Host: LlamaGirl
Description: Twin Cities Fark Party - Saturday, March 9th - Psycho Suzi's @ 6pm
Date/Time: March 9, 2013 - 06:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Howdy folks!

Out of towner farker MBK is coming to visit our beautiful state while it's still snow covered and cold, so the least we can do is welcome him with some booze!

The location is not set in stone if you have a better suggestion for a Saturday night, feel free to post your thoughts here.

I hope a ton of you can make it! So do spread the word around to people who may not pay attention to these things or don't live on fark all day like I do.

Location: Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge
1900 Marshall St. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418
(612) 788-9069
(view map)

1608 clicks; posted to Main » on 09 Mar 2013 at 6:59 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Last | Show all

2013-02-28 08:09:31 PM

Raging Thespian: seumasokelly: Will there be a semi-famous, mildly talented YouTube star there?

No, you'll be stuck with me.

?Yay?

/.Hahahaha!

2013-02-28 08:12:15 PM

MaxxLarge: I'll be there in spirit, but I moved from Minneapolis to Los Angeles a few weeks ago.

Did you really?  That quickly?

I was hoping to have more time to mourn your moving, not less.

2013-02-28 08:13:39 PM

alwayslurking: I'll be in Milwaukee for a show that night :(

How's you, lady?  Email me!

2013-02-28 08:18:43 PM

2013-02-28 08:24:09 PM

We're talking a week from now.  I wouldn't think there would be too much more snow.  Personally, I'd say if you want to road trip up, do it.  I think it'll be fine.

2013-02-28 09:28:14 PM
a good possibility that I might show up. last one was a lot of fun.

2013-03-01 01:28:59 AM

anyone want to help me out on that one...?

;)

We've been through this before.  But because you might be a bit *touched*, we'll cover it again, k?

You.  Spider.

Are married to a hot
and highly sought after
TFette

You win.
Game over.
Take your hot, funny, witty TFette home and spend the next 11 minutes trying to satisfy her.
And the next 2 minutes stifling your tears in the bathroom.

Don't make me tell you again.
*stern look*

I am indeed married to a hot, sought after TFette. I do win.

But you have some facts messed up there....

She is always satisfied and the 11 minute time is from her, not me. Is it my fault she can't handle this? ;)

Oh, and the whole open/poly marriage thing too.... that kind of makes a difference. :D Because I can almost guarantee her boyfriend will be there too.

2013-03-01 06:45:45 AM

MINNESOTA FARKERS, HELP ME OUT!!!

/Point one in MN favor:  name of bar is Psycho Suzi's

2013-03-01 08:12:38 AM
I'd love to be there but Saturday night is roller derby at The Roy. Roller derby wins every time.

2013-03-01 08:14:16 AM

The Ice Cream Man: /Point one in MN favor: name of bar is Psycho Suzi's

It's actually "Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge" - renowned for a certain style of deep fried potato product and it's tacky-tacky Tiki motif.

The Tater Tot Martini is one of the Wonders of the Modern World(TM).

2013-03-01 08:27:07 AM
A Fark party you say? I may actually have to make one of these. Hell, it's a good excuse to drink and eat a few slice of Hemi Cuda

2013-03-01 11:41:09 AM

The Ice Cream Man: You know, a SE Michigan Fark party was just posted.  Now, I gotta chose between a party that is 750 miles away, in early March, verses a party 50 miles away in late April.  Decisions, decisions...

MINNESOTA FARKERS, HELP ME OUT!!!

/Point one in MN favor:  name of bar is Psycho Suzi's

media.tumblr.com

2013-03-01 04:58:07 PM
Donnchadha: "Why don't we have both?"

Cuz I'm getting old, and I need more than a month to recover between parties.

/I am such a lightweight

2013-03-01 05:09:25 PM

Miss.UnderstoodRedhead: Mike: Hm.  Haven't done a long road trip for months.  Wonder how much snow there'll be.

Supposedly no precipitation and touching 40 for a high. Only snow left will be the parking lot mountains I think.

2013-03-01 08:58:12 PM
I'm not seeing the same forecast from the NWS...but I like yours better.

2013-03-02 07:01:21 PM
I think I can make this one.

2013-03-02 07:04:08 PM

2013-03-02 07:13:03 PM

*snicker*

2013-03-02 07:28:29 PM

You should for sure come!
I'm almost positive no one will stalk you, unless it's maybe a celery stalk, you know where.

2013-03-02 07:30:13 PM

I guess I sounded a bit pompous when I called myself a very, very, very low-level celebrity of sorts, but usually people like having me at parties because of my appearance on AGT. I can see where that would irk somebody a bit, though, if they're already in a foul mood. What got me was the endless flaming I got from trashy and a couple of others. That makes me fear what Farkers might be like if I met them in the real world. If more of them were reasonable like you, that might tilt me in the direction of going...

2013-03-02 07:39:41 PM
hahaha dangit Meow...

2013-03-02 07:42:45 PM

2013-03-02 07:43:57 PM

meow said the dog: Thanks for your civil response, Jimmysolson. I'm still iffy about going, but what's tilting me in the direction of not going is the nasty responses I got.

Reasonable like me, how? Like a farking scientist, reasonable like me?
From my limited experiences with IRL Farkers, there are none reasonable ... like me!

2013-03-02 07:46:08 PM

spidermann: Miss.UnderstoodRedhead: spidermann: If I want to get laid I guess I should come to this.

anyone want to help me out on that one...?

;)

You.  Spider.

Are married to a hot
and highly sought after
TFette

You win.
Game over.
And the next 2 minutes stifling your tears in the bathroom.

Don't make me tell you again.
*stern look*

I am indeed married to a hot, sought after TFette. I do win.

But you have some facts messed up there....

Does he have a Fark account yet? Cause he totes should.

2013-03-02 07:50:28 PM
hahahahaha

2013-03-02 07:51:27 PM

MNguy: The last Fark party I was at featured 8 bit and Hannah, meow would be a real disappointment.

I'll be there, does that count for anything at all? :\

ravenlore: Does he have a Fark account yet? Cause he totes should.

He does. He even posts. It's terrifying.

2013-03-02 08:31:08 PM

The snow is on its way out. And it's supposed to be like almost 40 degrees next weekend.

2013-03-02 08:38:01 PM
LlamaGirl:

I'll be there, does that count for anything at all? :\

It counts, I'll see you there.

2013-03-02 08:43:33 PM

gilgamesh23: Mike: Hm.  Haven't done a long road trip for months.  Wonder how much snow there'll be.

Well, except for the 6+ inches we might get between tomorrow and Tuesday...

2013-03-02 08:56:24 PM

ravenlore: Well, except for the 6+ inches we might get between tomorrow and Tuesday...

Oh, pish. Winter is over. Give it up. (Seriously, nature. Enough already.)

2013-03-02 10:18:35 PM

I would just like to mention at this point that this was not me.

2013-03-02 10:24:33 PM

Raging Thespian: meow said the dog: I would love to go there just to serve a bit of copypasta to everyone!I live in Saint Paul and am something of a very (very, very, very) minor celebrity, but I'm not sure I want to go yet...Has anybody who's even remotely famous ever outed themselves on Fark? To reiterate, I'm pretty much at the very, very, very bottom of anything that even remotely could be considered 'famous', but I can provide a link to a YouTube video of me on network TV last year. Or a link to one of my 3 Facebook fan pages. But, yes, I am afraid of stalkers...and you envious trolls out there are making me think that maybe I shouldn't bother going. In that case, you'll have to pay to see me when I have my gig in Minneapolis later this year...

I would just like to mention at this point that this was not me.

If it was do you think you'd have been on the my podcast three times?

;)

2013-03-03 02:36:24 AM
if each of you would send me a dollar I might show up.

2013-03-03 09:38:26 AM
Now that would be a par-tay!

2013-03-08 07:07:12 PM
And here I am without any personally to wear.

2013-03-08 07:12:46 PM

Markus5: And here I am without any personally to wear.

Could you at least wear some by proxy?

2013-03-08 07:25:17 PM
I wish I could be everywhere at once, like Mike.

He's freaking omnipresent.

2013-03-08 07:27:20 PM

brap: I wish I could be everywhere at once, like Mike.

He's freaking omnipresent.

I'd love for you to come to a fark party up here sometime!

2013-03-08 07:29:41 PM

LlamaGirl: brap: I wish I could be everywhere at once, like Mike.

He's freaking omnipresent.

I'd love for you to come to a fark party up here sometime!

Seriously, dude. Come back to your old stomping grounds!

2013-03-08 07:35:40 PM

I'm probably out for next weekend's SF party too, much as I wanna go to that one.

2013-03-08 07:46:53 PM

Mike: Well, actually....  I think I'm out, after all.  Just got over a cold that derailed my whole week.

LAME. I was looking forward to seeing you again. You're so lame Mike. Geez.

2013-03-08 07:53:59 PM
Aw, geez . . . Mike and leftyblonde might show up?  That'd be epic!

And I can't go.  Got a slightly underage nephew up visiting from Iowa this weekend.  My brother's counting on me to ride herd on him . . . and his girlfriend/traveling companion.

But I want to.

2013-03-08 07:55:34 PM
Oh.  Guess I shoulda updated before posting.  Ne'er ye mind on that last post.

2013-03-08 07:58:37 PM

Raging Thespian: I'd love for you to come to a fark party up here sometime!

Seriously, dude. Come back to your old stomping grounds!

I would love to come out and see the place of my birf.  First Avenue, Seventh Street Entry, Ragstock, The Fantastic Art Museum with the Cherry Spoon where I saw my first Magritte show and had my mind blown by the concept of "This is not a pipe", the Ole Bull sculpture in the park across the road.  Being able to yell JOHNSON or PETERSON! at a Replacement show and have everyone stop and turn around. Not being able to ice skate as a child and being ridiculed by infants.  Buck Hill.  Public parks with bone breaking ski jump ramps in them.  It's all coming back to me now.  Maybe this summer.

2013-03-08 08:04:27 PM
Lmao....fark parties?

2013-03-08 08:30:34 PM

LlamaGirl: LAME

yeah, I know :p  I was looking forward to it.

I probably still could if I left, like, right now, but I really need to save my money this month/year.  Sigh.

2013-03-08 08:35:10 PM

Mike: yeah, I know :p  I was looking forward to it.

It's understandable! Take care of yourself and I'll cya some other time!

2013-03-08 10:00:18 PM
Where is YoungSweedishBlonde?

2013-03-08 10:53:37 PM
I'll definitely be there; I'll be the one with my dick hanging out, just in case you want to come over and say hi.

2013-03-09 12:54:00 AM