Do you have adblock enabled?
Host: Mr. Fuzzypaws
Description: Farks In The Wild at the Buffalo Zoo. July 24, 6pm, SOLD OUT, After Zoo at Nietzsche's, ~10pm. The Final Countdown
Date/Time: July 24, 2013 - 06:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Yes, I know, it's a Wednesday. Deal.

A couple of my favorite things are watching exotic animals and getting drunk. So come join me at the Buffalo Zoo's annual Wines In The Wild and we can do both together.

It basically goes like this: They hand you a wine glass at the door, you get a beer mug at a vendor and you double fist it for 3 hours. Food is also included in admission.

It's $45 for the general admission. General Admission is SOLD OUT $100 for VIP. VIP IS SOLD OUT.

*****
*****
*****

There is still the after Zoo Party!

*****
*****
*****
*****

The after zoo party will be at Nietzsche's. They have live music every night. My guess is with all the traffic around the zoo we should be able to all make it there by 10. Well before if you leave the zoo earlier, some are only going to Nietzsche's.

Still working on who's playing and what cover there might be. 5 bucks would be my guess. Type of music is up for grabs.

*****
*****
*****
*****

The site description:

On Wednesday, July 24th, the Pro Zoo Board and the Women's Board will host the annual Wines in the Wild event at the Buffalo Zoo For only $45 pre-sale, $55 at the door, your ticket includes a variety of food and dessert items, wines and beers, along with some great specialty services vendors.

We also offer a VIP ticket which will allow you one hour early entry, goodie bag and champagne toast at a cost of $100. Only 100 VIP tickets will be sold. Live music and visits from some of your favorite animal ambassadors will highlight the evening. Enjoy a balmy summer evening in one of the most unique environments around as you try your luck at our fantastic basket & silent auctions. This event takes place from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.., rain or shine.

Guests MUST BE at least 21 years or older

The more the merrier, so bring your friends and neighbors to enjoy this wonderful, casual, evening to benefit the Zoo's Adopt an Animal program. For further information or to purchase tickets, please call 995-6131. This event is very popular and has sold out the past few years. Don't delay. We look forward to hosting you!

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/148774255295270/

Location: Buffalo Zoo
300 Parkside Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14214
(716) 837-3900
(view map)

5288 clicks; posted to Main » on 24 Jul 2013 at 6:59 AM (2 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2013-04-04 05:31:33 PM
I'll be there rain or shine. I'm going VIP so I'll be there to great anyone that decides to come.

2013-04-04 05:33:34 PM
I'll be there. Sounds interesting.

2013-04-04 05:35:29 PM
I'm not a drinker, unfortunately, but I'm tempted to show up if there is a good showing from Fark.

2013-04-04 05:35:41 PM

2013-04-04 05:36:18 PM

Purelilac: http://imageshack.us/a/img850/9639/geekparty.jpg

Crap.

imageshack.us

2013-04-04 05:36:50 PM
I parsed that as "Farts in the Wild."

That sounds like fun.

2013-04-04 05:37:47 PM
I forgot to mention that it's just a couple blocks from a crap ton of bars so after zoo is not a problem. I just wouldn't know where to go.

2013-04-04 06:15:30 PM
The zoo is open at 6pm? More details please.

2013-04-04 06:44:12 PM

KawaiiNot: The zoo is open at 6pm? More details please.

The zoo closes for regular visitors early that day (not sure when right now). But it opens back up at 5 for VIPs and 6 for regular ticket holders.

I'll try to find out ASAP any questions you may have.

2013-04-04 07:05:46 PM
Hmm.  *checks schedule*

I think I'll be able to join :D
I'm off Wed/Thurs that week.   Just need info for near-by hotel.  Or if the party goes elsewhere later, where is a good/central location to bunker for the night.

2013-04-04 07:21:51 PM
I don't know if I'll be back in town that week or not yet.  Summers are somewhat flexible.  If I'm around, I'll show up.

2013-04-04 07:26:35 PM
I'll be there!

A nearby hotel idea is most welcome.

Otherwise it is the Red Roof in Williamsville near the airport :)

2013-04-04 07:31:09 PM
I hope I got in for the VIP:

"Thank you for submitting your registration for this event. We will process your registration as soon as possible, and will notify you when complete.

Thanks for supporting The Buffalo Zoo!

Sincerely,
The Buffalo Zoo"

I freaking love the zoo!

2013-04-04 08:26:06 PM
Dammit.  Definitely one of those times I wish I were back living in WNY...

2013-04-04 08:26:17 PM

feckingmorons: I'll be there!

A nearby hotel idea is most welcome.

Otherwise it is the Red Roof in Williamsville near the airport :)

I stayed at the Hyatt a few years ago in downtown. It wasn't bad, and it was a short walk to the subway which also stops near the zoo.

Wish I could make this. I had a great trip at that zoo when I was in college.

2013-04-04 09:00:21 PM
Holy sh*t, something close-ish to home?! I love Fark, but am more of a lurker. I'll have to ponder. So cool though. Yay WNY!

2013-04-04 09:22:58 PM
I'll be there!  My first Fark Party!  :D

2013-04-04 09:40:40 PM
I just wrote the Detroit Zoo and asked them to have one here.

2013-04-04 09:53:34 PM
Day after my birthday, first fark party? Just might do it...

2013-04-04 10:10:56 PM
Damn, it is mid week....it is unlikely that we will make it. Which is sad because i like buffalo.

2013-04-06 08:28:03 PM

2013-04-06 08:55:42 PM

wrenchboy: So this is all you can drink? Don't care for wine that much when I want to get blotto. But I hope its going to be something better than Bud or Coors served. Been a few years since I have been to the Buffalo Zoo, where will everyone meet up?

This is an all you can eat and drink thing. Sample size but in 3 hours you can sample a lot of stuff, and some vendors do fill you up. But they do have the right to refuse you just like a bar and have cut off zoo keepers because they were too drunk. As far a beer goes, it's all local micro brews. Matter of fact that goes for everything there, all local. No Bud or Coors here.

As for meeting up I am going VIP and will get in an hour before general admission. I will station myself next to that entrance wearing my TotalFark shirt. I will try to get another Docent to have a Safari Cart there so it'll be obvious where I am.

2013-04-06 11:54:14 PM

feckingmorons: I'll be there!

A nearby hotel idea is most welcome.

Otherwise it is the Red Roof in Williamsville near the airport :)

Last Fark Party in Buffalo we stayed at the Comfort Suites in on Main street.   It's beside the rail line. According to the transit website (and Google) it's about 25min ride to the zoo.   ...need the check the return times though.

2013-04-08 10:37:36 AM
Just ordered my tickets :)  woooo!

2013-04-08 03:28:43 PM

AllyOop: Just ordered my tickets :)  woooo!

Sweet!

2013-04-09 02:00:44 PM
Picked up my ticket today. #16

2013-04-17 11:43:10 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Picked up my ticket today. #16

Hooray!

Mine arrived in the mail today. #s 304 + 305 non-vip

2013-04-20 04:04:04 AM
Bumped it up so maybe some weekend people will see it.

2013-04-20 04:48:23 AM
It's a wednesday....but it's far enough out I might be able to get the day off. I work two days a week, long shifts, but maybe. I'll let you know later.

2013-04-20 04:57:05 AM

2013-04-20 08:49:04 AM
IDEA STEALER!

Slu
2013-04-20 09:21:07 AM
This is very interesting. Never has a Fark party been so close to my house.

Hotel suggestion: Hampton Inn downtown. Near train and bars/clubs/food.

As for after, I'd recommend Cole's on Elmwood Ave.

2013-04-20 09:51:25 AM
It would be funnier if we could get the gorillas drunk.

2013-04-20 12:53:49 PM

You are not totally wrong.

2013-04-20 01:00:21 PM

You are not totally wrong.

The women here have really nice skin from lack of sun.

2013-04-20 01:15:14 PM

Deep Contact: HaveBeerWillTravel: Mr. Murder: I've never been to Buffalo before.  I imagine it to be void of attractive women for some reason.

You are not totally wrong.

The women here have really nice skin from lack of sun.

This is true.

I didn't say he was right.  I just said he wasn't totally wrong.

2013-04-20 01:20:28 PM

feckingmorons: I'll be there!

A nearby hotel idea is most welcome.

Otherwise it is the Red Roof in Williamsville near the airport :)

Dear God, no.

The Holiday Inn on Delaware Ave is reasonably priced, conveniently located, and... not a Red Roof Inn.  I'd look there-ish.

2013-04-20 01:33:07 PM
How apropos that a zoo visit is hosted by Mr. Fuzzy Paws!

I heckle animals. Is that wrong?

2013-04-20 05:10:24 PM

Paranoia-': IDEA STEALER!

Didn't I find the beer fest thing at the Philly zoo for you? :P

2013-04-20 05:11:15 PM

unfarkingbelievable: I heckle animals. Is that wrong?

2013-04-20 06:23:01 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Paranoia-': IDEA STEALER!

Didn't I find the beer fest thing at the Philly zoo for you? :P

Yeah, probably. =P

I'm just upset because I won't be able to make it, lol.

2013-04-20 08:17:55 PM
Screw Cole's.  That stupid divider sucks.  Why not Blue Monk?

2013-04-20 09:24:55 PM

joepac1: Screw Cole's.  That stupid divider sucks.  Why not Blue Monk?

How about Electric Avenue?

/I keed, I keed
//may attend, pending work obligations

2013-04-20 09:47:47 PM

Deep Contact: It would be funnier if we could get the gorillas drunk.

One of my tenants works there. Maybe we can arrange something... Nah, I need him to keep his job.

2013-04-20 10:53:55 PM

I'll fix that once I arrive.

2013-04-20 11:49:25 PM

joepac1: Screw Cole's.  That stupid divider sucks.  Why not Blue Monk?

Good call.

I might even take Thursday off. I like this idea more and more.

2013-04-28 05:42:47 PM
I used to live in Buffalo but I'm not going to be able to make it in July since I'll be there at the end of May. It'd be fun to meet some of you then if anyone is up for it - problem is I'm only there over one full weekend and it involves a wedding, so getting together may involve a weekday. any takers?

2013-05-03 12:38:47 PM
Just added the URL for the Facebook event page. It wouldn't let me link it for some reason so you'll have to C&P.

I know it's a couple months away but I'd like to start getting a head count. It does sell out. I bought my ticket last year at the beginning of June and got number 2300 something. They only sell about 2500 tickets and there a lot of alcoholics in Buffalo. I know some people are "maybes" but that won't work here for long.

So far I got:

Myself, AlleyOop & guest, and feckingmorons (if his ticket went through, which I imagine it did).

2013-05-03 01:29:07 PM
Oh, and for anyone that's going to be in town during the day with nothing to do I'll give the first FIVE people that EMAIL me a free group tour, admission included. I can get a few people in that back gate at no charge, one of the perks of working there. :)

12 noon sharp. I'm fairly certain the zoo proper closes at 2pm that day for setup so it will only be a couple hours. What you do between then and showtime (5 or 6) is up to you. Don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

2013-05-03 01:34:49 PM

2013-05-03 01:37:44 PM

The zoo is not in the ghetto. Unlike the Philly zoo.

2013-05-03 02:22:54 PM
Don't know I can make it or not but funny thing is that Mr Fuzzypaws looks like a friend of a friend who lives in the buffalo area. It'd be a hoot if you actually were that guy. (and weird)

2013-05-03 03:23:35 PM
I heard retards like the zoo.

2013-05-03 03:28:23 PM

under a mountain: I heard retards like the zoo.

And hate beaches?

2013-05-03 04:07:46 PM
after party hertel
after after party elmwood
after after after party @ the pink

2013-05-03 04:18:15 PM
There actually is a buffalo at the Buffalo Zoo.  But it's pretty sad.
media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

2013-05-03 04:24:23 PM

MBooda: There actually is a buffalo at the Buffalo Zoo.  But it's pretty sad.
[media-cdn.tripadvisor.com image 550x412]

That's not a buffalo. And there are no buffalo at the Buffalo zoo.

Matter of fact buffalo aren't even from North America. They're from Africa.

/by they way, that bison is just shedding

2013-05-03 06:32:24 PM
Have fun, everyone!

By the way, "Farks in the wild" is a wonderful hobby

2013-05-03 09:09:36 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: oldfarthenry: Buffalo has a zoo? How do they prevent the animals from panicking with all those burning buildings/fire around them?

The zoo is not in the ghetto. Unlike the Philly zoo.

I take it you have never been there on free admission day.

2013-05-03 10:04:24 PM
i dont drink and my wagon fits 8.  b-lo farkers should not be driving.

2013-05-04 12:30:34 AM

wrenchboy: I take it you have never been there on free admission day.

Of course I have. It was a pleasant experience and I requested to work that day again this year.

/shutters

2013-05-04 09:43:29 AM
You'd have to be really drunk to like a zoo. I mean, all those poor animals tracking back and forth going crazy.
Just like us.

2013-06-04 05:54:07 PM
Parking will mainly be along the pink roads and parking lot. Get there early. People start lining up at the 6 o'clock door at 4pm. There's 2500 people wanting to get through that door and get their drink on.

The general admission goes through Gate 9. VIPs go through the main entrance which is right off the parking lot. (Or will be as of July 1st)

The people that want a tour previous to the event meet me at Gate 1. I only have 2 booked so I can get another three on this tour. Tour can be three hours because that's as long as we're allowed to be there. So from 3pm to whenever your gate opens you're on your own. I'm gonna "tail gate" on other peoples' parties. :P

imageshack.us

2013-06-04 06:40:18 PM

2013-06-04 07:18:06 PM

It does end at 9pm. After zoo drinking is planned. Don't know where yet. I'm pushing for somewhere near Hertel and Colvin. Other's want to go downtown. We still have a month and a half to figure all that out.

2013-06-04 07:28:04 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Satan's Chocolate Starfish: Is there any after-zoo drinking planned?  I doubt that I'm going to be able to make the zoo thing, but that ends at 9, right?

Just a suggestion--the Bisons play at home on July 24th, so there will probably be a nice crowd at Pearl Street Grill.  And the Cobblestone District will probably be fairly busy that night, too.

2013-06-04 07:47:30 PM

2013-06-04 08:31:16 PM

Rottweiler8: I just saw the words "Buffalo Zoo" in green type and assumed the worst. Now that I know its not, I may join up. I always forget Im not the only Buffalo based TFer around.

I wish I was a Buffalo based TF'er. A city with culture, what a change from Florida!

I'll be there with bells on (unless that will bother the animals).

2013-06-04 08:42:06 PM
ahh man, i wanna pet the cobra

2013-06-04 08:42:34 PM

Satan's Chocolate Starfish: Mr. Fuzzypaws: there will probably be a nice crowd at Pearl Street Grill.

you say this as if it is a good thing.

i think we can rule out chippewa...  so that leaves us with hertel, elmwood, and allen.  it might be fun to see a band.

2013-06-04 08:44:46 PM
I think VIP is sold out.

2013-06-04 08:54:12 PM

craigzy: after party hertel
after after party elmwood
after after after party @ the pink

in.

2013-06-04 09:23:14 PM
"It basically goes like this: They hand you a wine glass at the door, you get a beer mug at a vendor and you double fist it for 3 hours"

/reminds me of my drinking problem... thinks you have one too

2013-06-04 09:45:28 PM
Let's see.  I need to run thru my check lists here...

I love zoo's.
I love alcohol.
It's a wednesday but I could take a few days off and extend the weekend for an extended stay of the city.
It's 5 hours away (driveable).
Sure,  I'll be there.

Question.  Does anyone know how they ship their tickets.  USPS or UPS?

2013-06-04 10:14:41 PM
Is it really a good idea to have a Fark party at a zoo?
When it's over, I fear they might not let everybody leave.

2013-06-04 11:10:27 PM

Deep Contact: It would be funnier if we could get the gorillas drunk.

I went to this event years ago, and we got buzzed and wandered into the monkey house/gorilla exhibit after dark. No lights. Creeeeeepy.

Nice to finally see the hyenas awake though!

2013-06-04 11:53:23 PM
Allrighty I just ordered my tickets. This will be my first Fark related party. I missed the get togethers at the Pearl Street Grill in the past, I'm not sure I can get hammered enough in 3 hours. At least not to Fark Party Standards.

2013-06-05 01:37:02 AM

I love zoo's.
I love alcohol.
It's 5 hours away (driveable).
Sure,  I'll be there.

Question.  Does anyone know how they ship their tickets.  USPS or UPS?

Mine came USPS, but they will do will call I think.

2013-06-05 03:04:10 PM

feckingmorons: 5 star chef of tv dinners: Let's see.  I need to run thru my check lists here...

I love zoo's.
I love alcohol.
It's 5 hours away (driveable).
Sure,  I'll be there.

Question.  Does anyone know how they ship their tickets.  USPS or UPS?

Mine came USPS, but they will do will call I think.

Thanks.  Just ordered my tickets.  Can't wait to meet everybody.

2013-06-05 03:37:51 PM
Is it all you can drink or cash bars set up after the first couple?

2013-06-05 03:51:36 PM

threefeetoffun: Is it all you can drink or cash bars set up after the first couple?

It's all you can eat and drink "sample size". Some vendors fill you up, some just give you a quarter/half glass. But you're free to stand in line again. :) Last year there were about 60 vendors and 2/3rds of them were alcohol based (beer and wine). The rest were food and there was one local video game store that had an F1 game set up in LAN mode on Xbox for people to drunk drive against.

Then there's always the duck races. :P Big money wagers on plastic ducks goes on there.

2013-06-05 04:13:47 PM

craigzy: allen.  it might be fun to see a band.

That's an idea. Nietzsche's has live music every night.

Bonus: It's only a mile from my house so I can stumble home if I miss the bus.

2013-06-06 03:32:57 PM

I'll still man Gate 9 to 6:30ish but I'll move over to the Gazebo about then.

Again, I'll be wearing a Total*Fark tshirt and a blue and black back pack.

imageshack.us

2013-06-17 03:06:58 PM
Currently trying to find out who's playing at Nietzsche's that night and what the cover will be. Once that's all set I'll update the post.

Stay tuned.

2013-06-17 03:39:00 PM
I STILL HAVE ROOM FOR 3 ON THE EARLY TOUR! IT'S FREE! EMAIL ME.

2013-06-17 04:45:23 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Because we all don't know each other and some of us are entering at different gates let's all "try" to meet at the gazebo by 6:45pm.

I'll still man Gate 9 to 6:30ish but I'll move over to the Gazebo about then.

Again, I'll be wearing a Total*Fark tshirt and a blue and black back pack.

[imageshack.us image 700x524]

I'll be wearing trousers of some sort and a hat with a flashing light and siren:

edmedley.com

Not really, I won't be wearing trousers.

2013-06-17 05:56:05 PM
Holy crap, a Buffalo Fark Party??! Of course it's during the one week I'm out of town.

/Vacationing in the Outer Banks that week.

2013-06-17 06:13:39 PM
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN 'AFTERPARTY'. THERE IS ONLY ANOTHER PARTY.

/sometimes i hate this planet

2013-06-17 06:14:47 PM

They're used to it.

2013-06-17 06:15:47 PM

Mambo Bananapatch: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN 'AFTERPARTY'. THERE IS ONLY ANOTHER PARTY.

/sometimes i hate this planet

No, there is no afterlife. There's a difference.

2013-06-17 09:01:45 PM

2013-06-17 09:44:06 PM
Got my ticket the other day.  Was going to drive but I just found a bus that runs to buffalo.  $20 total for my trip up there and back while someone else drives and I sleep.  Can't pass that deal up.

2013-06-18 08:31:05 AM

:D

2013-06-18 11:58:29 AM

Hey, I got no problem going to another party. As long as it's not an afterparty BECAUSE THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS AN 'AFTERPARTY' and that word just makes me want to eat my own head.

/who's this AllyOop? he/she sounds cool

2013-06-18 12:48:21 PM

Mambo Bananapatch: Rottweiler8: For anybody wondering, Ill be at  Nietzsche's for this. That is a warning for folks like  Mambo Bananapatch and AllyOop.

/who's this AllyOop? he/she sounds cool

Were you at the Maddison? I was!

Otherwise you have some suspense til Buffalo to meet me.

And yes, I'm cool. Totally cool.

2013-06-18 12:55:24 PM

/working nights & weekends sucks ass

2013-06-18 01:06:25 PM

Mambo Bananapatch: I missed the Madison and will have to miss Buffalo too...I guess the suspense will have to last until the next Toronto party.

/working nights & weekends sucks ass

aww darn. Yeah, suspense 'til next year.

I hear you on the shift work.  Ass AND balls.

2013-06-18 03:19:46 PM
Nietzsche's has no idea who's playing that night right now.

2013-06-18 04:20:56 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Nietzsche's has no idea who's playing that night right now.

Fark band? Shall we bring whatever instruments we have? :D

(notice I didn't say instruments we could actually *play*)

/no rusty trombones

2013-06-24 08:44:32 PM
Odd, I don't remember reposting this.

Must be because it's the month countdown today.

2013-06-25 09:20:05 PM

2013-06-27 03:34:47 PM

It doesn't matter who we are. All you need to know is that we're all Farkers and love to drink, mostly. It'll be fun, join in!

2013-06-28 03:05:24 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: dnicoloff: Been on fark forever and always wanted to attend one of these, but I have no idea who any of you farks are!

Yeah, just show up. It is people from WNY it is bound to be fun.

2013-07-06 07:50:35 PM
I NEED TO DO A HEAD COUNT!!!

Who is coming? I don't want to have to watch the gate all night. I do need to get my drink on.

I'll man the gate until 6:30 and then move to the gazebo until 6:45. Then there will be a roaming pack of Farkers in the zoo. >:)

imageshack.us

Again, I'll be wearing a Total*Fark tshirt and a blue and black back pack.

Weather permitting I'll be next to a Safari Cart with a lion pelt on it. You should not be able to miss me (unless you're already drunk).

2013-07-06 08:03:45 PM
I might be able to do this now. Are tix still available?

2013-07-06 08:04:25 PM

cameroncrazy1984: I might be able to do this now. Are tix still available?

2013-07-06 08:14:46 PM
I also have a couple spots left for an early tour of the zoo. 12 noon to 3pm.

Once Wines starts most of the animals are inside and the drinking is on. It's a good way for non-locals to see what we have, like polar bear cubs!

2013-07-06 08:17:09 PM

Haven't you ever heard of Buffalo Gals?

As Buffalo Girls won't you come out tonight
come out tonight
come out tonight
Buffalo Girls won't you come out tonight
And we'll dance by the light of the moon

2013-07-06 11:08:44 PM

What fire?  I grew up in Buffalo, and I never heard of any especially famous fires.

Perhaps you're thinking of Chicago?

2013-07-06 11:10:41 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: I NEED TO DO A HEAD COUNT!!!

[imageshack.us image 700x524]

Again, I'll be wearing a Total*Fark tshirt and a blue and black back pack.

Me!

I'll be wearing something most likely.

2013-07-07 08:23:39 PM
Cool. I haven't been to a Fark party since the one up in Niagara Falls, ON.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to this one.

2013-07-09 03:00:33 AM
Looks like a friend and I will actually make it to this; just gotta buy the tickets. EIP if you want a description to meet me :)

2013-07-09 03:04:51 AM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: cameroncrazy1984: I might be able to do this now. Are tix still available?

No. Friend only confirmed a couple hours ago, but now the site won't process an order. DAMN IT.

2013-07-09 05:35:58 PM
Sorry about that, folks. I posted this as soon as tickets went on sale online. I tried.

But there's always Nietzsche's. Check the party description for more.

2013-07-09 05:46:05 PM
Wow, good for the zoo!

2013-07-09 05:51:13 PM

feckingmorons: Wow, good for the zoo!

No shiat, that's over $120K raised to feed the animals. The yearly food budget is about half a million though.

2013-07-10 09:41:51 AM

craigzy: i dont drink and my wagon fits 8.  b-lo farkers should not be driving.

newsimg.ngfiles.com

2013-07-10 09:53:43 AM
A zoo with nothing but buffaloes? Sounds kinda boring.

2013-07-10 10:47:38 AM
Wish you guys had something going on next week.

/it's when I will be up there visiting
//been a long time
///*sniff*

2013-07-10 11:22:36 AM
I flew from Florida up to Buffalo for a family wedding, late in July one year.  Packed shorts and short-sleeved shirts.  Which were worthless after sunset.  The locals told me that I had missed Summer, by one week.  It had only lasted a week.

/found out that bison/aka buffalo don't have wings.

//those come from chicken - mmm

2013-07-10 11:32:56 AM

2013-07-10 07:29:03 PM

craigzy: after party hertel
after after party elmwood
after after after party @ the pink

Does the pink even open before about 2am because it sure doesnt close at 4?  Plus the steak sandwiches are perhaps the best in town.

2013-07-10 07:46:15 PM

Had you submitted suggestions they might have been considered. I originally wanted something close to the zoo, Hertel/Colvin area, but no one was down. Then the subject of live music came up. Who else has live music on a Wednesday?

2013-07-10 08:19:44 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: Bullseyed: Did the afterparty have to be at a craphole hipster bar? Had been considering going but... meh...

Haha, my bad. No one probably would have wanted to get transportation out to the burbs for a nicer bar anyway.

2013-07-10 08:25:14 PM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: WhoopAssWayne: Ahhh, Buffalo. Obnoxious yankee douchebags without any kind of cultural redeeming value like Manhattan.

You've never been here, have you?

I used to have a different kind of opinion about it, still disdainful, until my friend moved there and took me out. Holy crap can those people party. I was basing mine on my sister's friend's neighborhood closer to the airport or something, not even sure but it was a sketchy part of town. Buffalo is kind of awesome. I would still come for the after party, but she has to work early so I doubt 10 pm is possible for her. Plus I'd have to drive two hours home after so probably not a great idea.

Some other time, I guess.

2013-07-10 08:32:12 PM

2013-07-10 10:44:28 PM
Nietzsche's lists no acts for 7/24. Duke's Bohemian has a DJ. Nothin' at the Bend. Wednesdays look pretty dead in Allentown.

2013-07-10 10:57:28 PM
www.linuxpyro.tk
www.linuxpyro.tk
www.linuxpyro.tk

2013-07-11 12:26:46 AM

linuxpyro: I've since moved away, and unfortunately won't be able to make it.  But if you get the chance, make sure you see Luna:

I'm giving a few that email me a before Wines tour. They will see Luna and Kali. Not sure if they'll let them out for the actual event, this is a bunch of drunks after all.

2013-07-11 05:12:10 PM
Sold out already? frak!

I might go to Knee-Cheese, though. Sounds fun!

2013-07-15 09:27:09 PM
I still don't know exactly who is coming. From the emails I've got and the posts in this thread there's 7 going to the zoo for Wines. A few more to Nietzsche's.

/answer me dammit

2013-07-17 06:42:45 PM
BONUS: Wednesday is Sea Lion Encounter day. Get your picture taken being kissed by a sea lion. You get a 4x6 and an experience of a lifetime.

1:15PM, you have to get tickets beforehand, at the gate or the info booth. Sea Lion Cove is right next to the entry plaza.

img.fark.net

2013-07-17 07:33:55 PM
I'll be meeting up for the pre-tour at noon.  I have two regular 6pm tix; Mr. Sunrunneth may or may not attend.  If not, I'll either bring a friend or make sure some deserving person outside the gate gets in.  I doubt I will be at the bar at 10pm...got work the next morning.

2013-07-17 08:59:27 PM
I haven't been to the Buffalo Zoo in decades.  I would love to go.  But currently I'm too far away.

2013-07-17 09:19:14 PM

joepac1: Screw Cole's.  That stupid divider sucks.  Why not Blue Monk?

I live in Ohio and I know Blue Monk is the better option.

2013-07-17 09:21:04 PM

THIS:

2013-07-17 09:22:34 PM
I live in Rochester and have never been to Buffalo. I guess I don't have an excuse not to go now.

2013-07-17 10:35:30 PM
Argh!  I wish I looked at Fark before 10:30pm.  No luck tonight... unless someone plans on driving through NT anyway and feels like giving me a ride.

2013-07-17 10:38:42 PM
Why was I thinking this indicated it was tonight... nevermind, ignore that previous post.  This heat is getting to my head.
Hah... yeah, I think I'll be there for Nietzsche's at least, since you're saying there's no way to get in for the zoo part, right?

2013-07-17 10:58:39 PM
Sorry; maybe I should read threads first.  Yeah, the Blue Monk sounds probably better.  The label "craphole hipster bar" sounds pretty fair for Nietzsche's.  I've never heard live music coming from there, just live shiatty feminist poetry readings.  Of course, I've only ended up there once.

/nothing against feminism... it was just shiatty feminist poetry is all

2013-07-22 04:18:24 PM

austin_millbarge: Bullseyed: Did the afterparty have to be at a craphole hipster bar? Had been considering going but... meh...

THIS:

That place it way too expensive. 6 bucks for a 12 oz. draft. Fark that. Besides, it's too late to change it. Some people chose their hotel based on where were going to end up.

Live with the hipters for a night, it won't kill you.

-----

As it stands right now Nietzsche's doesn't have anything scheduled for Wednesday night, therefore I have no idea what the cover will be.

Should they not have anything going on you'll be a part of history. They've had live "something" going on every night for over 30 years.

2013-07-23 09:54:38 AM
One more sleep!

2013-07-23 02:48:49 PM
checked artvoice and tomorrow night is dead music-wise.
maniacs and beatle magic @ the canal 6-10pm, but thats a long haul back into the city.

2013-07-23 04:40:45 PM

2013-07-23 09:09:19 PM
9pm - Groove Force

2013-07-24 12:24:21 AM

AllyOop: One more sleep!

I'm ready to go, can we go now!

2013-07-24 06:11:04 AM

feckingmorons: AllyOop: One more sleep!

I'm ready to go, can we go now!

My last sleep was cut short due to excitement.

I have to go in early anyway. There's shiat to do!

2013-07-24 07:04:38 AM
why keep bumping this if it's sold out?

2013-07-24 07:10:47 AM

Mr. Fuzzypaws: That place it way too expensive. 6 bucks for a 12 oz. draft.

That's because they serve decent beer. It's not like you're paying $6 for a Blue Light.

/Also has great food. If you're in the area and haven't been to Blue Monk, GO.
//Working, so I can't make it.

2013-07-24 07:15:11 AM

abhorrent1: why keep bumping this if it's sold out?

Party threads automatically get bumped.

YodaBlues: If you're in the area and haven't been to Blue Monk, GO.

I live a block away.

2013-07-24 07:26:12 AM
I appreciate the notion, but I have family in Buffalo that make me want to stay at least 500 miles away lest I be obligated to visit.

2013-07-24 07:39:27 AM
Anyone willing to send pictures of the event to a former resident who can't make it?

/was just up there last week. :(

2013-07-24 08:19:51 AM
I've been to Blue Monk on Tuesdays in snowstorms where you can barely get through the door and have to wait an hour to order your stupid duck fat fries, how y'all think you're gonna have a whole website show up there well after the patio closes?

2013-07-24 07:03:06 PM
I'm here with my dad, no idea how to find anyone

2013-07-24 10:47:45 PM
Thanks, Mr. Fuzzypaws for an awesome afternoon and a fun evening!  Mr. Sunrunneth and I enjoyed meeting you, and the tour was great!!  :D

2013-07-24 11:32:16 PM
That was a blast. Definitely doing it again next year, and getting there early. If you had any doubts this year, next year is the time to go, trust me. I'd say this is probably the best bet for getting a decent Fark Party going.

2013-07-25 01:04:50 AM
Same thing next year. Book it.

2013-07-25 11:08:06 AM
What a fantastic evening! I will post pictures hopefully later tonight.

I took a photo of each wine/beer sample (the bottle at the booth) , I counted 16, some booths mighty generous :D.

I have pictures of 11 food samples, from hotdogs (whole weiner, not sample!), to chocolate fondue, samples of different cheeses of course, lobster bisque, diabolo pasta, fried chicken, mac + cheese, and the ultimate bbq pulled pork sammich!

Needless to say we were stuffed.

It was very nice to meet some new Farkers

The band at the bar was very good although I was too tired to stay too long.

Thanks Mr Fuzzypaws!

We'll do this again next year!!

2013-07-25 07:53:51 PM
goodtimes.

2013-07-25 10:11:14 PM
Link to some photos!

Link

2013-07-25 10:40:26 PM
I just drove by Nietzches and there's all sorts of Infringement fun going on - hope everyone had a good time!

2013-07-26 08:19:21 PM
kneecheese:

s22.postimg.org ...buying a round of drinks for the bar

s16.postimg.org craigzy stealing what would have been a good pic...

2013-07-27 11:00:13 PM

AllyOop: What a fantastic evening! I will post pictures hopefully later tonight.

Needless to say we were stuffed.

It was very nice to meet some new Farkers

The band at the bar was very good although I was too tired to stay too long.

Thanks Mr Fuzzypaws!

We'll do this again next year!!

This was great, the Wines in the Wild was great - lots of good food and drinks. The zoo tour beforehand was the best part.

Thanks Mr. Fuzzypaws, I can hardly wait until next year.