Host: FiendishFellow05
Description: Boston Farkers Annual St. Paddy's Day Pub Crawl - March 16th @ 1PM
Date/Time: March 16, 2013 - 01:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: It's time once again for the annual Boston Farker's St. Paddy's Day Pub Crawl!

This year, we'll be dragging our sorry carcasses through Porter Square in Cambridge and Davis Square in Somerville. That's not as bad as it sounds - they're a short walk apart.

You'll have the option to take in a movie at the Somerville Theater in Davis Square, should you want a break. And hey, if you don't, they DO serve beer!

The itinerary is as follows.

1PM: Tavern On The Sqaure(Porter Sqaure)
2PM: Newtowne Grille
*walk to Davis Sqaure*
3PM: The Burren
4PM: Joshua Tree
*semi-drunken pizza at Mike's in Davis Square*
5PM: Johnny D's
6PM: Orleans
7PM: Five Horses Tavern
8PM: Sligo (if anyone's still left and standing)

If you could let us know if you're going in the comments, that would be great. I know getting a headcount at a Fark Party is like herding cats, but we'd like a rough one.

Please note: Parking in Porter Square/Cambridge is limited; parking in Davis Square/Somerville is not recommended unless you have a permit, because the city of Somerville will ticket/tow you.

Hope to see you all there!

1767 clicks; posted to Main » on 16 Mar 2013 at 6:39 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all

2013-03-08 07:47:27 PM
This will end badly. As per usual.

2013-03-08 07:59:17 PM
I will try to make it there (I'm new to this and this is my first time)

I'll see if I can get a buddy to join me

2013-03-08 08:05:46 PM

what_now: This will end badly. As per usual.

ot if you remember the cardinal rule.  "I will just limit myself to a shot and a pint... AT EACH OF THE 10,000 bars we will be visiting."

2013-03-08 08:26:32 PM

They stop you after one beer.

2013-03-08 08:34:10 PM

/Might be able to make it. Will know next week.

2013-03-08 08:37:38 PM

Half Right: Everyone has an entire week to get their livers in fighting shape. Plenty of time to synthesize extra smooth endoplasmic reticulum.

/Might be able to make it. Will know next week.

Yeah, sorry aboutthe short notice. Planning this year was sort of haphazard.

2013-03-08 08:43:09 PM
Alright, I have no idea how this works, but if anyone goes to O'Leary's after the St. Mary's stop on the green line... Tell Angus that I love him and I I miss him and Thank You for the Redbreast whisky and and and.... Um...

My god that man and his son are so sexy....

2013-03-08 08:56:25 PM

what_now: This will end badly. As per usual.

Luckily I have Celtics tickets that night and will have to bail out early. You never know who you'll meet at these things.

2013-03-08 09:05:01 PM
I'll see if I can make it... timing is tricky that Saturday.

2013-03-08 09:05:38 PM
Fahk Pahty? Wicked awesome, kid!

2013-03-08 09:14:09 PM
When the fark is there going to be a Seattle Fark party?

2013-03-08 09:34:40 PM

2013-03-08 10:01:16 PM
I'll be in California, but have fun guys!

2013-03-08 10:01:42 PM

Fair enough! Though, to be honest, this is more of a "have a drink or two and hang, move to next bar" type of crawl, as opposed to a "let's all get wasted!" one.

2013-03-08 10:17:37 PM

FiendishFellow05: jaylectricity: I don't like pub crawls, but maybe I could be at one of the stops and greet everybody when they roll through.

Yeah, that would be perfect. Me and my friend(s) would hang out at one bar, welcome you as you pass by, and then say farewell as you moved on to the next spot. It would be a nice way to meet a few new people.

gmail in profile, if I don't hear from you, I'll gmail you and maybe we could set something up.

2013-03-08 10:20:47 PM
I'll be a little late. About 6 days.

2013-03-08 10:41:06 PM

btrflykate: I'll be in California, but have fun guys!

Well crap. You're the only Boston Farker I've met so far. Have fun on the Left Coast though!

2013-03-09 12:12:55 AM
Make suah to pahk your cah by hahvad squahe!

2013-03-09 12:18:43 AM
I will be there, with wife and a few friends!

2013-03-09 02:17:46 AM
I should be there, with my buddy Mark, and my boyfriend if he can be dragged away from work stuff.

2013-03-09 02:41:27 AM
The man's name was Patrick, not Padrick dumbass submitter.

2013-03-09 03:03:52 AM

TwowheelinTim: The man's name was Patrick, not Padrick dumbass submitter.

Padraig. Get a clue. Both Patty (Patrick) and Paddy are correct.

2013-03-09 06:59:42 AM

Because People in power are Stupid: "You'll have the option to take in a movie at the Somerville Theater in Davis Square, should you want a break. And hey, if you don't, they DO serve beer"

They stop you after one beer.

2013-03-09 08:43:02 AM
Will try to drag housebound friend along.

2013-03-09 01:15:03 PM

nosefruit: TwowheelinTim: The man's name was Patrick, not Padrick dumbass submitter.

Padraig. Get a clue. Both Patty (Patrick) and Paddy are correct.

Patty isn't, Paddy is

2013-03-09 01:58:18 PM

FiendishFellow05: Like I said, it's optional - we're not officially stopping there, but if someone wants to go take in a flick, they're more than welcome. Thanks for the info, though.

Well technically. Try doing different things with your clothing and tipping. The policy is one drink per customer but the employees are minimum wage after all.

2013-03-09 02:09:06 PM

2013-03-09 02:29:06 PM
oh fark yes, newtowne is awesome.  pitchers of pbr and jalapeno pizzas have sustained me for the last few years.

2013-03-09 07:11:52 PM

peasants_are_revolting: I'll come. I've never been to one of these things, although I have been in Boston the past two or three St. Paddy's. How do we know each other - is there a secret handshake, or do we wear distinctive feather boas or something?

We'll be wearing nametags, so look for the group of shifty-looking bastards wearing nametags.

/Just wanted to use the phrase "shifty-looking bastards".

2013-03-09 08:08:17 PM

It's as simple as remembering the slogan:

Rock out with your cock out.

2013-03-09 08:56:40 PM

(only other way I could think of would be getting the red line from Wollaston...but that would just suck in so many ways)

2013-03-09 08:57:25 PM

somedude210: Just curious, is there any easy to get to places to park that are nearby by and any/all of these? I'm picking up my girlfriend in Newton and it's a hop up 95-Rt 2 to get to most of these places in/around Davis Square

FTFM

2013-03-09 09:43:22 PM

If you're picking her up in Newton, I might suggest parking at one of the Green Line stops in Newton(Riverside, Woodland, Waban, Elliot, Newton Center, Chestnut Hill). And really, if you take the Red Line, it's a straight shot to Porter and the first stop is right down the street. And when you're done, get back on in Davis and straight back down to Wollaston.

As far as parking goes, beyond parking in the Lesley University lot behind the building Tavern On The Square is in, there's not much parking. Parking on the street is asking to get towed, especially in Somerville.

2013-03-10 03:03:40 PM
I'll try to be there.

2013-03-10 03:08:39 PM
But I live right off the Red Line and work in Porter Square. So I'd like to be there.

Might only make the first one or two places, though. For medical reasons, I can't drink like I used to...but I would love to meet up with some people from Fark.

2013-03-10 04:39:43 PM

2013-03-10 05:06:16 PM
I'll be there, at least for the first half.

And i would recommend not parking in Davis unless you have a Somerville Permit.

2013-03-10 07:40:04 PM

d1zzy32: They have some parking at davis square (on the street). I might pop in to the Burren, don't know what my friends are doing though.

Yeah, but most street parking in Somerville is permit-only. No permit gets you towed.

shivashakti: It depends upon my schedule/other plans which I'm trying to figure out right now.

Hey, a couple is better than none. If you can make, we're happy to have you along!

darthmixalot:And i would recommend not parking in Davis unless you have a Somerville Permit.

THIS.

2013-03-12 07:22:04 AM

Park at Alewife (at the end of Rt 2), and just hop on the Red line.

Last year was a blast, even though we didn't make it through all the places we had planned. Can't wait for Saturday

2013-03-13 02:13:30 PM

Whoa, no no, dude. You go in the pike to exit 18 and drive in. Alternately you could take the commuter rail from Waltham center that goes into porter (and probably other places, I haven't checked).  I'll be driving in and parking near porter.  Email me if you want more detailed recommendations. I know the area.

2013-03-13 02:13:51 PM
WTF I'm still logged in?

2013-03-13 02:14:34 PM

Raccoon Dog: WTF I'm still logged in?

I just tried to Like this post.

Fail.

2013-03-13 02:55:09 PM

Starryeyes: Raccoon Dog: WTF I'm still logged in?

I just tried to Like this post.

Fail.

I just tried to like you.

Success!

2013-03-15 02:02:06 PM

Depending on what part of Newton she is in you can take the commuter rail from Waltham (Carter St) right to Porter sq.

2013-03-15 02:08:36 PM
Lift a glass to St. Urho as well!

2013-03-15 02:18:51 PM

If everyone's drinking, I'd grab the Green Line in Newton and change to Red at Park Street.  Might be a bit faster, warmer, more convenient to drive as Starry says, but safer by Green Line.

/No, I won't be there.

2013-03-15 02:24:07 PM
Will there be medals for Projectile Vomiting? Is the competition still judged only on distance or has artistic expression been weighted into the scoring? This is important.

2013-03-15 02:32:03 PM

/No, I won't be there.

This may be the first time that the Green line has ever been called the "safer" option

2013-03-15 02:36:42 PM
Hells no, I live in Southie and this is my plan, the same plan as every year:

9pm the night before St Paddy's: Pack car, leave town, drinks in NH/NY/CT or anywhere else sanity continues to reign.

2013-03-15 02:44:29 PM

Klivian: Nana's Vibrator: somedude210: Just curious, is there any easy to get to places to park that are nearby by and/all of these? I'm picking up my girlfriend in Newton and it's a hop up 95-Rt 2 to get to most of these places in/around Davis Square

/No, I won't be there.

Last year's big incident aside, with the green line, you're typically safer inside the train than outside of it.  Barely, but still safer.  As a kid I used to take the bus into Forest Hills and grab the Orange line.  That was adventurous.

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all