Do you have adblock enabled?
Host: Beatlefreak
Description: Twin Cities Fark Party, Saturday April 13th 7pm-NOW WITH LOCATION
Date/Time: April 13, 2013 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Farker GWSuperfan is coming to town so we figured we'd throw a Fark party, as well as celebrating the end of our winter hibernation. We're having it a 7pm at Grumpy's, 2801 E Snelling Drive North, Roseville, MN!

Location: Grumpy's Roseville
2801 Snelling Ave N
Roseville, MN 55113
(651) 379-1180
(view map)

3183 clicks; posted to Main » on 13 Apr 2013 at 7:59 AM (2 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2013-03-26 11:11:23 PM
Oh my poor liver!

2013-03-26 11:12:24 PM
Woohoo! First Fark party as a host, I'll try and make it fun for everyone.

Anyone that has location suggestions, please weigh in. I'm not as familiar with the Twin Cities bar scene.

2013-03-26 11:12:52 PM
Possibly....

2013-03-26 11:15:02 PM

Grumpys in Roseville!

2013-03-26 11:15:37 PM
I may be able to make an appearance but I have two parties to go to that night

2013-03-26 11:20:56 PM
Every time I *say* I'll be to another of these, I inevitably end up two or more states away.

I'll just keep my mouth shut for now.

2013-03-26 11:32:52 PM
There's another Fark party in Chicago on the same day.

2013-03-26 11:37:26 PM

angrymacface: There's another Fark party in Chicago on the same day.

Yeah well, I can't take off work to make it down there due to tax season so pfffft

2013-03-26 11:45:13 PM
as much as I'd like to meet LlamaGirl, I'm going to have to pass.

that's the day after my birthday and I'll be busy not celebrating that.

2013-03-26 11:49:53 PM
That sounds hideous.

2013-03-26 11:51:39 PM
I hate Nebraska so much.

2013-03-27 12:23:39 AM

angrymacface: There's another Fark party in Chicago on the same day.

... So? There are plenty of people who aren't going to be able to go down to Chicago.

2013-03-27 01:03:45 AM
I might be able to do this, or possibly the Chicago one(as that might be the weekend I'm in Chicago anyway).

2013-03-27 01:14:03 AM
I never thought I'd want to go to Chicago again, but I do now!

2013-03-27 01:39:24 AM
Some people have serious issues.

2013-03-27 02:21:29 AM

LlamaGirl: Grumpys in Roseville!

seconded.

The waitress at Suzi's last time added a mysterious fourth person to our check just to insure an automatic gratuity. Not down with that.

2013-03-27 03:01:44 AM

2013-03-27 03:23:12 AM

spidermann: LlamaGirl: Grumpys in Roseville!

seconded.

That was for Drew's liver transplant fund. It's standard procedure at FARK parties now.

2013-03-27 06:40:42 AM
grumpy's in Roseville would be a great place. plenty of parking no hassle with valet parking. great venue plenty of space and beer options as well good food. go there at least once a week with co-workers.

2013-03-27 07:02:04 AM
Hey, enough notice to arrange day care, hoot! Grumpy's is fine for a place.

2013-03-27 07:27:52 AM

McFifenstein: as much as I'd like to meet LlamaGirl, I'm going to have to pass.

that's the day after my birthday and I'll be busy not celebrating that.

You suck so hard.

2013-03-27 07:50:30 AM
Grumpy's is a little far for us Bloomington-ites but definitely a nice place.

2013-03-27 08:09:07 AM
But I'll have been at a Fark party only five days previously!

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm in.

2013-03-27 08:27:45 AM

iamrex: That sounds hideous.

Well, they're all guys... so...

2013-03-27 09:02:13 AM
Oh crap... I don't have anything on my schedule for that day yet.

I may have run out of excuses to not meet Llama.

Maybe something is on the wife's schedule... I'll get back to you.

2013-03-27 09:19:25 AM

Jim from Saint Paul: Oh crap... I don't have anything on my schedule for that day yet.

I may have run out of excuses to not meet Llama.

Maybe something is on the wife's schedule... I'll get back to you.

>:\

2013-03-27 09:21:46 AM

I may have run out of excuses to not meet Llama.

Maybe something is on the wife's schedule... I'll get back to you.

2013-03-27 09:22:23 AM

Aw aren't you just the sweetest!

2013-03-27 09:42:10 AM

2013-03-27 09:58:31 AM
As much as I would love to meet the marvelous Llamagirl, and pull rappy's pigtails, I will not drive to the tundra. this time.

2013-03-27 10:17:38 AM

Wheras the farther you get away from this piss smell of a city (I work in Minneapolis), the better off I am.

IT"S HIM OR ME. CHOOSE.

/ ;)

2013-03-27 10:22:22 AM

Jim from Saint Paul: ChuckECheese: Maybe. The likelihood of me attending increases as the distance from Minneapolis decreases. Suburbs are stupid. But google says that Grumpy's roseville is able to be reached by bike.

IT"S HIM OR ME. CHOOSE.

/ ;)

2013-03-27 10:29:20 AM

Donnchadha: Perhaps I'm a little biased, but I never considered Roseville as a "suburb" quite like Eden Prarie, Eagan, Blaine, Woodbury, etc.. It's probably because Roseville exists in this weird netherplace right between the two downtowns, yet safer and nicer than Midway.

Precisely!

2013-03-27 11:04:41 AM

Have a good time for me, everybody.

2013-03-27 12:21:30 PM
Wikipedia says it is a suburb. And I wasn't saying that Minneapolis is great. I just live in Minneapolis and if I'm drinking I like to be within biking distance.

2013-03-27 12:32:09 PM

gingerjet: After 40 years - escaped Minnesota last fall but back in Minneapolis this weekend ... the goal is to dump the house and bugger out of town.  Anyone want property in SW Minneapolis to develop?  And thus be able to finance future fark gatherings with your massive profits?

EIP

2013-03-27 01:14:20 PM

MaxxLarge: Ah, Grumpy's in Roseville. The only Fark Party I've ever been to to date happened there. And I was so eager to see everyone that I even showed up a week early. Which everyone was REALLY nice not to make me feel completely stupid about.

Have a good time for me, everybody.

lawl

It was really great to meet you on the right day though!

2013-03-27 01:54:24 PM
All right, I'll do some checking into Grumpy's then.

Bear with me since it's my first attempt at hosting one of these.

2013-03-27 02:28:44 PM
I talk to no one regurarely except maybe Llama.

I also don't drink.

So I should be uncomfotably silent abvout 10 minutes into this, slipping away quietly afer about 20 minutes.

2013-03-27 03:47:34 PM
YIPPIE - kid-free weekend!

And Grumpy's in Roseville is fine with me.

2013-03-27 05:44:42 PM

Beatlefreak: All right, I'll do some checking into Grumpy's then.

Bear with me since it's my first attempt at hosting one of these.

There's nothing to check. It's got a big parking lot. It's centrally located. Oh and it's very large!
:D

It's also cheaper than Psycho Suzi's.

Jim from Saint Paul: I talk to no one regurarely except maybe Llama.

I also don't drink.

I'm gonna follow you around creepily sniffing your hair.

2013-03-27 06:37:03 PM

2013-03-27 06:39:44 PM
Darn, I'll be working til late. Cheers!

2013-03-27 06:46:03 PM

LlamaGirl: Oh my poor liver!

Oww my liver!  Someone needs to send it a sympathy card!

Holy crap the weekends are already filling up!  I'm hoping to make it!  That weekend is already crazy-busy.

2013-03-27 06:50:34 PM

LlamaGirl: Beatlefreak: Woohoo! First Fark party as a host, I'll try and make it fun for everyone.

Grumpys in Roseville!

I second this motion.

2013-03-27 06:53:06 PM

Nezorf: I may be able to make an appearance but I have two parties to go to that night

So you're sayin you'd use the Fark Party as your own personal 'Fluffer Party' for your other parties?  (For lack of a better term.  Of course.)

Good plan chap!

;)

2013-03-27 06:58:26 PM

Have a good time for me, everybody.

*sheds a tear and pours out a 40*

2013-03-27 07:01:20 PM

I always wondered what the little room is for off of the dining room.  Is that where they have it?

2013-03-27 07:03:40 PM
Okay.  Sorry.

Here.

I'm done with the talking stick.

*Passes*

2013-03-27 07:22:05 PM

They have all sorts of stuff there. 50 Dollar pyramid, music, bingo. I just happen to show up for the lolcats and fail videos. Yeah dude. I know.

2013-03-27 08:04:17 PM

I've been known to 'star' in a few fail videos myself.  (My mom always said to go with my strengths.  So I did.)

Maybe you should throw together the next Fark Party?  One that's got lolcats and fail.

/I'd be the frickin' Princess of that shiat!
//"Have tiara.  Will travel."  Ask Ben, aka Raging Thespian, if you need proof

2013-03-27 08:05:42 PM
*Sets down 'talking stick' and timidly walks away*

/Sorry

2013-03-27 08:47:46 PM

Miss.UnderstoodRedhead: Orion5k: Miss.UnderstoodRedhead: Orion5k: Lurker, here, but just throwing this out. I go to a show every Tuesday at Grumpys downtown. There's a duo that showcases the internets weirdest on a big screen with trivia and karaoke (for free drink tickets). It gets a small crowd, but there is a lot of catcalling and fun idiocy. Service is good too. Starts around 7:30pm. Just  a plug for something I like and farkers might as well. No specials at that time, though....

/I'd be the frickin' Princess of that shiat!
//"Have tiara.  Will travel."  Ask Ben, aka Raging Thespian, if you need proof

Aye, well, I just show up to things in general O_o. Can't claim to be an organizer. But I do know a good thing when I see it, and Tuesdays in the long room is fun as it is.

2013-03-27 11:33:48 PM

2013-03-28 06:45:54 AM

Youuuuuuuuu suck!

2013-03-28 08:15:01 AM

LlamaGirl: Jim from Saint Paul: Excuse obtained. I work April 13th at the Motocross event at the dome.My streak of legitly not being able to make it to on of these continues!

Youuuuuuuuu suck!

My daughter's dance doesn't pay for itself yo.

2013-03-28 08:26:11 AM

Jim from Saint Paul: My daughter's dance doesn't pay for itself yo.

One of these days I am going to hunt you down and meet you for a beer or a soda or something. NO EXCUSES ALLOWED!

2013-03-28 10:36:53 AM

LlamaGirl: Jim from Saint Paul: My daughter's dance doesn't pay for itself yo.

And what, exactly, would we talk about anyway?

2013-03-28 11:19:13 AM

Jim from Saint Paul: And what, exactly, would we talk about anyway?

What all good Minnesotans talk about! The weather.

2013-03-28 11:24:53 AM

LlamaGirl: Jim from Saint Paul: My daughter's dance doesn't pay for itself yo.

I heard that on the 13th, he's going to be working at the Metrodome.... I'm sure he'll be doing that before the Fark Party (doors open at 12:30)...

How hard could it be to find somebody you've never met before in the Metrodome?

2013-03-28 11:45:00 AM

Donnchadha: LlamaGirl: Jim from Saint Paul: My daughter's dance doesn't pay for itself yo.

How hard could it be to find somebody you've never met before in the Metrodome?

4:30 report time.

They open the pit(Dome floor covered in dirt) to people at 12:30. The actual motorcross event doesn;t happen till 6:30-7PMish. They don;t open up all the concession stands till after 5PM. I work for a non-profit group that gets a part of the money we make at the concession stand (not for the people who actually run the Dome themselves) and we were told that our stand won;t open till 5 PM ish.

2013-03-28 10:02:56 PM
My sister in law is in town that weekend, so I can't drive up :(

2013-03-29 11:59:56 PM
\o/

2013-03-30 12:21:45 AM
We're going to have to get there early and stake it out, because they won't accept reservations. But the location is now confirmed as Grumpy's!

If you have any questions, shoot me an ultrafark e-mail or leave a message here.

2013-03-30 08:02:42 PM
This could be fun...

2013-03-30 08:46:31 PM

2013-03-30 08:47:46 PM

2013-03-30 09:50:53 PM
I''m out. My brother and his family will be in the area for the nieces' sharpshooting tournament. This is the closest they'll ever get to Minneapolis, and i'm damn sure taking advantage.

Se y'all at the next one!

2013-03-30 11:07:15 PM

whynotboth.jpg

2013-03-31 01:00:53 AM

What again?

I was hopping to do that bunny thang again.

2013-03-31 01:23:00 AM

Jimmysolson: diaphoresis: I'm not coming unless I can get naked... and drunk... and I can get a hotel room with a Farker who doesn't mind having sex... with me and my SO... while a midget with a video camera records the whole thing... while wearing a clown suit... while letting a hooker suck his toes.

What again?

I was hopping to do that bunny thang again.

Here's a little something to refresh your memory.

Happy Easter!

2013-03-31 02:25:59 AM

Markus5: Mogani: son of a... might not be able to make this one. got a sons of pitches beer bust that runs 7-9 at one of the local pubs. decisions decisions decisions...

whynotboth.jpg

well considering they both start at 7 and one is in north branch and the other is in roseville...

2013-03-31 02:59:48 AM

I'm game, the midget in clown suit sealed the deal.

/actually won't make this one
//jobless bum again

2013-03-31 08:26:22 PM

spidermann: LlamaGirl: Grumpys in Roseville!

seconded.

Hey, I'm not mysterious, just devious!

/just kidding

2013-04-01 05:10:08 AM

The hotel's a block away actually...

/Roseville born and raised...

2013-04-06 08:26:15 PM

Aw aren't you just the sweetest!

Woohoo, lesbian action!

2013-04-06 10:47:40 PM
I could potentially show up after 11pm :/  I work 3-11 on Saturdays.  If anyone wants to keep me in the loop, shoot me an e-mail at jeiwojcik at gmail dot com.

2013-04-07 12:20:04 AM

2013-04-07 01:33:46 AM

2013-04-07 01:44:22 AM

Come on out! We were all lurkers once. :)

2013-04-07 01:48:55 AM

Beatlefreak: Siochain: I've been lurking for years, but I have to add that I was just there today for a pint of Smithwick's and it's a great choice!  Don't know that I have the guts to come to the party, but seems like a good location, even if it is Roseville...

Come on out! We were all lurkers once. :)

Truth.

2013-04-07 02:10:33 AM

What Beatlefreak & DWSuperfan said.  My first fark party I went to I didn't know anyone, but had a great time just meeting bunches of people. GO!  And I can vouch for these 2 they're good peeps :)

2013-04-07 02:15:15 AM

Dijon Ketchup: Siochain: I've been lurking for years, but I have to add that I was just there today for a pint of Smithwick's and it's a great choice!  Don't know that I have the guts to come to the party, but seems like a good location, even if it is Roseville...

Thanks! (Even if you did mis-type my name :D )

2013-04-07 02:19:24 AM
Hmm...I might be able to make this.

2013-04-07 02:21:22 AM

Crono3453: Hmm...I might be able to make this.

DO IT DO IT DO IT.

2013-04-07 02:24:10 AM

Beatlefreak: DO IT DO IT DO IT.

I'll try! It depends on if I'm working or not!

2013-04-07 02:34:12 AM

Crono3453: I'll try! It depends on if I'm working or not!

Dammit- I'm flying from CA. If you're local, you better be there.

2013-04-07 03:03:37 AM

pissedoffmick: i didn't read a single bit of this but................... rappy and wizden are gonna fark, yeah?

On camera. You want a copy?

2013-04-07 03:05:31 AM

2013-04-07 03:08:59 AM

rappy: I guess I sounded a bit pompous when I called myself a very, very, very low-level celebrity of sorts, but usually people like having me at parties because of my appearance on AGT. I can see where that would irk somebody a bit, though, if they're already in a foul mood. What got me was the endless flaming I got from others. That makes me fear what Farkers might be like if I met them in the real world. If more of them were reasonable, that might tilt me in the direction of going...

Pshhh I have Alopecia Totalis, I'll go if you do ;)

2013-04-07 03:10:29 AM

I only f*ck my wife bro.

2013-04-07 07:20:58 AM

Gahahaaaa

2013-04-07 08:32:24 AM

Come on out! We were all lurkers once. :)

Hell, some of us still are.

2013-04-07 09:25:40 AM

unfarkingbelievable: LlamaGirl: Donnchadha: You'll love Llama. She is better than Cats. You'll want to see her again and again.

Aw aren't you just the sweetest!

Woohoo, lesbian action!

[quizzicaldog.jpg]

2013-04-07 10:59:52 PM

It may be best if you just stay away.

Kidding! Really you should come!

2013-04-07 11:12:34 PM
Lol. I love that people are buying that.

2013-04-07 11:37:04 PM

rappy: Lol. I love that people are buying that.

It's getting a bit old, though - copy/pasta is best used sparingly, and you've been abusing it, IMO. Admittedly with great results.

So - do I get to meet you before you head off to DC or what?

2013-04-12 09:45:30 AM

/ y'all good people
// I guess cold weather chases away the bad guys

2013-04-12 10:19:09 AM
A party is happening tomorrow! I am filled with feelings of great joy!

2013-04-12 11:38:20 AM
I'm on my way! :)

/posted from SAN
//next stop DIA
///then MSP
////Slashies!

2013-04-12 12:56:06 PM

The Ice Cream Man: As much as I'd like to come back for another party, looks like the weather will be a hindrance yet again.  Chicago here I come!

/ y'all good people
// I guess cold weather chases away the bad guys

I really enjoyed meeting you :D

2013-04-12 03:34:29 PM
And - wonder of wonders - it may not even snow tomorrow!!

2013-04-12 08:35:48 PM

2013-04-12 09:30:11 PM

Rex_Everything: Will I survive?

Only one way to find out - we don't bite.

Much.

2013-04-12 11:28:08 PM

Rex_Everything: Long time lurker here. I live 5 miles or so from there. This will be my last Saturday in MN before moving to CT. I should totally swing by. I've never met a farker in real life. Will I survive?

/yes, you likely will

2013-04-13 03:33:04 AM

2013-04-13 08:42:23 AM

i3.kym-cdn.com

2013-04-13 11:05:02 AM
Wish I coul make this one!!! The good news is I'm in town for 8 hours for a quick thing on Tuesday... Not near enough time to see the farkers of MSP that I know and love!!!!

2013-04-13 01:51:44 PM

i47.tinypic.com

2013-04-13 03:51:46 PM

2013-04-13 04:33:17 PM

iq_in_binary: 4 hours out, I'm mounting a Vizio 47" on the wall and just got done stocking the fridge with craft brews for a potential afterparty, I'll see you creeps soon!

We'll see you there!

2013-04-13 07:39:13 PM

2013-04-13 07:43:20 PM

Awesome! Running a bit late but Spider and I will be there! save some booze for me!

2013-04-13 07:49:18 PM

LlamaGirl: Beatlefreak: Alright, when you come in go to the left and you'll see me in a gray Portal 2 Test Canidate hoodie.

Will most definetely do!

2013-04-13 07:51:53 PM
sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net
Here we go!!!

2013-04-13 07:59:33 PM
On my way now!

2013-04-13 08:03:47 PM

Raging Thespian: On my way now!

Oh I am gonna hug the crap outta you!

2013-04-13 08:13:13 PM

/First time I've had it
//Holy shiat, does this burn/itch

2013-04-13 08:16:01 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: I'm guessing that showing up with a fresh case of pinkeye (g'dammit!) wouldn't be warmly received...

/First time I've had it
//Holy shiat, does this burn/itch

Alcohol kills germs (or so I'm told). Show up, just don't touch me.

2013-04-13 08:17:53 PM

/First time I've had it
//Holy shiat, does this burn/itch

I'm a carrier of it so I can't catch it. I say show up!

2013-04-13 08:31:33 PM
Where is everybody? I'm here but it's crowded

2013-04-13 08:45:45 PM

GWSuperfan: Alcohol kills germs (or so I'm told). Show up, just don't touch me.

LlamaGirl: I'm a carrier of it so I can't catch it. I say show up!

Thx, but I think imma just chill at home tonight. With how badly they're tearing up driving would be...interesting.

2013-04-13 09:12:32 PM
On my way.

2013-04-13 10:17:53 PM
leftyblonde (^) says you're a big bunch of meanies since she can't Tinychat the party from her phone.

[glittery_ani.gif]

2013-04-14 12:54:07 AM
Fun times AND I christened a Tfette.

Now if she registers......... she better do it with the name I gave her else there might be spankings or some such thing.

2013-04-14 01:06:44 AM
Nice meeting you all :-)

2013-04-14 01:59:17 AM
Thanks for the fun time folks!

2013-04-14 09:11:45 AM
I hope someone had the meatloaf sandwich for me...

2013-04-14 09:15:36 AM
On my way!

2013-04-16 09:23:10 PM
How'd that work out for you?

2013-04-19 09:38:29 PM
Welp, Last Post.

2013-04-19 10:13:34 PM
>:|

2013-04-20 01:54:24 AM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Welp, Last Post.

NOT YET!