Host: Dijon Ketchup
Description: San Francisco FARKapalooza March 16 at Lefty O'Douls
Date/Time: March 16, 2013 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: San Francisco is getting visitors Deterministic (Switzerland!), Beatlefreak (MN) and Thalassatx (TX), so let's show them a great time!

The main event is Saturday night at Lefty O'Douls. However, we're planning a whole weekend of fun! Friday night: 5-7 Rosamunde Sausage Grill (2832 Mission St). 7-8 Mission Bar (2695 Mission St). 8-9 Doc's Clocks (2575 Mission St). Walk to Good Vibrations (603 Valencia St, 1 block off of Mission at 17th). After that we'll be somewhere around 16th/Valenica/Mission .. tons of bars around and if you're coming in then please post here or text someone who's there.

Saturday day we're meeting at the Union Square steps across from Macys, heading down Market to view the parade, and having lunch at Taylors in the Ferry building. Then getting to Pier 39 to tour the Pampanito and time permitting Fisherman's Wharf.

Sunday morning we'll get together for brunch (place still TBD).

And don't forget it's St. Patty's weekend, so wear green!

Location: Lefty O'Douls
333 Geary St
San Francisco, CA
(415) 982-8900
(view map)

3088 clicks; posted to Main » on 16 Mar 2013 at 7:59 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | » | Last | Show all

2013-02-04 05:49:10 PM

Teriaki: Hi babycakes. You coming to this shindig, or what?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe.  If flights start looking cheaper....

2013-02-04 05:53:25 PM

2013-02-04 05:54:12 PM

kiwimoogle84: Um...why? Does she never get girl days? Marriage should be give and take. Everyone needs space and a mini vacation every so often. If I was your wife, I wouldn't say no, provided the funds were available.

(or do they?  *wink*)

/i don't know what that means either

2013-02-04 05:54:58 PM

GWSuperfan: Vegas Airport Taxi reunion!

Damn straight.

2013-02-04 05:56:57 PM

huh......only $164.  hmmm........................hmm........actually there's something going on that wekeend now that i think about it.  i've already committed to something here.

ehhh.  only the 174th consecutive fark party i've missed.  THE STREAK IS INTACT!

2013-02-04 05:58:31 PM

Teriaki: Can't wait! I have already picked out my outfits!

Me too.. but I don't think Beatlefreak is going to like it.

2013-02-04 06:00:51 PM

rickythepenguin: rickythepenguin: of course she does, but her girl days don't involve a $250 plane ticket and out of state travel.

I've never been to one. If I go, and you go, IT'LL BE EPIC.

2013-02-04 06:01:12 PM

Teriaki: rickythepenguin:

i wish i could go.  but i imagine SFO in March is either cold and wet or wet and cold.

ACTUALLY, it's beautiful in Feb/March and again in Sept/Oct. So, your imagination is a big fail.

And since the Sea Lion saw his shadow,Spring is supposed to came early this year.

2013-02-04 06:01:58 PM

Mike: Teriaki: Hi babycakes. You coming to this shindig, or what?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe.  If flights start looking cheaper....

Just roadtrip it :P

2013-02-04 06:06:11 PM

kiwimoogle84: I've never been to one. If I go, and you go, IT'LL BE EPIC.

i've been to some smaller ones but never one a big city.  well that's not entirely true....i went to Pasadena once but by the time i got there, it was wrapping up and most everybody was 'faced, such that a few later were like, "uhhhh.....did i meet you?  i was kinda out of it......and don't you live in arizona?"

2013-02-04 06:07:19 PM

rickythepenguin: kiwimoogle84: I've never been to one. If I go, and you go, IT'LL BE EPIC.

Well I won't be drinking, I'm my own sober driver that evening. So I'll be coherent enough for conversation.

2013-02-04 06:16:31 PM
Kids weekend for me. :/

2013-02-04 06:30:33 PM

2013-02-04 06:40:32 PM
Wish I could go, but I'm already going to NOLA :(

2013-02-04 06:41:50 PM

Oh look, it's that guy. The guy who always complains about the location in a Fark party thread.

2013-02-04 06:46:22 PM
*dances all over the thread*
Count me in! :D

2013-02-04 06:46:25 PM
Never been to SF.  Might have to make the trip.

2013-02-04 06:57:03 PM
Ooh thats my city! /I'm gonna try and make it!

2013-02-04 07:10:36 PM
This is gonna be way better than NOLA.  Less drama :D

2013-02-04 08:12:08 PM

Yay, a kidnapping of convenience, I just might need a ride.

2013-02-04 08:16:03 PM

GWSuperfan: GaperKiller: I'm coming down from high on my mountaintop to attend. And I'm going to try and kidnap Clawhammer on my way, he just doesn't know it yet.

Vegas Airport Taxi reunion!

Vegas Airport Taxi Reunion
Eclectic Boogaloo

2013-02-04 08:33:24 PM

CraicBaby: MegaUngawa: Maybe. Lefty's is a horrible tourist dive that I wouldn't be caught dead in otherwise.

Lefty's is a horrible tourist dive, but it is an SF Fark Party tradition.

2013-02-04 08:59:01 PM
Lefty's on a Saturday night?  Great place to go! Make sure to stay for Francis's arrival.

2013-02-04 09:27:49 PM

gunther_bumpass: Teriaki: Can't wait! I have already picked out my outfits!

Me too.. but I don't think Beatlefreak is going to like it.

You're coming to this party. I know where you live. I will bring a mob with pitchforks and torches.

2013-02-04 09:32:14 PM

rickythepenguin: Teriaki: Bring the wife ;)

DAMMIT!  she ruins everythign!

The Unlikely tag skepticals at your meteorology.

2013-02-04 09:38:00 PM

Get on a plane, fartwad.

Let me know if anyone interesting will be there and maybe :P

*raises hand* I'm interesting. And I know where the best dim sum in the city is- plus, it's cheaper than a month of TF.

SF is my second home.

Much Dim Sum is all the same. But Hang Ah (on Hang Ah Alley Sacramento Street up the hill from Grant) has pictures of Miss Chinatown back to 1954 so you can imagine the feel of tradition.

2013-02-04 09:49:17 PM

You can turn in your San Francisco Card. Of course tourists go there, it's across the street from Onion Square. But with all that Giants memorabilia, and tasty reasonably priced food? Lefty's is #2 only to Tommy's Joynt for locals for meat and meet and beer.

2013-02-04 09:53:40 PM

Kevin72: kiwimoogle84: Mr. Murder: Teriaki: Mr. Murder: Sorry, but I'm scheduled to have my period then.

Get on a plane, fartwad.

Let me know if anyone interesting will be there and maybe :P

SF is my second home.

Oh man. Jook Time on Balboa. Dirty on the outside, little hole in the wall. Best dim sum EVER. And you can stuff yourself for like $4.25.

2013-02-04 11:41:31 PM
Friday night dinner and karaoke: Silver Cloud on Lombard near Webster. Great specials like $6.99 prime beef and they do have karaoke. Not that difficult for out of towners to take Muni though parking could be tough for driving suburbanites.

2013-02-04 11:55:18 PM

The_Sponge: Please tell me they serve more than O'Douls.

Come on over, they serve anyone!

/ ba-dum-tsh!

2013-02-05 12:57:11 AM

Mike: (I do believe my boss is out for this one -- but y'all had him and his wife this past weekend.  Really wish I coulda made that w00tstock show)

T'was AWESOME. Daughter was too tongue-tied to talk to Anne Wheaton, which made us crack up.
Wife and I will be there Saturday night, at the minimum. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

2013-02-05 02:42:50 AM

Uh no. Leftys is horribly lame, with an annoying tourist-heavy crowd, bad food, and uninteresting drinks. Ive been to a fark party there, and there were several out of towners in the group, which pained me to see. In a city with such an incredible bar scene - everything from groundbreaking cocktail joints to epic beer hubs to fun and funky tiki bars - they gotta go with Leftys? Tonga Room, smugglers cove, zeitgeist, 21st amendment - hell, even a private room at bourbon and branch.

/contrarian rant. I just love this city's drinking scene so much that it pains me to see fark embracing the mediocre here.

2013-02-05 02:53:38 AM

GladGirl: Kevin72: MegaUngawa: Maybe. Lefty's is a horrible tourist dive that I wouldn't be caught dead in otherwise.

Ok, I'm a foodie and a history buff, and my alcohol of choice is wine. So I only see all the baseball history and truly decent food and hold the tourists as a badge of honor that I live in a place that's worth visiting. And with even the empty spot in the bar part of my brain I still am aware that Zeitgeist is closed. And didn't. The Tonga Room close like 7 years ago?

2013-02-05 03:15:28 AM
Hmmm 3 BART stops away....

2013-02-05 04:20:35 AM
We'll see.

2013-02-05 04:30:46 AM

Jesus Christ, do you not ever actually go anywhere real? You may possibly be everything that's wrong with this city.

2013-02-05 04:34:42 AM

Kevin72: GladGirl: Kevin72:

If you can actually eat a damned thing at Leftie's you can stuff that whole "foodie" thing up your farking fundament.
I'm betting you're too terrified of your own city to go drinking anywhere near 16th and Mission.

/given druthers, I'd hold it in the TL
//at Frank's 21

2013-02-05 06:38:25 AM

gunther_bumpass: Teriaki: Can't wait! I have already picked out my outfits!

Me too.. but I don't think Beatlefreak is going to like it.

Do I need to be afraid?

2013-02-05 07:28:07 AM

MegaUngawa: Kevin72: GladGirl: Kevin72:

/given druthers, I'd hold it in the TL
//at Frank's 21

You sound beerbellied. While you are out drinking in the Mission, I could be found doing late night basketball in the Mission. I am so sorry that athleticism and drugging up on endorphin highs is ruining your city.

I didn't say Lefty's had haute cuisine, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with their food, unless you're a vegetarian.

2013-02-05 12:42:48 PM

Beatlefreak: gunther_bumpass: Teriaki: Can't wait! I have already picked out my outfits!

Me too.. but I don't think Beatlefreak is going to like it.

Do I need to be afraid?

no. . . I'm slightly less of an asshole in person.

2013-02-05 12:50:32 PM

Teriaki: gunther_bumpass: Teriaki: Can't wait! I have already picked out my outfits!

Me too.. but I don't think Beatlefreak is going to like it.

Oh yeah? Well I'm gonna borrow a pellet gun!

2013-02-05 01:50:54 PM

Kevin72: MegaUngawa: Kevin72: GladGirl: Kevin72:

You sound like a pretentious prat. Maybe you'd be more comfortable someplace in the Marina.

2013-02-05 02:06:24 PM

MegaUngawa: Kevin72: MegaUngawa: Kevin72: GladGirl: Kevin72:

Between the "endorphin highs" and the use of the word "prat", I'd suggest you guys meet up and slap each other with gloves to settle this.

2013-02-05 08:30:43 PM

MegaUngawa: Kevin72: MegaUngawa: Kevin72: GladGirl: Kevin72:

Go ahead. Call me a prat. Call me a Marina People. After all, I did recommend Silver Cloud upthread for karaoke night. I'm still going to defend Lefty's as an excellent venue for a party of 50-80 people. If you had your druthers as you have said in your own words, and we had the party at the 21 Club, it would be a sausagefest and no room for partying after 8-12 people arrived. Even as nice as Frank is. But yeah at least we wouldn't see any tourists there.

2013-02-06 02:24:23 AM
I love SF turf wars in the morning.  Smells like... victory.

Want to know the best place for this kind of thing in San Francisco?  Gather close, you need to go to th

2013-02-06 03:47:00 AM

Kevin72: MegaUngawa: Kevin72: MegaUngawa: Kevin72: GladGirl: Kevin72:

A sausagefest? At a fark party? Why that's ridiculous. The very idea.

2013-02-06 06:33:21 PM

gunther_bumpass: Kevin72: MegaUngawa: Kevin72: MegaUngawa: Kevin72: GladGirl: Kevin72:

A sausagefest? At a fark party? Why that's ridiculous. The very idea.

*waves*

There IS a girl on teh interwebs! And she pays Drew five bucks a month too! What a waste of money. *snerk*

2013-02-08 07:41:57 PM
hmm... excuse to take the bike up the coast.  Maybe...

2013-02-09 01:05:27 PM

timujin: hmm... excuse to take the bike up the coast.  Maybe...

DO IT. SERIOUSLY.

2013-02-10 07:46:33 PM

kiwimoogle84: timujin: hmm... excuse to take the bike up the coast. Maybe...

DO IT. SERIOUSLY.

You are very intense in your encouragement.  I'll look around, see if I can find a place to stay first.  But, yeah, if I can, it seems like a fun ride.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | » | Last | Show all