Host: GWSuperfan
Description: I know it's right before NOLA, but Drew will be at Stone Brewing in Escondido on 4/2. So, FARK PARTY
Date/Time: April 2, 2013 - 05:30 PM (local time)
Party Info: What do Drew Curtis of FARK.com,Wil Wheaton, and Stone Brewing CEO Greg Koch all have in common? They're brewing a very special collaboration beer together at Stone! The beer itself is still a secret, but you can meet the co-conspirators at a casual Brewday Eve meetup. Join the guys for special beers at our outside bar and perhaps they'll spill the beans after a pint or two!

Location: Stone Brewery
1999 Citracado Parkway
Escondido, CA 92029
(760) 294-7866
(view map)

3350 clicks; posted to Main » on 02 Apr 2013 at 5:59 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2013-03-21 12:54:27 PM

2013-03-21 12:56:03 PM
Let do this. 2nd San Diego Fark Party... Lets get it on. Represent So Cal!!

2013-03-21 01:01:44 PM
A big fat maybe for me...hmm

2013-03-21 01:03:17 PM
I should mention that Wil will also be there.

/WOOOOOOO!!!!!!

2013-03-21 01:05:40 PM

GWSuperfan: I should mention that Wil will also be there.

/WOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Reason enough not to go. Thanks for warning me.

2013-03-21 01:09:13 PM
A Tuesday :'(

2013-03-21 01:09:57 PM

Tziva: A Tuesday :'(

i know WTF.

2013-03-21 01:10:20 PM
I'm not allowed there anymore after that "swimming in a pool of Arrogant Bastard" incident.

2013-03-21 01:10:59 PM
Nuh-uh... nobody goes to Escondido on purpose

2013-03-21 01:14:41 PM

mephisto6: Nuh-uh... nobody goes to Escondido on purpose

but yet, we are PURPOSELY GOING TO SEE DREW... AND.. AND.. BEER

2013-03-21 01:16:15 PM
ChrisGunner get in here... I know you're down.

2013-03-21 01:18:29 PM
I am SOOOO tempted to go.

2013-03-21 01:20:28 PM
FINE! I'll be there!

2013-03-21 01:21:12 PM

Dijon Ketchup: I am SOOOO tempted to go.

Come on down!!!!!

2013-03-21 01:22:24 PM

Dijon Ketchup: I am SOOOO tempted to go.

Your warm and inviting So-Cal hosts, GWSuperfan and I will be there, we have a kickass time, Always

2013-03-21 01:23:16 PM
Wait there's a NOLA Fark party? What are the details?

I need to get out more

2013-03-21 01:24:18 PM

GWSuperfan: Dijon Ketchup: I am SOOOO tempted to go.

Come on down!!!!!

VivianVivisect: Dijon Ketchup: I am SOOOO tempted to go.

I know! It's just a long drive in the middle of the week.  But you guys, and Drew, and Wil....  I'm a definite maybe

2013-03-21 01:25:42 PM

VivianVivisect: Tziva: A Tuesday :'(

i know WTF.

DONT YOU PEOPLE HAVE JOBS.

I'll sadly have to pass.  The drive is not that bad, the weeknight is not that bad, but the two together is a bad deal for me.

Have lots of fun for me.

2013-03-21 01:26:34 PM

gilgigamesh: Wait there's a NOLA Fark party? What are the details?

I need to get out more

ARE YOU farkING KIDDING ME? WORLD FARK PARTY??! HAPPENS EVERY YEAR?

....
...

i'll be there :)

2013-03-21 01:27:40 PM

VivianVivisect: mephisto6: Nuh-uh... nobody goes to Escondido on purpose

but yet, we are PURPOSELY GOING TO SEE DREW... AND.. AND.. BEER

Fair enough. I've just never been there outside of driving to Vegas or Wichita and getting lost...
Where the hell we at?
farkin Escondido.
Again? Goddammit.

2013-03-21 01:27:47 PM

Tziva: VivianVivisect: Tziva: A Tuesday :'(

i know WTF.

DONT YOU PEOPLE HAVE JOBS.

Have lots of fun for me.

i'm a VAMPIRE i work nights... GW, well he's GW....

2013-03-21 01:31:30 PM

mephisto6: VivianVivisect: mephisto6: Nuh-uh... nobody goes to Escondido on purpose

but yet, we are PURPOSELY GOING TO SEE DREW... AND.. AND.. BEER

Where the hell we at?
farkin Escondido.
Again? Goddammit.

FAR. in the middle of the desert, so i can bury the bodies after im done..

2013-03-21 01:32:34 PM

VivianVivisect: GW, well he's GW....

Heh. 'nuff said.

2013-03-21 01:33:19 PM
Wait... on a Tuesday? Awwwwww.... =(

2013-03-21 01:34:32 PM
I'll be there for sure

2013-03-21 01:36:51 PM

I need to get out more

ARE YOU farkING KIDDING ME? WORLD FARK PARTY??! HAPPENS EVERY YEAR?

....
...

i'll be there :)

Like I said, I need to get out more.

I found the thread, but it doesn't have any details except the date.

2013-03-21 01:40:16 PM

VivianVivisect: FAR. in the middle of the desert, so i can bury the bodies after im done..

Ah hah... it's the Titty Twister, right? Will Salma be there?

2013-03-21 01:41:35 PM
paging  toiletaid

2013-03-21 01:44:11 PM

VivianVivisect: Tziva: VivianVivisect: Tziva: A Tuesday :'(

i know WTF.

DONT YOU PEOPLE HAVE JOBS.

Have lots of fun for me.

i'm a VAMPIRE i work nights... GW, well he's GW....

Sweet Jumpin' Jesus, how YOU doin'?

\hereafter faved as Vampirella.

2013-03-21 01:47:55 PM
I call that place "Craft beer Disneyland".

2013-03-21 01:53:25 PM

Corvus: I call that place "Craft beer Disneyland".

Now I am really sad I can't make it.

ima live vicariously through you folks.

2013-03-21 01:54:23 PM
Oh sure. But when I go, no one else is interested.

Sure. Whatever.

I'll just go and start my own website.

And none of you are invited!

I'll probably just stick around here, though.

2013-03-21 01:55:14 PM

gilgigamesh: Wait there's a NOLA Fark party? What are the details?

I need to get out more

World Fark Party III/NOLA

The previous World Fark Parties were held in Las Vegas, but this year it will be in NOLA, April 5-7.

2013-03-21 02:05:01 PM

mephisto6: Nuh-uh... nobody goes to Escondido on purpose

It's not just a trip to Escondido; it's a trip to an industrial park in Escondido!

2013-03-21 02:05:03 PM

Tziva: Corvus: I call that place "Craft beer Disneyland".

Now I am really sad I can't make it.

ima live vicariously through you folks.

I'll drive you there?

2013-03-21 02:11:45 PM

2013-03-21 02:11:53 PM

Tziva: A Tuesday :'(

Stone is just down the street from me (sortof) but...a Tuesday?  Place is always so damn packed, and hard to find parking even on my Harley ferchristsakes.  And, it's a Tuesday.  But, maybe I'll go.  I'll be in LA that week though, questionable whether I'll be commuting back on the weekdays or just staying up all week...

2013-03-21 02:12:29 PM

Corvus: I call that place "Craft beer Disneyland".

Yeah! It's like that or craft beer monaco. They had to start out with some serious money.

2013-03-21 02:13:38 PM

This guy and his extra points.

2013-03-21 02:17:12 PM

2013-03-21 02:17:47 PM

VivianVivisect: Tziva: Corvus: I call that place "Craft beer Disneyland".

Now I am really sad I can't make it.

ima live vicariously through you folks.

I'll drive you there?

You're a sweetie.

I'm about an hour and a half away, is the main deal.  I could totally drive myself, but by the time I got off work and drove down, and then I couldn't stay very long because work the next day, also I am a grouchy old lady.

I will mail you a dinosaur doodle.  You can prop it up in a chair for me, and pour booze on it.

2013-03-21 02:19:34 PM

Tziva: VivianVivisect: Tziva: Corvus: I call that place "Craft beer Disneyland".

Now I am really sad I can't make it.

ima live vicariously through you folks.

I'll drive you there?

You're a sweetie.

I will totally take a picture of it next to Drew!

2013-03-21 02:22:54 PM

IamAwake: speaking of which, "right before NOLA" - I'm not seeing anything about NOLA.   When where is that?  Is this something that is being organized completely off of fark?

[notsureifserious.jpg]

Step 1) go to THE FARK PARTY LIST
Step 2) look for "New Orleans" or "World Fark Party"
Step 3) click link
Step 4) wipe hands on pants

2013-03-21 02:23:21 PM

VivianVivisect: I will totally take a picture of it next to Drew!

Oh, good, my last one is a couple years outdated now:

www.omgomgomgdinosaur.com

(EIP me your address and I totally will if you promise to get a shot with him!)

2013-03-21 02:24:50 PM

VivianVivisect: ChrisGunner: If anyone needs a ride in the san diego area, let me know. I have that fancy GPS thing now.

This guy and his extra points.

Yay points!

2013-03-21 02:28:01 PM

I need to get out more

World Fark Party III/NOLA

2013-03-21 02:33:50 PM

You're right.... and this thread doesn't either.

Mike!!!! Someone broke the Fark Party threads.

2013-03-21 02:35:27 PM

No, it was organized on Fark and has been posted on the Main page quite often. World Fark Party III/NOLA

It's also listed on the Fark Party tab.

2013-03-21 02:54:44 PM

GWSuperfan: gilgigamesh: Yeah, I saw the thread. The link just goes back to the thread, it doesn't have any details.

You're right.... and this thread doesn't either.

Mike!!!! Someone broke the Fark Party threads.

I submitted a farkback, so DON'T PANIC!

2013-03-21 02:58:05 PM
I wonder if I could talk my son into being my designated driver for this...

2013-03-21 03:04:28 PM
I will join in spirit - next door neighbor is the midwest rep for Stone.

Arrogant Bastard Ale suits me well!!

2013-03-21 03:05:42 PM
count me the fark in

2013-03-21 03:06:26 PM

Bathia_Mapes: I submitted a farkback, so DON'T PANIC!

You and me both :)

G. Gordon Libbie: Arrogant Bastard Ale suits me well!!

I'm more partial to the Smoked Porter, but to each their own.

2013-03-21 03:10:49 PM

GWSuperfan: Bathia_Mapes: I submitted a farkback, so DON'T PANIC!

You and me both :)

G. Gordon Libbie: Arrogant Bastard Ale suits me well!!

I'm more partial to the Smoked Porter, but to each their own.

Just heard back. They're working on fixing the glitch.

2013-03-21 03:17:19 PM

Raccoon Dog: That place is super fancy. I can't imagine making enough money off craft beer to have a place that nice.

Then you haven't seen how well they have penetrated the market. They have a great product, a wide variety of styles, and are pretty widely sold. On top of that, they are priced rather well. Also, they've been putting out their beer nationally for around 15 years now. I was buying it in AZ about '96 or '97.

2013-03-21 03:27:38 PM
Perhaps you all cold ask them to start making beer worth their price-point. I'm not saying they make bad beer, just mediocre.

2013-03-21 03:31:03 PM
Facebook event link

2013-03-21 03:33:16 PM

2013-03-21 03:39:23 PM

IAmAwake should be there cause I lost his #

2013-03-21 03:44:06 PM

Bathia_Mapes: GWSuperfan: Bathia_Mapes: I submitted a farkback, so DON'T PANIC!

Just heard back. They're working on fixing the glitch.

www.melaniebocock.com

2013-03-21 03:49:52 PM
Escondido?  Where in Louisiana is that, near Waggaman?

2013-03-21 03:52:35 PM

gilgigamesh: Bathia_Mapes: gilgigamesh: Wait there's a NOLA Fark party? What are the details?

I need to get out more

World Fark Party III/NOLA

I submitted a farkback and they fixed it. All the upcoming fark parties theads, including World Fark Party III have had their details restored.

2013-03-21 03:52:58 PM
AWWW MAN!!  I has a sad...  I want to go!!!!  AUHGHH!!  I would dress up as LeeLoo and everything!!

BIG BADA BOOM!

/fark money

2013-03-21 04:02:18 PM
Also, the food at Stone sucks.

2013-03-21 04:39:40 PM

is he old enough to drive?

2013-03-21 04:45:34 PM
Tell you guys what, once you're done getting drunk in Escon, slip out to Riverside and you can get baked.

2013-03-21 05:11:05 PM
You guys make me sick with all your bonding and tribal instinct.

2013-03-21 06:27:43 PM

VivianVivisect: Old_Chief_Scott: I wonder if I could talk my son into being my designated driver for this...

is he old enough to drive?

Oh hell yeah.

2013-03-21 06:52:55 PM

GWSuperfan: Mike!!!! Someone broke the Fark Party threads.

Wasn't me, I've been at Rupp Arena watching NCAA basketball tournament games all day.

2013-03-21 07:01:06 PM

ESCONDIDO IS NOT SAN DIEGO. That's like having a Beverly Hills FARK party at Dineyland, some 35+ miles away. Hell, Rosario Beach Mexico is closer to San Diego than Escondildo.

2013-03-21 07:02:53 PM

ToiletAid: ARE YOU FARKING KIDDING ME? who wants to drive all the way to north county just to hang around a bunch of freaks? that place is a wasteland and everyone who lives north of the 52 can suck it. Host a party in Real San Diego, where people can actually get reasonable transportation.

IAmAwake should be there cause I lost his #

Well put my friend, well put.

2013-03-21 07:16:25 PM

Tziva: VivianVivisect: I will totally take a picture of it next to Drew!
Oh, good, my last one is a couple years outdated now:[www.omgomgomgdinosaur.com image 300x422]
(EIP me your address and I totally will if you promise to get a shot with him!)

T, Check you Facebook Messenger :)

2013-03-21 07:19:48 PM

BigChad: VivianVivisect: Let do this. 2nd San Diego Fark Party... Lets get it on. Represent So Cal!!

k.

2013-03-21 07:32:26 PM

VivianVivisect: Tziva: VivianVivisect: I will totally take a picture of it next to Drew!
(EIP me your address and I totally will if you promise to get a shot with him!)

T, Check you Facebook Messenger :)

Yes ma'am!  Thanks! <3

2013-03-21 07:33:17 PM
Will show up for my first Fark party.

/I know nobody knows me
//but I love beer
///especially craft beer

2013-03-21 07:43:39 PM

gutter_ca/fl: Will show up for my first Fark party.

Nice. That makes 3 Chrises. Any others want in?

2013-03-21 08:10:07 PM
I was in Escondido only a week ago.  Now I'm back in frozen Midwest hell.

2013-03-21 08:29:10 PM
Escondido seems like an odd place for a FARK party.

2013-03-21 08:40:16 PM

I lived there for four years..Then moved to San Marcos..Finally back on the coast.Leucadia
is a beautiful thing in spring.
/I hate Escondildo.
//If I am not working,Or near there I would love to meet you funny f*cks.

2013-03-21 10:35:18 PM
So, what is the policy for creepy lurkers at these things? I've visited Fark on a regular basis for years, but I've probably only posted a dozen times. But, I do live a half hour away and might be able to convince the wife to let me come.

2013-03-22 12:50:16 AM
Being on a weeknight kind of kills it for me too.

2013-03-22 01:50:26 AM

JonBuck: Escondido seems like an odd place for a FARK party.

I didn't ask why Drew would be there. I just decided it would be a party.

Absurdity: So, what is the policy for creepy lurkers at these things?

Show up, be social, and it's all good.

I was a creepy lurker once too.

2013-03-22 03:08:40 AM

ESCONDIDO Fark party.  I've yet to see a true San Diego Fark Party. And Drew you should really try anything Alpine Ale, the best beer you'll ever have. I wish I could make it, but Tuesday nights are hard

And translation for you people who don't live here, people only call it So Cal when they live in a crappy town outside a major city. The whole of Orange County is very So Cal.

2013-03-22 10:29:37 AM
Perfect timing! See you Farkers there!

2013-03-22 01:56:30 PM

GWSuperfan: gutter_ca/fl: Will show up for my first Fark party.

Nice. That makes 3 Chrises. Any others want in?

Excellent.

Works nice, I usually take the 15 home from SD to Oceanside. In fact, stopping by Stone this evening for a growler fill and an "Enjoy By 420" tshirt.

On another note, with so many farkers in the area, maybe we could do a more frequent meetup at some of the maaaaaany local breweries?

/will probably be brewing at Indian Joe in Vista Sunday
//say hi to your friendly neighborhood one-legged homebrewer

2013-03-22 04:56:32 PM
Definitely my favorite brewery I've seen, though followed closely by Ommegang. The food and outdoor beer garden area are fantastic.

2013-03-23 02:45:05 PM

CatGrampy: Perfect timing! See you Farkers there!

The fez is optional. I know what you look like now :)

2013-03-24 11:16:44 PM

Tziva: DONT YOU PEOPLE HAVE JOBS.

Yes.  Jobs that end at 5:00pm and are within a few miles of  Escondido.

/will be there

2013-03-25 02:13:13 AM

GWSuperfan: Dammit- let's try that again:

That link doesn't seem to work, but if I search for "stone fark party" an event comes up.

2013-03-25 02:14:29 AM

Asterix: Also, the food at Stone sucks.

I wouldn't say it's bad, just way overpriced.

2013-03-25 02:16:09 AM

evil saltine: GWSuperfan: Dammit- let's try that again:

Give it a try now- I tweaked the privacy settings.

2013-03-25 02:21:05 AM

GWSuperfan: evil saltine: GWSuperfan: Dammit- let's try that again:

Give it a try now- I tweaked the privacy settings.

Yeah it works now, thanks!

/Live in Esco, work in SD till 8 =/

2013-03-25 01:50:24 PM

Also, I didn't think of it in advance or I woulda stuck a card in the envelope but someone should bring a get well card for Mike and have everyone sign it.  Or at least drink some bonus beers in his honour, if the card idea is too lame.  Something.

2013-03-25 01:56:57 PM

Tziva: I mailed the lovely Miss VivianVivisect a Tziva stand-in this morning.  I expect you all to pose for photos with it in lieu of me.

Excellent. Done and Done.

2013-03-25 02:53:49 PM

Ill get a card.

2013-03-25 09:40:54 PM

Tziva: VivianVivisect: I will totally take a picture of it next to Drew!
(EIP me your address and I totally will if you promise to get a shot with him!)

Hey, if you need someone who might be there to Photoshop the dinosaur arm around Drew, I can do that... or other weird things one might expect from a Photoshop thread here.

2013-03-26 12:20:16 AM
I shall stoppa by after de work (it's on my way)

2013-03-26 05:25:53 AM
btw, Escondido IS Mexico, it just has a large minority of white trash in it.

2013-03-26 05:30:53 AM

W.C.fields forever: Kibbler: I was in Escondido only a week ago.  Now I'm back in frozen Midwest hell.

is a beautiful thing in spring.
/I hate Escondildo.
//If I am not working,Or near there I would love to meet you funny f*cks.

San Marcos was always too mixed to me. One minute you're in a nice neighborhood, the next in a run down one. That new San Elijo area is very nice though.

If I moved to Encinitas I'd probably go for Cardiff. Looks like an awesome little beach town.

2013-03-26 04:47:35 PM
The fez is optional. I know what you look like now :)

Hahahahaha, look for the derby this time!

2013-03-26 06:13:03 PM
"Escondido" means "hidden". Why do they call it "hidden"? Can people not find it? How can you live there if you can't find it? Who are these people?

2013-03-26 06:41:00 PM
Ruination FTW!

Was just there a couple weeks ago. Love that place.

2013-03-26 06:44:17 PM
You guys still suck!! There's no way in Hell I could ever make this, even if I had vacation time, but I'm totally jealous.

2013-03-26 07:01:48 PM

2013-03-26 07:04:33 PM
Great place, GREAT beer.

/have made the trek to Stone twice from TX and well worth it.

2013-03-26 07:05:03 PM
I can't make it but would definitely recommend the Stone IPA.  I got "stoned" on it at a conference in San Diego last year and it was a wonderful brew.

2013-03-26 07:17:01 PM
This got bumped?

2013-03-26 07:19:19 PM

The reason it's in Escondido is that that's where Stone is. The reason it's at Stone is that Stone asked Drew and Wil to collaborate on a beer. The reason it's at 5:30 on a Tuesday is that that's when Stone scheduled the event. We're just piggybacking on their little soiree.

To all the people complaining that Escondido isn't San Diego- it's in San Diego county, which is close enough for our purposes. I'd rather not hear any biatching about how far it is, since I have gotten on planes and driven 2+ hours more than once to attend Fark Parties. If you can't make it, I'm sorry, but that's no reason to go off on folks who had nothing to do with picking the time and location (namely: myself and the rest of the Fark community)

2013-03-26 07:24:35 PM

GWSuperfan: I'm not going to quote and respond individually to all the folks that are complaining about the time and location of this shindig.

You'll get over it.

I mean, hey, if it weren't for biatching and whining would Fark continue to exist?

2013-03-26 07:36:02 PM

I'm used to driving 2+ hours to see you,

/done it soooo many times.

2013-03-26 07:38:27 PM

I don't suppose you want to swing by MN while you're at it... :D

2013-03-26 07:43:32 PM

I don't suppose you want to swing by MN while you're at it... :D

I would cuddle the crap out of you, and He and I would fight over you.

2013-03-26 07:51:00 PM

VivianVivisect: Beatlefreak: ChrisGunner: If anyone needs a ride in the san diego area, let me know. I have that fancy GPS thing now.

I don't suppose you want to swing by MN while you're at it... :D

I would cuddle the crap out of you, and He and I would fight over you.

I think you *may* just have a little competition from a certain someone. :)

2013-03-26 07:53:28 PM
Also, all of you that are biatching about the time/location: STFU already. If you don't like it, don't go-but don't be a whiny biatch about it.

As for distance, I recently flew 1600+ miles for a Fark party, so I'm getting a kick, ect.

2013-03-26 07:54:23 PM

Beatlefreak: I think you *may* just have a little competition from a certain someone. :)

Now who could that be? ;)

2013-03-26 07:57:02 PM
Also: No one is stopping you from organizing an actual San Diego party. Do it yourself if you don't like the farking location already.

2013-03-26 08:14:27 PM

Wellon Dowd: mephisto6: Nuh-uh... nobody goes to Escondido on purpose

That serves terrible food!

2013-03-26 08:28:14 PM

gilgigamesh: VivianVivisect: gilgigamesh: Wait there's a NOLA Fark party? What are the details?

I need to get out more

ARE YOU farkING KIDDING ME? WORLD FARK PARTY??! HAPPENS EVERY YEAR?

....
...

i'll be there :)

Like I said, I need to get out more.

I found the thread, but it doesn't have any details except the date.

Fellow New Orleanian here. EIP; keep me updated please!

/is known to drop trou or otherwise embarrass everyone
//at my age (38), I need one last chance to make a complete ass of myself
///following that, I will retire. I promise

2013-03-26 08:52:17 PM

GWSuperfan: If you can't make it, I'm sorry, but that's no reason to go off on folks who had nothing to do with picking the time and location (namely: myself and the rest of the Fark community)

This.I cant make it as tuesday is a big prep day to get deliveries that include, oddly enough Stone and Karl Strauss products. And Escondido is a nice place and its only 3 hours from me. Sigh

2013-03-26 09:30:14 PM
*rubs eyes and wakes up from 9 years of on and off lurking.* Okay...I'm in.

2013-03-26 09:37:59 PM

2013-03-26 09:38:57 PM

Wow, apparently I'm not the only one to come out from under my rock for this...

2013-03-26 09:47:28 PM

:) lurkers are Definitely welcomed!?

2013-03-26 09:50:54 PM

makleto: So I'm pretty much a lurker, but I've been lurking since fark was in its infancy (Something like the year 2000?  Maybe it was as late as 2001, but I think it was 2000)  Anyway, this will be the first fark party I've ever been too!  I'm probably more excited about this than I should be...

Godspeed.

2013-03-26 09:55:47 PM

makleto: TDUsGamer: *rubs eyes and wakes up from 9 years of on and off lurking.* Okay...I'm in.

Wow, apparently I'm not the only one to come out from under my rock for this...

Hey, we were all lurkers once.

/still is one for the most part

2013-03-26 10:13:01 PM
You roam the place of my origin, beware, for I did arise from that Tiffany and Sons wasteland.

/ when I was a kid my grandpa had a mansion that had its own name on the map.  It happened to be two doors away from where the Romney's have their California vacation mansion with the car elevator.  I'm now practically homeless.  Strange trip indeed.

2013-03-26 10:26:23 PM
I don't party, smarty farty.

2013-03-26 11:17:47 PM
Meh.  Too far for me, especially since I don't drink.

2013-03-26 11:21:57 PM
mmmmm.....arrogant bastart

2013-03-26 11:33:03 PM

fwiw I was just lamenting not being able to go, not trying to complain.  I appreciate anytime anyone wants to host some fark party fun

2013-03-27 02:59:15 AM
Fark
I
Beer
Cold
I
Cold
Stone
Beer.

/will probably show up early, just to have a beer.

2013-03-27 08:40:17 AM
Add me to the list of longtime lurkers that are likely to show!
I'll be coming up from Lakeside, I work nights and Tuesday is my Saturday so I can probably just make it up there on time for breakfast!

/Shut up, I know Lakeside is a shiathole.
//I don't drink beer
///Just want to see Wil Wheaton

2013-03-30 01:40:01 AM

2013-04-01 01:01:21 PM

Stone Brewing is where Drew & Wil are colloborating on brewing craft beer, so another brewery really isn't an option.

2013-04-01 03:41:10 PM

Bathia_Mapes: timujin: 5:30pm on a Tuesday?  In Esconfarkingdido?  Have you heard of Golden Road Brewing?  Great beer and they're not out in the sticks.

2013-04-01 07:10:57 PM

timujin: Right, what I meant was that they could have collaborated as a different brewery.  It's much closer to Wil, too, as he's in Pasadena (or at least was a couple of years ago)

I might be wrong, and sorry to threadjack, but I think Wil knows Greg ( read that somplace ) so.. of course its gonna be at Gregs brewery.

2013-04-01 07:33:48 PM
I think I'll be able to make it with a plus 1 around 7pm! Whoo hoo!!!

2013-04-01 07:45:31 PM

DayDreamingD: I think I'll be able to make it with a plus 1 around 7pm! Whoo hoo!!!

Dump that loser and be my plus 1. Trust me on this.

2013-04-01 09:23:13 PM
5:30pm? Not sure if I can get out of work in time :/

2013-04-01 09:31:20 PM

themindiswatching: 5:30pm? Not sure if I can get out of work in time :/

It'll likely go on for a while.

2013-04-01 09:54:37 PM

mephisto6: Nuh-uh... nobody goes to Escondido on purpose

ts2.mm.bing.net
Escondido. It ain't San Marcos

2013-04-01 10:13:24 PM

aerojockey: How long is the party going to last?  I probably couldn't make it before 7:30 or so, but I expect Wil and Drew's agents will already have whisked them off to their next gig by then, which means the party will be pretty much dead.

Is it just me, or did anyone else read that and imagine FBI agents whisking Drew away with a beer in his hand?

2013-04-02 12:14:47 AM
Darn, I used to live in Escondido, only missed the party by 43 years.

2013-04-02 02:34:46 AM

2013-04-02 03:03:15 AM
Drew should hold off til Sunday when they're having Oakquinox!

Hell yes I have tickets...

2013-04-02 05:51:02 AM

PawisBetlog: Drew should hold off til Sunday when they're having Oakquinox!

Hell yes I have tickets...

As far as I know Drew will be at the World Fark Party III in New Orleans. It runs from April 5th-April 7th.

2013-04-02 06:00:20 AM

seconded

2013-04-02 11:30:30 AM

I used to live in Poway back then (1969-1972). We'd head up 395 to Escondido to go shopping.

2013-04-02 12:34:13 PM

Did you go to Poway High?  It was a rough place back then.

2013-04-02 02:02:23 PM

seconded

Thanks. A pic for him would be really appreciate I'm sure, guys and dolls. Mike had a setback this morning and could use all the prayers and good thoughts you all can send his way.

Wish Chris and I could join you all tonight, have a blast. Stone makes some good stuff.

2013-04-02 02:30:18 PM

Did you go to Poway High?  It was a rough place back then.

Nope. We left Poway in 1972, when I was in third grade. Dad was Navy at Miramar. There was one stop light in town, at Poway and Pomerado.

2013-04-02 03:04:20 PM

Wellon Dowd: bighairyguy: Wellon Dowd: bighairyguy: Darn, I used to live in Escondido, only missed the party by 43 years.

Did you go to Poway High?  It was a rough place back then.

Lucky you.  Poway was the high school all the "misfits" (to be polite) in the area ended up at, but San Dieguito was even worse, they had National Guard stationed there.

2013-04-02 03:58:00 PM

2013-04-02 04:28:35 PM

KrustyKitten: Was planning on attending but already made an ass out of myself drinking at Pizza Port yesterday afternoon.  Sooooo, too soon?

Only if you're trying to avoid frequent drinking. As for making an ass of yourself... YOLO, amirite?

2013-04-02 05:35:37 PM

GWSuperfan: themindiswatching: 5:30pm? Not sure if I can get out of work in time :/

It'll likely go on for a while.

2013-04-02 05:50:54 PM

wallywam1: I've never been to the brewery. Where is the actual event? Will there be signage or will we just have to wander around until we either find the venue or someone calls the cops?

Stone doesn't go in for signage. You can see the brewery tanks and hoppers for the ingredients behind the building from the road. If you see parking spaces labelled as being for "Growler Fills Only" you're in the right spot.

The public areas aren't ALL that big, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find. Also, since this is just us piggybacking on the brewery's shinding, I would assume that the people working there can point you in the right direction.

2013-04-02 08:08:40 PM
VivianVivisect and I are here- along with Drew and Wil :)

2013-04-02 08:33:59 PM
Have fun guys!

I'm working late tonight, so have extra beers for me.

2013-04-02 08:45:38 PM

Tziva: have extra beers for me.

Already on it :D

2013-04-02 08:49:50 PM
whar people whar?!? if you see me wandering aimlessly flag me down.

2013-04-02 08:55:42 PM

TheReverendLei: whar people whar?!? if you see me wandering aimlessly flag me down.

Look for a dude with long hair sitting with two chicks at a table near the bar. I have a laptop with stickers on the back.

2013-04-02 09:50:26 PM
Party still goin'?

2013-04-02 10:46:07 PM

wallywam1: Party still goin'?

Oh yeah.

2013-04-02 10:59:32 PM
SOMEONE POSE FOR PHOTOS WITH ME.

2013-04-02 11:45:41 PM
Was it worth leaving work early to get there?  Is Fark's mascot a squirrel?

2013-04-03 12:11:12 AM
Where are people? I think I accidentally crashed a private dinner.

2013-04-03 02:06:16 AM

E-Brake: alienated: E-Brake: If possible, could you guys take a group pic with a "Get Well Mike" sign, for v_b, like they did in SF? That'd be really nice and I'm sure he'd get a big kick outta that :)

seconded

Im not TF anymore, E. Im on sabbatical until Juni, so I couldnt read it. Is there a facebook or blogspot thing i could access ?

wallywam1: Where are people? I think I accidentally crashed a private dinner.

Look for Drew or Wil or folks that look like they spend a lot of time online. Say "G'day" or hello

2013-04-03 02:08:42 AM
Sabbatical. does not mean I am in the cave of wonders or at band camp, by the by. I just cant be there for a couple more months or I would make sure that Plutos'orbit was altered and it crashed into Terra
.You know- down time. Be well

2013-04-03 03:24:55 AM

wallywam1: Where are people? I think I accidentally crashed a private dinner.

If you were up with Drew and Wil and Greg, you crashed the right dinner. Kentucky U SHIRT?

2013-04-03 12:54:21 PM

Yes. Oh my God I was so embarrassed once I figured out it wasn't the public Fark party. I explained to Drew after and he just laughed. Hopefully no one thought I was intentionally being a jackass by just plopping myself down at their dinner table.

2013-04-03 02:49:07 PM

wallywam1: TheReverendLei: wallywam1: Where are people? I think I accidentally crashed a private dinner.

They seem to be forgiving of party fouls. When I was standing in the autograph line, I tossed a few bucks into the donation box for vincent_blackshadow's medical fund and accidentally bumped the box which almost knocked over Wil Wheaton's beer glass. Luckily he caught it, and it was just an empty one that fell down and broke. Sorry Greg! :)