man, i wanna pet the cobra

2013-06-04 08:42:34 PM

Satan's Chocolate Starfish: Mr. Fuzzypaws: there will probably be a nice crowd at Pearl Street Grill.

you say this as if it is a good thing.

i think we can rule out chippewa...  so that leaves us with hertel, elmwood, and allen.  it might be fun to see a band.

2013-06-04 08:44:46 PM
I think VIP is sold out.

2013-06-04 08:54:12 PM

craigzy: after party hertel
after after party elmwood
after after after party @ the pink

in.

2013-06-04 09:23:14 PM
"It basically goes like this: They hand you a wine glass at the door, you get a beer mug at a vendor and you double fist it for 3 hours"

/reminds me of my drinking problem... thinks you have one too

2013-06-04 09:45:28 PM
Let's see.  I need to run thru my check lists here...

I love zoo's.
I love alcohol.
It's a wednesday but I could take a few days off and extend the weekend for an extended stay of the city.
It's 5 hours away (driveable).
Sure,  I'll be there.

Question.  Does anyone know how they ship their tickets.  USPS or UPS?

2013-06-04 10:14:41 PM
Is it really a good idea to have a Fark party at a zoo?
When it's over, I fear they might not let everybody leave.

2013-06-04 11:10:27 PM

Deep Contact: It would be funnier if we could get the gorillas drunk.

I went to this event years ago, and we got buzzed and wandered into the monkey house/gorilla exhibit after dark. No lights. Creeeeeepy.

Nice to finally see the hyenas awake though!

2013-06-04 11:53:23 PM
Allrighty I just ordered my tickets. This will be my first Fark related party. I missed the get togethers at the Pearl Street Grill in the past, I'm not sure I can get hammered enough in 3 hours. At least not to Fark Party Standards.

2013-06-05 01:37:02 AM

I love zoo's.
I love alcohol.
It's 5 hours away (driveable).
Sure,  I'll be there.

Question.  Does anyone know how they ship their tickets.  USPS or UPS?

Mine came USPS, but they will do will call I think.

2013-06-05 03:04:10 PM

feckingmorons: 5 star chef of tv dinners: Let's see.  I need to run thru my check lists here...

I love zoo's.
I love alcohol.
It's 5 hours away (driveable).
Sure,  I'll be there.

Question.  Does anyone know how they ship their tickets.  USPS or UPS?

Mine came USPS, but they will do will call I think.

Thanks.  Just ordered my tickets.  Can't wait to meet everybody.

2013-06-05 03:37:51 PM
Is it all you can drink or cash bars set up after the first couple?

2013-06-05 03:51:36 PM

threefeetoffun: Is it all you can drink or cash bars set up after the first couple?

It's all you can eat and drink "sample size". Some vendors fill you up, some just give you a quarter/half glass. But you're free to stand in line again. :) Last year there were about 60 vendors and 2/3rds of them were alcohol based (beer and wine). The rest were food and there was one local video game store that had an F1 game set up in LAN mode on Xbox for people to drunk drive against.

Then there's always the duck races. :P Big money wagers on plastic ducks goes on there.

2013-06-05 04:13:47 PM

craigzy: allen.  it might be fun to see a band.

That's an idea. Nietzsche's has live music every night.

Bonus: It's only a mile from my house so I can stumble home if I miss the bus.

2013-06-06 03:32:57 PM

I'll still man Gate 9 to 6:30ish but I'll move over to the Gazebo about then.

Again, I'll be wearing a Total*Fark tshirt and a blue and black back pack.

imageshack.us

2013-06-17 03:06:58 PM
Currently trying to find out who's playing at Nietzsche's that night and what the cover will be. Once that's all set I'll update the post.

Stay tuned.

2013-06-17 03:39:00 PM
I STILL HAVE ROOM FOR 3 ON THE EARLY TOUR! IT'S FREE! EMAIL ME.

2013-06-17 04:45:23 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Because we all don't know each other and some of us are entering at different gates let's all "try" to meet at the gazebo by 6:45pm.

I'll still man Gate 9 to 6:30ish but I'll move over to the Gazebo about then.

Again, I'll be wearing a Total*Fark tshirt and a blue and black back pack.

[imageshack.us image 700x524]

I'll be wearing trousers of some sort and a hat with a flashing light and siren:

edmedley.com

Not really, I won't be wearing trousers.

2013-06-17 05:56:05 PM
Holy crap, a Buffalo Fark Party??! Of course it's during the one week I'm out of town.

/Vacationing in the Outer Banks that week.

2013-06-17 06:13:39 PM
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN 'AFTERPARTY'. THERE IS ONLY ANOTHER PARTY.

/sometimes i hate this planet

2013-06-17 06:14:47 PM

They're used to it.

2013-06-17 06:15:47 PM

Mambo Bananapatch: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN 'AFTERPARTY'. THERE IS ONLY ANOTHER PARTY.

/sometimes i hate this planet

No, there is no afterlife. There's a difference.

2013-06-17 09:01:45 PM

2013-06-17 09:44:06 PM
Got my ticket the other day.  Was going to drive but I just found a bus that runs to buffalo.  $20 total for my trip up there and back while someone else drives and I sleep.  Can't pass that deal up.

2013-06-18 08:31:05 AM

:D

2013-06-18 11:58:29 AM

Hey, I got no problem going to another party. As long as it's not an afterparty BECAUSE THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS AN 'AFTERPARTY' and that word just makes me want to eat my own head.

/who's this AllyOop? he/she sounds cool

2013-06-18 12:48:21 PM

Mambo Bananapatch: Rottweiler8: For anybody wondering, Ill be at  Nietzsche's for this. That is a warning for folks like  Mambo Bananapatch and AllyOop.

/who's this AllyOop? he/she sounds cool

Were you at the Maddison? I was!

Otherwise you have some suspense til Buffalo to meet me.

And yes, I'm cool. Totally cool.

2013-06-18 12:55:24 PM

/working nights & weekends sucks ass

2013-06-18 01:06:25 PM

Mambo Bananapatch: I missed the Madison and will have to miss Buffalo too...I guess the suspense will have to last until the next Toronto party.

/working nights & weekends sucks ass

aww darn. Yeah, suspense 'til next year.

I hear you on the shift work.  Ass AND balls.

2013-06-18 03:19:46 PM
Nietzsche's has no idea who's playing that night right now.

2013-06-18 04:20:56 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Nietzsche's has no idea who's playing that night right now.

Fark band? Shall we bring whatever instruments we have? :D

(notice I didn't say instruments we could actually *play*)

/no rusty trombones

2013-06-24 08:44:32 PM
Odd, I don't remember reposting this.

Must be because it's the month countdown today.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all