Do you have adblock enabled?

Host: LlamaGirl
Description: Twin Cities Fark Party - Saturday, March 9th - Psycho Suzi's @ 6pm
Date/Time: March 9, 2013 - 06:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Howdy folks!

Out of towner farker MBK is coming to visit our beautiful state while it's still snow covered and cold, so the least we can do is welcome him with some booze!

The location is not set in stone if you have a better suggestion for a Saturday night, feel free to post your thoughts here.

I hope a ton of you can make it! So do spread the word around to people who may not pay attention to these things or don't live on fark all day like I do.

Location: Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge
1900 Marshall St. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418
(612) 788-9069
(view map)

1652 clicks; posted to Main » on 09 Mar 2013 at 6:59 AM (3 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2013-02-28 11:03:22 AM
Woo!

2013-02-28 11:05:17 AM
Hey MissUnderstoodRedHead - You'd better come to this!

2013-02-28 11:07:56 AM

MBK [TotalFark]
2013-02-28 11:08:05 AM
Thanks a lot Llamagirl for doing this.  Also for the other MN Farkers that have stated they want to hang out.

\o/

2013-02-28 11:08:06 AM
MBK this is for you so get your ass in here.

2013-02-28 11:09:09 AM
goddamn flood control.....

KingoftheCheese: Man. If you guys would set these things up more than a week in advance, I would totally come to one.

Well, I will try to remember that next time. I normally don't set these up though. I just go.

MBK [TotalFark]
2013-02-28 11:09:18 AM
Also there may or may not be a Confrontation between Llamagirl and I...

2013-02-28 11:09:55 AM

MBK: Also there may or may not be a Confrontation between Llamagirl and I...

No. There reaaaaaaaally won't be.

MBK [TotalFark]
2013-02-28 11:30:16 AM

LlamaGirl: MBK: Also there may or may not be a Confrontation between Llamagirl and I...

No. There reaaaaaaaally won't be.

Oh well.  Still.  I hope people come out and have drinks.

2013-02-28 11:30:55 AM
Kid weekend for me - y'all loose out.

2013-02-28 11:32:59 AM

No. There reaaaaaaaally won't be.

Well, I was going to be there... now I'll just go to Charlotte that weekend instead

2013-02-28 11:40:36 AM

LlamaGirl: I normally don't set these up though.

I think MURH was in literland when the previous thread was on TFD...

2013-02-28 11:53:22 AM
Will there be a semi-famous, mildly talented YouTube star there?

2013-02-28 12:15:30 PM
I've got a birthday bar hop in St. Paul that night, but I should be able to swing by for one.

2013-02-28 12:37:59 PM

seumasokelly: Will there be a semi-famous, mildly talented YouTube star there?

No, you'll be stuck with me.

2013-02-28 01:21:50 PM
I'll be there

Myschief??

2013-02-28 01:23:26 PM

rappy: I'll be there

Myschief??

Yuuuussssssssssssssssssss!

2013-02-28 01:57:50 PM
I have no way to get there. I live in Faribault with no car or license.

2013-02-28 02:05:22 PM

2013-02-28 02:07:06 PM
I may be able to crash attend this one...

2013-02-28 02:07:40 PM
If I want to get laid I guess I should come to this.

anyone want to help me out on that one...?

;)

2013-02-28 02:09:05 PM

wtfisthat: Faribault

if anybody from Southern MN (or below) is coming up for this pick him up please...?

2013-02-28 02:09:28 PM
Goddammit- this is way to short-notice for buying plane tickets :(

2013-02-28 02:10:43 PM
That place is great but it is in NE so try not to get stabbed people.

2013-02-28 02:13:10 PM

Wuyley: That place is great but it is in NE so try not to get stabbed people.

Maybe I want to get stabbed!

2013-02-28 02:36:48 PM
Birthday weekend with the Mrs. Will be the first time all 3 kids will be out of the house somewhere else overnight.

Catch the next one (I hope).

MBK [TotalFark]
2013-02-28 03:02:21 PM

spidermann: If I want to get laid I guess I should come to this.

anyone want to help me out on that one...?

;)

Sigh, I'll take one for the team....

2013-02-28 04:03:04 PM

LlamaGirl: Maybe I want to get stabbed!

Hell, I've been there and I didn't get stabbed...

2013-02-28 04:20:54 PM

Wuyley: That place is great but it is in NE so try not to get stabbed people.

I have been stabbed fewer than 25% of the times I've been there. Those are pretty good odds.

2013-02-28 04:25:57 PM
IIRC Psycho Suzi's was featured on Diners Drive Ins and Dives.

I traveled up to Minneapolis about 20 times for work in 2010. I love that city! Wish I could be there.

Have a great evening!

=]

2013-02-28 04:39:35 PM
Hoot! Hopefully can make this one.

2013-02-28 04:48:03 PM

2013-02-28 04:52:02 PM

Doogles4221: I should be able to go to this. I have not been to Psycho Suzi's in over a year.

So, you think they changed bouncers since then?
(jk)

Mayhaps I will see you all there. : )

2013-02-28 05:18:43 PM
Damn it, again with another obligation that night.

2013-02-28 05:19:10 PM
Whether I can come to this depends on whether I'm working (damn evening jobs), but I will if I can.

spidermann: If I want to get laid I guess I should come to this.

anyone want to help me out on that one...?

I guess I could have sex with you.

2013-02-28 05:30:29 PM
Maybe I'll trek up there again.

2013-02-28 05:30:41 PM
I'll be in Milwaukee for a show that night :(

2013-02-28 05:32:29 PM

Wuyley: That place is great but it is in NE so try not to get stabbed people.

It's a bit north of the stabby part of town. You really gotta go a ways down bottineau to find the stabby part of the north cities.

Oh, and I'll attempt to attend this one.

2013-02-28 05:33:16 PM
But I am here today. :(

2013-02-28 05:52:20 PM
About Psycho Suzie's.

If there were some way to open up a franchise here in the Geneva, Switzerland area, it would make everyone phenomenally rich.  I waxed massively enthusiastic with the young lady who answered the phone about the ambiance, the booze menu and the food menu.  The Geneva stuck-up sticky-beaks need something a bit more grounded, IMHO.  And anything including near-toxic measures of rum is just the ticket.

I don't see coming to the Twin Cities anytime soon (it is a bit of a distance from Geneva, sadly) but I envy the shiat out of any of you who are going to a Fark party there.  I would just need chauffeur service and a safe, stab-flee clean place to sleep.  That would be bliss.

With humble regards from dozy Geneva,
J.

2013-02-28 05:53:13 PM

Bukharin: Maybe I'll trek up there again.

!!!

Slick Johnson: But I am here today. :(

Save us some tables

2013-02-28 06:15:38 PM
Wow, night off, next morning off and payday day before, I might actually be able to come to this one. Anyone need a ride from Saint Paul?

2013-02-28 06:31:46 PM
Damnit this is the day before my birthday and I was planning on getting really drunk and bar hoping the Wisconsin way. Now I might have to change my plans.......

2013-02-28 06:58:11 PM
Well, SHIAT - looks like there's going to be a pretty good turn-out.

Didn't anyone get the memo to clear a date with me first so I can make sure I'm available?

MBK [TotalFark]
2013-02-28 07:36:53 PM
You people are awesome. The more the merrier. Come see one of Farks original posters! Come bask in the awesomeness that is my chest hair.

Team 3 digit accounts!

2013-02-28 07:58:25 PM

LlamaGirl: Hey MissUnderstoodRedHead - You'd better come to this!

Holy crap.  That weekend is going to be balls to the wall, from the looks of it.

I should make it but I may not be able to stay for very long.

2013-02-28 08:01:13 PM

Donnchadha: North Carolina farkers just aren't nearly as social as Minnesotans. This state sucks.

That'll teach ya' to move so far away!

2013-02-28 08:02:41 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: LlamaGirl: I normally don't set these up though.

I think MURH was in literland when the previous thread was on TFD...

I was.  Gingerjet (aka. bavarian) sponsored me out of the goodness of his non-ginger heart.

*swoon*

2013-02-28 08:03:35 PM

seumasokelly: Will there be a semi-famous, mildly talented YouTube star there?

we can always hope

/weather permitting, of course

2013-02-28 08:08:08 PM

spidermann: If I want to get laid I guess I should come to this.

anyone want to help me out on that one...?

;)

We've been through this before.  But because you might be a bit *touched*, we'll cover it again, k?

You.  Spider.

Are married to a hot
and highly sought after
TFette

You win.
Game over.
Take your hot, funny, witty TFette home and spend the next 11 minutes trying to satisfy her.
And the next 2 minutes stifling your tears in the bathroom.

Don't make me tell you again.
*stern look*

2013-02-28 08:09:31 PM

Raging Thespian: seumasokelly: Will there be a semi-famous, mildly talented YouTube star there?

No, you'll be stuck with me.

?Yay?

/.Hahahaha!

2013-02-28 08:12:15 PM

MaxxLarge: I'll be there in spirit, but I moved from Minneapolis to Los Angeles a few weeks ago.

Did you really?  That quickly?

I was hoping to have more time to mourn your moving, not less.

2013-02-28 08:13:39 PM

alwayslurking: I'll be in Milwaukee for a show that night :(

How's you, lady?  Email me!

2013-02-28 08:18:43 PM

2013-02-28 08:24:09 PM

We're talking a week from now.  I wouldn't think there would be too much more snow.  Personally, I'd say if you want to road trip up, do it.  I think it'll be fine.

2013-02-28 09:28:14 PM
a good possibility that I might show up. last one was a lot of fun.

2013-03-01 01:28:59 AM

anyone want to help me out on that one...?

;)

You.  Spider.

Are married to a hot
and highly sought after
TFette

You win.
Game over.
And the next 2 minutes stifling your tears in the bathroom.

Don't make me tell you again.
*stern look*

I am indeed married to a hot, sought after TFette. I do win.

But you have some facts messed up there....

She is always satisfied and the 11 minute time is from her, not me. Is it my fault she can't handle this? ;)

Oh, and the whole open/poly marriage thing too.... that kind of makes a difference. :D Because I can almost guarantee her boyfriend will be there too.

2013-03-01 06:45:45 AM

MINNESOTA FARKERS, HELP ME OUT!!!

/Point one in MN favor:  name of bar is Psycho Suzi's

2013-03-01 08:12:38 AM
I'd love to be there but Saturday night is roller derby at The Roy. Roller derby wins every time.

2013-03-01 08:14:16 AM

The Ice Cream Man: /Point one in MN favor: name of bar is Psycho Suzi's

It's actually "Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge" - renowned for a certain style of deep fried potato product and it's tacky-tacky Tiki motif.

The Tater Tot Martini is one of the Wonders of the Modern World(TM).

2013-03-01 08:27:07 AM
A Fark party you say? I may actually have to make one of these. Hell, it's a good excuse to drink and eat a few slice of Hemi Cuda

2013-03-01 11:41:09 AM

The Ice Cream Man: You know, a SE Michigan Fark party was just posted.  Now, I gotta chose between a party that is 750 miles away, in early March, verses a party 50 miles away in late April.  Decisions, decisions...

MINNESOTA FARKERS, HELP ME OUT!!!

/Point one in MN favor:  name of bar is Psycho Suzi's

media.tumblr.com

2013-03-01 04:58:07 PM
Donnchadha: "Why don't we have both?"

Cuz I'm getting old, and I need more than a month to recover between parties.

/I am such a lightweight

2013-03-01 05:09:25 PM

Miss.UnderstoodRedhead: Mike: Hm.  Haven't done a long road trip for months.  Wonder how much snow there'll be.

Supposedly no precipitation and touching 40 for a high. Only snow left will be the parking lot mountains I think.

2013-03-01 08:58:12 PM
I'm not seeing the same forecast from the NWS...but I like yours better.

2013-03-02 07:01:21 PM
I think I can make this one.

2013-03-02 07:04:08 PM

2013-03-02 07:13:03 PM

*snicker*

2013-03-02 07:28:29 PM

You should for sure come!
I'm almost positive no one will stalk you, unless it's maybe a celery stalk, you know where.

2013-03-02 07:30:13 PM

I guess I sounded a bit pompous when I called myself a very, very, very low-level celebrity of sorts, but usually people like having me at parties because of my appearance on AGT. I can see where that would irk somebody a bit, though, if they're already in a foul mood. What got me was the endless flaming I got from trashy and a couple of others. That makes me fear what Farkers might be like if I met them in the real world. If more of them were reasonable like you, that might tilt me in the direction of going...

2013-03-02 07:39:41 PM
hahaha dangit Meow...

2013-03-02 07:42:45 PM

2013-03-02 07:43:57 PM

meow said the dog: Thanks for your civil response, Jimmysolson. I'm still iffy about going, but what's tilting me in the direction of not going is the nasty responses I got.

Reasonable like me, how? Like a farking scientist, reasonable like me?
From my limited experiences with IRL Farkers, there are none reasonable ... like me!

2013-03-02 07:46:08 PM

spidermann: Miss.UnderstoodRedhead: spidermann: If I want to get laid I guess I should come to this.

anyone want to help me out on that one...?

;)

You.  Spider.

Are married to a hot
and highly sought after
TFette

You win.
Game over.
And the next 2 minutes stifling your tears in the bathroom.

Don't make me tell you again.
*stern look*

I am indeed married to a hot, sought after TFette. I do win.

But you have some facts messed up there....

Does he have a Fark account yet? Cause he totes should.

2013-03-02 07:50:28 PM
hahahahaha

2013-03-02 07:51:27 PM

MNguy: The last Fark party I was at featured 8 bit and Hannah, meow would be a real disappointment.

I'll be there, does that count for anything at all? :\

ravenlore: Does he have a Fark account yet? Cause he totes should.

He does. He even posts. It's terrifying.

2013-03-02 08:31:08 PM

The snow is on its way out. And it's supposed to be like almost 40 degrees next weekend.

2013-03-02 08:38:01 PM
LlamaGirl:

I'll be there, does that count for anything at all? :\

It counts, I'll see you there.

2013-03-02 08:43:33 PM

gilgamesh23: Mike: Hm.  Haven't done a long road trip for months.  Wonder how much snow there'll be.

Well, except for the 6+ inches we might get between tomorrow and Tuesday...

2013-03-02 08:56:24 PM

ravenlore: Well, except for the 6+ inches we might get between tomorrow and Tuesday...

Oh, pish. Winter is over. Give it up. (Seriously, nature. Enough already.)

2013-03-02 10:18:35 PM

I would just like to mention at this point that this was not me.

2013-03-02 10:24:33 PM

Raging Thespian: meow said the dog: I would love to go there just to serve a bit of copypasta to everyone!I live in Saint Paul and am something of a very (very, very, very) minor celebrity, but I'm not sure I want to go yet...Has anybody who's even remotely famous ever outed themselves on Fark? To reiterate, I'm pretty much at the very, very, very bottom of anything that even remotely could be considered 'famous', but I can provide a link to a YouTube video of me on network TV last year. Or a link to one of my 3 Facebook fan pages. But, yes, I am afraid of stalkers...and you envious trolls out there are making me think that maybe I shouldn't bother going. In that case, you'll have to pay to see me when I have my gig in Minneapolis later this year...

I would just like to mention at this point that this was not me.

If it was do you think you'd have been on the my podcast three times?

;)

2013-03-03 02:36:24 AM
if each of you would send me a dollar I might show up.

2013-03-03 09:38:26 AM
Now that would be a par-tay!

2013-03-08 07:07:12 PM
And here I am without any personally to wear.

2013-03-08 07:12:46 PM

Markus5: And here I am without any personally to wear.

Could you at least wear some by proxy?

2013-03-08 07:25:17 PM
I wish I could be everywhere at once, like Mike.

He's freaking omnipresent.

2013-03-08 07:27:20 PM

brap: I wish I could be everywhere at once, like Mike.

He's freaking omnipresent.

I'd love for you to come to a fark party up here sometime!

2013-03-08 07:29:41 PM

LlamaGirl: brap: I wish I could be everywhere at once, like Mike.

He's freaking omnipresent.

I'd love for you to come to a fark party up here sometime!

Seriously, dude. Come back to your old stomping grounds!

2013-03-08 07:35:40 PM

I'm probably out for next weekend's SF party too, much as I wanna go to that one.

2013-03-08 07:46:53 PM

Mike: Well, actually....  I think I'm out, after all.  Just got over a cold that derailed my whole week.

LAME. I was looking forward to seeing you again. You're so lame Mike. Geez.

2013-03-08 07:53:59 PM
Aw, geez . . . Mike and leftyblonde might show up?  That'd be epic!

And I can't go.  Got a slightly underage nephew up visiting from Iowa this weekend.  My brother's counting on me to ride herd on him . . . and his girlfriend/traveling companion.

But I want to.

2013-03-08 07:55:34 PM
Oh.  Guess I shoulda updated before posting.  Ne'er ye mind on that last post.

2013-03-08 07:58:37 PM

Raging Thespian: I'd love for you to come to a fark party up here sometime!

Seriously, dude. Come back to your old stomping grounds!

I would love to come out and see the place of my birf.  First Avenue, Seventh Street Entry, Ragstock, The Fantastic Art Museum with the Cherry Spoon where I saw my first Magritte show and had my mind blown by the concept of "This is not a pipe", the Ole Bull sculpture in the park across the road.  Being able to yell JOHNSON or PETERSON! at a Replacement show and have everyone stop and turn around. Not being able to ice skate as a child and being ridiculed by infants.  Buck Hill.  Public parks with bone breaking ski jump ramps in them.  It's all coming back to me now.  Maybe this summer.

2013-03-08 08:04:27 PM
Lmao....fark parties?

2013-03-08 08:30:34 PM

LlamaGirl: LAME

yeah, I know :p  I was looking forward to it.

I probably still could if I left, like, right now, but I really need to save my money this month/year.  Sigh.

2013-03-08 08:35:10 PM

Mike: yeah, I know :p  I was looking forward to it.

It's understandable! Take care of yourself and I'll cya some other time!

2013-03-08 10:00:18 PM
Where is YoungSweedishBlonde?

2013-03-08 10:53:37 PM

2013-03-09 12:54:00 AM
100 and Ill be going

2013-03-09 01:16:39 AM

2013-03-09 02:01:08 AM

Ukab the Great: I'll definitely be there; I'll be the one with my dick hanging out, just in case you want to come over and say hi.

we'll make sure to bring the magnifying glasses this time.

;)

2013-03-09 08:52:46 AM
Psycho Suzi's has delicious food.  How are the road predictions with the steel and rain?

2013-03-09 02:38:44 PM
Okay kiddos, I have errands to run but I will see you all there!

Probably going to be upstairs at Suzi's since there's usually more room up there.

If you show up, don't lurk! Come say hi! We don't bite.

2013-03-09 02:39:43 PM

Holy_moley: I actually made an account so when I show up I wont be a "lurker"... lol but I have been on this site for years, just too lazy to make an account

Welcome! PREPARE YOURSELF.

2013-03-09 03:06:21 PM
are we going to be in the same spot as last time?

2013-03-09 03:37:10 PM

Mogani: are we going to be in the same spot as last time?

Most likely. At least that's where I'm heading when I get there early.

2013-03-09 05:17:47 PM
and yes, we have nametags.

2013-03-09 05:52:31 PM

spidermann: and yes, we have nametags.

Thank you for mentioning it. You just saved me a trip to Office Max.

2013-03-09 06:26:31 PM
We are upstairs by the windows in the back bar

2013-03-09 07:43:35 PM
I'll be there in about 45 mins

2013-03-09 07:58:40 PM

CaptainJose: I'll be there in about 45 mins

We're here. :)

2013-03-09 08:04:39 PM
i332.photobucket.com

Woo! Party!

2013-03-09 08:16:38 PM
Meh.  Wish I coulda made it.

2013-03-09 08:21:31 PM
i332.photobucket.com

You guys, you guys: MBK is SO stoned.

2013-03-09 08:24:23 PM
Heading out. Will be there soon.

2013-03-09 08:38:39 PM

Bugerz: Heading out. Will be there soon.

Hurry man!!!

2013-03-09 09:47:53 PM
Next gotdamn party better be on a kidless weekend...

YA HEAR ME??!!!

;)

2013-03-10 12:35:03 AM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Next gotdamn party better be on a kidless weekend...

YA HEAR ME??!!!

;)

You're going to have to keep everyone posted as to what weekends are available.
Or better yet, post the next one.

T'was good to see/meet you kids who did show up.

Y'all missed the after party at Tony Jaro's, home of the Greenie.
Life is good!

2013-03-10 12:50:20 AM
Getting home through Uptown on a Saturday night-achievement unlocked.

As always, good to see everyone!!

MBK [TotalFark]
2013-03-10 01:16:53 PM
I just want to say thanks to everyone who showed up last night and had a good time.

I had a good time in Minneapolis and I look forward to my next trip!

2013-03-10 08:00:32 PM

MBK: I had a good time in Minneapolis and I look forward to my next trip!

Yep - lots of good folks around here. Hopefully I can make the next one!

2013-03-11 04:20:20 PM
Made it home safe and sound.  The wife and cats all gave me big wet sloppy kisses upon my return.

Damage report to follow....

/what?

2013-03-11 10:53:33 PM
Last Post, that's what.

2013-03-12 09:29:15 AM
Could it be so? : )

2013-03-12 12:03:00 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Last Post, that's what.

^^^THIS!!!

2013-03-12 06:33:19 PM
Okay, let's see...

Gas for motorcycle:  $142
Tolls in Indiana and Illinois:  $21
Coffee and snacks from rest stops en route:  $45
Hotel room:  $84
Dinner at Psycho Suzi's:  $30
Replacement fuse for headlights $2
     (went back to hotel with emergency flashers on freeway since headlight & taillight were out!)
Lunch at BK:  $7
Rental of U-haul truck to stay ahead of snowstorm:  $504
Tie down straps for motorcycle:  $15
Gas for U-haul truck (Eau Claire, WI to Warren, MI):   $255
Coffee at overnight stay, Michigan Welcome Center:  $1
Breakfast at travel plaza:  $5
Lunch at Bagger Dave's, Ann Arbor:  $16
Dinner with Wife (Birthday dinner for me!) $20
Replacement of plastic shield over ice cream freezer that broke in transit:  $48
Replacement of signage that also blew off (see broken plastic shield):  $11
Spending 2 hours in conversation with complete strangers in Minneapolis, Minnesota:   priceless

2013-03-12 11:03:06 PM
Sometimes a bit of serendipity is a good thing, huh?

2013-03-12 11:09:43 PM
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ...

You win!